PDA

View Full Version : Melbourne Trip - August

8081travis
29th February 2016, 04:24 PM
Hey guys

Never played in Melbourne before, heading down in August with a mate. We have 5 days and have locked

Day 1 - Royal Melbourne
Day 2 - Woodlands
Day 3 - Huntingdale
Day 4 - Kingston Heath

Need a recommendation for the last day? Something different or any locals have a gem that might be worth playing?

LoveGolf2012
29th February 2016, 04:26 PM
Hey guys

Never played in Melbourne before, heading down in August with a mate. We have 5 days and have locked

Day 1 - Royal Melbourne
Day 2 - Woodlands
Day 3 - Huntingdale
Day 4 - Kingston Heath

Need a recommendation for the last day? Something different or any locals have a gem that might be worth playing?

Metropolitan ✌️[emoji111]

BGH
29th February 2016, 04:34 PM
Sounds like an expensive trip. For something different I'd head down the Mornington Peninsula and play St Andrews Beach if you don't mind driving for about an hour.

Dotty
29th February 2016, 04:53 PM
Something near the airport.

I find most intentions for the last day get thrown into disarray after commute times are taken into consideration.

3Puttpete
29th February 2016, 05:42 PM
Hey guys

Day 1 - Royal Melbourne
Day 2 - Woodlands
Day 3 - Huntingdale
Day 4 - Kingston Heath

Heritage. Done.

spanner039
29th February 2016, 05:49 PM
I would go st andrews as well, pretty much toll/freeway apart from the 1st 10min to the airport

Heritage is really, really shit at that time of year

Courty
29th February 2016, 05:49 PM
Sounds like an expensive trip. For something different I'd head down the Mornington Peninsula and play St Andrews Beach if you don't mind driving for about an hour.

This.

PerryGroves
29th February 2016, 06:10 PM
Stay the last night at Victoria GC in the clubhouse, dinner, early golf, lunch then head to the airport.

http://www.victoriagolf.com.au/cms/accommodation/stay-at-vgc/

FuzzyJuzzy
29th February 2016, 08:11 PM
If you didn't want to leave the Sandbelt you'd have to go Metro or Victoria, right? I've only played Metro, absolutely loved it.
Maybe save Mornington Peninsula for next time. Not that I've been down, but you'd go through five days just down there, right? Three courses at The National, The Dunes, then St Andrews Beach. One day I'll get there...

Shadesy
29th February 2016, 10:58 PM
Hmmmm got a Wednesday meeting in a few weeks and then going to take the hour drive to StAB in the Arvo.

Never played it and can't wait.

Sydney Hacker
29th February 2016, 11:00 PM
Hmmmm got a Wednesday meeting in a few weeks and then going to take the hour drive to StAB in the Arvo.Never played it and can't wait. Drop me a line when you have the dates and I might be able to keep you company if you like.

Moe Norman
1st March 2016, 12:33 AM
Ditch Huntingdale and do the stay and play at Vic. Far better course and great hospitality.

Then 5th round, Metro or National Old.

backintheswing
1st March 2016, 08:12 AM
I'd be dumping Woodlands altogether.

WBennett
1st March 2016, 08:40 AM
I'd be dumping Woodlands altogether.

I don't get the Woodlands hate.

There are a couple of poor holes, but I really enjoy playing there.

Moe - is it that easy to get on to The National without knowing anyone?

Shadesy
1st March 2016, 08:47 AM
Woodlands is close to my fave course in Australia.

Such a great mixture of short and long 4's, testing 3's and good par 5's.

Maybe it was the company you played with BITS?

PeteyD
1st March 2016, 08:48 AM
I like Woodlands a lot. Could happily play there everyday.

spanner039
1st March 2016, 08:52 AM
Woodlands is close to my fave course in Australia.

Such a great mixture of short and long 4's, testing 3's and good par 5's.

Maybe it was the company you played with BITS?

Pretty sure you were the issue

It is in one hell of lot better shape than when we played - new super is kicking arse

8081travis
1st March 2016, 09:49 AM
Thanks for the feedback, am reciprocal with Woodlands so it stays!!

backintheswing
1st March 2016, 09:58 AM
Yeah I thought there was too many dicky holes. The greens were in really poor shape as well. I suppose it just didn't live up to my expectations.

And the company was great.

8081travis
1st March 2016, 11:22 AM
What area would be best to stay which is good value at night and also close to the Sandbelt courses?

Shadesy
1st March 2016, 11:25 AM
What area would be best to stay which is good value at night and also close to the Sandbelt courses?

Park View Hotel

PeteyD
1st March 2016, 11:51 AM

Park View Hotel

This

8081travis
1st March 2016, 12:28 PM
thanks guys