View Full Version : Week Commencing 8th May

Grunt
10th May 2006, 08:51 PM
Well played Penrith this morning with Andrew,

25 points:???:
1 Fairway:(
0 GIR:evil:
4 Wipes:evil: :evil:

Cant count putts as all the wipes were pickups, but apart from not playing really well I actually putted better than my score indicates. I was actually hitting through the ball, it either went into the cup or past the hole, not by too much though.

Really have to get rid of the casting bit at the top of my swing.:???: Was weird I was cutting it bad, so I allowed for it and then stopped hitting cuts. So now instead of being in the trees right of the fairway I was in the left treeline :???: . Punch shot was pretty good, got quite a few out particularly well to recover with an Up n Down par.

Was weird I feel that I am not playing as badly as my scoring indicates. The good score might be just around the corner. I had a run of bad scores last year then a great run that took off the shots that got me down to the stage I am at now. This might be the run to get me solidly into B grade.:mrgreen:

Bruce
11th May 2006, 10:11 AM
Played Kooringal with an eye on potential membership there.

First impressions were great with an opening birdie and then tempered by a ****ty 8 on a par 3. Finished with 94 and a lot of regrets (see fat wedge thread).

As for for signing up - well there are some issues. I grew up on Kikuyu so that is no problem, but the land is pretty small and my partner had a bad day off the tee which showed up some problems they are trying to rectify. His tee shots ended up perilously close to tee boxes and greens. The greens were good though and they seem to have pots of money (thanks to pokies) that they are putting to use in updating the course.

We shall see.

Flowergirl
12th May 2006, 08:32 AM
Last round of pennant yesterday and we finished of with a win:-D One of our girls had her first win for the season - she's lost on the 18th 3 times - so we were rapt for her.
I had a great win. I won 9/7:twisted: - I was hot and she had a shocker. Every bit of luck went my way and I played very steady golf. The new driver was very, very good:-D But my pro wants me to try out a couple of others just to be sure - I don't mind - but I think something will have to be pretty amazing to beat the "big Ben".
The team finished middle of the field.

AndyP
12th May 2006, 09:08 AM
I had a great win. I won 9/7:twisted: - I was hot and she had a shocker.
Wow! What a flogging!
Are you going to convert this form into more handicap reductions now?

Jarro
12th May 2006, 09:42 AM
Great win Reenie ... go get 'em girl 8)

Flowergirl
12th May 2006, 03:30 PM
Wow! What a flogging!
Are you going to convert this form into more handicap reductions now?

I damn well hope so :)

Bruce
13th May 2006, 04:10 PM
3 months ago the idea of shooting 90 would have made me excited, today it was a story of more missed opportunities at Sandringham.

22 points on the first (back) nine and a scratchy 16 coming home which is odd as the front 9 at Sandringham is much easier. 38 pts - 90 off the bat but was **** off the tee and couldn't buy a putt. The greens were pretty scuffed up and hard to read but that is the way it goes I guess.

It is coming - I can feel it. I should have shot 85 or less.

990B Luva
13th May 2006, 04:22 PM
3rd round of champs at Jindalee today, had 74 off the stick, net 59. best score apart from mine in so far is net 61

Courty
13th May 2006, 05:13 PM
Today I played my first full round since the injury. I didn't hit it as bad as I expected, although it still wasn't great. It was a 4BBB Stableford, and my partner & I scored 41 pts. I didn't end up seeing the card so I'm not sure how many times I got on it. At a guess I would say around 7 or 8. I was trying to keep tabs on my stroke score to get a feel for how I'm playing. I was +5 after 9, but lost track during the 2nd 9. Thinking back, I probably would have finished at about +12. Fatigue got me in the end and it was really hard work in the last few holes. I was hitting tee shots ok, but only hit about 3 greens in reg. Putting wasn't fantastic, but not poor either. My chipping cost me some shots. No flubs, I just didn't have the distance dialled in. I'll try & sort it out during the week as I've entered in a 36 hole event next weekend.

Grunt
13th May 2006, 05:45 PM
I'm Back!!!!

Played this morning in a par event at Mac Grange, it was one of those days where the shots were not quite coming off, but as I was later playing a handicap matchplay event afterwards I was not perterbed. I shot -4 I think. It were stableford it would have been much better but that is par for you very hard to get back the holes you put a minus against.
Straight after finishing the par event I teed off playing a 8 marker in the matchplay. I played like I was on fire after 8 holes I was beating him off the stick :) @ +2 and 5up in the matchplay. I had a few stumbles in the next few holes but held on to win 4 & 3. In the end I shot +7 for 15 holes, my game was back :)

I am Back Wooo Hooo!

BrisWesty
13th May 2006, 06:08 PM
Played 4BBB stroke today. We shot net 64, I shot net 71, hit 9 fairways, 7 GIR and 33 putts. Putted for birdie on the last 4 holes and got the ball past the hole (and close to it) on each occasion so that's a big plus.

