PDA

View Full Version : Guitar file to listen to..............

Matt 3 Jab
11th May 2006, 10:05 AM
Hey everyone, just bought a new computer/guitar thing, made a quick track this morning, im no slash or satch but i will be one day, have a listen if you like, tell me what you think, i stress i did it this morning in my PJ's so it aint a No.1 hit ;)
Enjoy :D

E Over G (http://www.filefactory.com/get/v3/f2.php?f=e8c984)

connico
11th May 2006, 11:11 AM
you have Pjs???...thats not very manly matt???

Matt 3 Jab
11th May 2006, 11:17 AM
They are warm dammit! and all of my hero's (anchorman) wear PJ's

connico
11th May 2006, 11:19 AM
i dont know man, what self respecting woman gets into bed with a guy that where pjs???

Matt 3 Jab
11th May 2006, 11:45 AM
Just listen to the song a forget about how i sleep :razz:

Jarro
11th May 2006, 12:55 PM
got any pic's of your PJ's Matt :p

i mean, if you wear PJ's you must wear slippers too right ;)

Matt 3 Jab
11th May 2006, 01:59 PM
Maybe i do jarro, maybe i do................

Courty
11th May 2006, 06:32 PM
i did it this morning in my PJ's

Are they TOUR? ;)

Seriously. I'm no instrumental guru, but it sounds pretty good to me. Sort of like an Ian Moss riff from the good 'ol days of Chisel.

Jono
11th May 2006, 09:41 PM
Matt, I'd be worried if I were you. Seems like a few guys are more interested in your PJ's than your guitar playing ... :lol:

I don't know much about guitars either but it sounds good. 8)

Matt 3 Jab
11th May 2006, 09:53 PM
Thanks, and ill post some pics of my PJ's when all the models give them back ;)

amanda
12th May 2006, 09:56 AM
Thanks, and ill post some pics of my PJ's when all the models give them back ;)
I hope claire knows about this ;)

Andrew
12th May 2006, 02:02 PM
Matt,

Firstly, let me say, I think you have done an excellent job.

Here are some thoughts that we can further discuss on Thursday.

1. Make sure you know what notes make up each chord in the position you are soloing in. These notes will constitute the final note of each phrase & will sound stronger & more melodic if they are in the chord that is being play at that time. In bar 5, 13 & 17, the E note that is played suggests a minor tonality, yet the chord is a G major. This would sound stronger if you finished the phrase on the note D, F# or G.

2. Don't be afraid to separate the phrases even further & vary the length of separation as well. 'Call & response' phrasing would work well over this chord progression. This can be done with groups of 2 phrases or groups of 3 phrases.

3. Change rhythmic structure of melody/phrasing after the main theme has been established. This will allow the melody to take the audience on a journey & give variety.

It sounds good, Matt. You should write a 2nd theme,
possibily Am, G/B C, G, D. This will allow the piece to reach approximately 3mins. After the 2nd theme, you would return to the main theme to conclude, of course.

Andrew

Matt 3 Jab
13th May 2006, 02:06 PM
Thanks andrew, will be good to go over it on thursday, some bits sound good, others not so great, my phrasing is getting better i think, i just recorded the one we went over on thursday, added some wah, see what you all think.

Wah Solo (http://www.filefactory.com/get/v3/f2.php?f=f1bf43)

connico
13th May 2006, 05:32 PM
sounds good bro, i like it!...umm where are these PJ pics? :p