PDA

View Full Version : What did you shoot - March 2016

LarryLong
2nd March 2016, 04:00 PM
New thread for March 2016 - unless you're in Qld or SA, apparently. :)

G.K
2nd March 2016, 05:59 PM
Ok I'll kick this month off.

Just to stir the sandbagging pot a bit, I went out and shot 80 off my 13 cap for 41 points today.

Was one of those days where I didn't really feel like I was playing that well. Missed a lot of fairways, wasn't hitting my irons solidly but they stayed relatively straight. 2 X birdies, both on shot holes certainly helped in the scoring department. If not for the one soft double I would have cracked the 80 mark for only the second time ever which would have been good. Found 3 bunkers and they didn't cause me to have a meltdown so that was a nice change from the norm. Even got up and down out of one for par.

PeteyD
2nd March 2016, 06:03 PM
Sandbagger

highballin
2nd March 2016, 07:47 PM
Nice work GK you must have been pretty solid with the short game?

G.K
2nd March 2016, 08:05 PM
Nice work GK you must have been pretty solid with the short game?

I did play a few nice wedges, some followed up by one putts. The putter was working for me. Had 29 putts (plus 2 more from a few feet off the green). I just went back over the round in my head and I hit more fairways than I originally thought being 8. The big let down was that I only hit 3 GIR which is very crap given some of the positions that I put myself in.

Definitely need to do some alignment work with my shorter irons I think!

oldracer
2nd March 2016, 08:46 PM
nice work mate, sand save....wooohoo

3Puttpete
4th March 2016, 04:33 PM
Reddy Bay back marker.

98 (including a 12)/84. No wipes.

Not the worst in the group.

jimandr
4th March 2016, 05:44 PM
I didn't think I'd be posting a round like this...ever again.

42 points in the Ballina Friday comp today. Best round in about 5 years, and a course record by two shots since I have been in Ballina.

Everything was good, so much so that golf seemed relatively easy, and it was just a question of not choking over the last few holes. Not only did I hold it together, my last hole was my best hole, a great drive, a great 8 iron to 5 feet and a putt straight in. 9 out of 10 holed putts from between 4 and 10 feet. I doubt if I have ever done that before.

Now I have to wait for Larry to start a March leaderboard thread and then see if the score can hold up for another 27 days.

wazamac
4th March 2016, 05:47 PM
good one jim. getting the handicap down before plummeting for the champs?

Lagerlover
4th March 2016, 05:53 PM
Nice Jim

mrbluu
4th March 2016, 05:55 PM
Nice round and positive post Jim, has your account been hacked ;)

highballin
4th March 2016, 06:01 PM
Great round Jim, good work getting that out of your system before Champs!

AndyP
4th March 2016, 07:36 PM
Quality sandbagging in the lead up, Jim.

simmsy
4th March 2016, 08:02 PM
I did play a few nice wedges, some followed up by one putts. The putter was working for me. Had 29 putts (plus 2 more from a few feet off the green). I just went back over the round in my head and I hit more fairways than I originally thought being 8. The big let down was that I only hit 3 GIR which is very crap given some of the positions that I put myself in.

Definitely need to do some alignment work with my shorter irons I think!

You wanna just cut/paste this in here again mate?

G.K
4th March 2016, 08:29 PM
You wanna just cut/paste this in here again mate?

Ha! It's probably not far off.

Only real difference was flirting with the red markers a few times due to total mishits with the big stick. Still managed to scramble enough to get to 37 points.

And of course I can't forget my putt on 5. Downhill, about 25 ft or so, holed it for bird.

Courty
4th March 2016, 09:20 PM
Reddy Bay back marker.

How is a 12 not a wipe? [emoji848]

3Puttpete
4th March 2016, 09:25 PM
How is a 12 not a wipe? [emoji848]

Shot hole

Courty
4th March 2016, 09:26 PM
Shot hole

Lol.

Par 8 with 2 shots? [emoji1]

3Puttpete
4th March 2016, 09:37 PM
Lol.

Par 8 with 2 shots? [emoji1]

Wouldn't that be a wipe?

[emoji15]

Courty
4th March 2016, 09:47 PM
Wouldn't that be a wipe?

[emoji15]

The numbers are too high for me. [emoji1]

3Puttpete
4th March 2016, 09:50 PM
The numbers are too high for me. [emoji1]

They were too high before I finally made the fairway

simmsy
4th March 2016, 09:55 PM
34 for me after starting
wipe
1point
wipe

Glad to play some ok golf after that

Daves
4th March 2016, 09:58 PM
Reddy Bay back marker.

The 12 was mainly due to pigheadedness in not picking up out of a very ordinary lie in a LWH, and then continuing that bad decisioning for the next 4 or so shots. The following hook into another LWH on the other side was more natural talent. Very much like the talent that produced the 10? on 17 by another participant.

3Puttpete
4th March 2016, 10:01 PM
There were really only 3 bad shots in that 12. We'll call it a 5

LeftyHoges
4th March 2016, 11:51 PM
-10 through 13 holes in a charity ambrose today with a 8, 22 and 18 lady marker.

Still 2.5 shots off the pace despite playing our nuts off!

LarryLong
4th March 2016, 11:54 PM
-10 through 13 holes in a charity ambrose today with a 8, 22 and 18 lady marker.

Still 2.5 shots off the pace despite playing our nuts off!

That's impressive. :)

wazamac
5th March 2016, 12:06 PM
33 today, was able to get the driver in the air today, albeit with a massive hook.Fairly happy as it is the first time breaking 30 for about 12 rounds.

LeftyHoges
5th March 2016, 12:38 PM
That's impressive. :)

Especially considering the can a hole pace I set. Ultimately fell short, but beat the under par score, was -11 cans.

Hard_Pan
5th March 2016, 01:50 PM
78/67 in the MM today (as in 5 March 2016 ;) ) at NH. Played pretty solidly. New putter working out well (32 putts with one 3 putt). Could've been a couple of shots better but I got stars in my eys on the last and ended up shooting a 6! :? That said, I did enough to qualify for the NH Club Champs 1st round matchplay next week.

Johnno
5th March 2016, 02:17 PM
101/86.

I seem to have 2 built in defects in my head. If I've had some really good rounds i must go into auto pilot and subsequently massively bomb a couple of rounds and I never score well in a monthly medal. Both came together today in a perfect storm of misery.

davidw88
5th March 2016, 03:00 PM
First round of club championships and monthly medal. Had a 73, 70 nett.

mrbluu
5th March 2016, 03:24 PM
First round of club championships and monthly medal. Had a 73, 70 nett.
Flusha!!!

BenM
5th March 2016, 03:38 PM
78 nett today.

The 1st (which was our 10th) was a pretty typical hole. It's about a 240m par 4, uphill, OB behind.

I hit a good driving iron up the left, perfect angle in, 50 out. Bladed a wedge that probably didn't even land on the green, but hit the chain link fence and bounced through onto the road. Dropped another. Hit a slightly better wedge to about 20 foot. Drained the putt for bogey.

Hit some great shots. Hit a lot of utter rubbish. Holed 2 or 3 long putts to save doubles and worse.

Charger
5th March 2016, 05:03 PM
Ist round of Club Championships. 79/ 71 After being 1 over after 11 I thought I would bogey the last 7 holes.

Still, 54 more holes to go.

Courty
5th March 2016, 05:08 PM
A very wet Monthly Medal this morning, in fact many players were pulling out after 9. Not us though, we soldiered on. :p

I finished with 83/77, which I'm fine with apart from the lost ball quad. :oops:

Hatchman
5th March 2016, 05:11 PM
Medal round @ Kapunda

Well, what a mixed bag today's round was. Only made 4 pars for the whole day 
Hit 5 of 7 drives on fairway on the front nine and the other 2 were just off in the second cut with clear shots and swings to get home. End result for nine was 3 GIR , one a 3 jiggle par and one birdie from 6 foot to finish 5 over (what a waste). Putter was stone cold with 4 lip outs from 2-6 foot.

Second nine started of on fire with chip in eagle on the par 5 10th (only 5m from the pin). 4 iron to 8 foot on 11 and rolled that in. Missed first drive for the day on 12 and dropped one. 95m wedge to 3 foot on 13 for anther bird. Save par on the par 3 then it turned to crap on 14. Hit the worst drive for the day blocking it catching the left side of the pines along the OB fence with the end result a ball just OB on the RHS of the pines  Resulting in a triple. Dropped shots on the next 2 very softly and lipped out for bird on the last from 6 foot. Great opportunity lost .
Front 9: Bg,P,Bg,Bg,Bg,Bg,P,B,Bg 5 over
Back 9: E,B,Bg,B,P,T,Bg,Bg,P 2over

Stats
80-73 =36pts
Effective Drives = 11/15
GIR = 7
Putts = 30
1x eagle, 3x birdies, 1x triple, 1x 3jiggle

$15 pub voucher for NTP for 2 on 2/11 to go with the one on 8/17 2weeks ago that held on.
9 balls (7 in the eagle nest , 1 birdie hole and 1 in the nett run down.)

rubin
5th March 2016, 06:30 PM
36 points today. No 3 wood and only 4 drivers off the tee. Must be a thing with this hybrid style play

G.K
5th March 2016, 06:49 PM
Back to reality for me. -5 in a par round today.

I seemed to lose what limited iron striking ability I had after a couple of holes. Wasn't much fun hitting approaches from 150m with a 6 iron and not even reaching the green. I think I was mentally cooked after 6 or 7 holes from trying to work out WTF I was doing wrong.

On a positive note, I was still putting well when I got the chance.

tim_golfer2
5th March 2016, 11:29 PM
What did I shoot today?

