PDA

View Full Version : Wet Weather jackets....recommendations

Slothman
4th April 2016, 11:46 AM
Right, so after my stellar couple of weeks I have $250 built up at the local pro shop and over $350 in drummond golf vouchers.

With the Wet Weather season fast approaching and Albany looking like it might get real wet for the first time in several years, figured I can get something decent.

I don't use anything at the moment as everything I have tried is very tight around the shoulders, and that just annoys the bejeazus out of me.

Anyone have anything they can recommend for a "rather large ugly bastad" with good shoulder movement. Not too worried about the pants at this point as local pro shop doing Mizunos for $99...reckon I might jump on that...or just take a tea spoon of cement and wear shorts.

Captain Nemo
4th April 2016, 12:03 PM
Sunice gore-tex
Check eBay and Ozsale
I've got 3, in fact got one on now for work it's been raining all morning I'm dry as toast.
If I could I'd track down some cheap pants as well....

LarryLong
4th April 2016, 12:37 PM
I'll second that. Don't bother with golfy brand names, just get something with gore-tex or a similar waterproof/breathable membrane type fabric (eVent, NeoShell, H2No are a couple that are talked about).

TourFit
4th April 2016, 01:41 PM
Sloth...don't go past Stay-Dri.

Lightweight, packs up really small and fully breathable. Full waterproof and you don't get encumbered by any multi layered materials.

Just wear some normal warm clothes underneath.

http://www.staydri-rainwear.com/detail.php/product/pack-away-anorak-with-hood/page/stay-dri-golf-rainwear/#.VwH9mLtuk_x

pt73
5th April 2016, 09:33 AM
Sunice gore-tex
Check eBay and Ozsale
I've got 3, in fact got one on now for work it's been raining all morning I'm dry as toast.
If I could I'd track down some cheap pants as well....
I'll second that, don't bother with cheap stuff.

Hux
5th April 2016, 12:25 PM
I bought a sporte leisure extreme. They are @250 rrp. Very good for the less svelte amongst us.

3oneday
5th April 2016, 01:56 PM
Buy an umbrella, if you need any more than that, retire to the clubhouse for beers.

Icestorm959
6th April 2016, 06:27 PM
Mountain Design Goretex.

If you play golf anywhere near the coast Umbrellas are useless.

3oneday
6th April 2016, 06:39 PM
Bugger that, drinking beer would be more fun.

Courty
6th April 2016, 09:39 PM
Jump on one of these (http://shop.vendio.com/harder/category/281/) and then use your credit on one of the many new pairs of premium shoes just being released.

Slothman
14th April 2016, 03:30 PM
Jump on one of these (http://shop.vendio.com/harder/category/281/) and then use your credit on one of the many new pairs of premium shoes just being released.

DAMN.... nice. Thanks.

Thanks for the info guys. Going to see what I can score.

8081travis
14th April 2016, 04:47 PM
Galvin Green could get online UK brand, immense, not cheap

TourFit
14th April 2016, 05:21 PM

Thanks for the link Courty!!!

Just bought one of these and a nice Adidas polo as well. :shock:

Hatchman
14th April 2016, 11:47 PM
My 20yr old Cleeks are still going strong and dry.
They still around?

Windy
17th April 2016, 02:14 PM
Right, so after my stellar couple of weeks I have $250 built up at the local pro shop and over $350 in drummond golf vouchers.With the Wet Weather season fast approaching and Albany looking like it might get real wet for the first time in several years, figured I can get something decent.I don't use anything at the moment as everything I have tried is very tight around the shoulders, and that just annoys the bejeazus out of me.Anyone have anything they can recommend for a "rather large ugly bastad" with good shoulder movement. Not too worried about the pants at this point as local pro shop doing Mizunos for $99...reckon I might jump on that...or just take a tea spoon of cement and wear shorts.Galvin Green for me, they're custom for golf and have loads of adjustable straps to suit how you swing it. 👍🏼