PDA

View Full Version : Qld: Thursday 28 April 2016 Warm up before the QLD Champs warmup

jimandr
12th April 2016, 09:48 PM
I'm arriving early for the Queensland Championships, so I'm looking for a game on the Thursday.

My early research suggests comp games on the Sunny Coast are rare on a Thursday, but I'll play anywhere within about a hour. My strong preference is for a late morning or early afternoon game, partly because I want to fill my entire day.

So if anybody else is free that day, post here and we'll arrange something, even if you aren't backing up for the Qld's.

billp
13th April 2016, 05:02 AM
If you're an old fella there should be a vets day on somewhere you could play. Another old fella like Daves should have the low down on Vets events for you :)

benno_r
13th April 2016, 05:16 AM
I believe Bribie Island gc has Thursday comps.

Bit more of a drive but totally worth it.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

jimandr
24th April 2016, 05:25 PM
I'll give this a bump, probably for the only time.

My research shows the only mens comp at all is a 1 hour comp at Headland, which doesn't sound very exciting. Everywhere else seems to be Ladies Day on Thursdays, even Bribie.

Bearing that in mind, my preference is now for an early afternoon game at Palmer Coolum, mainly because that course is likely to have disappeared by the next time I am on the Sunny Coast. Ideally, I'd like to have at least one companion so I can share the cart cost.

I'll monitor this thread and make some calls on Tuesday.

highballin
25th April 2016, 10:32 AM
Jim happy to have a hit with you at Bribie (my home club now;)) Social only we can get on from about 12.30

jimandr
25th April 2016, 11:14 AM
Jim happy to have a hit with you at Bribie (my home club now;)) Social only we can get on from about 12.30

Sold!

12.30ish is exactly what I want. You and I can have a super-ironman comp for five rounds in five days.

I'll send you a PM tomorrow evening to confirm.

highballin
25th April 2016, 11:18 AM
Sold!

12.30ish is exactly what I want. You and I can have a super-ironman comp for five rounds in five days.

I'll send you a PM tomorrow evening to confirm.

Jim can you pm me your golf link number & surname. I will book us in

backintheswing
25th April 2016, 12:01 PM
4 of us are playing Thursday, but a long way north of the Sunshine Coast.

highballin
28th April 2016, 04:59 PM
Jim and I had a blast today. Decided to play high stakes handicap matchplay but keep our Stableford scores as well.

Thanks to my handicap advantage I got Jim 2up with one to play.

Stableford scores were 38 vs 36. Which relates to 81 off the stick for me and 79 for Jim on a course he has never played before.

So as Hatch would say I won the special olympics but Jim was the better golfer!

peter_rs
28th April 2016, 05:01 PM
Congrats I was thinking of having a practise but the rain but me off.

I hope it holds for the next few days

highballin
28th April 2016, 05:08 PM
We only got a bit of drizzle

peter_rs
28th April 2016, 05:12 PM
we didn't see much more coolum.

I'm just enjoying the time of drinking to much

Hatchman
28th April 2016, 07:57 PM
Jim and I had a blast today. Decided to play high stakes handicap matchplay but keep our Stableford scores as well.

Thanks to my handicap advantage I got Jim 2up with one to play.

Stableford scores were 38 vs 36. Which relates to 81 off the stick for me and 79 for Jim on a course he has never played before.

So as Hatch would say I won the special olympics but Jim was the better golfer!

You got the Gold and Jim got Silver, nice work [emoji13]

backintheswing
28th April 2016, 08:10 PM
Coral Cove today

Jazzdog 37
Bits 37
Benno_r 32
Matt3jab 29

jimandr
28th April 2016, 08:12 PM
Many thanks to Highballin for the invitation and for the game. I thoroughly enjoyed the game and I loved the course. Apart from a brief shower the weather was perfect for golf.

I didn't really hit the ball well but my short game was very good , except for a 70 footer that I got to 3 feet and then missed the short one.

HB is my favorite for the title. He hit the ball well and didn't miss any easy putts.

3Puttpete
28th April 2016, 08:12 PM
Coral Cove today

Jazzdog 37
Bits 37
Benno_r 32
Matt3jab 29

Par 6?

backintheswing
28th April 2016, 08:14 PM
Par 6 we played 4 under off the stick.

Jazzdog hit 3w, 3w, Pw and rolled the putt for eagle.

Benno and I had birdies, m3jab had a regulation par.