PDA

View Full Version : Latest Mini Drivers

3oneday
15th March 2016, 06:41 PM
Looking to see if anyone has played or demo'd the Callaway Mini 1.5, and/or the Burner Mini TP.

Apart from my hesitance to put another TM club in my bag, the TP seems to be the only non draw biased mini. I can't get a line on the Cally 1.5 as to whether it has any bias or not.

All opinions welcome, I played a Cally 3deep on the weekend and it seems to be the way or direction I'm going, even looked for a 2deep but they're a bit rare.

TheNuclearOne
15th March 2016, 07:32 PM
I ease out the Aeroburner TP 12* now and again and it's excellent but so to is the SLDR. The Ping Rapture is a mini bomber too, one of the best feeling clubs i've ever hit. The ball scorches off the face on good hits with such a pure feel.

mrbluu
15th March 2016, 07:33 PM
Looking to see if anyone has played or demo'd the Callaway Mini 1.5, and/or the Burner Mini TP.

Apart from my hesitance to put another TM club in my bag, the TP seems to be the only non draw biased mini. I can't get a line on the Cally 1.5 as to whether it has any bias or not.

All opinions welcome, I played a Cally 3deep on the weekend and it seems to be the way or direction I'm going, even looked for a 2deep but they're a bit rare.

U struggling with the putter again??? :D

3oneday
15th March 2016, 07:36 PM
Thanks, TNO.

:)

damoocow
15th March 2016, 08:30 PM

How did the 3 wood shafted driver go?

rick3003
15th March 2016, 08:57 PM
The Cally is adjustable so you could always open it up

3oneday
15th March 2016, 09:20 PM
How did the 3 wood shafted driver go?the first one went hard left, the second one half hard left, used 3 wood from then on. If felt like it had a swing weight of c5 or something.

wazamac
15th March 2016, 10:53 PM
I have the cally mini and it knocks my 816 dd out of my bag. It is fully adjustable from -1 to +2. At the moment I am using it off the tee and as a 3 wood.
I just feel so comfortable with it

Jerrymoo
15th March 2016, 11:34 PM
The Ping Rapture is a mini bomber too, one of the best feeling clubs i've ever hit. The ball scorches off the face on good hits with such a pure feel.

This.

Picked one up over the summer. Really sweet club. Hard to find now, though... and bloody expensive.

TheNuclearOne
16th March 2016, 01:23 AM
Thanks, TNO.

:)

Hey, the AB TP was in there :D

Pretty neutral bias i thought.

3oneday
16th March 2016, 09:24 AM
Thanks, I think I prefer the feel off the face of any cally.

Anyone want anything from callawaygolfpreowned? dollar creeping up, shipping $40, add $5 for each additional ;) 15% off marked price because they like me apparently.

TheNuclearOne
16th March 2016, 10:29 AM
Pfffffffft, composite poop :D

razaar
16th March 2016, 10:34 AM
3, have you hit the original Cally X Hot 15* with the oversized head with shallow face. It came with a 44 " shaft and similar shaft port to the Titty 905 but without the hosel. Mine has a very square face without any bias towards closed or open. It has the carpenter steel face. It is several years old now but can still hold its own as a fill-in driver.

icandy
16th March 2016, 11:30 AM
Cally 1.5 is fade bias i've heard, haven't tried it yet. Still hitting my SLDR Mini fine.

3oneday
16th March 2016, 12:08 PM
3, have you hit the original Cally X Hot 15* with the oversized head with shallow face. It came with a 44 " shaft and similar shaft port to the Titty 905 but without the hosel. Mine has a very square face without any bias towards closed or open. It has the carpenter steel face. It is several years old now but can still hold its own as a fill-in driver.I do remember that Raz, think I sold a few actually. Never hit one though.

What I have now is probably good enough and I don't "need" a mini driver, but that doesn't usually matter :)

I dumped driver Sunday after hole 4 at 3 over and bogeyed the last 3 for 7 over. I'm sold on the fact that the game was a hell of a lot easier playing on the golf course than the trees.

Is the Cally a composite head?

razaar
16th March 2016, 12:25 PM
SS head 3. Yep, getting out of position on the opening shot makes things difficult for us blokes. A 3 metal that is designed for the tee rather than the fairway is a viable option sometimes. I'm a firm believer that when something works keep using it and don't get sucked into moving to something else because of emotion. Have seen too many players get caught out and losing their driver swing through searching for more length through equipment.

icandy
16th March 2016, 06:15 PM
Ping G Stretch might be another option
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4P68xWo0fY

3oneday
16th March 2016, 06:21 PM
Did actually look at that too, Ping are pricing themselves out of my league of late I think.