PDA

View Full Version : Superstroke Claw Grip

Huynhie
17th March 2016, 10:50 PM
Just wondering if anyone has tried one of these? I use a claw grip and was considering grabbing one (if I can find them anywhere) but just curious as to people's thoughts on them. I'm a new convert to the claw grip and finding my putting has improved quite drastically but always seeking to improve. Will this grip give me that little bit more?

mrbluu
17th March 2016, 10:58 PM
Hate those grips and hate that type of grip. They only cover up faults you have, not fix anything.

Hatchman
18th March 2016, 12:15 AM
Hate those grips and hate that type of grip. They only cover up faults you have, not fix anything.

So negative mate :)

3oneday
18th March 2016, 05:29 AM
Perfect grip as a little longer, well worth it.

Huynhie
18th March 2016, 07:38 AM
Perfect grip as a little longer, well worth it. Do you know if they come in different thicknesses? Or is it just the one size? Can't find much info on them.

benno_r
18th March 2016, 08:00 AM
Do you know if they come in different thicknesses? Or is it just the one size? Can't find much info on them.

Just the one size.

Dotty
18th March 2016, 08:15 AM
The Claw has been discontinued. I use one in the normal fashion, as it is the perfect non-tapered midsize grip. (The SS 1.0 Superslim had a reverse taper.)

These have been replaced by the various XL models (which come standard without the screw-in 50g counterweight) to work with the Craw andr paintbrush gripping methods.

Huynhie
18th March 2016, 11:47 AM
The Claw has been discontinued. I use one in the normal fashion, as it is the perfect non-tapered midsize grip. (The SS 1.0 Superslim had a reverse taper.)These have been replaced by the various XL models (which come standard without the screw-in 50g counterweight) to work with the Craw andr paintbrush gripping methods.Cheers dotty! Know anyone selling the discontinued model by any chance??

3oneday
18th March 2016, 11:52 AM
Well that is disappointing. Maybe try ebay.com

benno_r
18th March 2016, 12:14 PM

I have organised a get together with me, you, Spieth, Dufner, Sergio, Victor, Phil, Bryson, KJ, et al.

You can tell them they are all doing it wrong.

Me? I use them because it feels more comfortable.

Huynhie, I am pretty sure Superstroke Australia didn't bring that model in. Best bet is the usual US locations.

Cheers,
Ben

3oneday
18th March 2016, 12:22 PM
I bought mine from Golfbox, but they don't have them anymore.

There is a seller in the UK that still has them, but not on ebay.com either.

Huynhie
18th March 2016, 12:40 PM
The Claw has been discontinued. I use one in the normal fashion, as it is the perfect non-tapered midsize grip. (The SS 1.0 Superslim had a reverse taper.)These have been replaced by the various XL models (which come standard without the screw-in 50g counterweight) to work with the Craw andr paintbrush gripping methods.Cheers dotty! Know anyone selling the discontinued model by any chance??

3Puttpete
18th March 2016, 12:41 PM

You happy to use clubs with a bit of forgiveness or balls that spin a bit more on chips and pitches?

mrbluu
18th March 2016, 01:31 PM
You happy to use clubs with a bit of forgiveness or balls that spin a bit more on chips and pitches?
Not too fussed on the forgiveness of clubs these days as long as the ball flight and shape of shots are right.

Getting a ball that suits your requirement is just smart.

I don't see your point???

3Puttpete
18th March 2016, 05:40 PM
My point is that using you logic one could argue using any equipment in any way that helps hides your flaws.

Using a hybrid because you hit them better than long irons for example.