PDA

View Full Version : What movies have you watched lately?

Pages : [1] 2 3

TheNuclearOne
14th February 2016, 12:44 PM
I think we have the upcoming movies and best movies thread but nothing for what you are actually watching week to week. They might be ancient like say Planet of the Apes, or current like The Martian, room for all. They might even be mentioned not too far prior.

Watched Sicario last weekend, very much enjoyed it. There are some very subtle moments and you have to be switched on and concentrating at various times. Did he really just do that or are they letting my imagination run wild? Is she really that dumb or......? Excellent flick for mine.

Complimented it with Bone Tomahawk, quite a polarising movie imo. Some may call it excruciating slow and boring while others might find it a classic. I personally found it a decent movie, yes it's slooooooooow getting to the real action and dare i say gore but there was just enough in there to keep me going.

Frank
14th February 2016, 05:52 PM
The Revenant..... Great movie. Some of the violence was extremely graphic but it really worked well. Great story and great acting. I haven't seen all the nominated movies but I think Leo DiCaprio must be a shoe in for an Oscar.
The Martian was pretty enjoyable too.

Hatchman
14th February 2016, 06:37 PM
Happy Gilmore, still good for a laugh.

jimandr
14th February 2016, 09:27 PM
I'm about to watch Life of Brian (on SBS) for the zillionth time.

I'm going to pay particular attention to some of the stuff in the background rather than the primary action. Some hilarious things happen in the background of this movie.

Lucasto23
14th February 2016, 09:49 PM
The Martian was great, a real plus to the value of science.

Creed was great as well, you get the good rocky feel with a twist and the ending is very fitting

Dcanto
14th February 2016, 09:55 PM
I caught The Imitation Game on pay TV the other night and was quite impressed. Definitely worth watching.

TheNuclearOne
15th February 2016, 01:29 AM
Watched Salt again, reasonable fare.

rubin
15th February 2016, 02:13 AM
Imitation Game is very good IMO.

Watched the Armstrong Lie this week as well - you've got to be semi familiar with the story of it all (not just the drug cheat part) but still good viewing.

I keep re-watching Rush as well, although since I found out that the racing part was done almost entirely at Brands Hatch, I can't help but notice it now through the movie.

Moe Norman
15th February 2016, 09:30 AM
I watched straight outta compton the other day.

Good flick.

Now I'm listening to hard core rap in my car

Hard_Pan
15th February 2016, 10:23 AM
I thought Bridge of Spies was quite good but a small unheard of indie documentary that I saw recently has really caught my imagination.

It's called Tim's Vermeer. Tim is obviously some kind of polymath (a guy who can do anything), and without any artistic training whatseover, recreates a 16th century Dutch masterpiece. How he does this is beyond amazing going so far as to rebuild the scene in the original painting in it's entirety, making a lens from scratch using only 16th century technology etc etc.

The guy is an uber perfectionist and one of the highlights of the movie was when he found that his lathe was a few inches too short for him to turn the legs of the chair he was building from scratch for his scene recreation so rather than build the chair legs in two pieces, he cuts his lathe in half and extends it. If this guy set his mind to golf, well, the mind boggles..

Hatchman
16th February 2016, 11:54 PM
Watched Jerry Maguire for the umpteenth time again Sunday night. Not sure why I like watching this movie but I always do.

mrbluu
17th February 2016, 11:39 AM
Watched Jerry Maguire for the umpteenth time again Sunday night. Not sure why I like watching this movie but I always do.
Cos u like to see Cuba Gooding Jnr air drying in the nuddy ???

Hatchman
17th February 2016, 12:18 PM
Cos u like to see Cuba Gooding Jnr air drying in the nuddy ???

Hmmmm. I don't seem to recall that bit, but you do ��

TheNuclearOne
17th February 2016, 01:32 PM
Hmmmm. I don't seem to recall that bit, but you do ��

:D

Watched Rampage: Capital Punishment, different from the first with a lot less killing and far more "message" if you can call it that.

Kaniss
18th February 2016, 11:15 AM
Sicario - Not bad a bit boring at parts.