McMw
13th May 2006, 10:13 PM
nice shooting 990B...

u just know it's not gonna be a good day when you have a 3-putt bogey on the first!!!
shot 78 around home course, which given the way I've been playing this year, is pretty damn good...
except I had 35 putts in doing so...with a sickening 4putt on the last hole for a double-7...damn stupid @$$ green keeper for putting the hole in an impossible slope!!!

Coffs_Hacker
13th May 2006, 11:49 PM
Played local Coffs course for a very wierd day

39pts (2 wipes 4x1pts)
7 fairways
5 gir
31putts

Highlight was 4 birdies and 2 nearest pins :)

Matt 3 Jab
14th May 2006, 08:16 AM
I'm dead!! Havent played in aboout a month, Coffs is on FIRE!!!

Coffs_Hacker
14th May 2006, 08:27 AM
Wouldn't say on fire
front (-,3,3,-,1,4,1,4,2) 18pts 3 birds
back (4,3,2,1,2,3,3,1,2) 21pts 1 bird

Matt 3 Jab
14th May 2006, 09:17 AM
4 birds in the day, thats nice shooting, should be a great match.

AndyP
14th May 2006, 09:53 AM
Well done on the convincing matchplay win, Grunt.

Grunt
14th May 2006, 11:07 AM
Thanks Andy
The guy I played was great too, he is a good friend and he said it was weird giving 13 holes to a guy that was playing well enough to give him holes. Looking back to the game off Scratch matchplay, I would have been still 2 up when we finished. So I was very happy. Hopefully I willl be able to play my next opponent this coming week as the cutoff for this round is Sunday & I am working next Saturday and Sunday.

BrisVegas
14th May 2006, 01:06 PM
I'm dead!! Havent played in aboout a month, Coffs is on FIRE!!!

Nah, that's his good round outta the way now for the year. You're safe as houses! :smt002

Matt 3 Jab
14th May 2006, 02:49 PM
I duno Vegas, new driver, new 5 wood, new putter, kinda new wedges, no games played for a month, we'll see.

shazza_rs
14th May 2006, 05:07 PM
Played in a 4BBB Stroke comp on saturday.

Pete and i partnered up and came in with a 57, although i only managed to get on the card 3 times that counted. D'oh!

I myself had 95/77...... not to crash hot but pretty pleased considering i scored a 10

Pete had 84/65...... and that was with a 9 on his score card.

Most satisfying thing is writing down 2 net 1 for a tap-in birdie on a par 3 for pete.. :)....

shazza_rs
14th May 2006, 05:12 PM
Played at Gainsborough Greens today with Pete, Scott and Keza.

We played a 4BBB Stroke .... just for kicks.... pete and i came in with a 61, Keza and scotty runners up with a 74.... :)

Played pretty solidly all day..... had an issue with one of the par 5's (which i scored an 11).... :(

Individual .... i had 99/81.......
Pete had 92/73...... with another 9.....

Course was in pretty good nick... had an issue with some butcher birds..... scared the crap out of me.

Moe Norman
14th May 2006, 06:38 PM
Sanctuary Cove - Pines today - tough course, made tougher by some very poor play from the tee and usual putting day.

I played very well at the Palms on Saturday, but will post stas for that when I can find them but I fired a 77 there.

anyway today's round.

96 off the stick
5 fairways
5 GIR
37 Putts
0/2 U&D
0/2 Sand Saves
2 OB
4 in the Water
2 Birdies
2 Pars

LOTS of bad stuff.

McMw
14th May 2006, 07:48 PM
Played Interclub Comp this morning...
shot 75 - which put me 3rd in the Gross behind 70 and 74...
think I hit less than 5 fairways, less than 8 greens, but 26 putts only...

time for change in driver and irons me think!!! :D

jimandr
14th May 2006, 09:04 PM
I'm quite pleased with my 37 points today. 6 over with a triple and a double included. Short irons were very good, and I putted much than I've been doing lately.

Fairways = 8 of 14
Greens = 10 of 18
Putts = 30, one three putt, 2 birdies
Up & Down = 4 of 6
Sand Saves = 0 of 1
2 penalties, from an out of bounds.

Jono
15th May 2006, 10:21 AM
I'm quite pleased with my 37 points today. 6 over with a triple and a double included. Short irons were very good, and I putted much than I've been doing lately.

Fairways = 8 of 14
Greens = 10 of 18
Putts = 30, one three putt, 2 birdies
Up & Down = 4 of 6
Sand Saves = 0 of 1
2 penalties, from an out of bounds.

So you are all ready for our match tomorrow, ey? 8)

To confirm your status as the favourite, my last 3 rounds have been 28 points, 27 points, and 29 points. :?

Pinglauncher
15th May 2006, 01:31 PM
Golf was a non event this weekend. Was warming up ready to play and the back went on me. It was more alarm bells than a full lock up so I took it as a warning and pulled out.

GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!