PDA

View Full Version : Spear tackles...

terryand
8th May 2006, 04:39 PM
Crocker gets 9 weeks...

Gregan get 1 week...

Now I know Crocker has a bad record at the judiciary,but how can 2 similar tackles in 2 different code get such contrasting penalties.

Terry.

connico
8th May 2006, 04:43 PM
C0ck sucking?...dont know but shoulds shonky, i didnt even get a look at gregans one?

miro
8th May 2006, 05:17 PM
Gregans tackle is a shocker.

How he got one week in any code with any track recrod is an absolute joke.

Grunt
8th May 2006, 05:47 PM
In all honesty both suspensions are not long enough. Rugby has always had suspensions that are like little wrist slaps. How about all the stomping ones where the guy gets a month at max.

Moe Norman
8th May 2006, 06:36 PM
I think 13 years and 200 professional matches with no prior history had a little bit to do with it.

Fishman Dan
8th May 2006, 07:04 PM
Gregan has a great record in the game, and you can see that tackle just got out of hand.

Crocker has an appaling history of fronting the tribunal, generally for dangerous or high tackles. This bloke never learns.

terryand
8th May 2006, 07:50 PM
I read on fox that Crockers prior added 2 matches to the original 7 weeks.

Terry.

3oneday
8th May 2006, 09:14 PM
Same tackle, neither with intent. Both were drops, not drives.

How many spear tackles has Crocker been guilty of ???

Apples with apples ???

Jarro
8th May 2006, 11:56 PM
I think 13 years and 200 professional matches with no prior history had a little bit to do with it.

yeah, would've meant a lot if the poor bastard ended up in a wheelchair :roll:

Gregan should've got at least a month for that.

Croker, ........... well :mrgreen:

miro
9th May 2006, 08:48 AM
A "drop" I hear you say...............

3oneday
9th May 2006, 08:56 AM
Yep, that's a drop, how the hell would anyone expect little George to drive someone that big. His left shoulder isn't driving in my opinion.

Pete

miro
9th May 2006, 09:02 AM
Mmmm a drop on the point of your head/neck from half a metre in the air achieved by a guy who is about 5 feet tall.

No doubt it was done without malice but gees it was dangerous and worth more than 1 week.

3oneday
9th May 2006, 09:07 AM
No doubt it was done without malice but gees it was dangerous and worth more than 1 week.no dispute with that, they are both 6 week tackles. A drive should be 20, I have a mate that was the victim of a spear tackle when he was 15, the bone in his right forearm went stright through the skin !!!

He'll have that scar forever, about 10 inches long and 3 wide !!!

Pete

Jarro
9th May 2006, 09:13 AM
Gregan should have got at least a month.. probably more.

There's absolutely no difference between the two tackles in my opinion.

Moe Norman
9th May 2006, 09:22 AM
you're right, in fact Gregans tackle was marginally worse. But you gotta get some kind of credit for a clean record in 13 years of professional Rugby.

It wasn't nice and I'm guessing George doesn't like seeing it on replay, but the difference between him and Crocker is that this was the first, and probably last, time we'll see Gregan do it.

Suspensions in Union are stupid anyway, they are given 8 weeks not 8 matches. Last game of the Tests season is free for all because you have about 15 weeks until the next game!

connico
9th May 2006, 10:06 AM
wow i just watched a replay of that tackle and it was harsh, 1 week even with a clean record is a waste of time, he should have gotten aleast a month, but i would given him 8 weeks or more...thats a bad tackle and i wont assume what got into him but it was dangerous to say the least...

dc68
9th May 2006, 12:17 PM
On the Rugby leniancy Vs League severity I read where a rugby official said that the Pritchard tackle on K in the test would have earned him a 4-5 week holiday in rugby .In saying that,it still sux that Mick gets 2-3 months and is out for Origin as The Maroons could have done with aggression.

3oneday
9th May 2006, 12:22 PM
Trouble with rugby is they aren't used to anyone being actually tackled !!! :p

Jarro
9th May 2006, 12:37 PM
Trouble with rugby is they aren't used to anyone being actually tackled !!! :p

my thoughts exactly ;)

Grunt
9th May 2006, 01:08 PM
In rugby a shoulder charge is way worse than a spear tackle.

Fishman Dan
9th May 2006, 06:55 PM
Gregan kinda spun the big fella on his axis. It just got out of hand.

Bellamy blasted the NRL today, praising the ARU for the 1 week ban and spitting about the 9 (+3 or more if they tried to challenge). That's a lot of games missed.

Grunt
9th May 2006, 08:06 PM
Melbourne have now copped a $15000 fine for their attack on the NRL Judicary