I shot a 65 year old guy right in the head on the full with a solidly hit drive on the 9th at St Micks. He was on the adjoining fairway. I had waited until he got off our fairway and back onto his (lulled him into a false sense of security) and hit a low hook that just kept curving toward him. Screaming out fore but he was oblivious...then he went down like a sack of spuds.
Fortunately it hit the top of his head, not his face...so I still got nice release on the bounce. Left me half wedge in and just missed the birdie putt. So no damage done.

Oh and he got back to his feet eventually and zig zagged down the 8th fairway.

Peppas
5th March 2016, 11:37 PM
What did I shoot today?

I shot a 65 year old guy right in the head on the full with a solidly hit drive on the 9th at St Micks. He was on the adjoining fairway. I had waited until he got off our fairway and back onto his (lulled him into a false sense of security) and hit a low hook that just kept curving toward him. Screaming out fore but he was oblivious...then he went down like a sack of spuds.
Fortunately it hit the top of his head, not his face...so I still got nice release on the bounce. Left me half wedge in and just missed the birdie putt. So no damage done.

Oh and he got back to his feet eventually and zig zagged down the 8th fairway.

Nice work, sounds like your fairway was the safest place to be... :)

3Puttpete
6th March 2016, 12:25 AM
so I still got nice release on the bounce. Left me half wedge in

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

LeftyHoges
6th March 2016, 01:13 AM
36 points today. No 3 wood and only 4 drivers off the tee. Must be a thing with this hybrid style play

God I love it when I'm right. ;)

Charger
6th March 2016, 01:51 PM
81/73 2nd round of championships. I got into trouble early, still being at the strip club at 2:30 getting lappies. She spoke french into my ear as I sucked on her boobies. Floor manager wasnt happy, it was my third strike for the night and I got kicked out. Then I somehow got to golf.

Hard_Pan
6th March 2016, 02:53 PM
3/2 down in the 6th round of the SAPC Pennant match at Mosquito Lakes today. Only one win and two halves for the NH team as a whole but despite that, our average is good enough to get us into the final at Mt Barker next Sunday! ��

Eag's
6th March 2016, 03:18 PM
Played my first comp round today since Dec 2012 in a Single V Par at Nudgee, finished square.
I was beyond woeful off the tee today hitting more cold domes than I thought possible.
My shorter iron play was solid and my chipping and putting was sharp which is surprising considering my lack of play.

Johnno
6th March 2016, 04:29 PM
Back to the safety of stableford after yesterdays stroke misfire. 18/20 for 38 pts.
Just missed my 1st hole in one. 138m. Landed 3 feet in front of the hole , spun towards it but stopped 2 inches short. ( and yes I know I've just opened myself up to " wouldn't be the 1st time you've been 2 inches short" style comments )

coalesce
6th March 2016, 05:23 PM
33 points today in first game in about a month

Back to hitting the driver straight and some big ones in there so very pleased with that. Sadly as my whole game can't all work at once, that means the iron play was shaky with a number of rubbish approach shots from position A on the fairway. Oh well

Courty
6th March 2016, 05:26 PM
Played my first comp round today since Dec 2012 in a Single V Par at Nudgee, finished square.
I was beyond woeful off the tee today hitting more cold domes than I thought possible.
My shorter iron play was solid and my chipping and putting was sharp which is surprising considering my lack of play.

Nice work Rich, especially in a Par round (**** of a game)!

Eag's
6th March 2016, 06:13 PM
Cheers Courty, strange comp that one.
It was great to be out playing again :)

SundayHack
6th March 2016, 06:39 PM
84/74 in our clubs Open yesterday. Was going good, even with the card until a 3 hole stretch (8,9,10) where I went triple, bogey, triple. 2 oob snap hook tee shots and a three putt stalled my round.

davidw88
6th March 2016, 06:46 PM
Had 76, 73 nett for second round of champs. Highlight was an eagle on a par 5 hitting 3 wood to about 4 foot. Couldn't sink a putt all day and had a few 3 stabs. 8 back from the leader who is 1 under through 2 rounds. Just hope to get under 300 for 4 rounds.

wazamac
6th March 2016, 06:48 PM
35 today. Driving still an issue but good scrambling kept me in it.

rubin
7th March 2016, 12:53 AM

Adding to this:
22 points on the front 9 (10-18), only 16 on the back. Started to get very handsy on the back for some reason, and was turning the ball over quiet a bit into trouble. I think it was due to me 'regripping' just before take-away (ala Sergio of 10yrs ago).

Out again tomorrow at Hartfield so will work on the grip and see if I can get some consistency going again.

mrbluu
7th March 2016, 12:57 AM
Nice work mate.

LeftyHoges
7th March 2016, 12:21 PM
Back to the safety of stableford after yesterdays stroke misfire. 18/20 for 38 pts.
Just missed my 1st hole in one. 138m. Landed 3 feet in front of the hole , spun towards it but stopped 2 inches short. ( and yes I know I've just opened myself up to " wouldn't be the 1st time you've been 2 inches short" style comments )

Only 2 inches?

Well, aren't you a lucky boy then? 8)

LeftyHoges
7th March 2016, 02:39 PM
Quarter and semi finals of our club champs yesterday.

Quarter finals: Was 2 red through 16 holes against the 8 capper to win 3/2. Parred the first 6 holes to jump out to a 2up lead, before birdieing 7 to go 3, then bogeying 8 with a lovely hosel. Lost that to go back to 2 before birdieing 9 to be 3 at the turn. He birdied 10 to get back to 2, halved 11 in pars, I birdied 12 for the win, we halved 13, 14 and 15 in pars, and I took out the match with a par on 16. Set up the rematch to the bloke I lost to in last years semis.

Semi final: Halved the first in pars, and the second in bogeys, and the third in birdies. He birdied 4 to go 1up, and hit a ball OOB on the par 3 5th. So you'd think I'd be standing on the 6th tee at all square considering I was pin-high 50 feet away for 1, wouldn't you? Nup, 2down. Don't even want to go there. Birdied 6 to get back to 1, he birdied 7 to get back to 2, we halved 8 in bogeys, and I birdied 9 to somehow be only 1 down at the turn. We halved 10 in pars after his chip caught just enough of the cup but not any of the flag to spit at 90° and sit 2 feet away. Had it been an inch either way it was a minimum of 10 feet (and most likely 20 had it not caught anything at all). 11 was halved in pars, and I missed a 4 footer for bogey and the half on 12, so now sitting 2 down. Halved 13 in pars, and I hit my second long on 14 (causing the broken driver) and missed a 5 footer for the half, so now 3 down with 4 to play. What comes next may be the greatest golfing accomplishment I'll ever experience.

Pull out driver on the next. "That doesn't feel right. Shit, it's snapped. Shattered. Kaput." Awesome, only have a 368m uphill dogleg par 4, followed by a 510m par 5 into the 30km/h wind to come. Game over. He hits one down the middle, so I try to step on 16° hybrid and cut the ears off it. 25m left, into the pines, gone. Well, THAT's game over. Wander into the pines, find my ball and pull out 3 iron ready to punch it out about 80m short. There's some discussion about who's shot it is, and turns out it's his. That gives me the extra time to actually bother to look at my shot. There's not much on offer, BUT there is the massive 40m cut 7 iron aroooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnnddddddd dddddddddd the pine. Ballsy shot, but what do I have to lose? Especially after he knocks it on to 25 feet. So, I RIP this bastard. I mean pure it. It flies 3m right of the pine and starts its arc. I've lost sight of it, but guys on the fairway are yelling at it. "Bend! BEND!" I'm damn near on my stomach looking under the pines trying to see this thing land somewhere. Plop. Lands dead in line with the flag 20 feet short. But then screws massive sideways, 45° angle. Leaves me with about a 20 footer, similar line to the opponents. He hits his putt 4 foot long and high side. Door opened, only gonna get one chance at this. Bang, dead in the centre she goes. The ultimate birdie-win from death. Cool, 2 down with 3 to go with no driver, still screwed.

Bust out the hybrid on 16, and slaughter it. Goes a bit high in the breeze but still get a good 210 out of it. He high-toes it and I outdrive him by 5m! He pulls 3 wood and pulls 3 wood. Into the pines left. Door still open. Hit a low sliding cut around the "signature Cypress" to 100m out. He hits the last branch trying to get out, and it drops around 50 short. I knock mine on to 20 feet. His pitch runs about 15 feet past. We both take 2 putts and it's now 1 down with 2 to play.

17th, 343m par 4 but tees a little forward, so playing maybe 335. Slaughter the hybrid. I mean like Jack the Ripper hasn't slaughtered better. He flails a 3 wood into the right rough and it looks like it could be in trouble. It's OK, but he has to hit a 10m cut with a 9 iron / wedge. Catches it a little heavy and falls in the long rough about 20m short. I've got 79m to flag. 58° to the fore. Hit it crisp and it hunts the flag like a hungry dog. One bounce, 2 bounces, stop on a dime. 8 inches short. Opponent concedes the putt (silly bastard, clearly doesn't know me!) and it's all square down the last.

18th, 184m par 3. Hit a good 3 iron at the right edge but the wind doesn't hit it enough and it catches the edge and bounces right down onto fairway, but pin high. Opponent hits something onto the front left corner, about 30 feet away. I've got a bit of green to work with but as soon as it gets on its ALL down hill. Tricky chip. Hit the PW onto the edge of the green and it starts tracking like the hungry dog from the last hole. It's looking good, it's looking good, IT'S LOOKING IN!!!!..... Bitch! In the last foot it just straightens enough to slide past the cup and finish 8 inches dead behind the hole. Opponent concedes putt again (Seriously, clearly doesn't know me) and he leaves his putt for bird dead in the jaws 12 inches short. Halved in pars and we're off to the playoff hole.

