PDA

View Full Version : Battle of the Bridges

BrisVegas
28th July 2004, 08:39 AM
Battle of the Bridges is coming up again next Tuesday (3/8/2004) at 10am live on Foxtel. It's replayed again that night at 8:30pm.

Tiger Woods, John Daly, Phil Mickleson and Hank Kuehne are the starters.

I watched this last year and it was an interesting insight into some of the personalities... The thing that gets me is why isn't Hend there? He is leading the tour in driving distance at the moment, right? :evil:

jaster
28th July 2004, 10:26 AM
You mean "SCOTT HEND" vegas but your right, typical Yanks looking for the next big thing instead of the current BIG THING!! :wink:

BrisVegas
28th July 2004, 10:45 AM
oops! :oops: :oops: yes - you're right of course. I meant to say Hend.... The dude from Nudgee. That's him in your avatar too, right Jaster?

Damn yankees... :evil:

markTHEblake
28th July 2004, 10:48 AM
Forget Scott Hend he is nothing, i want to know why they havent invited Golfer69 - surely they have heard of the Whale by now?

Jarro
28th July 2004, 05:10 PM
Hope Tiger likes hitting first approach shots on pretty much every hole :wink:

nick
28th July 2004, 05:14 PM
Forget Scott Hend he is nothing, i want to know why they havent invited Golfer69 - surely they have heard of the Whale by now?

The R510 now mate,

Nick

jaster
28th July 2004, 05:36 PM
The dude in my avatar is Hensby :)

Onewood
28th July 2004, 05:39 PM
Can't believe the whale, got caught in the nett and died :roll:

Just a quick announcement regarding our newest HO

HO Golfer69 HO

Took us awhile to crack him :D

jaster
28th July 2004, 05:41 PM
G69 and crack do not go well together mate :P

BrisVegas
28th July 2004, 05:51 PM
The dude in my avatar is Hensby :)

:smt101 I'm so confused. Just ignore me, I meant the Aussie guy who is top of the driving distance stat.... whoever the hell that is. :smt102

jaster
28th July 2004, 06:04 PM
Scott Hend who is leading the Driving distance stats from Nudgee.....

http://images.pgatour.com/players/images/headshots/460160.jpg

http://www.pgatour.com/players/bio/460160

Mark Hensby who is some aussie from the golfing mecca of Victoria ----->

http://www.pgatour.com/players/intro/149570

gazgolf1
28th July 2004, 06:44 PM
Scott Hend who is leading the Driving distance stats from Nudgee.....

http://images.pgatour.com/players/images/headshots/460160.jpg

http://www.pgatour.com/players/bio/460160

Mark Hensby who is some aussie from the golfing mecca of Victoria ----->

http://www.pgatour.com/players/intro/149570

Jeez :? ,a face only a mother could love.

Jarro
28th July 2004, 09:10 PM
Jeez :? ,a face only a mother could love.

maybe so, but you should see the man hit a golf ball :shock: :smt119

Iain
29th July 2004, 06:37 PM
Battle of the Bridges is coming up again next Wednesday (3/8/2004) at 10am live on Foxtel. It's replayed again that night at 8:30pm.

Tuesday is the 3rd, not Wednesday. :roll:

BrisVegas
29th July 2004, 06:43 PM
Ok, Tuesday 3rd August smarty pants :wink:

Iain
29th July 2004, 09:36 PM
Ok, Tuesday 3rd August smarty pants :wink:
8) 8)

Jarro
3rd August 2004, 05:17 PM
hope you guys watched this today.. great display of long hitting..with JD constantly hitting the pill 340+ yards :shock:

what a course too, man there were some awesome holes :!:

McMw
3rd August 2004, 05:25 PM
it was on over here last week....

didn't watch any of it...except for one drive by Khuene...

Man...for a slim and trim fella, that is one great tight swing...where the heck does the power come from!!! :roll:

Was it just me or is this J Linderberg fella (who dressed Badds) seem to be having quite an influence on the younger players...
Pretty sure Scott and Howell, and also Kuehne are donning some of his gear... :roll:

nick
3rd August 2004, 05:25 PM
I saw the last couple of holes, and I was suprised at how much Tiger could keep it up with them!

I'm a big fan of Hank, I wish he would play more to his potential on tour.

