PDA

View Full Version : 2016 SA Champs - Friday 11th Nov @ The Vines (Kitchener Cup)

nadg63
23rd February 2016, 10:10 PM
First tee-time 12.30pm, 5 groups booked.

Meals and drinks will be available in the clubhouse after the match, but will need to book so let me know if you intend staying back.

'nadg'

thecollective
24th February 2016, 06:15 AM
Dinner for me

Lagerlover
24th February 2016, 07:14 AM
Me too

coalesce
24th February 2016, 08:27 AM
Me three

Hard_Pan
24th February 2016, 10:08 AM
Good meals there. I'm in.

Grunt
24th February 2016, 10:47 AM
Tentative subject to working out accommodation details and leave approval.

Chilled
24th February 2016, 11:24 AM
I should be able to get the Friday off (will have to confirm later though). If I can I'll be down for some tucker and brew after also.

marcel
24th February 2016, 11:37 AM
If I play I'll eat

wazamac
24th February 2016, 12:05 PM
I'll have to bring the trophy! So I'm in:)

Chilled
24th February 2016, 01:33 PM
^^I hope you don't fail to retain it like the "champ" did last year :D

Lagerlover
24th February 2016, 01:43 PM
^^I hope you don't fail to retain it like the "champ" did last year :D Wasn't that an embarrassment.

Hatchman
24th February 2016, 02:27 PM
I'm in for diner.

wazamac
24th February 2016, 05:39 PM
^^I hope you don't fail to retain it like the "champ" did last year :D

I didn't win it and still got to keep it! Yeah for me.

Hatchman
2nd March 2016, 08:53 PM
Rough idea on cost for this round?

nadg63
27th September 2016, 05:09 PM
Looks like The Kitchener Cup is a non-starter this year, with only Jimandr representing the interstate team.

The question has been raised as to what are we doing instead - I honestly do not know!?

Suggestions here please.

Hatchman
27th September 2016, 05:12 PM
Ok, we have this years format and most likely the format for the future so it always works the same regardless of how many interstaters we get.

Here's a couple of suggestions.
1. Individual stableford
2. 4BB stableford with drawn pairs.
3. 4B multiplier stableford. I like this one as it places a bit more pressure to not have a wipe on a hole.
4. Random draw of all playing into split 2 groups. Team aggregate stableford is the winner.

anyone got any others?

wazamac
27th September 2016, 05:44 PM
I like the multiplier thingy as previously said in another thread. Probably because it doesn't get played that often.
Should be drawn pairs as well.

nadg63
27th September 2016, 06:19 PM
Ok, we have this years format and most likely the format for the future so it always works the same regardless of how many interstaters we get.

1. Individual stableford
3. 4B multiplier stableford. I like this one as it places a bit more pressure to not have a wipe on a hole.
4. Random draw of all playing into split 2 groups. Team aggregate stableford is the winner.

anyone got any others?

I like the multiplier thingy as previously said in another thread. Probably because it doesn't get played that often.
Should be drawn pairs as well.

As I have no idea as to what this is it will be down to you guys to sort it!

Hatchman
27th September 2016, 06:39 PM
As I have no idea as to what this is it will be down to you guys to sort it!

Put all names in a hat.
First 2 drawn out are a pair, next two drawn out are a pair and are the first off. Rinse and repeat.

Players play game as individual stableford of their hcp.
Examples below:
Player 1 has 5 for 2, Player 2 has 5 for 2. Both players points are multiplied so team score is 4 pts for the hole.
Player 1 has 3 for 4, Player 2 has a wipe. Both players points are multiplied so team score is 0 pts for the hole
P1 has 5 for 1, P2 has 5 for 2. 1x2 is 2pts for the hole.

Add the team points as normal and highest wins.

jimandr
29th September 2016, 02:18 PM

1. Individual stableford

anyone got any others?

My vote doesn't count for much as a visitor, but I have a suggestion.

The multiplier is fun, but there is one big problem with it. Queensland did it first, with their Banana Cup. So I think SA should do something different and unique.

The one thing I think you need to create is a title-holder situation, where the team can defend its title in future years. Whether that can be City v Country, or North v South or those born in Adelaide v the rest, or something else doesn't matter much, but you need something.

You don't need it to be matchplay (leave that to the Vics).

