PDA

View Full Version : Callaway SuperSoft Balls

highballin
1st March 2016, 08:35 PM
Won a dozen of these and tried them out today.

For a budget ball I thought they were pretty good. I usually play a Bridgestone E6 so that is what I am comparing them to.

Distance wise no difference but I did like the smack it made off the driver.

Approach shots held up a little better I thought. Greens pretty hard at the moment but all well struck shots stopped reasonably quickly.

Putting was where I did notice a difference these seem to rocket off the putter face. Once I got used to it I quite like it.

All in all not a bad ball for a budget price.

wazamac
1st March 2016, 08:42 PM
Used them for the first time a couple of years ago after a Scramble. I thought they were pretty good. A hell of a lot better than the crap Diablo's that we used to get.
Still got some new ones floating around in my bag that people gave me cause they wouldn't use.

Hatchman
1st March 2016, 08:57 PM
These were given out at the Holden Scrambles so I'd collected a few last year.
I got down to 3 Pro V's at the start of Feb and no cash to re-stock and with the low DSR's while it summer decided not to waste them in club comps.

I've used the Super Softs the last 3 rounds for results of 35,38 and 38 pts :shock:. They were a bit funny in that they didn't check up on chips and pitches like when using the Pro V1 or TM TP but seem to land soft and not run out like expected. Driver and irons go just as good as Pro V1 and TM TP. They don't back spin/zip on full blooded mid & short irons but balls were never more than a foot or two from the pitch mark. Seemed to putt alright for me also. I still have 1/2doz to use up and think I will keep using them until all gone while the course is on the dryer side and the greens are well watered so they don't burn off.

If I went to course with hard and fast greens I would whip the Pro V1 out thou merely for the check.

I've used Bridgey E6's before and they are much firmer than the Super Soft.

simmsy
1st March 2016, 09:46 PM
****ing horrible pieces of shit

Huynhie
1st March 2016, 09:47 PM
Right with you that they roll a lot more when putting then other balls. Realised when on the practice greens and just grabbed a bunch out of my bag. Also find that the side spin on these off drives for hacks like me were a lot more forgiving

Hatchman
1st March 2016, 09:53 PM
Should add no better or worse for that matter than any Srixon ball I've tried.

damoocow
1st March 2016, 09:53 PM
I bought a few dozen when on special and I thought they were pretty good - still using them.