1st - Dogleg left, 335m. Nuke another hybrid, taking on the corner and leaving my self 110m out. He BOMBS driver over the corner, and I'd say he's got maybe 60m left at most. Time for something special. Pull out the 54° and hit it well, but the wind doesn't quite affect it as much as I think it will, but it's still centre of green, about 20 feet. He steps up to his ball and as soon as I hear the sound I know he's semi-thinned it. Here we go! It settles long left of the green in some of the gnarliest rough we have. Opponent studies about 5 different ways to play the shot, finally settling on the 8 iron bump 'n' run. Chips it well into the bank and it pops up and trickles down to around 4 foot. I'm looking at my putt from every angle. It looks straight. It can't be, that putt doesn't exist at Portland! I settle on left edge and step up. It tracks, it sways, it bends, it bends back, it bends some more, it catches the inside left edge, does the 360 of the cup before sitting on the lip for what feels like an eternity (but was most likely 0.03 of a second) and drops in. That's game, Hendrix!

So I've birdied 3 of the last 5 under the gun to steal the game. Play the six-time club champ in the final in a fortnights time. Should be a humdinger!!!

spanner039
7th March 2016, 02:44 PM
Longest post ive actually read

Day Off?

And well done

Courty
7th March 2016, 02:45 PM
Good read, well played, but I still wanna know what happened on 5. [emoji1]

PeteyD
7th March 2016, 02:54 PM
Yea this report is somehow incomplete.

mrbluu
7th March 2016, 03:01 PM

This post is invalid if we don't hear about the 5th!!!

LeftyHoges
7th March 2016, 03:02 PM
Longest post ive actually read

Day Off?

And well done

The ultimate work procrastination.

Cheers Cam.

This post is invalid if we don't hear about the 5th!!!

You'll never know. ;)

PeteyD
7th March 2016, 03:16 PM
I could make something up and put it in there. 4 wiggle against him holing out the second tee shot?

3Puttpete
7th March 2016, 03:35 PM
I think we know what happened on 5.

At best.

backintheswing
7th March 2016, 03:37 PM
No way this happened. You're a shit putter supposedly.

Well done mate.

simmsy
7th March 2016, 03:55 PM
Quarter and semi finals of our club champs yesterday.

Quarter finals: Was 2 red through 16 holes against the 8 capper to win 3/2. Parred the first 6 holes to jump out to a 2up lead, before birdieing 7 to go 3, then bogeying 8 with a lovely hosel. Lost that to go back to 2 before birdieing 9 to be 3 at the turn. He birdied 10 to get back to 2, halved 11 in pars, I birdied 12 for the win, we halved 13, 14 and 15 in pars, and I took out the match with a par on 16. Set up the rematch to the bloke I lost to in last years semis.

Semi final: Halved the first in pars, and the second in bogeys, and the third in birdies. He birdied 4 to go 1up, and hit a ball OOB on the par 3 5th. So you'd think I'd be standing on the 6th tee at all square considering I was pin-high 50 feet away for 1, wouldn't you? Nup, 2down. Don't even want to go there. Birdied 6 to get back to 1, he birdied 7 to get back to 2, we halved 8 in bogeys, and I birdied 9 to somehow be only 1 down at the turn. We halved 10 in pars after his chip caught just enough of the cup but not any of the flag to spit at 90° and sit 2 feet away. Had it been an inch either way it was a minimum of 10 feet (and most likely 20 had it not caught anything at all). 11 was halved in pars, and I missed a 4 footer for bogey and the half on 12, so now sitting 2 down. Halved 13 in pars, and I hit my second long on 14 (causing the broken driver) and missed a 5 footer for the half, so now 3 down with 4 to play. What comes next may be the greatest golfing accomplishment I'll ever experience.

Pull out driver on the next. "That doesn't feel right. Shit, it's snapped. Shattered. Kaput." Awesome, only have a 368m uphill dogleg par 4, followed by a 510m par 5 into the 30km/h wind to come. Game over. He hits one down the middle, so I try to step on 16° hybrid and cut the ears off it. 25m left, into the pines, gone. Well, THAT's game over. Wander into the pines, find my ball and pull out 3 iron ready to punch it out about 80m short. There's some discussion about who's shot it is, and turns out it's his. That gives me the extra time to actually bother to look at my shot. There's not much on offer, BUT there is the massive 40m cut 7 iron aroooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnnddddddd dddddddddd the pine. Ballsy shot, but what do I have to lose? Especially after he knocks it on to 25 feet. So, I RIP this bastard. I mean pure it. It flies 3m right of the pine and starts its arc. I've lost sight of it, but guys on the fairway are yelling at it. "Bend! BEND!" I'm damn near on my stomach looking under the pines trying to see this thing land somewhere. Plop. Lands dead in line with the flag 20 feet short. But then screws massive sideways, 45° angle. Leaves me with about a 20 footer, similar line to the opponents. He hits his putt 4 foot long and high side. Door opened, only gonna get one chance at this. Bang, dead in the centre she goes. The ultimate birdie-win from death. Cool, 2 down with 3 to go with no driver, still screwed.

Bust out the hybrid on 16, and slaughter it. Goes a bit high in the breeze but still get a good 210 out of it. He high-toes it and I outdrive him by 5m! He pulls 3 wood and pulls 3 wood. Into the pines left. Door still open. Hit a low sliding cut around the "signature Cypress" to 100m out. He hits the last branch trying to get out, and it drops around 50 short. I knock mine on to 20 feet. His pitch runs about 15 feet past. We both take 2 putts and it's now 1 down with 2 to play.

17th, 343m par 4 but tees a little forward, so playing maybe 335. Slaughter the hybrid. I mean like Jack the Ripper hasn't slaughtered better. He flails a 3 wood into the right rough and it looks like it could be in trouble. It's OK, but he has to hit a 10m cut with a 9 iron / wedge. Catches it a little heavy and falls in the long rough about 20m short. I've got 79m to flag. 58° to the fore. Hit it crisp and it hunts the flag like a hungry dog. One bounce, 2 bounces, stop on a dime. 8 inches short. Opponent concedes the putt (silly bastard, clearly doesn't know me!) and it's all square down the last.

18th, 184m par 3. Hit a good 3 iron at the right edge but the wind doesn't hit it enough and it catches the edge and bounces right down onto fairway, but pin high. Opponent hits something onto the front left corner, about 30 feet away. I've got a bit of green to work with but as soon as it gets on its ALL down hill. Tricky chip. Hit the PW onto the edge of the green and it starts tracking like the hungry dog from the last hole. It's looking good, it's looking good, IT'S LOOKING IN!!!!..... Bitch! In the last foot it just straightens enough to slide past the cup and finish 8 inches dead behind the hole. Opponent concedes putt again (Seriously, clearly doesn't know me) and he leaves his putt for bird dead in the jaws 12 inches short. Halved in pars and we're off to the playoff hole.

1st - Dogleg left, 335m. Nuke another hybrid, taking on the corner and leaving my self 110m out. He BOMBS driver over the corner, and I'd say he's got maybe 60m left at most. Time for something special. Pull out the 54° and hit it well, but the wind doesn't quite affect it as much as I think it will, but it's still centre of green, about 20 feet. He steps up to his ball and as soon as I hear the sound I know he's semi-thinned it. Here we go! It settles long left of the green in some of the gnarliest rough we have. Opponent studies about 5 different ways to play the shot, finally settling on the 8 iron bump 'n' run. Chips it well into the bank and it pops up and trickles down to around 4 foot. I'm looking at my putt from every angle. It looks straight. It can't be, that putt doesn't exist at Portland! I settle on left edge and step up. It tracks, it sways, it bends, it bends back, it bends some more, it catches the inside left edge, does the 360 of the cup before sitting on the lip for what feels like an eternity (but was most likely 0.03 of a second) and drops in. That's game, Hendrix!

So I've birdied 3 of the last 5 under the gun to steal the game. Play the six-time club champ in the final in a fortnights time. Should be a humdinger!!!

I feel as though Nuffie wrote that

LeftyHoges
7th March 2016, 03:59 PM

*Nuffie voice on* "Aw gee Brad, didn't you like my story?"

rubin
7th March 2016, 04:19 PM

It's not detailed enough for nuffie

Hard_Pan
7th March 2016, 04:23 PM
Excellent. Reminds me of coming back from 5 down with five to go to win in 32 holes in a grades champs final a couple of years ago. Different league though. I still had all my clubs! :)

I'm printing this and posting it up in my office. I need all the inspiration I can get for my comps this weekend!

Hatchman
7th March 2016, 06:04 PM
Extra holes, thought you weirdos had count backs with ties 😝?

Seriously, well done Left one 🤗. Great fight back. Now take this out.

Dcanto
7th March 2016, 06:42 PM
Well done Lefty. Count yourself lucky your opponent conceded those putts. ;)

Good luck for the final.

highballin
7th March 2016, 06:44 PM
Well done Lefty enjoyed the report. I'm tired now need a little lie down

Lagerlover
7th March 2016, 06:54 PM
I think we know what happened on 5.

12 !!!

Everyone knows that, apart from PeteyD...

Johnno
7th March 2016, 07:05 PM
Only 2 inches?Well, aren't you a lucky boy then? 8) That's only when it's set up like my clubs - 3 papers and thick rubber

3Puttpete
7th March 2016, 07:21 PM
12 !!!

Everyone knows that, apart from PeteyD...

Let's move on from that round

LeftyHoges
7th March 2016, 07:35 PM
Had to go take some happy snaps of the position on 15.

From death:
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160307/97e12863466f322557a0d5dc15b505a0.jpg

And behind the green:
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160307/c78796a24a1adb607513f363b89722c9.jpg

Hatchman
7th March 2016, 07:40 PM
Someone's still got a chubby ��

What irons and ball you playing Left one?

LeftyHoges
7th March 2016, 07:56 PM
Someone's still got a chubby í*½í¸œ

What irons and ball you playing Left one?

Will take a while to get rid of.