An option I like is to have a variation of the Irish 4ball format. How this would work is that once you have your two teams, you start with the best score, then the best two scores and so on until on the 18th every score counts, depending on how many players you have on each team.

nadg63
12th October 2016, 07:51 PM
My vote doesn't count for much as a visitor, but I have a suggestion.

The multiplier is fun, but there is one big problem with it. Queensland did it first, with their Banana Cup. So I think SA should do something different and unique.

The one thing I think you need to create is a title-holder situation, where the team can defend its title in future years. Whether that can be City v Country, or North v South or those born in Adelaide v the rest, or something else doesn't matter much, but you need something.

You don't need it to be matchplay (leave that to the Vics).

An option I like is to have a variation of the Irish 4ball format. How this would work is that once you have your two teams, you start with the best score, then the best two scores and so on until on the 18th every score counts, depending on how many players you have on each team.

Revisiting this as nothing was really decided. Taking on board Jimandr's post, coming up with teams of some sort is the go, whether in teams of 6, (looking like 12 players), or 6 pairs playing whatever format.

North v South might be a bit loaded, as that would put all The Vines members together,

Born SA v elsewhere from what I know makes teams of 9 v 3,

City v Country, not really many that qualify as Country!?

Less than a month to go so lets get this finalized please :)

wazamac
12th October 2016, 08:33 PM
If you play Nadg, we will have 12 for two teams of 6.
The Irish 4ball doesn't sound too bad, as long as every player plays gets to play out all of the holes.
Will take a little calculating after the game but this is fine as I still have all my finger and toes :wink:

Random draw of the names and then we need to nominate a name for each team (so I can have the trophy ready after the game).

We will definitely need to book a table for the meal after as it is a Friday night and the busiest night for meals etc..

nadg63
12th October 2016, 08:57 PM
If you play Nadg, we will have 12 for two teams of 6.
The Irish 4ball doesn't sound too bad, as long as every player plays gets to play out all of the holes.
Will take a little calculating after the game but this is fine as I still have all my finger and toes :wink:

Random draw of the names and then we need to nominate a name for each team (so I can have the trophy ready after the game).

We will definitely need to book a table for the meal after as it is a Friday night and the busiest night for meals etc..

Hoping to play, that will likely be my total participation! Will try and remember to request the afternoon off work for that day.

Will book for dinner, I'll venture down there to do so on Sunday hopefully.

Hatchman
12th October 2016, 11:00 PM
Think of Ktcheners and what they are.
If a pastry with sugar and jam/cream is not a Kitchener what is it?

The reason for my question is for a wacky idea and a permanent solution for the Kitchener cup.
Where possible and numbers permit it should always be S.A (Kitcheners) v Visitors (what ever a Kitcheners is not).
Where the S.A entrants out number the interstate a draw should be done as to who plays for the Visitors team.

Stay with the 2 teams S.A v Visitors but call it Kitcheners v ?????. Format is play individual Stableford so everyone plays the course and have 4BB Stableford for the team event.
Highest team aggregate 4BB score is the winner of the Kitchener Cup.

As an example this year the captain of the Kitcheners should be Wazamac and the captain of the ?????? would be Jimandr.
as Jim is the stand alone visiting interstater a draw would be done with everyone else as to who plays for what team.

wazamac
13th October 2016, 08:19 AM
Could be where you were born as well.
For instance, technically I'm an out of towner.

oldracer
13th October 2016, 10:00 AM
state of origin!!!!

nadg63
13th October 2016, 03:47 PM
state of origin!!!!

So:

Jimandr
Coalesce
nadg63

Who else born/originates from other than South Aus?

wazamac
13th October 2016, 04:00 PM
Me

nadg63
13th October 2016, 04:19 PM
So:

Jimandr
Coalesce
nadg63

Who else born/originates from other than South Aus?

Me

Jimandr
Coalesce
Wazamac
nadg63

(that's 3x Vines members in your team Jim - not saying if that is good or bad though!)

Hatchman
13th October 2016, 05:40 PM
Kitchener state for me.

State of origin works and helps if state of residency has an imbalance of numbers.
We work out who/how many fit state of origin to represent the "Not Kitcheners".
Draw an equal amount of numbers to represent the Kitcheners than it's one for one draw after that until everyone is in a team.
Home course advantage is a non issue for me as it's all in fun.

wazamac
13th October 2016, 06:26 PM
Home Course means s**t. Especially when I am playing the way I am at the moment.

Kitcheners vs Cupcakes ?

