PDA

View Full Version : How to spot fake Prov1

golfballsfake
9th April 2016, 02:16 PM
Hey everyone, new poster here. I bought some mint grade recycled Prov1 from a garage sale this morning for about 33c each (which should ring an alarm bell), and its only after I got home did i realise it was suspicious. I don't play golf so I'm not familiar with balls that well. Compared to a real prov1 the potential fake balls weigh about the same, bounce about the same height when dropped, to me they appear to have the same dimple pattern, but when cut open with a hacksaw, the real prov1 had blue coloured dust come out, where as the potential fake prov1 had purple coloured dust come out. Based on the dust colour difference I am assuming it is fake. Any input appreciated.

davidw88
9th April 2016, 02:45 PM
Maybe they are different year models. The finish and writing usually look different on the fake ones.

Hatchman
9th April 2016, 03:06 PM
Didn't know there were fake ones out there in the market?

Captain Nemo
9th April 2016, 03:12 PM
Shit yeh...
These could be refinished ones?

Dotty
9th April 2016, 03:33 PM
A word of advice ...

Stay clear of the bargains at Thai nightclubs also.

davidw88
9th April 2016, 03:36 PM

Ive seen them on ebay. Box looks the same but is wrong for the year model of the golf ball and prov1x the number was shiny like a dt solo not a dull red.

goughy
9th April 2016, 03:57 PM
.... and just around the side of the ball from where it says Titliest in texta, it says U-Tri Tour....

wizard_of_oz
9th April 2016, 05:39 PM
A word of advice ...Stay clear of the bargains at Thai nightclubs also.For a limited time, all specials include a surprise bonus.

Dotty
9th April 2016, 05:43 PM
For a limited time, all specials include a surprise bonus.
I bet they won't like his hacksaw test.

TheNuclearOne
9th April 2016, 05:47 PM
Will there be a happy ending?

Hatchman
9th April 2016, 06:17 PM
A word of advice ...

Stay clear of the bargains at Thai nightclubs also.

What happens on tour stays on tour ��

benno_r
9th April 2016, 06:45 PM

I saw a pallet of "ProV1's" at a shopping center in Shenzen China. Right next to the $15 speeders, $60 R1's and $100 712cb heads.

backintheswing
9th April 2016, 06:52 PM
My pro shop sells fake Mack daddy's so anything is possible

benno_r
9th April 2016, 07:10 PM
My pro shop sells fake Mack daddy's so anything is possible

Hahaha yeah, so I hear.