Archi
18th February 2016, 04:09 PM
recorded "Alien- the directors cut " on fox the other night to watch sometime this week

Jarro
18th February 2016, 04:37 PM
The Revenant was pretty cool

BUSHY
18th February 2016, 07:00 PM
Citizen Four.

Dotty
18th February 2016, 08:57 PM
Groundhog Day.

For what felt like the 100th time.

AndyP
18th February 2016, 09:09 PM
Groundhog Day.

For what felt like the 100th time.
I introduced the kids to it a couple of weeks ago. I could watch it over...and over...and over again.

goughy
18th February 2016, 09:49 PM
Yeah I missed it, and forgot to take it. Love it.

TheNuclearOne
20th February 2016, 10:03 AM
Watched The Last Castle last night. Reasonable fare, even if a bit far fetched.

Johnny Canuck
20th February 2016, 11:18 AM
I watched straight outta compton the other day.

Good flick.

Now I'm listening to hard core rap in my car

I thought the movie was very well done. It was a great introspective into the group and their importance in music history.

My only complaint is that I wish it could have been longer, even though it came in at 2hrs 47 minutes.

I am going to track down Jerry Heller's book, although by a lot of accounts, it is filled with half truths and lies.

I'd love to know the actual story behind Eazy-E's death. A few conspiracies out there.

Frank
20th February 2016, 11:19 AM
Room
Watched it last night. Very good movie. Well worth watching.

Hatchman
20th February 2016, 04:31 PM
Watched The Last Castle last night. Reasonable fare, even if a bit far fetched.

I quite like that one.

TheNuclearOne
20th February 2016, 08:44 PM
I quite like that one.

Me too. Redford can act, that's for sure.

Hatchman
20th February 2016, 08:55 PM
Me too. Redford can act, that's for sure.

Brubaker and The Natural are my favourites

Johnny Canuck
20th February 2016, 11:53 PM

The Natural and The Sting.

TheNuclearOne
21st February 2016, 01:28 AM

I saw Brubaker at the cinema when i was about 12. I must rewatch it, forgotten a few bits hahaha

Good movie for sure.

goughy
21st February 2016, 08:48 AM
The Natural and The Sting.

Forgetting Butch and Sundance! I got a bit of a thing for Sneakers......

TheNuclearOne
21st February 2016, 04:41 PM
Watched Jack Reacher for the second time in about 3 months last night. People can say what they like about Cruise but i thought the movie was awesome. Cruise was great and really drew me into the character. Rosamund Pike, well she was just HOT. I actually liked this better than John Wick, and i sure liked John Wick. Another action/crime/thirller i loved recently was The Equalizer. Three extremely enjoyable movies.

Ratings had led me to expect a lot less than i actually got with Jack Reacher, and i firmly put it down to the sheer amount of book devotees that rated it down.

goughy
21st February 2016, 05:54 PM
I watched a chunk of it till I remembered I had it anyway. Yeah, I quite like it too. Always liked the bar brawl scene. The two guys with the base ball bats were stereotypical southerners.

Hatchman
21st February 2016, 06:37 PM
Watched Jack Reacher for the second time in about 3 months last night. People can say what they like about Cruise but i thought the movie was awesome. Cruise was great and really drew me into the character. Rosamund Pike, well she was just HOT. I actually liked this better than John Wick, and i sure liked John Wick. Another action/crime/thirller i loved recently was The Equalizer. Three extremely enjoyable movies.

Ratings had led me to expect a lot less than i actually got with Jack Reacher, and i firmly put it down to the sheer amount of book devotees that rated it down.

Jack Reacher fan here also. Haven't seen John Wick or the Equalizer movie. Huge fan of the serries back in day.

Frank
21st February 2016, 06:54 PM
Jack Reacher fan here also. Haven't seen John Wick or the Equalizer movie. Huge fan of the serries back in day. I liked all 3 of them. Love him or hate him, Tom Cruise is very good in this type of role. The fight scene outside of the bar was very pretty cool.

rubin
21st February 2016, 07:27 PM
I liked all 3 of them. Love him or hate him, Tom Cruise is very good in this type of role. The fight scene outside of the bar was very pretty cool.

