PDA

View Full Version : Senecio vs BrisWesty

BrisWesty
12th May 2006, 07:31 PM
Smackdown at the Nudgee Plate. 18 June 2006.
Anyone want to watch?

terryand
12th May 2006, 07:34 PM
Smackdown at the Nudgee Plate. 18 June 2006.
Anyone want to watch?

NO :smt009

The scares are still deep :(

Terry.

Jarro
12th May 2006, 07:34 PM
yeah, i'll watch

senecio
17th May 2006, 12:32 PM
Yeah, I'll watch.

Oh, I get it now. I'm required to participate.

Still can't believe that I agreed to take you on at the same venue that you demoralised Tezza.

See you there
Ryan

BrisWesty
7th June 2006, 12:26 PM
Ryan,
Are you bringing your A-game or Z-game? Actually just checked your Golflink and it looks like you only go down to a C-game at worst. A couple of played to 3 hcp on there. Nice work!
See you on the 18th.
Mark

senecio
10th June 2006, 02:08 PM
Ryan,
Are you bringing your A-game or Z-game?

Nope, no A-Game. Don't think I'll need it. :smt110

See you next weekend.

Ryan

Jarro
10th June 2006, 02:10 PM
Ryan,

.. if BrisWesty brings the same game he used against Tezza, you'd better bring your A+ game :shock:

senecio
10th June 2006, 02:17 PM
If Briswesty brings the same game as he use to defeat Tezza, then my A+ game won't be good enough.

Ryan

BrisWesty
18th June 2006, 02:50 PM
Well, those who were expecting a repeat of Tezza v BrisWesty prepare to be disappointed. (I know I was!)
10th Mark 1 up with a bogey to Ryan's double bogey.
11th Ryan squared up with an excellent up & down par. Mark washed his ball and triple bogeyed.
12th Halved the hole after Mark went bush but got up and down for bogey, and Ryan avoided the water by hitting a rock and bouncing at right angles onto the fairway, and then parred it. All square
13th Mark 1 up with a par to Ryan's bogey
14th A pair of bogeys, but Mark gets a shot. 2 up.
15th Mark gets up and down for par, Ryan 3 putted for bogey, 3 up.
16th A pair of pars, but Mark gets a shot. 4 up. This matchplay stuff is easy!
17th Ryan hits a great drive and good iron in to the green for a safe par. Mark bogeys out of the right bunker. 3 up.
18th A pair of bogeys. 3 up at the turn.
1st Ryan goes further left than the Democrats off the tee, but scrambles a bogey. Mark can't get up and down out of the bunker. Hole halved. Missed opportunity for Mark. 3 up
2nd Ryan missed a good chance to pick up a hole, but just missed the putt for par. Pair of bogeys. 3 up
3rd Ryan gets a solid 2 putt par to win the hole. Mark decided to hit out of the dry creek bed but couldn't apply pressure (double bogey). 2 up
4th Ryan mashes a big drive, but chips short. Mark tries to see how many trees he can hit. Ryan gets up and down for par. Mark double bogeys to waste a hole he gets a shot on. 1 up Game on!
5th Ryan short and left of the green for 2. Mark plugged in the right bunker for 3. Good par for Ryan, another double for Mark. All square. (Don't think I like this matchplay stuff anymore!)
6th Ryan just right of the green for 2. Mark on the 17th green for 2. Oops! Both chipped on and 2 putted for bogey, Ryan missed his chance to halve. Mark 1 up.
7th Both in trouble off the tee. Mark right, Ryan left. Both short of green for 3, chipped up and 2 putts for half. 2 holes to go, Mark 1 up.
8th Mark slices off into trouble, Ryan down the middle. Mark hits recovery into tree, hits fat wedge and fat chip (while dodging errant drive from Peter_rs) to 6m for 4. Ryan just off green for 2, and chips on to about 3m. Mark drains the putt, Ryan 2 putts for bogeys apiece. Game over 2/1

Ryan was looking great off the tee, but really didn't do himself justice with the putter. Mark was pretty ordinary off the tee, but did well getting up and down from the fringe and putted steadily. Towards the end, it was getting pretty ugly, both of us didn't help our causes and neither of us played the way we could have.

Thanks for the game Ryan. It was a pleasure playing with you.

AndyP
18th June 2006, 04:19 PM
Nice report, Mark.

Well done on the win.

Jarro
18th June 2006, 06:05 PM
Congrats Mark :)

commiserations Ryan :(

senecio
19th June 2006, 03:18 AM
Congratulations Mark,

As you said it wasn't pretty, but it was still fun.

Great report, although I think you were being a little kind to my putting! It was nothing short of embarrasing. 38 putts in the end, including 3 misses from less than 4 feet.

If any is looking for me, I'll be on the practise green.

Good luck in the next round, Your'e match with AndyP should be a cracker.

Ryan