Hatchman
13th October 2016, 06:35 PM
Kitcheners v Donuts ?

wazamac
13th October 2016, 06:37 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Donuts

Hatchman
13th October 2016, 06:42 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161013/2ed22dd0b0647423e6056e3f006e98d1.jpg

nadg63
13th October 2016, 06:43 PM
Custard tarts! :)

oldracer
13th October 2016, 07:44 PM
Snotblocks mmmmm

wazamac
13th October 2016, 07:47 PM
Are there any indigenous cakes/ treats to interstate? Or is SA the only ones to come up with weird and wonderful things like Kitcheners and Frog Cakes.

hippo10
13th October 2016, 08:18 PM
Kitchener vs Berliners?

jimandr
14th October 2016, 11:29 AM
Are there any indigenous cakes/ treats to interstate? Or is SA the only ones to come up with weird and wonderful things like Kitcheners and Frog Cakes.

I don't think there are any cakes unique to NSW, but I'm not a frequent cake eater. Peppas may be the expert on this subject.

I have a really radical suggestion for team selection method, one that may completely destroy the will to live for people on the likely losing team.

How about...... Equipment Ho's versus Old School Equipment Players.

Old School could be (in ozgolf terms) anything older that 12 months, or maybe even younger. Realistically, the cut-off point would be any point where we get an even spread of players between those who change their clubs, and those who don't.

I'll be wielding my 7 year old Cleveland Hi-Bore driver and 10 year old Adams A3 hybrid's and irons, so there won't be much doubt of which side I will be on.

Hatchman
14th October 2016, 12:30 PM
Nup, don't like it.

hippo10
14th October 2016, 12:55 PM
It crossed my mind that "Too many Kitcheners" vs "Not Enough Kitcheners" might be amusing (but probably offensive to some).

Hard_Pan
14th October 2016, 01:55 PM
The fairest way would be to divvy up so the h/c s and Vines members are roughly the same across both groups. But where's the fun in that? ;)

I vote for a random choice. One of those odds and evens marble things you use in some games of pool would be great and then you'd call the groups 'Odds' and 'Evens'

Else:

Kitcheners vs Schnits?

Flushas vs choppers? (Do we have enough choppers?) :)

Shirt tuckers vs Dags

Metros vs Yokels etc, etc

wazamac
14th October 2016, 01:56 PM
To many letters for the trophy I'm afraid. Don't need any more work at the moment! :D

Hatchman
14th October 2016, 03:21 PM
The fairest way would be to divvy up so the h/c s and Vines members are roughly the same across both groups. But where's the fun in that? ;)

I vote for a random choice. One of those odds and evens marble things you use in some games of pool would be great and then you'd call the groups 'Odds' and 'Evens'

Else:

Kitcheners vs Schnits?

Flushas vs choppers? (Do we have enough choppers?) :)

Shirt tuckers vs Dags

Metros vs Yokels etc, etc

Winner, winner chicken dinner.

Kitcheners vs Schnits?

wazamac
14th October 2016, 03:29 PM
Prefer veal but ok, we have a winner

nadg63
14th October 2016, 06:32 PM
Winner, winner chicken dinner.

Kitcheners vs Schnits?

Settled then! Now for teams.

jimandr
14th October 2016, 08:49 PM
I have to be on the Kitchener team. I can get schnitz anywhere, but I'm prepared to travel 1500km for a Kitchener.

Hatchman
14th October 2016, 09:39 PM
I have to be on the Kitchener team. I can get schnitz anywhere, but I'm prepared to travel 1500km for a Kitchener.

No, your Schnits.
If your team is good enough you can win Kitcheners :D

nadg63
18th October 2016, 05:29 PM
No, your Schnits.
If your team is good enough you can win Kitcheners :D

So what's the criteria to meet that decides if you're a Shnit or a Kitch?

Hard_Pan
18th October 2016, 07:41 PM
Seeing there's not enough interstaters (who'd instantly be the Schnits), maybe for the inaugural game teams (formed by some sort of random ballot), should vie for the honour of being called the 'Kitcheners'? Others can then compete to gain the title the following year.

nadg63
4th November 2016, 08:05 PM
Will be won and lost by this time next week.