I hate saying that I liked it, but I thought Reacher was a good one too. On a similar vein, thought the Jack Ryan movies was alright as well (based on the Tom Clancy character, but not an actual Clancy story)

Jack Reacher fan here also. Haven't seen John Wick or the Equalizer movie. Huge fan of the serries back in day.

Do yourself a favor and see the equalizer. One of Denzel's best I think.

goughy
21st February 2016, 08:34 PM
I've seen about half of the equaliser. But I too was a big fan of the series, and if it's not Ed 3 x wood and a black jaguar, I just don't know.....

Timbo
21st February 2016, 09:02 PM
Equalizer and Man on Fire are my two favourite Denzel movies. My favourite Tom Cruise movie is Collateral, I get stuck watching it every time it's on TV.

I've read a heap of the Reacher books, and it is hard to accept Cruise as Jack Reacher when in the books he's a 6'5" man mountain.

goughy
21st February 2016, 09:36 PM
So they got the 6'5" bit back the front!

I like Denzel, who I think does a great Denzel. Ok, still think RC should have gotten that Oscar, even with his big mouth. No way DW in training day was a patch on RC in a beautiful mind. RC was of the planet in that roll. But I digress.

Virtuosity - DW at his best (funny enough staring RC too).

Ok, in all seriousness. The Bone Collector (AJ at her most normal and sexiest doesn't hurt) and Fallen (underrated in my opinion). The bad guy sings Stones, what more could I want.

TheNuclearOne
21st February 2016, 09:40 PM
I watched a chunk of it till I remembered I had it anyway. Yeah, I quite like it too. Always liked the bar brawl scene. The two guys with the base ball bats were stereotypical southerners.

Absolutely hahahaha

TheNuclearOne
21st February 2016, 09:43 PM
Equalizer and Man on Fire are my two favourite Denzel movies. My favourite Tom Cruise movie is Collateral, I get stuck watching it every time it's on TV.

I've read a heap of the Reacher books, and it is hard to accept Cruise as Jack Reacher when in the books he's a 6'5" man mountain.

I have to add Training Day to the Denzel movies, it's so hard hitting and just hammers. Loved Collateral too, tho i've sure got a soft spot for Top Gun as well.

3Puttpete
21st February 2016, 11:33 PM
I hate saying that I liked it, but I thought Reacher was a good one too. On a similar vein, thought the Jack Ryan movies was alright as well (based on the Tom Clancy character, but not an actual Clancy story)

Which Jack Ryan movie wasn't based on a book?

I had the same problem with it but otherwise it was pretty good.

Hatchman
23rd February 2016, 11:41 PM
Aussie classic "The Castle", it's marbo, it's the vibe ��

Hard_Pan
24th February 2016, 09:10 AM
Eclectic mix of movies being discussed here.. Good stuff!! My two cents on some of the comments made above..

Agree with the comments re Ground Hog day. Love it. I think someone worked out how many times Phil had to relive his day in the movie Ground Hog Day. I think they said it was around 12,000 which equated to about 30 years based on how he became a piano player, sculptor etc.

A really good spy thriller featuring Robert Redford is Day of the Condor. Big 'wow' moment as a kid seeing that postman scene for the first time.

I agree that Jack Reacher was good, despite me not being a Tom Cruise fan and that he didn't fit the build of an MMA heavy weight (how I thought the books described him). Sort of like Matt Damon as Jason Bourne. I thought Matt did a great job in the movies however the way I read the books was Jason Bourne was at the end of his career, tired and worn out and relying more on his smarts and instincts rather that brawn and physical fitness. I don't know if anyone remembers but a few years back there was a television mini series based on the Bourne Identity and Jason Bourne was played by Richard Chamberlain of all people. I thought that was perfect because he looked old, washed out and obviously had a lot of work done to his face. He didn't look like a typical master spy, which was the point.

goughy
24th February 2016, 09:33 AM
Most definitely remember the Chamberlain movie (well, I remember that I saw it, don't remember it much, was a long time ago). Saw it after reading the book.

Your avatar has reminded me that 'The Good, The Bad and the Ugly', is now on netflix. Been meaning to watch it but keep forgetting. Haven't seen it in years now. As a kid I lost track of how many times I watched 'Two mules for sister sarah' as it was a regular weekend daytime flick.

