PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy new grips

dowdsy
24th February 2016, 06:49 PM
Looking for some new white/black golf pride multi compounds, GCO has them for 22 each is that about the going rate?

Courty
24th February 2016, 06:52 PM
I just bought 15 at $10.49 each from golfer_aus on eBay.
https://www.ebay.com.au/ulk/itm/141902669848

sprucey
24th February 2016, 06:55 PM
I just bought 10 for $63 delivered on ebay, Mr grips i think is his name is has black and white 13 for $90.

wazamac
24th February 2016, 08:24 PM
Pending the exchange rate, I would go to Golfworks in the USA. Back when the dollar was strong I bought grips on sale for 2 dollars each.

Stuart
25th February 2016, 04:40 PM
I just bought 10 for $63 delivered on ebay (http://www.ebay.com/), Mr grips i think is his name is has black and white 13 for $90.

If the price is significantly below what you think is market value, you have to wonder why ...

There are a plethora of stories about fake Golf Pride grips on Ebay (just Google "Fake golf pride grips on Ebay"), and I would be very cautious about saving a few dollars and getting crummy grips. I'm not saying that any of the above sellers are doing this, but I would do my research very carefully first and not rely on user feedback which is usually written immediately upon receipt of goods and not 6 months down the track when the grips have deteriorated substantially.

I have bought grips through the ProShop and have never had cause for concern about the legitimacy of the product. On Ebay, it is a bit of a crap shoot.

3oneday
25th February 2016, 05:34 PM
I think under $15 is a fair chance they're dodgy, close to $10 is more certain than not, FOR ME.

They're too many on ebay. I bought some from china to compare to one real one I bought. I haven't received them yet.

I didn't buy in bulk but they are about $2 usd per grip if you buy 100 or more I think.

Rest assured they won't be onsold here or ebay if I don't like them. I think I paid $70 for 13, my toppies should love the dressup :)

dowdsy
25th February 2016, 07:57 PM
If the price is significantly below what you think is market value, you have to wonder why ...

There are a plethora of stories about fake Golf Pride grips on Ebay (just Google "Fake golf pride grips on Ebay"), and I would be very cautious about saving a few dollars and getting crummy grips. I'm not saying that any of the above sellers are doing this, but I would do my research very carefully first and not rely on user feedback which is usually written immediately upon receipt of goods and not 6 months down the track when the grips have deteriorated substantially.

I have bought grips through the ProShop and have never had cause for concern about the legitimacy of the product. On Ebay, it is a bit of a crap shoot.
Thanks for the feed back, sent a message to a ebayer asking him if his grips are genuine 24hrs ago (10.95) each and had no reply. Certainly has the alarm bells ringing a bit at 10 bucks each and no reply is making me not pull the trigger on these.

3Puttpete
25th February 2016, 09:20 PM
There's an easy way to work out if they're genuine or not.

Thoughts?

3oneday
25th February 2016, 09:29 PM
Not sure he has them yet.

Apparently they smell like fuel and there are subtle font issues.

Lagerlover
25th February 2016, 09:39 PM
There's an easy way to work out if they're genuine or not.

Thoughts?

Order white and when they arrive they're green?

dowdsy
26th February 2016, 10:20 AM
This is the guy who wont reply to my message, can you let me know what your grips look like when you get them?

Courty
26th February 2016, 10:36 AM
This is the guy who wont reply to my message, can you let me know what your grips look like when you get them?

Yeah will do. I won't get them until next week.

Jerrymoo
26th February 2016, 05:12 PM
Last time I used GolfWorks, I was very disappointed. It took just over 1 month to receive 3 grips, and their customer service was hopeless.

Since then I've used Rhymes With Orange (http://stores.ebay.com.au/rhymes-with-orange-golf) on eBay, and I've been pretty happy.

pauly
1st March 2016, 11:28 AM
www.grips4less.com
american, dhl shipping for like $30, took 3 days to get to me last time, and i got superstroke tx-1's for $6.99 US each (they're $24 AUD in shops)
first soft, tacky and not glove destroying half-cords ive ever come across, great grips, only criticism i'd have is the bottom half is white thus needs cleaning

Courty
1st March 2016, 06:23 PM
I received these yesterday and there are definitely some subtle differences from the genuine ones I already have on my clubs.
If they do prove to be fake, the counterfeiters have definitely stepped up their game, as many of the things to look for (according to some guides) match up e.g. part/ serial numbers on the inside of the grip.
Anyhow, I've flicked some pics directly to Golf Pride for confirmation one way or another. I'm refraining from any contact or feedback with the seller until I hear from GP, and will post the response here as well.

dowdsy
2nd March 2016, 09:58 AM
I received these yesterday and there are definitely some subtle differences from the genuine ones I already have on my clubs.
If they do prove to be fake, the counterfeiters have definitely stepped up their game, as many of the things to look for (according to some guides) match up e.g. part/ serial numbers on the inside of the grip.
Anyhow, I've flicked some pics directly to Golf Pride for confirmation one way or another. I'm refraining from any contact or feedback with the seller until I hear from GP, and will post the response here as well.
Thanks Courty, I still haven't got a response from the seller yet.

Daves
2nd March 2016, 06:26 PM
Golfworks have the MCCs Platiniums on special;

http://www.golfworks.com/product.asp?pn=GP0115&sid=W030216&eid=W030216&lm=golf&utm_source=eblast&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=W030216

3oneday
7th March 2016, 12:27 PM
My grips arrived from China today.

I have to say I am impressed with the quality, I'll compare to the real thing when I get home tonight and probably install one at the same time.

I'll upload some pics as well.

Courty
9th March 2016, 07:01 AM

Thanks Courty, I still haven't got a response from the seller yet.

I've had confirmation directly from Golf Pride that the grips I received are fake/ counterfeit. I've messaged the seller to either replace them with genuine grips (highly unlikely I suspect), or give me a full refund. Under eBay rules he has 3 days to resolve the situation, so we'll see where it goes.

Daves
9th March 2016, 07:44 AM
$9.49 US ( about $13.50 AUD) is about as cheap as I have seen the Decades with the big US sellers. Anything less than that has got to be suss I reckon.

3oneday
9th March 2016, 07:58 AM
Your seller has zero items listed, wonder if ebay removed or he did.

Courty
9th March 2016, 08:01 AM
Your seller has zero items listed, wonder if ebay removed or he did.

I haven't reported him to eBay (yet), so I assume he did it himself.

I got a response from him within minutes of my message to him. Claims he didn't know & was told they were genuine by whoever he got them from. He's offered a full refund including postage which I'll take before I go any further.

Courty
10th March 2016, 06:38 PM
I got a response from him within minutes of my message to him. Claims he didn't know & was told they were genuine by whoever he got them from. He's offered a full refund including postage which I'll take before I go any further.

Full refund received (including cost of sending them back).

What's the protocol for leaving feedback in this situation?

Daves
10th March 2016, 06:40 PM
Full refund received (including cost of sending them back).

What's the protocol for leaving feedback in this situation?

Personally, I would wait to see whether he relists them.

3Puttpete
10th March 2016, 06:40 PM
Product shite, service excellent?

3oneday
10th March 2016, 11:06 PM
Neutral, grips fake, refund received.

dowdsy
11th March 2016, 10:12 AM
I haven't reported him to eBay (yet), so I assume he did it himself.

This is the same guy who did not respond to my question are these fake, I had asked him this before you received yours from him so he knew they were not the real deal. The feed back I would leave is negative because he will sell fake stuff again these people cant help themselves.