PDA

View Full Version : Refurbishing irons

dsomrox
1st March 2016, 10:24 AM
Hi team
I have a set of Ping Rapture irons that have nicks and scratches on the soles and face. Is there a recommended way of refurbishing them.

Thanks

dsomrox

3oneday
1st March 2016, 10:40 AM
Any Pro should be able to refurb an iron for you, or are you wanting to do it yourself? Once you buy everything you need, it'd be cheaper to take them to someone I reckon.

dsomrox
1st March 2016, 11:08 AM
Happy to do either.
- any ballpark estimate of what a pro would charge?
- what do I need to do it myself

mrbluu
1st March 2016, 11:12 AM
You're wasting your time, the only clubs worth refinishing are a set of tour toppies!!!!

Horse
1st March 2016, 11:17 AM
Just go and make some swings in a bunker......gets the scratches off the sole in no time. Just like DIY sand blast.

Oldplayer
3rd March 2016, 09:11 PM
In the States Ping routinely refurbish their irons by retumbling them. Not sure if it's done here but apparently they come out like new.

goughy
3rd March 2016, 09:21 PM
But I thought that was only the old style pings, say up to i3+. I wouldn't think tumbling the new chrome looking ones would be the way to go.

What's the construction of the rapture irons?

Ned
3rd March 2016, 09:24 PM
http://www.theironfactory.com

Oldplayer
3rd March 2016, 09:32 PM
But I thought that was only the old style pings, say up to i3+. I wouldn't think tumbling the new chrome looking ones would be the way to go.

What's the construction of the rapture irons?
Raptures are the older guyson finish albeit with badges in the cavity.

benno_r
3rd March 2016, 09:44 PM
If it's the first version that just has the CTP, and the small badge they should be able to do it. It's a similar layout to i5's and they do those.

Not sure they do models like the Rapture 2.0 with the massive cavity badging. Ping Aus won't forward your irons though, you'll likely have to find someone in the US to send them in for you.