PDA

View Full Version : PGA Branded Clubs

BMont
10th April 2016, 03:09 PM
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows of PGA branded Golf Clubs?

I have been recommended them, apparently they are made in Melbourne just dont know much about them, any info would help.

Daves
10th April 2016, 04:32 PM

I have been recommended them, apparently they are made in Melbourne just dont know much about them, any info would help.

Hi BMont. You have me slightly confused?

I have never heard of PGA Branded Clubs. The Australian PGA (Professional Golfers Association) is based in Victoria, but they don't sell their own branded clubs.

PGF (Precision Forge Golf) was an Australian company that made golf clubs in Australia for many years. But they only exist as a brand name these days and are made in China.

BMont
10th April 2016, 04:43 PM
Hi Dave, nope they are PGA Branded, I went in for a fitting on the Gold Coast and that was the recommendation, apparently only available to PGA Coaches only. Just trying to find out more info on them.

Hi BMont. You have me slightly confused?

I have never heard of PGA Branded Clubs. The Australian PGA (Professional Golfers Association) is based in Victoria, but they don't sell their own branded clubs.

PGF (Precision Forge Golf) was an Australian company that made golf clubs in Australia for many years. But they only exist as a brand name these days and are made in China.

Charger
10th April 2016, 05:59 PM
Never heard of them. Off topic but i want to buy a set of PGF Status for some retro golf. The old ones with the gold circle thingy at back.

davidw88
10th April 2016, 06:06 PM
There probably a rebranded set of something, doubt they would be made in Australia.

Frank
10th April 2016, 07:39 PM
My first "good" set of clubs were PGF PGA irons back in the early 90's.
They are the only ones I can recall though.

Dotty
10th April 2016, 07:44 PM
We've got them at our club in the rental sets.

Look very similar to the 'next gen' Tommy Armour and Ram stuff that GCO sell as a $300 12 piece starter set.

RobNewy
10th April 2016, 08:07 PM
I have seen them last year at Easterns pro shop.

But i know absolutely nothing about them

BMont
10th April 2016, 08:22 PM
Does anyone know of a website or something with some more info? I cant seem to find anything.

Timbo
10th April 2016, 08:24 PM
Never heard of them. Off topic but i want to buy a set of PGF Status for some retro golf. The old ones with the gold circle thingy at back.

Maybe another member on here could pick these up for you (not sure if they have the gold circle thingy):

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Golf-Clubs-/162033497894?hash=item25b9f2f726:g:5tkAAOSw9uFW-d-v

BMont
10th April 2016, 08:28 PM
Here, I found them.

This is them, Australian made, does anyone know about these guys? Apparently for PGA Members to sell.

http://www.golfsciencecentre.com.au/contact-us/club-fitting/pga-branded-equipment
http://www.golfsciencecentre.com.au/about-us/equipment
http://www.golfsciencecentre.com.au/about-us/equipment/manufacturing

BMont
10th April 2016, 09:02 PM
Does anyone know of a website or something with some more info? I cant seem to find anything.Tried posting but it's not coming up let me try again.Found them https://m.facebook.com/pgacustomgolf/ Or http://www.golfsciencecentre.com.au/contact-us/club-fitting/pga-branded-equipment Anyone heard of/know them? Feedback?

razaar
10th April 2016, 09:35 PM
Hi Dave, nope they are PGA Branded, I went in for a fitting on the Gold Coast and that was the recommendation, apparently only available to PGA Coaches only. Just trying to find out more info on them.Good for you, the golf industry is littered with ignorance and misinformation. This forum is proof of players falling for bs marketing.

BMont
10th April 2016, 09:43 PM
Good for you, the golf industry is littered with ignorance and misinformation. This forum is proof of players falling for bs marketing. If you google GolfScienceCentre or PGA Custom Golf Equipment on Facebook they come up.Seem to be ok,Does anyone know about this brand now I have found them.

Dotty
10th April 2016, 10:06 PM
Any pictures?

Sounds like generic Chinese heads, that the club assembler in Melbourne attaches their own badge, when adding the requested shaft and grip. (I suspect they look similar to Tommy Armour, Ram and a number of Brosnan clubs.)

Our club has them as rental sets. Half have the PGA badge and half have our club branding, since custom badges can be bought in bulk relatively cheaply.