Mizzy MP-68's and TM Tour Preferred.

Johnny Canuck
7th March 2016, 08:32 PM

I thought the same thing!

Nice work Hoges.

360° lip in. You remain the world's luckiest golfer.

75/73 - 35 points for me.

Clearly hurt by only hitting 3/14 fairways this week, as opposed to last week's 5/14 effort that got me 71/68.

Tried to buy a new driver shaft but couldn't even get that right and got pipped by Pauly.

Hopefully I reverse the trend as the WA Amateur is next on the agenda.

Hatchman
7th March 2016, 09:01 PM
Will take a while to get rid of.

Mizzy MP-68's and TM Tour Preferred.

Serious question: Do you think you would have been able to hit the right shape with non blades?
I've found I really struggle to work the ball with modern irons.

LeftyHoges
7th March 2016, 09:13 PM
Serious question: Do you think you would have been able to hit the right shape with non blades?
I've found I really struggle to work the ball with modern irons.

I could, but I pride myself on being able to work the ball, BIG, in both directions. It would've required slightly different technique though.

Slothman
8th March 2016, 02:52 PM
Hopefully I reverse the trend as the WA Amateur is next on the agenda.

Where and when this being played JC??

Blackhelmo
8th March 2016, 07:56 PM
95/75 MM Cabo. Lost point 3 off cap , so now 18 Happy days

jimandr
9th March 2016, 05:01 PM
A terrible 27 points today. Looks like my purple patch of form lasted precisely one round.

Nothing was quite working today, and i found it hard to string together 2 good shots in a row. All the putts that have been going in stayed out today, and I'm really struggling from the sand. Twice I thinned it from bunker to another bunker, including on my last hole. A round best forgotten.

G.K
9th March 2016, 06:33 PM
My streak was short lived also. Dismal 25 points today. One again couldn't make decent contact with any of my irons, missing greens from within 130m, had a number of 3 jabs too. But I went in numerous green side bunkers and got out of all of them with minimal fuss, not making worse than bogey. Go figure! I almost think I'd rather go back to having my atrocious bunker game in exchange for being able to hit my irons properly again. Was a bit embarrassing, playing with 3 old boys, on one par 5, they all had to wait for me to play my third shot before they played their second. :oops: The worst part was I hadn't actually missed the fairway, with either of my first two shots!

simmsy
9th March 2016, 06:43 PM
I'm looking fwd to Friday [emoji6]

G.K
9th March 2016, 06:52 PM
:lol:

Turns out that a topped driver, followed by a topped 3 hybrid doesn't even get you to the fairway bunker on 13. Still managed to scramble for a 6 though :wink:

oldracer
9th March 2016, 07:07 PM
A terrible 27 points today. Looks like my purple patch of form lasted precisely one round.

Nothing was quite working today, and i found it hard to string together 2 good shots in a row. All the putts that have been going in stayed out today, and I'm really struggling from the sand. Twice I thinned it from bunker to another bunker, including on my last hole. A round best forgotten.you and Adam Scott Jimbo, gotta be some synergy there!!!!!

oldracer
9th March 2016, 07:08 PM
My streak was short lived also. Dismal 25 points today. One again couldn't make decent contact with any of my irons, missing greens from within 130m, had a number of 3 jabs too. But I went in numerous green side bunkers and got out of all of them with minimal fuss, not making worse than bogey. Go figure! I almost think I'd rather go back to having my atrocious bunker game in exchange for being able to hit my irons properly again. Was a bit embarrassing, playing with 3 old boys, on one par 5, they all had to wait for me to play my third shot before they played their second. :oops: The worst part was I hadn't actually missed the fairway, with either of my first two shots!gotta watch out for us old boys GK!!!! just lurking

Hatchman
9th March 2016, 11:09 PM
What scores are needed for a good streak?

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160309/a7cdacbbb0b6038a1e0ce129979ad8f1.jpg

G.K
9th March 2016, 11:27 PM
I'd say that qualifies. Some pretty solid shooting there.

Not on the meldonium are you?

Hatchman
9th March 2016, 11:34 PM
I'd say that qualifies. Some pretty solid shooting there.

Not on the meldonium are you?

Na, I don't grunt.

highballin
10th March 2016, 12:22 AM
What scores are needed for a good streak?

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160309/a7cdacbbb0b6038a1e0ce129979ad8f1.jpg

I'd settle for them scores Hatch.Very consistent that must be very satisfying!

jimandr
10th March 2016, 10:30 AM
I'd settle for them scores Hatch.Very consistent that must be very satisfying!

You clearly don't read many of Hatch's posts, HB.

I don't recall him ever being satisfied with a round of golf. But at least we can discount his complaints about hitting his anchor for a while.

Hatchman
10th March 2016, 11:39 AM
Streak over with a massive thud at Blackwood. Match report later.

highballin
10th March 2016, 12:46 PM
You clearly don't read many of Hatch's posts, HB.

I don't recall him ever being satisfied with a round of golf. But at least we can discount his complaints about hitting his anchor for a while.

You do have a good point there Jim

mrbluu
10th March 2016, 01:37 PM

Are you guys twins [emoji13]

Hatchman
10th March 2016, 09:54 PM
Blackwood this morning with Hippo10.

Broke the run of steady form in fine style with every thing not working or going wrong. Hit a lot of poor shots and payed big time for the miss. Driver was way off from where it's been the last 2 months (maybe it's spat the dummy about the G Spot LS purchase on the way). Couldnt keep head still when putting today resulting in many push, pulls and stabby strokes all missing of course.
2x gash cuts OOB, 2x unplayables from holing out in yakkas (one on the reload after OOB��) and 2 stroke penalty for hitting my bag trying to chop one out of a bush backed up with a hosel rocket once down near the green added to the sh!t pile.
Still an enjoyable day none the less with great company on a great golf course.

Stats
25pts
6/14 Effective drives
5 GIR
30 putts for 16 holes
0x birdies, 2x pickup, 2x double, 2x OOB, 2x unplayable, 1x 3 stab, 1x hosel rocket

jimandr
11th March 2016, 05:27 PM
40 points for me at Ballina today. For the one person who takes an interest in my scores, the last three in sequence are 42, 27 and 40. How's that for consistency?

I'm going to go into Hatchman style detail of this round, because it had everything (except long driving, and backspin with short irons, of course).

First seven holes, 7 regulation pars. No great shots next to the pin, but every shot was good. Golf seemed easy.

I missed the 8th fairway, had to hit a semi-punch around a tree, which finished next to a greenside bunker in GUR. Took a drop, and holed the chip. 1 under after 8. I hit some dusty approaches on the next 2, but got up and down. Still 1 under after 10. I missed the 11th green into a bunker, hit a great bunker shot, but missed the 5 footer. Even par.

12 is a 125m, uphill par 3. Perfect 7 iron. A perfect shank. Bunted that one out near the green, then shanked my sand wedge chip. Wipe for 2 over. From there things weren't so exciting, but I kept getting up and down after missing greens except for one hole, which I threeputted for double. Except for that 3jack, I putted really well all day.

So, four over, with two doubles. I'm still quite happy though.

Stats (just to continue the Hatch format)
40pts
12/14 effective drives
9 GIR
29 putts
1 birdie, 2 doubles, 1 3stab, 2 hosels

coalesce
11th March 2016, 05:33 PM
Nice round Jim.

What is the definition of an effective drive anyway?

Hatchman
11th March 2016, 05:33 PM
40 points for me at Ballina today. For the one person who takes an interest in my scores, the last three in sequence are 42, 27 and 40. How's that for consistency?

I'm going to go into Hatchman style detail of this round, because it had everything (except long driving, and backspin with short irons, of course).

First seven holes, 7 regulation pars. No great shots next to the pin, but every shot was good. Golf seemed easy.

I missed the 8th fairway, had to hit a semi-punch around a tree, which finished next to a greenside bunker in GUR. Took a drop, and holed the chip. 1 under after 8. I hit some dusty approaches on the next 2, but got up and down. Still 1 under after 10. I missed the 11th green into a bunker, hit a great bunker shot, but missed the 5 footer. Even par.

12 is a 125m, uphill par 3. Perfect 7 iron. A perfect shank. Bunted that one out near the green, then shanked my sand wedge chip. Wipe for 2 over. From there things weren't so exciting, but I kept getting up and down after missing greens except for one hole, which I threeputted for double. Except for that 3jack, I putted really well all day.

So, four over, with two doubles. I'm still quite happy though.

40pts
12/14 effective drives
9 GIR
29 putts

If you had anymore luck your name would be Canuck

Dotty
11th March 2016, 05:34 PM
It was easier in the days of telegrams ...

40 points stop 2 hosels stop

highballin
11th March 2016, 06:13 PM
94/79 Gailes Dingo

40putts, 4 fluffed chips, 11/15 Fairways, 4 GIR, 5x3putts

Hatchman
11th March 2016, 06:20 PM
Nice round Jim.

Remind me tomorrow and I'll and show you some examples.

simmsy
11th March 2016, 07:09 PM
35points today.
friggin hard earned too.
front 9 - 0 fairways / 2 gir - 16 points
back 9 - 3 fairways / 2 gir - 19 points
2 poached in bunker faces
2 putts sitting 1/2 over the lip of the cup
1 chip lipped out
18 holes of watching GK hit another best round at MGGC
4 holes of watching GK totally cold top his tee shot and making par each time

jimandr
11th March 2016, 10:52 PM
Nice round Jim.

AndyP invented it, but I use it to describe either drives on the fairway or a good drive that finished very close to the fairway in a good position. There are two holes at Ballina where if the pin is in a tucked behind the bunker position, a drive right down the edge of the fairway is the ideal. So if I'm a yard off the fairway on those holes I count it as effective. There is also a hole where I can be on the fairway, but blocked for my next shot by a tree, so I don't count that, even though the ball might be on the fairway. I also don't count 100m skyers or duffs as effective.