I will be pre-paying the green fees this coming Sunday so on arrival next Friday just look out for Waza, Coalesce, Jasonb or myself, (assuming I am still able to get away from work!)

nadg63
6th November 2016, 01:41 PM
Teams/groups for Friday, ( these were drawn today after our round at The Vines, drawn by Wazamac and Coalesce, me logging the draw):

Kitcheners​ Schnitzels

Chilled - Hatchman
Nadg63 - Wazamac

Thecollective - Chris32
Jasonb - Hard_pan

Coalesce - Jimandr
Simsy - DaveK

wazamac
6th November 2016, 03:22 PM
SCHNITS RULE!!!![emoji39]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hard_Pan
6th November 2016, 03:27 PM
So all the names to the right are Schnits?

Hatchman
6th November 2016, 03:30 PM
That's the way I read it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nadg63
6th November 2016, 03:33 PM
So all the names to the right are Schnits?

Yep.

Hatchman
6th November 2016, 03:34 PM
Schnits will be victorious.

nadg63
6th November 2016, 03:37 PM
Schnits will be victorious.

Reckon you'd be faves!

Hard_Pan
6th November 2016, 03:41 PM
I'm a Schnit! Who would've thunk? 😀

jimandr
6th November 2016, 04:12 PM
Gees.

For the last week all I've been reading about is the poor form of Wazamac and Hatchman. Not only they on the same team, they are on MY team.

I need to win a Kitchener Bun, so you guys had better lift your games.

Hard_Pan
6th November 2016, 04:17 PM
Don't forget me Jim, I'm playing crap too! 😉

jimandr
6th November 2016, 04:22 PM
Don't forget me Jim, I'm playing crap too! ��

I posted that before I saw the What did you shoot scores. You had 37, Hatch had 35. I also saw the scores of Nadg and Coalesce.

I'm not quite so worried now.

Hatchman
6th November 2016, 05:12 PM
It's all part of our cunning plan to make sure The Kitchener state wins the cup [emoji3]

nadg63
6th November 2016, 05:58 PM
I'll probably score better if work reneges on me leaving early and having to forfeit!

coalesce
6th November 2016, 06:54 PM
I'll play better when there's a Kitchener riding on it

nadg63
6th November 2016, 07:17 PM
I'll play better when there's a Kitchener riding on it

Hmmm, I don't even like them lol!

coalesce
6th November 2016, 07:19 PM
Hmmm, I don't even like them lol!

I'll have yours too then ;)

nadg63
6th November 2016, 07:29 PM
I'll have yours too then ;)

What happened to your low sugar diet!?

coalesce
6th November 2016, 07:39 PM
That was months ago! No such rubbish now (so long as the mrs doesn't see!)

nadg63
6th November 2016, 07:41 PM
That was months ago! No such rubbish now (so long as the mrs doesn't see!)

Haha, just bring more of those ginger and chocolate cookies along for Team Kitchener nutrition!

wazamac
6th November 2016, 09:50 PM
If I win somebody can have mine.😩

Hatchman
6th November 2016, 11:39 PM
Where's Peppas when you need him?

Chris32
10th November 2016, 10:41 AM
Hey guys, at this stage I won't be able to make it tomorrow sorry

So much going on at work, the joys of small business ownership hey! Sunday I'm 100%

nadg63
10th November 2016, 04:56 PM
Hey guys, at this stage I won't be able to make it tomorrow sorry

So much going on at work, the joys of small business ownership hey! Sunday I'm 100%

Have already prepaid The Vines C32 so green fee is gone I'm afraid.

nadg63
10th November 2016, 05:15 PM
Teams/groups for Friday, ( these were drawn today after our round at The Vines, drawn by Wazamac and Coalesce, me logging the draw):

Kitcheners​ Schnitzels

Chilled - Hatchman
Nadg63 - Wazamac

Thecollective - Chris32
Jasonb - Hard_pan

Coalesce - Jimandr
Simsy - DaveK

So if as posted earlier Chris32 bails that means a match forfeit so Team Kitcheners are 1-up already! :) Yay.

Chilled
10th November 2016, 05:39 PM
So if as posted earlier Chris32 bails that means a match forfeit so Team Kitcheners are 1-up already! :) Yay.Winrar!!

nadg63
10th November 2016, 05:52 PM
So if as posted earlier Chris32 bails that means a match forfeit so Team Kitcheners are 1-up already! :) Yay.

Winrar!!

Though to be honest I have not paid to much attention as to how Waza and Hatchy are scoring this thing so might not be the actual case!?

coalesce
10th November 2016, 06:32 PM
It's best stableford score from any team member on each hole. So being 1 down is one less chance of a good score

wazamac
10th November 2016, 06:58 PM
We may try and get a ring in

nadg63
10th November 2016, 08:17 PM
So all good for tomorrow? Guessing you have sat-nav Jim so shouldn't be too hard to find.