BMont
10th April 2016, 10:10 PM
Any pictures? Sounds like generic Chinese heads, that the club assembler in Melbourne attaches their own badge, when adding the requested shaft and grip. (I suspect they look similar to Tommy Armour, Ram and a number of Brosnan clubs.)Our club has them as rental sets. Half have the PGA badge and half have our club branding, since custom badges can be bought in bulk relatively cheaply. Pics are on Facebook, they are licensed PGA product.Every time I add a link it goes to review, look at PGA Custom Golf Equipment on Facebook pics are there.Something to do with He ry Griffitts clubs??

golfbound
10th April 2016, 10:11 PM
Can I ask where on the Gold Coast you were fitted for these?

BMont
10th April 2016, 10:13 PM
Can I ask where on the Gold Coast you were fitted for these? Emerald Lakes

golfbound
10th April 2016, 10:17 PM
oh ok at The Golf School im guessing. What other clubs did they try you with.

3Puttpete
10th April 2016, 10:43 PM

3Puttpete
10th April 2016, 10:50 PM
Hi Dave, nope they are PGA Branded, I went in for a fitting on the Gold Coast and that was the recommendation, apparently only available to PGA Coaches only. Just trying to find out more info on them.

Email the PGA of Australia and ask them

BMont
11th April 2016, 06:29 AM
[QUOTE=3puttpete;1290804]40806[/QUOTE
That's them

benno_r
11th April 2016, 06:48 AM
[QUOTE=3puttpete;1290804]40806[/QUOTE
That's them

Sure they are perfectly serviceable clubs. But I would hope they are significantly cheaper than everything else, because they won't be worth much at selling time.

BMont
11th April 2016, 07:34 AM
Prices are on their website, $89 for irons $249 Driver, $189 Fairway Wood & $169 Hybrid

mrbluu
11th April 2016, 08:01 AM
Prices are on their website, $89 for irons $249 Driver, $189 Fairway Wood & $169 Hybrid
They will be with $5 if u ever go to resell them.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

benno_r
11th April 2016, 08:12 AM

They are on the cheap side for new clubs.

You could definitely get 2nd hand brand names cheaper, if you know the specs you need.

goughy
11th April 2016, 08:24 AM
You'd get a full set of good 2nd hand clubs on here for the price of the driver.

BMont
11th April 2016, 08:46 AM
I do plan on holding onto them for a while, just wanted to know if anyone has experience around their quality or anything.

Dotty
11th April 2016, 08:54 AM
I do plan on holding onto them for a while, just wanted to know if anyone has experience around their quality or anything.
They're the Toyota Camry of golf clubs. They'll do the job and they'll last.

But there are better performing and more enjoyable alternatives available.

mrbluu
11th April 2016, 09:01 AM
I do plan on holding onto them for a while

We don't know what this means...

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Johnny Canuck
11th April 2016, 12:31 PM

You are looking at over $1200 for a set of no name clubs that a forum full of golf enthusiasts has heard nothing about.

You could do much better with brand name, superseded stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goughy
11th April 2016, 12:33 PM

pauly
11th April 2016, 02:09 PM
the HG guys sell them, bet they want to give you 2.5" over length irons with 6 degrees upright too

Lagerlover
11th April 2016, 03:58 PM

I'm keen.

How much are the drivers?

BMont
11th April 2016, 04:19 PM
I rang and spoke to the guys there.

He actually said his drivers were not that good. He did say the irons heads are made in the same factory as Callaway and Titelist. He said quality wise they will stand up against anything on the market excluding high end clubs like expensive Ping's. He was also raving about their fairway woods and hybrids same as irons.

Obviously that's his job but he did seem quite honest the way he was talking about their drivers.

Lagerlover
11th April 2016, 04:24 PM
I'm not the smartest one around here at the moment due to my ignorance of One Direction trivia, but you probably need to stick with more tried and tested brands like Brosnan and SHARK.

3Puttpete
11th April 2016, 04:25 PM

Was this a fitting or just a recommendation? If it was a fitting, do you get a copy of the report/your specs?

BMont
11th April 2016, 04:27 PM
Fitting was with

3Puttpete
11th April 2016, 04:36 PM
And the copy of your specs?

golfbound
11th April 2016, 04:38 PM
What clubs did there fitting stock consist of? What other brands did you try.

BMont
11th April 2016, 04:38 PM
Didnt get one, I am new to all this.

We did hit Mizuno's while there and to be honest I preferred/hit better with the PGA's.

3Puttpete
11th April 2016, 04:52 PM
Fair enough.

I reckon it's like a Callaway rep recommending Callaway clubs. He's a member of the organisation that brand and sell the clubs he's recommended. Does he have a greater financial interest in you buying them or is he so confident in them he's prepared to put his reputation on the line?

As JC said above, you can get big name model or two old superseded clubs for less money but ultimately if you're happy with the service and the product that's all that matters.