PDA

View Full Version : What glove do you guys wear?

dowdsy
24th March 2016, 09:58 PM
I currently use a mizuno tech flex glove and its pretty good for all conditions but stretches very easily just after a 3 or 4 rounds. I bought a Bridgestone premium leather glove and it was great for around 6 rounds and then it ripped between my fingers, when things get a little sweaty its a bit tough to get off and that may have contributed to it ripping but you don't want that to happen to a 25 buck glove. What do you guys wear and recommend?

benno_r
24th March 2016, 10:06 PM
I recently got some Bionics, $65 for 3 off ebay.

So far 5 rounds in at Darwin (very hot and sweaty), lasting well, and the odd shaping in the fingers really feels great in the grip.

Shreko
24th March 2016, 10:58 PM
None!!!

AlexMc
24th March 2016, 11:52 PM
Footjoy Stasof. Excellent glove but gets hammered by sweat...

Public Access Golf
24th March 2016, 11:55 PM
I've got a footjoy!

goughy
25th March 2016, 12:05 AM
Nude.

Jazz18
25th March 2016, 12:24 AM
Footjoy weathersof. Good grip, lasts a while and not too expensive. Tried others but I've not found anything better for me.

dM.
25th March 2016, 12:32 AM
Mizuno Tecflex - You sure you are getting the correct sizing? Mine are very tight when brand new and loosen up a touch after the first few holes but then stay snug till I change.

JADO75
25th March 2016, 12:58 AM
Nonski

Hatchman
25th March 2016, 07:38 AM
Bare back here.

Daves
25th March 2016, 07:58 AM
I use Footjoy Rain Grips and Srixon All Weather.

The Rain Grips are hard to find here at a reasonable price. I buy them in bulk from the US when I can find a good deal. The advantage is they come as a pair from the US, whereas they sell only as singles here.

The Srixons are are bargain at $9/10 each, or a little cheaper if you buy them in bulk. The are also sold under the Cleveland brand.

I play 3 or 4 days a week and get months out of my gloves. I use 2 gloves at a time in rotation. With the humidity here they get damp quickly, so I alternate gloves each hole to let them dry out between uses.

KristianJ
25th March 2016, 08:07 AM
I've got a few All Weathers...$9 each from my local and they do the job just as well as the leather ones I've tried over the years.

highballin
25th March 2016, 08:08 AM
Mizuno Tecflex - You sure you are getting the correct sizing? Mine are very tight when brand new and loosen up a touch after the first few holes but then stay snug till I change.

I find the same thing with mine. Really like these gloves

oldracer
25th March 2016, 09:50 AM
Footjoy Sciflex??? sensational feel, doesn't get hard and stiff :shock:

dowdsy
25th March 2016, 10:36 AM
I use the medium and that's pretty tight at the beginning and then loosens but I find it starts to loosen too much after 6 rounds or so, maybe I should try a bigger size.

Johnny Canuck
25th March 2016, 11:47 AM
Prefer none, but when I do, the cally dawn patrol is a fantastic fitting glove.

Most others don't fit my hand correctly, either a thumb or baby finger is too big. These are perfect.

Johnno
25th March 2016, 12:54 PM
I find the powerbilt wet tec glove to be pretty good. Also used a Puma before this (can't remember model) which was ok too. None of the footjoys or Callaways seemed to fit my hand right

PaulTudorJones
25th March 2016, 02:55 PM
Callaway - 3 for $25 at costco. Very decent gloves that will last you a long time.

Courty
25th March 2016, 02:58 PM
In the cooler months I'll wear any of the premium Cabretta leather gloves. I prefer the Callaways but will take anything else. For the remainder of the year (either very humid or wet), I won't use anything but the Footjoy Raingrips.

I did try a Hirzl wet weather glove a while back. It was as good as the FJ, but cost more (not available in Aus).

G.K
25th March 2016, 03:06 PM
I've been using the Footjoy Weathersof for a while. The best thing about them for me is the fit for my hands. Have tried various other gloves and there is always a certain finger or thumb that's the wrong length. Seem to last reasonably well if you look after them. I try to take it off between shots where possible, particularly on hot days where sweat is a factor. I usually grab a few when they're on special for under $20.

Deester
25th March 2016, 03:48 PM
Vision Golf Glove here.

The only non leather glove I have used that doesn't split or wear in a couple of months. For some reason I chew through gloves.

Washable to, my last one lasted close to 12 months and is still usable.

Bit pricey, but the longevity is a big bonus for me. Good grip too.

Aussie brand too and Wayne's a top bloke.

Wools
25th March 2016, 05:22 PM
Where do you buy the Vision gloves from Deester?

Deester
25th March 2016, 05:25 PM
Where do you buy the Vision gloves from Deester?

G'day Wools,

Here mate ...

http://www.golfingrepublic.com/golf-shop/men-gloves/vision-xgrip-golf-glove-men-l-2/

Not too pricey after all ... It was the shipping that bumps the price up.

Wools
26th March 2016, 11:34 AM
Thanks Deester, may give them a try. Do they fit similar to a Footjoy size?

KristianJ
26th March 2016, 11:51 AM
The Visions are very good...I grabbed a couple from my pro shop early last year for something like 2 for $15. I have a black one in my bag at the moment in my rotation and it is certainly very durable.

Fit is pretty similar to FJ IMO.

Johnny Canuck
26th March 2016, 12:04 PM
I have great memories of IDGolfGuy using a Vision glove and having his driver slip out of his hand twice, going 40ft up a tree and then almost over a fence.

I used one and never had such issues.

topspark
26th March 2016, 12:11 PM
kakadu - which is kangaroo hide.
specifically because they are the best for summer when I perspire like a pig, and wet conditions.
The grip is unbelievable, and I have tried a few.