I only put it in because Hatchman did. I don't really place much importance on stats.

Shadesy
11th March 2016, 11:16 PM
I'm looking fwd to Friday [emoji6]

More sandbagging?

Hard_Pan
12th March 2016, 11:45 AM
Went down 4:3 in the NH Club Champs matchplay today.. :( one chip and one putt beats one chip and two putts.. all day long. Putts were OK; it was the chips.

highballin
12th March 2016, 02:02 PM
Went down 4:3 in the NH Club Champs matchplay today.. :( one chip and one putt beats one chip and two putts.. all day long. Putts were OK; it was the chips.

Bad luck HP.

Chip & Putt is where it's at!

Johnno
12th March 2016, 03:33 PM

Unlucky HP.

+/- to par round today. Shot out the gates to be +5 after 5 but slowly leaked them back to finish +1.

blurry
12th March 2016, 03:43 PM
80/72 at Penrith today in the monthly medal, 40 front 40 back .
4 missed putts between 6-8 feet, :neutral: , 2 for bird 2 for par.
dropped the g30 for bio cell +, set at 10.5 with tipped regular shaft , its a keeper

coalesce
12th March 2016, 04:31 PM
23 points for me today at Wirrina with Hatchman, Chilled & wazamac

It was a particularly horrendous front 9 of 8 points. I blame 3hrs sleep after a few Adelaide Fringe shows last night and a few beers to go with it

Thankfully I scored better on the back 9 - not entirely sure how as I was still hitting it badly but I'll take it

Slug
12th March 2016, 04:49 PM
32 points today, 15 front/17 back with 3 wipes.
dont think i had a single GIR today, everything there abouts, just never on the green.
lucky its a long weekend and ive got 2 rounds to go to improve!

Courty
12th March 2016, 05:20 PM
82/77 at Mareeba this morning with Solarman & the Bushinator.
It was all short game that let me down. Saving par after missing greens is quite difficult on the small, firm push-up greens up there. I just couldn't get close enough often enough to make the putts.

Hatchman
12th March 2016, 07:22 PM
Stableford @ Wirrina

Frustrating day on a course I'm not a fan of still. Lipped out for par on the 1st hole of the day from 4 foot and it didn't improve on the greens from there. Apart from 3 holes that were easily wiped from woeful drives the ball striking was better than the score. Made one putt from 3-8 foot all day resulting in 28pts

oldracer
12th March 2016, 08:27 PM
Nice round Jim.

What is the definition of an effective drive anyway?isn't it off the short stuff but still a good 2nd shot at the pin/layup 3rd shot?????

LarryLong
12th March 2016, 11:22 PM
A mediocre 31 points today, with 6 3-point pars. As per usual, I drove the ball really well, but sprayed the irons and couldn't chip to save myself. A few three jabs in there as well, the greens are a bit fluffy and super slow at the moment and I don't putt well when it's like that.

I'm still hitting my irons with a 10-20m draw, and I hate it so much. Even more so when my best shot for the day was a 185m approach shot that I aimed at the right hand side bunker and absolutely flushed - straight where I was aiming.

Flugalbinder
13th March 2016, 07:52 AM
73/71 at cairns played fairly easy with front tees and ball in hand.

Flugalbinder
13th March 2016, 07:54 AM
82/77 at Mareeba this morning with Solarman & the Bushinator.
It was all short game that let me down. Saving par after missing greens is quite difficult on the small, firm push-up greens up there. I just couldn't get close enough often enough to make the putts.how are the greens up their I hear the club can only afford to pay the green keeper for 20 hrs a wk.

Courty
13th March 2016, 08:19 AM
how are the greens up their I hear the club can only afford to pay the green keeper for 20 hrs a wk.

I don't know anything about the green keeper, but the greens were furry, slow & grainy. There's a temp on 15 (disease) and the 7th is rooted. I hope they get them in better shape for the Classic & Open next month.

davidw88
13th March 2016, 08:00 PM
79/76 same on Saturday and Sunday

rubin
14th March 2016, 05:27 PM
had possibly the worst round in recent years on the weekend.

In hindsight, I wasn't striking it bad, I just had some incredibly bad luck throughout the round, which lead to even more problems. Finished with 23 points, and that was a grind to get as well:

- 10th hole (my 1st), hit a sprinkler head off the tee (just right of cenre) and got a 45* bounce into the cack right.
- 12th hole, a slight pull left off the tee, which should have been fwy bunker - if not for it hitting a rake,an going deep left.
- 13th hole, hit the flag stick, and came back into the bunker.
- 17th hole, nailed driver, and ball finished dead centre, less than 100m out, in the deepest unrepaired divot I've ever seen - had to really chop at it to get it out.

and I can keep going. by 2 holes after the turn, I'd lost interest in playing completely, but I guess you get those days every now and then.

hanging out to get back out there though - anyone know where I can buy a box of luck?

Johnny Canuck
14th March 2016, 06:17 PM
had possibly the worst round in recent years on the weekend.

In hindsight, I wasn't striking it bad, I just had some incredibly bad luck throughout the round, which lead to even more problems. Finished with 23 points, and that was a grind to get as well:

- 10th hole (my 1st), hit a sprinkler head off the tee (just right of cenre) and got a 45* bounce into the cack right.
- 12th hole, a slight pull left off the tee, which should have been fwy bunker - if not for it hitting a rake,an going deep left.
- 13th hole, hit the flag stick, and came back into the bunker.
- 17th hole, nailed driver, and ball finished dead centre, less than 100m out, in the deepest unrepaired divot I've ever seen - had to really chop at it to get it out.

and I can keep going. by 2 holes after the turn, I'd lost interest in playing completely, but I guess you get those days every now and then.

hanging out to get back out there though - anyone know where I can buy a box of luck?

Hoges has a ton of luck. Ask him for some.

Rodent
14th March 2016, 10:40 PM
Shot 76 at Liverpool with two 3 putts. Best score in ages.

mrbluu
14th March 2016, 10:46 PM
Shot 76 at Liverpool with two 3 putts. Best score in ages.

Welcome back flusha!!!

highballin
16th March 2016, 08:10 PM
Interesting day today. Started on the 10th nice drive nice hybrid just short of green.

Just had a short chip over the bunker to a front pin, I think great been practicing exactly this sort of chip.

So take a nice easy backswing have look where the ball is going to land before I hit it, dig blade of lobby into grass a couple of inches behind ball and then pop over the top of ball without touching it.

Next one fluff it into bunker, then spray it out of bunker into jungle behind green, somehow manage to get out of jungle then chip onto green and miss a 3ft putt so take a 9 for my first hole. Never played with these guys before so made a great first impression:shock:

1st 9 (back9) 47
2nd 9 (front 9) 41

88 nett 73

14/14 effective drives, 30putts, 2x3putts

Hatchman
16th March 2016, 09:00 PM
14/14 Ef drives, Jetspeed forever [emoji3]

highballin
16th March 2016, 09:05 PM
14/14 Ef drives, Jetspeed forever [emoji3]

No it was actually my Titliest 913D2. Had the reserve set in play

Hatchman
16th March 2016, 09:36 PM
No it was actually my Titliest 913D2. Had the reserve set in play

Tities are best :)

KristianJ
18th March 2016, 03:10 PM
36 points (16/20) at Richmond this morning. 2 birdies on 11 and 14, and 2 points over the last 3 holes (shank and lost ball on the last as part of that).

Dangals
18th March 2016, 03:43 PM
36 points (16/20) at Richmond this morning. 2 birdies on 11 and 14, and 2 points over the last 3 holes (shank and lost ball on the last as part of that).

34 points for me in the same group which should have been oh so much better as I had 6 bogeys pretty much all caused by bad chipping and a shaky putt on the 5th.

KJ's shank nearly took my head off as I was standing about 15 ft away on about a 90 degree angle and all of a sudden the ball just rockets past my head! Shame mate as you were having a blinder of a back nine.

Hatchman
18th March 2016, 04:08 PM

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160318/f2238ab544d44b8c8736ea4cf44fc1b5.jpg

KristianJ
18th March 2016, 04:29 PM
I'd rather focus on the shank and the danger that I placed Dan under, Hatchy...

jimandr
18th March 2016, 05:52 PM
40pts
12/14 effective drives
9 GIR
29 putts

I'm quoting the stats of my previous round so that very clever readers can see the differences between last week's round and todays.

30pts
12/14 effective drives
7 GIR
37 putts
1 birdie, 2 doubles, 4 3-putts, no hosels (thankfully)

I hit the ball quite well today, but just couldn't get anything done around and on the greens. My long putting was awful, and I couldn't get the chips close enough to hole anything.

This was an unusual round in one respect though. I had two threes, one four (on a par 5) and fifteen fives. There are 10 par 4's, and I bogied all 10. I guess no sixes is a positive, I suppose.

3Puttpete
18th March 2016, 05:55 PM
2 extra GIR is worth 10 points to you? You really should work on your approaches

Hatchman
18th March 2016, 06:01 PM
I'm quoting the stats of my previous round so that very clever readers can see the differences between last week's round and todays.

30pts
12/14 effective drives
7 GIR
37 putts
1 birdie, 2 doubles, 4 3-putts, no hosels (thankfully)

I hit the ball quite well today, but just couldn't get anything done around and on the greens. My long putting was awful, and I couldn't get the chips close enough to hole anything.

This was an unusual round in one respect though. I had two threes, one four (on a par 5) and fifteen fives. There are 10 par 4's, and I bogied all 10. I guess no sixes is a positive, I suppose.

It's plain and obvious. No hosel rockets is where you went wrong :razz:.