Lagerlover
24th February 2016, 09:53 AM
E.T.

Real credit to those kids to get him back home.

PeteyD
24th February 2016, 09:56 AM
And cheaper than all the ones getting Matt Damon back home.

TheNuclearOne
24th February 2016, 10:41 AM
A really good spy thriller featuring Robert Redford is Day of the Condor. Big 'wow' moment as a kid seeing that postman scene for the first time.

Three Days of the Condor, just looked it up. Definitely on my list now, cheers.

Hard_Pan
24th February 2016, 11:05 AM
Your avatar has reminded me that 'The Good, The Bad and the Ugly', is now on netflix. Been meaning to watch it but keep forgetting. Haven't seen it in years now. As a kid I lost track of how many times I watched 'Two mules for sister sarah' as it was a regular weekend daytime flick.The Good, The Bad and the Ugly (last of the fist full of dollars trilogy), one of the best westerns ever made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8IwIzTlXwE

Daves
24th February 2016, 06:42 PM
The Good, The Bad and the Ugly (last of the fist full of dollars trilogy), one of the best westerns ever made.

Yep, this is a better quality and longer clip of the end;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuUWq7qGSro&feature=youtu.be

Hatchman
24th February 2016, 11:19 PM
The Blind Side on right now.
Great story.

PeteyD
25th February 2016, 06:38 AM
The Blind Side on right now.
Great story.

Disneyed up the story a bit, but great film and great story. Michael Oher plays for Carolina now and was a big part of the rebuild that took them to the Superbowl this year.

AndyP
28th February 2016, 03:35 PM
The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies

Borderline unwatchable for me; it is terrible.

goughy
28th February 2016, 03:46 PM
I've had it for over a year and haven't gotten around to it yet. Seen the other two.

PeteyD
28th February 2016, 04:02 PM
We just looked for Billy Connolly in it. Made for some anticipation.

TheNuclearOne
28th February 2016, 04:03 PM
47 Ronin on the tube last night, was ok.

AndyP
28th February 2016, 04:08 PM
We just looked for Billy Connolly in it. Made for some anticipation.Except he sort of wasn't in it, thanks to the unnecessary magic of CGI.

goughy
28th February 2016, 05:25 PM
Funny thing is, I love the LOTR's books, and the movies. But I've never been able to get through The Hobbit book, even when I tried to force myself again a year ago. And the movies haven't thrilled me, or grabbed me like the others. I don't know what it is.

AndyP
28th February 2016, 05:37 PM
I read The Hobbit as a primary school student many times, and loved it. I moved on to Lord of the Rings after that. The Hobbit is a kids book with silly songs, so it would be hard to go back to after reading LoTR.

goughy
28th February 2016, 05:39 PM
That's an explanation I hadn't heard or thought of. I never had to read it in school. Only really tried to after the first time I read LOTR.

AndyP
28th February 2016, 06:07 PM
I never had to read it in school.I didn't have to read it, I chose to. I read a lot as a child though.

goughy
28th February 2016, 06:24 PM
Ah. Me too. Lazy these days.

AndyP
28th February 2016, 06:42 PM
Ah. Me too. Lazy these days.As if. More like adult life gets in the way of it, or we jump onto our stupid phones instead. If I caught public transport, I'd still read plenty, I would think.

goughy
28th February 2016, 07:27 PM
Nah, in my case it is laziness. I really enjoyed reading again on the cruise, but straight back to net access and it's gone!

Hatchman
28th February 2016, 09:41 PM
Rambo, still a great movie.

Hatchman
1st March 2016, 11:57 AM
47 Ronin on the tube last night, was ok.

Recorded this the other night and just finished watching it. I liked it, but I like most samurai, ninja and Kung fu movies.

TheNuclearOne
1st March 2016, 01:09 PM
Recorded this the other night and just finished watching it. I liked it, but I like most samurai, ninja and Kung fu movies.

I enjoyed it. Also reminded me i didn't mention one of Cruise' best he other day, The Last Samurai.