Nick

Jarro
3rd August 2004, 07:10 PM
interested to see they had a sophisticated launch monitor thingy on a couple of holes too.

Can't quite remember the exact figures but i think Tigers SS was around 129 Mph .... with 189Mph being his ball speed. Keuhne was about 120Mph.. but they said he wasn't really going after it.. because his SS is normally around 135 :shock: They didn't have it on JD's drive, but his swing looked the easiest and smoothest of the 4-some .... and he was bombing them out there miles ..... 340yard carry on one hole 8)

jaster
3rd August 2004, 07:44 PM
it was on over here last week....

Sorry Mau but I don't see how?? It was on live on Foxsports....every US forum was only talking about it today.....check it out!!

http://www.thebridgesrsf.com/new.html

They were even talking about Daly just missing the short putt to miss out on the playoff with Vijay?

Was it just me or is this J Linderberg fella (who dressed Badds) seem to be having quite an influence on the younger players...
Pretty sure Scott and Howell, and also Kuehne are donning some of his gear... :roll:

Scott is sponsored by Burberry, they would spew if he wore JL gear.....CHIII was sponsored by JL last year but is only sponsored by Callaway this year...although it really is not much different to the JL stuff. Kuehne is sponsored by Adidas, he is so tall and lean though that it did look like he was wearing JL gear, all the swedes are wearing it...one dude in the Scandanadian (spelling?) Masters was wearing JL pants so tight he had to bed down with his feet together to get the ball out of the cup in case his pants split :lol:

jaster
3rd August 2004, 07:49 PM
No Doubt they are long...VERY LONG :shock: but watching the Buick this weekend I had to laugh. On day 3 Daly played the 17th and hit a "7 iron" so the annoucers told us 190ish yards to 3ft....he gets into the annoucers booth after play and they ask him how he can hit a 7 iron that far...he said easy cause it was a 6 iron :lol: :lol: Johnny Miller actually said a while back that he will not lie about the clubs pros hit but some annoucers do to make them seem better than what they are :roll:

McMw
3rd August 2004, 09:55 PM
thanks for the heads up on the error Jaster...

I saw the result after I posted that...and I was wondering what the hell event I was watching last week...

did Khuene play in a skins game recently???

jaster
3rd August 2004, 10:17 PM
No probs Mau ;) Yeah it was the Canadian skins, he played against Mickelson, Daly and Vijay :)

McMw
3rd August 2004, 10:27 PM
with regards to lindeberg...it might not be the apparel, but it surely is his belt they're wearing... YUCK!!!!

jaster
3rd August 2004, 10:37 PM
You could be correct about the belt but I don't look at male golfers crotch area :lol: :lol: :smt101 :smt008 :smt079

McMw
3rd August 2004, 10:46 PM
dude...if something as ugly as that belt buckle can be clearly seen...NO ONE can miss it...

hmmm......maybe potbellies cover the belt buckle??? :wink:

jaster
3rd August 2004, 11:06 PM
Hehe...not to many of those on tour anymore :wink:

AndyP
4th August 2004, 06:51 PM
hope you guys watched this today..
I saw a little bit of it.
It was interesting to hear some of the conversations. It sounded like Mickelson was doing all the talking.
They had the launchy thing on Daly at least once, but it didn't seem to record properly.

Speirsy11
4th August 2004, 06:59 PM
I saw the last couple of holes, and I was suprised at how much Tiger could keep it up with them!

Nick

Nick, Nick, Nick.......

I can't believe this man, Tiger could be the LONGEST guy out there if he wanted....NOBODY can gear it up like him when he wants....I've seen him hit it 365 in the air withhis old steel shafted driver....He is SICK long....but prefers winning Majors and such to hitting it 375......

Speirsy11

nick
4th August 2004, 07:05 PM

Nick

Nick, Nick, Nick.......

I can't believe this man, Tiger could be the LONGEST guy out there if he wanted....NOBODY can gear it up like him when he wants....I've seen him hit it 365 in the air withhis old steel shafted driver....He is SICK long....but prefers winning Majors and such to hitting it 375......

Speirsy11

Fair point, he does put a lot of load on the shaft, but even though hes not swinging as hard as Hank and J.D., he still hits it about as straight as them.

Nick