PDA

View Full Version : 816 DBD vibes?

FuzzyJuzzy
18th March 2016, 01:42 PM
Folks,

Has anyone got any feedback on the 816 DBD driver? I like the look of it, but not much into Callaway myself. Is it too low launching? Thanks in advance, FJ.

Johnno
18th March 2016, 04:25 PM
Folks, Has anyone got any feedback on the 816 DBD driver? I like the look of it, but not much into Callaway myself. Is it too low launching? Thanks in advance, FJ. I thought you loved your m1?

FuzzyJuzzy
18th March 2016, 04:45 PM
I thought you loved your m1?

Sure do. The M1 is staying; G30 LS is packing its bags.

live4golf
18th March 2016, 04:46 PM
Best driver ever made... :)

FuzzyJuzzy
18th March 2016, 04:46 PM
Best driver ever made... :)

Cheeky bugger this guy is...:).

RobNewy
18th March 2016, 06:05 PM
I trialed it at my pureform fitting.

I really liked it, just not quite the right numbers.

For me it was the same launch as the 816 GBB which i ended up with

wazamac
19th March 2016, 01:46 PM
Got one but as you say it is low launch, low spin. I haven't got the swing speed as it deserves so it doesn't out perform my Cally mini. Probably sell when I get back from OS.
Tried high launch shafts but still couldn't get the height.

oz
19th March 2016, 11:33 PM
Love mine. My ss is right around 100, and I love the launch and spin profile. Feels like a driver should.

Daves
23rd March 2016, 08:01 PM
I tried mine for the first time in comp today and found it fairly hard work. One of the harder drivers to hit well I found. When you hit it well, it went well. Definitely low spin and launch. I also have found that moving the Gravity core to the spot closest to where your normal miss is also seems to help a bit. I have the prior models (original Alphas and an 815) and thought they weren't as much hard work to hit well. I have tinkered with the set up and shaft combo. The PL Blue has been the best match so far, but the club still isn't quite right I feel. I found the Big Bertha and the XR Pro much easier to live with.

FuzzyJuzzy
24th March 2016, 07:36 AM
Thanks for the feedback lads. I've gone a different ground - already got the low-spin bombed option sorted with my M1; was looking for a reliable second option, so have gone back to a 915D2. The 816DBD looks sexy as shit, but think it'd do more harm then good for a bloke of my iffy skills:). I wonder how many of the Callaway staffers are using it. A lot of them seem to favour other Cally drivers from what I've seen.