3Puttpete
4th March 2016, 05:02 PM
Poltergeist II

Frank
4th March 2016, 05:08 PM
The Departed - One of my all time favoutites.

timah!
4th March 2016, 05:33 PM

The Jap original was much better.

Think it was called 'infernal affairs'

mrbluu
4th March 2016, 05:43 PM
The Jap original was much better.

Think it was called 'infernal affairs'
Was that the JDM one made in Hong Kong with Hong Kong movie stars??

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infernal_Affairs

Frank
4th March 2016, 06:08 PM
The Jap original was much better. Think it was called 'infernal affairs'Didn't know about that one.

Frank
4th March 2016, 06:09 PM
Was that the JDM one made in Hong Kong with Hong Kong movie stars??https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infernal_Affairs Looks good, I'll check it out.

Hatchman
4th March 2016, 06:35 PM
I enjoyed it. Also reminded me i didn't mention one of Cruise' best he other day, The Last Samurai.

I'd say it is his best.
Apart from me liking Samuri, Ninja and Kung Fu movies this was a great story and movie.

I'd previously seen 3/4 of the movie from the start before so it was good to see the strange way it ended finally.

Daves
4th March 2016, 06:40 PM

I have seen shorts for another one about Whitey Bulger called Black Mass.

TheNuclearOne
7th March 2016, 07:41 PM
Got stuck on the lounge saturday night watching The Karate Kid of all things. Jaden Smith can be a bit annoying and i thought for sure the two teachers would come together at the end.

Timbo
7th March 2016, 07:58 PM
I recently watched a doco movie (I think it was called Going Clear) about Scientology with interviews and footage of Tom Cruise. Those that have left (including some celebrities) go into quite a bit of detail about the religion and their practices. I'd never really given it a second thought, but now I can't help looking at Tom Cruise and thinking what a fruit loop he is. Kinda spoilt things a bit.

Frank
12th March 2016, 08:35 AM
Goodfellas. Don't know how many times I've watched it, but I enjoy it every time.

Hatchman
12th March 2016, 10:00 PM
Kenny (Splashdown)
Love this movie.

TheNuclearOne
14th March 2016, 07:36 PM
Kenny (Splashdown)
Love this movie.

Been meaning to watch this for years. Obviously well worth the time.

Hatchman
14th March 2016, 09:29 PM
Been meaning to watch this for years. Obviously well worth the time.

Most definitely.

TheNuclearOne
15th March 2016, 11:43 AM
Cheers. Misses the first 30 mins of Looper but enjoyed what i saw. Good flick.

Hatchman
16th March 2016, 12:17 AM
I've seen Looper before and thought it was a bit disapoint for me.

rubin
16th March 2016, 12:53 AM
Hail Caeser.

For the absolute love of God - do not subject yourself to that absolute pile of shite. 2 hours of my life, I'm never going to get back.

TheNuclearOne
16th March 2016, 01:21 AM
I've seen Looper before and thought it was a bit disapoint for me.

Yeah a lot of the reviews were poles apart, most like it a lot of not much at all. I liked that it was a bit different.

goughy
16th March 2016, 07:30 AM
Same here TNO. I've always wondered though, why they chose to make Joseph Gordon Levitt look more like Bruce Willis, rather than make Bruce Willis look more like JGL?

TheNuclearOne
16th March 2016, 10:24 AM
Same here TNO. I've always wondered though, why they chose to make Joseph Gordon Levitt look more like Bruce Willis, rather than make Bruce Willis look more like JGL?

Perhaps because Bruce is such a big drawcard and much more recognisable? Not sure really Goughy, good question..

Scifisicko
16th March 2016, 10:43 AM
Finaly saw the new star wars, very dissapoint (spoiler alert). The villain is Han Solo's son?!....cmon give us a break! Not surprising he was such a lame bad guy. All the story lines were rehashed, even another (mega) death star... that needed to be destroyed just in the nick of time by x fighters flying down a ditch into its weak spot ...with the Millenium falcon appearing out of nowhere to save the day (or maybe im confusing that part with one of the other movies).

goughy
16th March 2016, 11:10 AM
Yeah tno, I was really just being a bit silly. Could you imagine trying to make BW look like an anaemic little JGL?