Booked in 10 people for dinner, but believe that's likely to be 8 now.

See you all there, hopefully the 'possibility of afternoon showers' decide to hang back until later.

wazamac
10th November 2016, 08:19 PM
Tried for a ring in but failed. If you want I can ring the Pro Shop in the morning and see if anybody wants a game.

thecollective
10th November 2016, 08:22 PM

I win a matchplay game! there is a first for everything :mrgreen:

Hard_Pan
10th November 2016, 08:22 PM
If I'd known earlier I could've asked around at NH. Oh well.

See you guys there! :)

thecollective
10th November 2016, 08:24 PM
If I'd known earlier I could've asked around at NH. Oh well.

See you guys there! :)

Better I relish in the feeling of a win by walk-over - might give the new irons a crack!

jasonb
10th November 2016, 08:38 PM
Is there a pro shop comp running on this day? Could do with another flag dropping off

wazamac
10th November 2016, 08:48 PM
No. Think its only social.

Hatchman
10th November 2016, 10:04 PM

No

Though to be honest I have not paid to much attention as to how Waza and Hatchy are scoring this thing so might not be the actual case!?

I've got VJay's magic pencil so team Schnit will have what ever they need to get across the line.

It's best stableford score from any team member on each hole. So being 1 down is one less chance of a good score

Are you playing [emoji848][emoji12]

jimandr
10th November 2016, 11:00 PM
So all good for tomorrow? Guessing you have sat-nav Jim so shouldn't be too hard to find.

Booked in 10 people for dinner, but believe that's likely to be 8 now.

See you all there, hopefully the 'possibility of afternoon showers' decide to hang back until later.

No, I do not have Satnav but if my memorised directions let me down like they did today I'll consult Google.

I will be giving myself plenty of time to get there early and then have some lunch.

It will be a light lunch so I will have plenty of room for a post game Kitchener.

Hatchman
11th November 2016, 10:10 AM
Valuable cargo picked up [emoji39]

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161111/977cc549cc4ed58bd53d5c81d5e4f9da.jpg

nadg63
11th November 2016, 10:18 AM

How many extras did you get to scoff on the way? ;)

Wenz
11th November 2016, 10:26 AM
How many extras did you get to scoff on the way? ;)
Another box :D

Steve57
11th November 2016, 10:44 AM

I hope Peppas is not online!

Hatchman
11th November 2016, 12:46 PM
Easy birdie on the 1st.
Viva la Schnit

Wenz
11th November 2016, 03:12 PM
Updates?

jimandr
11th November 2016, 04:29 PM
Bad light, lightning, rain and a few other things out of the sky have stopped play.

It is a 14 hole comp only.

Scores to follow eventually.

hippo10
11th November 2016, 04:34 PM
... and a few other things out of the sky have stopped play.

Kitcheners?

Hatchman
11th November 2016, 05:26 PM
The Kitchener Cup has been won by Team Schnit

Called after 14 holes due to lightning.
Team Schnit 95pts
Hatchman/Wazamac 33pts
DaveK/Jimandr 32pts
Hard_Pan/JasonB 30pts

Team Kitchener 91pts
Coalesce/Simsy 33pts
Chilled/Nadg63 29pts
Thecollective 29pts

Individual Winners
Hatchman 29pts
DaveK 28pts

Long Drive 4th Hard_Pan
NTP 6th Hard_Pan
NTP 14th Chilled

Hatchman
11th November 2016, 05:36 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161111/f42caa33bb3411e232d22f70e5f77870.jpg
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161111/dcd165ba512bd2494464cde8d50045e0.jpg

Daves
11th November 2016, 05:48 PM
The ABC is reporting golf ball size hail in Adelaide, which sounds appropriate. You guys could have stayed out there!;;)

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-11-11/hail-the-size-of-golf-balls-pelts-adelaide/8019066

3Puttpete
11th November 2016, 07:15 PM
Back to back top scores for Hatchy. There goes the champs tilt

wazamac
11th November 2016, 08:30 PM
The ABC is reporting golf ball size hail in Adelaide, which sounds appropriate. You guys could have stayed out there!;;)

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-11-11/hail-the-size-of-golf-balls-pelts-adelaide/8019066