Courty
18th March 2016, 06:07 PM
78 gross for 35pts in the Navy Social GC March round at Mareeba GC this morning. I started with a double and finished the front nine 6 over, then consolidated and played the back nine in even par (1 bogey, 1 birdie). The winner (also in my group) cruised to 41pts and the win. My 35 was good enough for second. I also won the long drive and jagged the members draw for a total of $120 in Golf World vouchers. 8)

Hatchman
18th March 2016, 06:27 PM
78 gross for 35pts in the Navy Social GC March round at Mareeba GC this morning. I started with a double and finished the front nine 6 over, then consolidated and played the back nine in even par (1 bogey, 1 birdie). The winner (also in my group) cruised to 41pts and the win. My 35 was good enough for second. I also won the long drive and jagged the members draw for a total of $120 in Golf World vouchers. 8)

Well done.
Should be able to buy a new set of Brosnans with those $ :razz:

Courty
19th March 2016, 02:52 PM
I played Par in the slop at Cairns this morning with Solarman. Conditions were as you would expect after 100mm of rain in the last few days, and almost 300mm for the month so far (preferred lies, bunkers GUR, casual water everywhere). I'm amazed we didn't lose more balls to plugging, particularly in the rough.

Anyhow, I started poorly (again) with a couple of -'s, righted the ship for a bit then had a couple more sloppy -'s to turn at -2. Got it going a bit on the second nine with a couple of birdies and was square after 17, but a poor chip on the last cost me and I finished at -1.

Funniest thing happened on the 18th (our 9th). Solarman was playing his 3rd shot from the 10th Ladies tee box (:roll:). He shanked it hard right and hit one of his own solar panels on the clubhouse roof. :lol:

Eag's
19th March 2016, 02:58 PM
I played Par in the slop at Cairns this morning with Solarman. Conditions were as you would expect after 100mm of rain in the last few days, and almost 300mm for the month so far (preferred lies, bunkers GUR, casual water everywhere). I'm amazed we didn't lose more balls to plugging, particularly in the rough.

Anyhow, I started poorly (again) with a couple of -'s, righted the ship for a bit then had a couple more sloppy -'s to turn at -2. Got it going a bit on the second nine with a couple of birdies and was square after 17, but a poor chip on the last cost me and I finished at -1.

Funniest thing happened on the 18th (our 9th). Solarman was playing his 3rd shot from the 10th Ladies tee box (:roll:). He shanked it hard right and hit one of his own solar panels on the clubhouse roof. :lol:

Lol silly bugger, I bet you lost it :lol:

3Puttpete
19th March 2016, 03:07 PM

The gift that keeps on giving

davidw88
19th March 2016, 03:40 PM
33 Points, Greens have just been cored so putting was a bit iffy.

coalesce
19th March 2016, 04:41 PM
32 points today at North Haven with Hard_Pan, Hatchman and Chilled

I definitely preferred the front 9, bringing home 20 points before the wheels fell off somewhat for 12 on the back 9 ;)

Hatchman
19th March 2016, 06:38 PM
North Haven Stableford.

Couldn't put it play off the tee. When I did I f**ked the next shot up. Couldn't pitch, couldn't chip and couldn't put a putt near the intended line. The perfect recipe for a bad score. Enjoyed the company and got to see Hard Pan have a very good one (birdie machine).

Debut game for the G-spot LS with the stock tour stiff. Bit difficult to get a good gauge as wasn't swinging anything well today and wasn't sure which side of the fairway I should try to favour. Played it at std 10.5 loft and was quite happy with the trajectory. Was getting most in the middle but out of the top half of the face. All but 1 of the missed fairways were left which is unusual for me. Need to get it out onto the home track.

Stats
25pts
SFA effective drives
Bugged all GIR
Heaps of putts
No hosel rockets
No birdies for the 3rd week, drought on ��

LeftyHoges
19th March 2016, 07:12 PM
An adventurous day for me out on course this morning. Took out a cart with the intention of just cruising around and getting some feel back in my game and not tiring myself out for club champs final tomorrow. To say I took it a little easy is an understatement. Hit off the 10th and doubled it, trying to play a hero shot I normally wouldn't, then doubled the par 3 11th getting aggressive on a chip I normally wouldn't. Had to hole a 20 footer for par on 12 before missing a 6 footer for par on 13 and 3 jacking 14 for bogey too.

Standing on the 15th tee at 6 over, I thought "shit, I'd actually better pull my finger out and play!" I snagged a 4 footer on 15 for par and I was off. 15 footer for bird on 16, 3 footer for bird on 17, left a 25 footer for bird on 18 literally 1/4 roll short, dead in the jaws. Turned at 4 over, decent recovery.

20 footer for bird on the 1st, curling 8 footer for par on 2, reg par on 3, and a massive sliding 15 footer for bird on 4. Back to 2 over.

Shoved a 6 footer for par on 5, but knocked it to a foot on 6 for bird to get it back.

Hit driver, 3 iron on 7 to 15 feet and canned the eagle putt! So I've played the last 10 holes in -6 to get back to square!

And of course I bogeyed the pissy little 128m downhill par 3 8th, didn't I!?

Reg par on the last completed a bizarre 73 for 36 points.

backintheswing
19th March 2016, 07:14 PM
An adventurous day for me out on course this morning. Took out a cart with the intention of just cruising around and getting some feel back in my game and not tiring myself out for club champs final tomorrow. To say I took it a little easy is an understatement. Hit off the 10th and doubled it, trying to play a hero shot I normally wouldn't, then doubled the par 3 11th getting aggressive on a chip I normally wouldn't. Had to hole a 20 footer for par on 12 before missing a 6 footer for par on 13 and 3 jacking 14 for bogey too.

Standing on the 15th tee at 6 over, I thought "shit, I'd actually better pull my finger out and play!" I snagged a 4 footer on 15 for par and I was off. 15 footer for bird on 16, 3 footer for bird on 17, left a 25 footer for bird on 18 literally 1/4 roll short, dead in the jaws. Turned at 4 over, decent recovery.

20 footer for bird on the 1st, curling 8 footer for par on 2, reg par on 3, and a massive sliding 15 footer for bird on 4. Back to 2 over.

Shoved a 6 footer for par on 5, but knocked it to a foot on 6 for bird to get it back.

Hit driver, 3 iron on 7 to 15 feet and canned the eagle putt! So I've played the last 10 holes in -6 to get back to square!

And of course I bogeyed the pissy little 128m downhill par 3 8th, didn't I!?

Reg par on the last completed a bizarre 73 for 36 points.

We're all waiting with anticipation for you to post in the gross gun thread.

LeftyHoges
19th March 2016, 07:42 PM
We're all waiting with anticipation for you to post in the gross gun thread.

Nope. Slope Played to 2.8. No good here.

Hard_Pan
19th March 2016, 10:12 PM
Had practically the mirror image of Hatch's round at NH today (43 points). Where his putts missed, mine sunk. Where his chips lobbed short or ran long, mine were within feet. Can't put my finger on anything I may have done different but I reckon feeling relaxed and not pressured to 'score low' after 8 weeks of pennant, certainly played a part. Oh, and 27 putts for the round might have also had something to do with it.

3Puttpete
20th March 2016, 12:10 PM
32. 3 wipes, 2 from middle of the fairway

KristianJ
20th March 2016, 01:07 PM
30 points at Windsor this morning (14/16).

Started well with 2 pars, and birdied the 14th, but otherwise not a lot to write home about.

coalesce
20th March 2016, 04:39 PM
Mirror image of yesterday with a shite front 9 of 11 points and then a back 9 of 18 to save myself from the Bob. 2 holes where I scored 4 for 4 helped :)

Slug
20th March 2016, 08:18 PM
had my best round off the stick ever today. 81 gross, 61 nett. 39 front 42 back.
45 points (25 front, 20 back)
28 putts, 5/13 fairways hit, and those that didnt were near misses mostly.
missed some short chips late in the round which cost me and extra putt or 2.
all in all, great round for me, the handicapper didnt miss me though!!

Johnny Canuck
20th March 2016, 08:21 PM
had my best round off the stick ever today. 81 gross, 61 nett. 39 front 42 back.

Great job Sluggo.

Flugalbinder
20th March 2016, 09:15 PM
78 gross for 35pts in the Navy Social GC March round at Mareeba GC this morning. I started with a double and finished the front nine 6 over, then consolidated and played the back nine in even par (1 bogey, 1 birdie). The winner (also in my group) cruised to 41pts and the win. My 35 was good enough for second. I also won the long drive and jagged the members draw for a total of $120 in Golf World vouchers. 8)nice little pick up there. Spoke with john today him and a couple of boys from ryde parra are going to come up for the city of cairns. Should be a good wkend will be a strong field cairns has some real good players at the moment and they also have the best green keeper round Brendan will have them greens shmiko by the time august comes around.

Johnno
20th March 2016, 09:17 PM

Nice scoring mate.

I had 36pts today. Good front 9 aside from 2 wipes for 19 and 17 on the back with a few lose shots, cored greens didn't help either.
Pretty dirty on myself for how I played the last. Set myself the goal of reaching a single figure handicap when I started playing again around 18mths ago, sat around 20 for most of the year thinking it was a pipe dream but the last 6 months I've dropped 8 shots and was 10.7 before today. Waiting for the green to clear on the last before my tee shot it hit me that a par would see me finish with 38 pts which would probably be enough to get me under 10, subsequently stood over the ball to long , told myself to back off but then thought nah it will be alright and ended up pushing one right into the drink, decent chip but burnt the hole with the putt and ended up with a badly timed double. Guess I'll see tomorrow how much it cost me.

jimandr
23rd March 2016, 05:42 PM
Many times over the years I have made posts lamenting an ordinary score after hitting the ball well. Today's round was the opposite.

78 nett 70 in the midweek medal, on a very soft course due to a fair bit of rain over the last few days. Preferred lies through the green.