TheNuclearOne
16th March 2016, 11:52 AM
Yeah tno, I was really just being a bit silly. Could you imagine trying to make BW look like an anaemic little JGL?

Sorry, didn't realise LOLOL

True.

AndyP
16th March 2016, 11:56 AM
Finaly saw the new star wars, very dissapoint (spoiler alert). The villain is Han Solo's son?!....cmon give us a break! Not surprising he was such a lame bad guy. All the story lines were rehashed, even another (mega) death star... that needed to be destroyed just in the nick of time by x fighters flying down a ditch into its weak spot ...with the Millenium falcon appearing out of nowhere to save the day (or maybe im confusing that part with one of the other movies).
A spoiler alert and the spoiler delivered on the same line. Why did you bother?

Some people saw the movie as a bit of a "reboot" of the franchise, without it being a reboot, for old fans to appreciate and get new fans, and now the story will diverge.

LeftyHoges
16th March 2016, 09:59 PM
Hail Caeser.

For the absolute love of God - do not subject yourself to that absolute pile of shite. 2 hours of my life, I'm never going to get back.

Really!?

The Mrs and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Courty
16th March 2016, 10:08 PM
Really!?

The Mrs and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I suspect you mean 'Hail, Caesar', where rubin watched 'Hail Caeser' (clearly a different movie). ;)

TheNuclearOne
18th March 2016, 11:15 AM
The Last Boy Scout, one of the last old school action movies of around the turn of the 90's. Lots of testerone, swearing, memorable one liners and action. Good flick.

AndyP
18th March 2016, 12:45 PM
I saw Creed on the plane yesterday. It wasn't bad, but there were some scenes that were weird like the running down the street with the motorbikes.
On the outbound trip it was The Big Short. Good, and maybe some confusing bits, but I don't think it affected the enjoyment of the movie.

goughy
18th March 2016, 01:19 PM
The Last Boy Scout, one of the last old school action movies of around the turn of the 90's. Lots of testerone, swearing, memorable one liners and action. Good flick.
And Satan Clause, he's out there Jimmy!

Plus one of my fav movie moments, where BW tells the dude, but me again and I'll kill you.

TheNuclearOne
18th March 2016, 01:26 PM

Plus one of my fav movie moments, where BW tells the dude, touch me again and I'll kill you.

Many memorable cheesy lines, about the last of a classic line of flicks.

3Puttpete
18th March 2016, 05:57 PM
Many memorable cheesy lines, about the last of a classic line of flicks.

You've not seen Dead Pool then

TheNuclearOne
18th March 2016, 07:55 PM
You've not seen Dead Pool then

No, but pretty keen to.

Edit - was talking end of 80's turn of 90's ficks.

Hatchman
21st March 2016, 12:51 PM
Blue Thunder on last night. Just had to watch again.

goughy
21st March 2016, 01:41 PM
Can't believe you said that! Earlier this morning I had a chopper fly over head and thought to myself, they are so bloody noisy, how the hell do they sneak up on people in movies, like the chopper in blue thunder!

TheNuclearOne
24th March 2016, 12:58 AM
Some spare time of late so caught a few flicks.Watched the remake of The Thing for the second time. Quite enjoyed it, loved the original too.
The Last Witch Hunter was just ok. Got roped into watching Pixels, it was actually not toooo bad. Seventh Son was familiar fare and just ok.

BenM
24th March 2016, 07:39 AM

Plus one of my fav movie moments, where BW tells the dude, but me again and I'll kill you.

LOVE that movie. Must have seen it a dozen times.

'What am I supposed to do with this?'
'Point it at the bad guys and shoot!'

Swear to god when this case is over I'll dance a jig

goughy
24th March 2016, 08:29 AM
If only all infidelities could be solved with 'Head or gut?'

Dotty
24th March 2016, 08:47 AM
The opening scene (NFL runner getting past the opposition players) was brilliant and it kept up the 'velvet sledgehammer' momentum until the end.

One of my all time favourites.

Sydney Hacker
24th March 2016, 09:52 AM
but me again and I'll kill you. Hmm I think I might have seen a different version to you :)

goughy
24th March 2016, 10:20 AM
Bloody autocorrecting phone! You know the scene I mean don't you, at the indoor pool?