Unfortunately the lightning stopped play, and I was on such a hot streak as well.:roll:

Hatchman
11th November 2016, 09:06 PM
Back to back top scores for Hatchy. There goes the champs tilt

Yep, I'm done.
Only good for 2 good rounds a year, just had them both [emoji3]

nadg63
11th November 2016, 09:09 PM
How ironic, all the years playing this course from memory we have never had to stop due to the storm warning going off, today of all days :( So had to call it at the 14th, last completed hole by all groups.

nadg63
11th November 2016, 09:48 PM
Few pics from The Vines GC today, weather looked promising looking up the first, but didn't last unfortunately :(

Chilled
11th November 2016, 10:00 PM
Good to see the soccer umpire back again this year.

nadg63
11th November 2016, 10:10 PM
Must be the day for it! Just sounded the storm warning hooter at The Nedbank, Sun City!

Hatchman
11th November 2016, 10:18 PM
Few Radom pics.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161111/d178e9ef5483c6d682fe1e7287f6e1bf.jpg
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161111/00583c04bf423170450058ff403ae5af.jpg
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161111/bf39c60132741393b8723982b9c072c4.jpg

Hatchman
11th November 2016, 10:24 PM
Turns out this is the last hole that was counted for the Round and Kitchener Cup due to the call in siren for lightning.

Someone hit the green for NTP and was lucky to make par in the end.
Someone else was just off the back edge and made easy birdie [emoji13]. They called it leaving the tee too [emoji106]

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161111/09a7d71f127633251896e3efed7da69c.jpg

nadg63
11th November 2016, 10:27 PM
Turns out this is the last hole that was counted for the Round and Kitchener Cup due to the call in siren for lightning.

Someone hit the green for NTP and was lucky to make par in the end.
Someone else was just off the back edge and made easy birdie [emoji13]. They called it leaving the tee too [emoji106]

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161111/09a7d71f127633251896e3efed7da69c.jpg

And a good birdie it was too, never looked in doubt from the moment you putted it.

Chilled
11th November 2016, 10:36 PM
Someone hit the green for NTP and was lucky to make par in the end.If you call a one foot putt lucky, sure. I like to call it a sure thing, but I know a few others are a little dodgy with their putting so they like to fluke them in the hole from off the green so they don't have to put their dodgy putting on display :D

jimandr
11th November 2016, 10:41 PM
Some thoughts on the Cup and the day.

Firstly, the Kitchener was wonderful. I don't need to play well over the rest of the event. I have reached the pinnacle of achievement by being part of the winning team.

Also, thanks to the Vines pro shop for sounding the siren. It was very threatening but hadn't actually rained. It came down in buckets just after we sat down in the club. Good decision all round.

Let me record my group on the 1st. Simsy says he hasn't played since last year, then stripes one 240 down the middle. He scored a regulation par for 3 points.

Dave K says he hasn't played since last year and stripes his drive 280 right down the middle. He scored birdie for 3 points.

Coalesce says he has played twice this year, then hits a good drive, a good second and third. Then he holes a 30 footer for birdie and 4 points. My 2 point par was nothing by comparison.

The rest of the day wasn't quite so special but it was good fun all the same.

Thanks for the game guys.

nadg63
11th November 2016, 10:45 PM
Some thoughts on the Cup and the day.

Firstly, the Kitchener was wonderful. I don't need to play well over the rest of the event. I have reached the pinnacle of achievement by being part of the winning team.

Also, thanks to the Vines pro shop for sounding the siren. It was very threatening but hadn't actually rained. It came down in buckets just after we sat down in the club. Good decision all round.

Let me record my group on the 1st. Simsy says he hasn't played since last year, then stripes one 240 down the middle. He scored a regulation par for 3 points.

Dave K says he hasn't played since last year and stripes his drive 280 right down the middle. He scored birdie for 3 points.

Coalesce says he has played twice this year, then hits a good drive, a good second and third. Then he holes a 30 footer for birdie and 4 points. My 2 point par was nothing by comparison.

The rest of the day wasn't quite so special but it was good fun all the same.

Thanks for the game guys.

You're welcome, apologies for the weather cutting things short.

Chilled
11th November 2016, 10:47 PM
You're welcome, apologies for the weather cutting things short.Yeah that was a shitter, I don't think I've ever had to go off for a thunderstorm in my entire golf career but it was absolutely the right decision, it was all around us and quite threatening.