A few stats to savour. 6 over off the stick, but a grand total of 4 GIR, 28 putts and 7 of 9 genuine chances of up and down. My short game has hardly ever been better than it was today.

TourFit
23rd March 2016, 05:49 PM
Dropped 1.2 off the 'cap in just over a fortnight (two were scoring flagged rounds and Sunday...well we won't mention Sunday).

Went from 9.8 to 9.3 after 38pts, and then Sat went from 9.3 to 8.7 after a Nett 71 (Scr 73).

Lowest 'cap in TWO YEARS!!! (But still feel like a chopper).

Johnno
25th March 2016, 12:44 PM
36 again. 17/19. Not good enough with the putter. Couldn't convince myself to hit hard enough on recently cored long greens. Out of 84 strokes id say mid to high 30s were putts.

Slowly slowly creeping towards single figures though.

Hatchman
25th March 2016, 08:06 PM
Mount Pleasant with Waz & HP

Another frustrating day swinging the clubs. Irons were terrible hitting blocks, pulls, thins and fat smother pulls. Timing is off and every thing feels dis-jointed with the hip/shoulder turn atm. Aside from an air mail and a blade the wedge game was good. Combine that with a return to some good putting it saved the round from being much worse.
2nd outing with the G-spot LS tour stiff combo. As poor as the swing is atm it does feel easy to hit. Real test will be at home tomorrow.
Was good to break the birdie drought. Streak was 3 rounds without one.

Stats
27pts
6//13 effective drives
3 GIR
27 putts
1x birdie, 3x doubles, 1x 3 jiggle

Quirky stat today with 13pts on the front with 13 putts and 14pts on the back with 14 putts ��

davidw88
25th March 2016, 08:17 PM
31 points, greens still bumpy from being cored but hit it poor.

mrbluu
26th March 2016, 01:49 AM
After almost a 2 week break, played Cabra today on 2 weeks cored greens. My ball striking was terrible, but short game was decent. Only hit 3 fairways and 5 greens all day, but didn't wipe any holes and didn't have a 3 jiggle.

Started by hooking all my tee shots, hit some fairways in the middle of the round and then missed them right at the end of the round.

After birdieing the 11th I had a stretch of 4 straight 1 pointers starting on the 14th. Finished with a 4/3 to finish on a positive.

Stats:

32 points
1 x Birdie
31 putts
3 x fw
5 x gir

goughy
26th March 2016, 12:14 PM
36pts today, bugger me! New first hole and 17th back in play saw me playing off 14 today. But my first game to my hc in 8 years. Yay me!

Friggin weird round though. Finally hit the ball in the air off the tee, but mostly they were a weakish hook of some sort, which kinda floated in their air like a weak slice and didn't travel that far. The result being only 3 fir's today. 10 times I had to punch out of trees off of tee shots. And on my 1st hole I hit that hook with my second (3 wood) resulting in my punching out of trees, and on the 18th I hit that hook with my 4i that also resulted in a punch from the trees (left handed this time). So punched out of trees on 12 holes!! So how I played to my hc is beyond me.

At least the driving range is up a going now so I can spend some time trying to work on my woods. Cause I feel they are costing me a lot a lot a shots.

wazamac
26th March 2016, 01:29 PM
44/36 giving me 14/22 36 points today. Couldn't get a decent drive away on the front nine but scrambled okay and putting decent. Back nine played to even par up until the 18th when I sliced the drive into the dam, luckily it is dry at the moment, chipped out and played my third shot to about 20ft for a bogey.

11 effective drives.
6 GIR.
29 putts.
No 3 jiggles.
No blades.

Hit 3 out of the 4 par 3's in reg today which is a pleasant surprise with an ntp on 10 resulting in a nice birdie.

Slug
26th March 2016, 02:59 PM
played par today, ended +1 after being +3 going into the last 2 holes.
8/13 fairways, only the 1 GIR though.
33 putts, with 4 lipouts. 1 3 putt.
pulled alot of my short irons left today, and no matter how much i tried to realign, kept going left. couldnt fix it no matter what i tried.

highballin
26th March 2016, 04:13 PM
38pts for me today. Hitting crisp irons & wedges for the first time in months on 2nd 9.

Driver pretty reliable, only one fluffed chip and new Yes Stacey putter was solid no 3putts one birdie. Played the par 3's in one under.

3Puttpete
26th March 2016, 04:18 PM
38pts for me today. Hitting crisp irons & wedges for the first time in months on 2nd 9.

Driver pretty reliable, only one fluffed chip and new Yes Stacey putter was solid no 3putts one birdie. Played the par 3's in one under.

backintheswing
26th March 2016, 04:22 PM
38 pts as well. 2 x 3jabs and a lost ball for 73. 3 birds. Depending on DSR may be a played to 0.something

Hard_Pan
26th March 2016, 04:33 PM
Carried over my hoodoo from Mt Pleasant today with a 28 at NH. Suddenly I'm shanking all my approach irons. Shank on the first but saved a par, same on the second but saved two points, same again on the third and ended up too far away to save that one. Semi shank approach on the fourth but somehow saved par.

Semi-shank again on the par three third and wiped again. Saved par on the next two. No shanks on the seventh but a duff for 1 point. 2 points on the 9th.

Ball disappeared in mid air on the 10th - litterally.

Cracked my driver head on the 11th - sounded like a gun shot but ball went nowhere - wiped that hole and the next - mind on the driver.

Great drive with my 3 wood on the 13th but leg-side shank into the trees, again with my 7 iron and then punch out into bunker for one point. Wiped the par 3 14.

Drive ended under a bush I thought I could hit out from but airied it for a ending point (I think?) on the par 5 15th. Parred the 16th. Lipped out for 1 point on the 17th. In the trees but saved 2 points on the last.

But, no three jiggles all day. :)

Also, took the drive straight down to the DG store I bought it from and they confirmed it was a warranty job and will replace it. Good/bad news is Ping are out of G30 heads go I will probably be getting a G. They took the shaft as well - not sure why. 2 1/2 weeks before the replacement is available apparently..

KristianJ
26th March 2016, 04:33 PM
35 points for me today at Richmond (18/17). 2 birdies, 1 wipe, 1 x 3 putt (I think).

Hatchman will be pleased to know that I played the last 3 holes at -1.

Captain Nemo
26th March 2016, 04:36 PM
42 pts for me this morning in my last 18 hole comp round at Royal Kogarah (possibly my last comp round as well)! :(

Courty
26th March 2016, 04:36 PM
Posted in the Monthly Mug thread :roll:

35pts (18/17) with a lone wipe at Cairns GC this morning.

The thing that scares me most is that (depending on DSR), I could be off 4.something next round. :shock:

Hatchman
26th March 2016, 05:13 PM
Stroke @ Kapunda

Was looking forward to the 3rd round with the G-spot LS. Enthusiasm soon quelled and day over on the 6 hole :(.
Hosel rocket from fairway 120m out on 2 followed by 2 side across block cuts out of bounds and a fanny with the 3rd tee shot on 6 :smt011.

Hit the irons better than the last couple of rounds but couldn't hit many greens thou.
Wasted a great day with the putter. Holed 4 putts from 10-15, 3 for bogey :oops: 1 for birdie. Grazed the hole with 3 other long ones and left every putt > 15foot within 12" of the hole :roll:
Added a new birdie to the eclectic along with an 11 for the worst holes.
Flag of 7.1 drops out for a 9.7 with no singles left in the rest. Next game at home gets me another shot, farming going well.

Stats
89/82 converts to 31pts:shock:
6/15 effective drives
4 GIR
3 GReens hit from effective drives.
30 putts
x2 birdies, x0 doubles, x1 6over

wazamac
26th March 2016, 06:03 PM
To the Pro Shop for Hard_Pan me thinks.

Flugalbinder
27th March 2016, 08:14 AM
1 under 70 at paradise palms. Picked up jackpot 2's $410 winners cheque and ntp total of $550 and picked up on a all up dj into Louis into speith quick $100 and backed Louis last night to beat speith.

davidw88
27th March 2016, 08:47 AM
Had 33 points yesterday, Had 4 birdies but to many bogeys in between.

oldracer
27th March 2016, 10:29 AM
1 under 70 at paradise palms. Picked up jackpot 2's $410 winners cheque and ntp total of $550 and picked up on a all up dj into Louis into speith quick $100 and backed Louis last night to beat speith.very impressive

wazandnic
27th March 2016, 12:08 PM
42 pts for me this morning in my last 18 hole comp round at Royal Kogarah (possibly my last comp round as well)! :(

Burglar off 10 you!
Nice round though. And why last round??

Captain Nemo
27th March 2016, 12:15 PM
Burglar off 10 you!
Nice round though. And why last round??

Won A Grade, and the 2ball aggregate comps.... ��
Last 18 hole comp, goes to 15 holes from next weekend....
Dropped into Bonnie Doon on the way home......

wazandnic
27th March 2016, 12:18 PM
Ah roger. That will be a debacle, no doubt!

Yeah old man sent me a text, so thought I should check in here... Nice wins!

And👍🏼 re BD 😎

Captain Nemo
27th March 2016, 12:24 PM
Ah roger. That will be a debacle, no doubt!

Yeah old man sent me a text, so thought I should check in here... Nice wins!

And👍🏼 re BD 😎

Your old man?
Keeping tabs on me!!!

wazandnic
27th March 2016, 12:31 PM
He likes to check the papers! Also Think he thought you might have been playing with us tomorrow still and was wanting to be paired with you ��

Captain Nemo
27th March 2016, 12:54 PM
Haha, gold.
Tell him next time we play I'll pair with him!

goughy
27th March 2016, 01:28 PM
I won a ball in the run down! Cool, it's been like a decade. My life is complete.

