PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: Bettinardi BB41 Millenium putter DASS with copper inlays

sfdoddsy
26th February 2016, 07:57 PM
Here we have a rare and classic Bettinardi BB41 putter.

This is one of a limited edition of 500 produced to celebrate the new millennium in 2000.

It is milled from a solid block of DASS stainless steel, with copper ingots inlaid into the front and rear.

Supposedly these help add weight and forgiveness, but really they just look very cool.

The shape is the classic BB8 (aka Ping Anser).

Length is 34 inches, and it has a new Superstroke grip. It has a Scotty Cameron headcover just to confuse people.

This has been my gamer since I bought it 10 years ago.

I've treated it well, but there a few signs of use. Nothing major, and nothing visible except up very close.

It has a great feel, looks very cool, and is all around a really nice putter.

I'm asking $350.

Pickup availabe from Surry Hills or I can courier.

TheNuclearOne
26th February 2016, 08:01 PM
I've always wondered, does the mighty DASS feel that much different?

sfdoddsy
26th February 2016, 08:35 PM
DASS feels slightly softer than I expected stainless steel to feel (or at least softer than other stainless putters I've tried) but slightly firmer than an equivalently milled carbon putter.

Having said that I think it is mostly marketing.

But most putter tricks are.

If you look at most 'collector's' putters like Camerons, Bettinardi, TP Mills, Machine etc, for some reason we pay more for what would be considered bad workmanship in any other industry (visible welds, obvious machining marks etc etc).

Lagerlover
26th February 2016, 08:56 PM
Nothing better than personalised..

razaar
27th February 2016, 10:10 AM
Nothing better than personalised..Personalised = keeper = difficult to sell = against spirit of ho'in = not ozgolf.☺