PDA

View Full Version : Quick Foxtel box unit question

BayBum
2nd April 2016, 07:00 PM
Can I use a Foxtel IQ box to view standard Foxtel ?

Captain Nemo
2nd April 2016, 07:14 PM
Not sure why you'd want to, or what your really asking??

mrbluu
2nd April 2016, 07:28 PM
Can I use a Foxtel IQ box to view standard Foxtel ?
I'm not sure what u are asking as well.....

BayBum
2nd April 2016, 07:30 PM
The house I'm in was poorly designed/wired and we can't have IQ in the living room, so we went back to standard Foxtel.

The standard box unit just died & I found an IQ box on Gumtree for $40, was wondering if I would run into any compatability issues etc :)

Can't go through Masters week with no Foxtel !

mrbluu
2nd April 2016, 07:31 PM
The house I'm in was poorly designed/wired and we can't have IQ in the living room, so we went back to standard Foxtel.

The standard box unit just died & I found an IQ box on Gumtree for $40, was wondering if I would run into any compatability issues etc :)

Can't go through Masters week with no Foxtel !
I thought the box would have to be compatible and registered with the card at the front.

U can always log on to Foxtel go.

BenM
2nd April 2016, 07:33 PM
What do you mean 'standard Foxtel' though?

Make sure the box is the same technology you currently have (cable/satellite) and you should be fine, I think? If satellite you would need the smart card from your old box. Not sure what cable uses to identify subscribers.

Failing that you could stream the Masters on Foxtel Go, not sure if the dedicated channel is available there though.

BayBum
2nd April 2016, 07:43 PM
Sorry, poor choice of words. By standard I mean just the regular old Foxtel box, the old school gray - no HDMI box. No live pause,record etc.

BenM
2nd April 2016, 08:50 PM
Ahh ok. Makes sense.

I'm no guru - if you're on satellite and the replacement box is satellite it would almost certainly work. Not sure about cable.

Surely Foxtel should be able to get a new box out to you fairly quickly?

BayBum
2nd April 2016, 10:26 PM
Foxtel seem to think that any failure of hardware is caused by the user and we,as users, have to pay $300 for a replacement box as the equipment is the property of Foxtel lol. Such a joke.

You would think that forking out $100+ per month over the last 10 years would count for something but I'm surprised at all...