3Puttpete
27th March 2016, 01:42 PM
22. 6 wipes, 4 1 pointers

Lagerlover
27th March 2016, 01:52 PM
22. 6 wipes, 4 1 pointers JEEBUS... that's almost NAGA stuff!!

Lagerlover
27th March 2016, 01:53 PM
How did did you go on 17?

You know, that hole that is "your bitch".

3Puttpete
27th March 2016, 02:03 PM
JEEBUS... that's almost NAGA stuff!!

Almost. The same as your score

3Puttpete
27th March 2016, 02:03 PM
How did did you go on 17?

You know, that hole that is "your bitch".

It was

Lagerlover
27th March 2016, 02:07 PM
Guy in the office just rang me on the home number...

Wondering why I only filled out half your card???

Flugalbinder
27th March 2016, 02:17 PM
very impressivewent through a sleeve of balls on the front 9 as well but 21 putts for the day always helps.

Courty
27th March 2016, 03:02 PM
1 under 70 at paradise palms. Picked up jackpot 2's $410 winners cheque and ntp total of $550 and picked up on a all up dj into Louis into speith quick $100 and backed Louis last night to beat speith.

How's the new configuration working out? I'll get my first look at it in the Bulls Masters day in a few weeks time.

Flugalbinder
27th March 2016, 04:11 PM
How's the new configuration working out? I'll get my first look at it in the Bulls Masters day in a few weeks time.its good the old 10 new 1 seems to play harder being the first hole. The new 10th is a little gem will play tough from the back markers. The place is in pretty good nick a lot of money being spent there

oldracer
28th March 2016, 02:16 AM
went through a sleeve of balls on the front 9 as well but 21 putts for the day always helps.I can imagine and have done going through heaps of balls there, great scoring

WBennett
28th March 2016, 12:11 PM
Long time since I checked in here.
Teed off at 710, was still dark.
Lazy bogey on 1 for 2 points, then got the round going with 3 pointers on 4-5-6 - par, birdie, par. Then got the tops - topped drive on 7, thinned almost shank on 8, topped drive on 9, but ended up with 20. Not bad considering..

Made an awesome up and down on 10 for 3, then lost my shit again. Missed the fairway off the tee on 12 by ohh, 50m right, then cold topped my 2nd over the water on 13, hitting the bridge and somehow staying dry. I wasn't quite sure where it was going by now, and somehow scrambled pars on 13, 14 and 15, before making a 5/3 on 16. Thoughts of victory crossed my mind. So I hooked a wedge 50m left into the piss for a wipe.

So to 18 - back into a strengthening breeze, missed the fairway left by 50m. Had 180 in from the middle of the 1st fairway, and had to cut it 40m around tall trees. Put it to 20 foot. 2 putt par for 40 points.

78 off the stick, and my best round since May 2014. Its been a while!

davidw88
28th March 2016, 06:59 PM
Played comp and our club handicap matchplay today. Shot 1 under par off the stick 70, 67 nett and lost 5 and 3 to a 10 handicap who had 1 over with 5 birdies.

Slothman
29th March 2016, 01:27 PM
Well I will be damned.

Nearly pulled out of Sat game due to weather...decided to brave it...glad I did.

Birthday Wednesday, long weekend, so was looking forward to playing. Started off great but had a few brain farts on the front nine...16 points with 3 wipes...not bad with only 3 shots that side.

Then the weather came in harder, wind was up blowing directly up and down the course with a gusting side wind...left to right with it, right to left into it. Started bogey on pretty easy Par 3....didn't club down enough, wind had its way with it.

Then the run started. Birdied the 11th, my nemesis hole Par 5. Flubbed the second but recovered well. Par the tricky 12th in tough conditions. Par the real tricky 13th after putting second shot pin high to the right. Called the chip (skip, check and roll to hole in the rain)...tap in par. Good par on the short 14th. Half a foot from staying on the top level for tap in birdie..spun back and rolled down for good 2 putt. Par the 15th after pretty cool approach had me pin high to the right...tough stance. Went past the hole a bit..drained it. Easy par on the long par 5 16th into a stiff head wind. 17th...tough hole..brings me undone usually. Good drive down the guts. Wind kept it short. In between a 4 iron and 5 wood. Pin was back right...not worth going for. If I shoot this past its game over. Hit a solid 4 iron saying if its short "Will just get up and down". Good chip puts it close, easy putt. 18th....great finishing hole. Tough drive but a REAL touch second as if you miss the green left or right by more than a meter....its pretty much lost. Played REAL long into the breeze. Put the drive up in the air. Its in the guts but a long way back. 175 meters to front of the green. Pin is in close. Screw it, its now or never. Rip out the 5 wood. Aim it to the right of the green to allow for draw and wind. Nail it. Can't see the green from where I am , just the flag. Didn't need to see. Twirled the club, smiled, put it back in the bag. 8 foot to the right, tricky putt....drained...birdie.

39 points, with 3 wipes, in shite conditions. 35 off the stick back nine. Never hit to par on a nine before ever...so pretty happy there going one under. 2 ball birdie on the front....and I won the Easter Cup....yeh boi. Not only that but I topped the Gross charts as well....pretty freaking stoked with that.

Even better...5.9 GA HC. Never been that low..never thought I would get that low. Played off 8 for a year or so, got to 7 the other week, 3 rounds later..playing off 6 this week at the Albany..pretty stoked....happy to say all my main goals for golf have now been achieved. Play off single figures, hit par for 9 holes, win a gross event.....looks like I can't play in this years Club Champs qual round on the 30th of April and 7th of march. Can't make either due to prior commitments...but to be honest....pretty chuffed ;)

GK...that Scotty Cameron is a FREAKING WEAPON!!!!!

FuzzyJuzzy
29th March 2016, 05:46 PM
Played comp and our club handicap matchplay today. Shot 1 under par off the stick 70, 67 nett and lost 5 and 3 to a 10 handicap who had 1 over with 5 birdies.

Shafted dude. Sounds like you played plenty well enough to jag a win...

FuzzyJuzzy
29th March 2016, 05:58 PM
38pts at Royal Liverpool yesterday. 16/22. Parred the second 9 (we started on the 10th) and played my last 10 holes in one under the card. Shame I played the first 8 holes in 7 over. Had a 4m putt for bird on my last hole of the day that would've had me break par on 9 holes for first time, but tugged it a little. Been a couple of months since I broke 80, so no complaints.

Slothman
29th March 2016, 06:04 PM

Oh man...that kind of bites. At least they played well though..I mean 1 over is not bad going.

Steve57
29th March 2016, 06:14 PM

Well played and bad luck with the match, but did you know that it is against the Rules of Golf to play both Strokeplay and Matchplay together? Rule 33-1 refers

davidw88
29th March 2016, 06:22 PM
Oh man...that kind of bites. At least they played well though..I mean 1 over is not bad going.

Yeah I play with the bloke I had to play every Saturday, probably the best I have seen him play, Usually only has a bad round because he hits the driver bad but strikes his irons pretty well and putted great he could of even had a few more birdies.

davidw88
29th March 2016, 06:23 PM
Well played and bad luck with the match, but did you know that it is against the Rules of Golf to play both Strokeplay and Matchplay together? Rule 33-1 refers

To tell you the truth I didn't, dont think our club would care as they get the money out of you for the comp.

Steve57
29th March 2016, 06:31 PM
To tell you the truth I didn't, dont think our club would care as they get the money out of you for the comp.
I can understand that but by doing so they are opening a huge can of worms. If they agree to break the Rules of Golf what is stopping any of their members from doing the same and making their own rules?
We allow our members who are playing matchplay to still enter the NTP's and that way the Club still gets a fee, albeit smaller. $7 instead of $10.

Hatchman
29th March 2016, 07:30 PM

Stupid and out dated rule.
As long as the ball is putted out (no gimmes) no harm.

Steve57
29th March 2016, 07:33 PM
Stupid and out dated rule.
As long as the ball is putted out (no gimmes) no harm.
No I disagree. The rules and penalties for each type of play are too different to contemplate a merging of the two.

Hatchman
29th March 2016, 09:16 PM
No I disagree. The rules and penalties for each type of play are too different to contemplate a merging of the two.

Also stupid and outdated rulings having different penalties for same infringement.
Time for the game to get with modern times.

Courty
30th March 2016, 08:34 AM
Playing off my lowest 'cap in a decade, Monday's round (stableford at Cairns GC) was only ever going to go one way. 28pts with 2 wipes.
Although I prefer to blame the distraction of sharing a cart with Solarman. [emoji5]

AndyP
30th March 2016, 09:05 AM
Playing off my lowest 'cap in a decade, Monday's round (stableford at Cairns GC) was only ever going to go one way. 28pts with 2 wipes.
Although I prefer to blame the distraction of sharing a cart with Solarman. [emoji5]
You'll need to get your form back quick to keep that handicap down, with those 3 flags coming up.

Courty
30th March 2016, 09:20 AM
You'll need to get your form back quick to keep that handicap down, with those 3 flags coming up.

I'm glad they're coming off. History shows I won't be able to maintain that standard of play for long.

benno_r
30th March 2016, 09:22 AM
I'm glad they're coming off. History shows I won't be able to maintain that standard of play for long.

Cmon positive Pete. I believe in you!

BrisVegas
30th March 2016, 06:50 PM
Nothing much to report here of late. Since joining Rowes Bay GC 18 months ago it had been lots of frustrating rounds over handicap. Came here on 6 and drifted out to 10. Played off 9 today and finally put together a decent score of 44 point (1 over). Not hitting it as well as I did a few years back, but I'm happy enough to stop the rot. New hcap 7.9, so yay me!

simmsy
30th March 2016, 11:17 PM
A really crappy 32.
never hit driver better, but found every possible way to not score from there on.

bloody annoying prick of a game this is.

TourFit
31st March 2016, 02:54 PM
bloody annoying prick of a game this is.

Never a truer word spoken!