dc68
12th May 2006, 11:31 AM
Scotty leading Byron nelson
Karrie leading MIchelob Ultra
Wayne Perske T3 Japanese PGA

looks like another good weekend around the globe for Oz

Jarro
12th May 2006, 05:05 PM
what an awesome year for Aussies on the big tour 8)

Surely we have to be close to an Aussie victory in one of the majors.

Who will it be ???

Moe Norman
12th May 2006, 05:59 PM
Badds in the british - you heard it here first.

raidrboy
12th May 2006, 07:51 PM

Don't care which Major or which player as long as it is one of the Aussies. It would be a great shot in the arm for Aussie golf. Maybe one of our lesser lights might do a Todd Hamilton and, bob up out of the pack!

Iain
13th May 2006, 04:56 AM

I'd agree with Moe, Badd's is most likely of the Aussies to win a major. Purely because he is the best putter of the Aussies, week in week out.

Golfgirl
15th May 2006, 12:22 PM
what an awesome year for Aussies on the big tour 8)

Surely we have to be close to an Aussie victory in one of the majors.

Who will it be ???

Yes, we are doing incredibly well overseas, which makes the current decline of golf in Australia all that more painful IMO.

Can't blame them though - that's where the money is......

Grunt
15th May 2006, 04:34 PM
If the idea of Normans all those years ago was implemented we would not have been in this state though, would we. How many tours will suffer our own fate before the yanks realise that they are killing off world golf.
One thing I did notice on the weekend was the commentators talking about all the young blood on tour, I think it was Faherty piped in to say "but not many Americans" The commentators were silent.

BrisWesty
15th May 2006, 06:11 PM
Grunt, what was Greg Norman's idea?

Grunt
15th May 2006, 06:19 PM
World Tour was his wasn't it. Guess it may have not been his idea but he openly supported it. Was one of the things that Finchem first took Norman over the coals for.
I think the plan was to have an event in every continent of the world counting towards a world tour.Some of the events mentioned were

British Open
US Open
Masters
US Open
Australian Open
Another European Event
South African Event
Asian Event I think the PGA Tour did not like the fact that they would have had to share the limelight more with the rest of the world.

goughy
15th May 2006, 09:19 PM
I think that's basically right. And norman was slammed for it.

Then they started the wgc events which was basically the same concept. Except of course now 3 of the 4 wgc events are staged in the USA, which defeats the purpose of having wgc events.

Moe Norman
15th May 2006, 09:44 PM
he suggested a World Tour, but I don't believe it included the 4 majors.

he was widely applauded for it by all except PGA Tour Hierarchy.

why do you think he doesn't get many invites to big events in the US despite his standing in golf?

Golfgirl
16th May 2006, 12:58 PM
How many tours will suffer our own fate before the yanks realise that they are killing off world golf.

Yeah - it's pretty sad. Our tour has been decimated to the point where even the top dogs are saying that we can "only sustain three or four really good events in Australia". There have been countless meetings amongst the powers that be about the state that golf is in - and I haven't seen any real solutions offered up yet.

It is a crying shame that the World Tour as suggested by Greg has been hijacked from its original purpose of spreading the game around and having the great players travel.

ben
16th May 2006, 01:15 PM
I got an email from Amy Yangs manager the other day, she is the 16 yr old who won the 2006 Ladies Masters, she is off to play in the Ladies British open. If she keeps playing the way she has been over the last few months she has got to be a chance.

goughy
21st May 2006, 07:25 AM
5 in contention in the pgatour going into the final round. All top 13 and all within 4 shots of the lead.

raidrboy
21st May 2006, 12:25 PM
he was widely applauded for it by all except PGA Tour Hierarchy.

Spot on Moe, Tim Finchem didn't think up the idea so the s***W** canned it as not feasible. The only other idea Finchem could think of was the WGC and, that has been a disaster as far as getting top players to travel.

Jarro
22nd May 2006, 08:04 AM
poor old Pamps just couldn't quite get the job done this morning .... making an untimely double-bogey on the relatively easy par 4 15th :(

still, another good result for an Aussie on tour ... 2006 = The year of the Aussies 8)

Trung
22nd May 2006, 04:01 PM
the top 5 aussies all shot EVEN par 70 for the day..:???:

goughy
22nd May 2006, 05:35 PM
Pamps unfortunately leaves his worst rounds to the last round. He needs a lead going into the final.

But he's still better at it than me!

dc68
9th June 2006, 10:12 AM
Scotty 1st round leader. Go Adam.:mrgreen:

gazgolf1
12th June 2006, 06:20 AM
Scotty 1st round leader. Go Adam.:mrgreen:

and choking again in the 4th round.:roll:

Jarro
12th June 2006, 07:09 AM
terrible 3 putt from 4 feet on the 14th green from Adam, he just doesn't look comfortable on the greens at all.

saying that though, he drained a nice eagle putt on 18 to finish in outright second .... behind VJ.

Trung
12th June 2006, 07:38 AM
lpga my man.... Webb is on top (for now).... hopefully she will do well in the playoff...

Pinglauncher
12th June 2006, 08:27 AM
lpga my man.... Webb is on top (for now).... hopefully she will do well in the playoff...

Se Ri won the playoff. This year has been a great comeback for Karrie though.

Trung
12th June 2006, 09:10 AM
Se Ri Pak second shot on the playoff off hole almost went in. Too good of a shot consider the amount of pressure after a 3 putted bogey on the last in regulation play.

McMw
12th June 2006, 11:55 AM
great to see SeRi back in the winner's circle... :D

can't wait for the replay of the Barclay's tonight...tho it might be hard to choose btw the golf or the soccer match tonight...

goughy
12th June 2006, 01:28 PM
Check out scotts card for today. Talk about a rollercoaster ride,

bogey, par, birdie, bogey, eagle, par, bogey, par, birdie, par, birdie, par, bogey, bogey, par, double, birdie, eagle.

Great to see Karrie keeping up with it. The youngsters won't know what's hitting them atm.

goughy
12th June 2006, 03:32 PM
And scott's sitting 7th on the pga tour money list without any wins and only playing 10 events. He is showing some consistancy - just needs to finish a few off. 2 x 2nd, 2 x 3rd and a 4th. He's only 400k behind what he'd made from his first 10 tournaments in 2004? which included wins in the players champ and the booz allen.

I think he's looking good. Tidy up one more round per tournament and he'd win a few. He just can't afford 2 patchy rounds per tournament.

But he's looking good. Hope he does well this week.

Grunt
30th March 2009, 12:35 PM
May as well drag up an old thread once in a while

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/03/30/2529653.htm

3oneday
30th March 2009, 12:36 PM
Good on her, has it been three years ! wow.

Greeny
30th March 2009, 01:59 PM
and Goggin sneaks into the Masters!

LarryLong
30th March 2009, 02:26 PM
So what you're saying is that Karrie Webb is hot. Again.

sms316
30th March 2009, 03:32 PM
Karrie Webb is hot.
Damn right!