Frank
26th March 2016, 11:32 AM
The Big Short.
It was good, more entertaining than I expected. The cameos were cool, especially the one from Margo Robbie.
Also watched Straight Outta Compton again.
One of my favoutites from last year.

Johnny Canuck
26th March 2016, 11:38 AM
Beats, Rhymes and Life.

Fantastic doco on A Tribe Called Quest.

Frank
26th March 2016, 11:54 AM
Beats, Rhymes and Life. Fantastic doco on A Tribe Called Quest.Just watched the trailer for that, looks good. I'll check it out soon.

Johnny Canuck
26th March 2016, 12:02 PM
Just watched the trailer for that, looks good. I'll check it out soon.

Definitely worth the watch.

Hard_Pan
26th March 2016, 06:47 PM
Finaly saw the new star wars, very dissapoint (spoiler alert). The villain is (blank)?!....cmon give us a break! Not surprising he was such a lame bad guy. All the story lines were rehashed, even another (mega) death star... that needed to be destroyed just in the nick of time by x fighters flying down a ditch into its weak spot ...with the Millenium falcon appearing out of nowhere to save the day (or maybe im confusing that part with one of the other movies). Yeah, as a star wars fan from way back I'm sad to say +1 to all of the above.. cookie cutter revisionist "must make the fans happy" rehash of all the 'best' bits of all the previous movies. So disappoint....

TheNuclearOne
17th April 2016, 12:02 PM
Finally watched The Thin Red Line from start to finish. Great movie. Particularly enjoyed the dialogue. Nick Nolte's part was an interesting one and he played it superbly. The scenery was bordeline amaze at times and the insight into the psyche of both camps at various stages of the movie was telling.

timah!
17th April 2016, 01:14 PM
Finally watched The Thin Red Line from start to finish. Great movie. Particularly enjoyed the dialogue. Nick Nolte's part was an interesting one and he played it superbly. The scenery was bordeline amaze at times and the insight into the psyche of both camps at various stages of the movie was telling.

Brilliant movie.

Watched 'Creed' on Friday night. Not bad. Nothing earth shattering but certainly enjoyable.

Have 'Bridge of Spies' ready to go tonight.

benno_r
17th April 2016, 01:53 PM
Brilliant movie.

Watched 'Creed' on Friday night. Not bad. Nothing earth shattering but certainly enjoyable.

Great movie!

TheNuclearOne
17th April 2016, 02:45 PM
Brilliant movie.

I've heard nothing but good things about Creed. Will get on it.

highballin
21st April 2016, 10:22 AM
Southpaw

very predictable but I enjoyed it

Daves
24th April 2016, 07:06 PM
Deadpool. I enjoyed it, but like a lot of action based movies, once you have seen the trailers, you have seen half the movie.

goughy
24th April 2016, 07:36 PM
I'd been looking forward to it for a while now, yet haven't gotten around to it and probably won't.

Watched Cap America the winter soldier again today. I think it's my fav of the marvel movies. Looking forward to civil war.

Hatchman
24th April 2016, 07:38 PM
Watched X-Men Days of Future Past on the flight back from Melbourne. Started it as soon as seated but still missed the ending by arrive time. Was enjoying it so disapoint not to see the ending.

I didnt have any head phones on the way over and watched Hitman 47 with no sound. Heaps of action so fairly easy to watch in silence. Got to see all that one to end due to some delays in takeoff and landing.

Daves
24th April 2016, 07:51 PM
Watched X-Men Days of Future Past on the flight back from Melbourne. Started it as soon as seated but still missed the ending by arrive time. Was enjoying it so disapoint not to see the ending.

I didnt have any head phones on the way over and watched Hitman 47 with no sound. Heaps of action so fairly easy to watch in silence. Got to see all that one to end due to some delays in takeoff and landing.

I can give you a link if you want to watch in online?

Hatchman
24th April 2016, 08:28 PM
I can give you a link if you want to watch in online?

Think I'll get it on DVD as I did like it, thanks for the offer thou.

Lagerlover
24th April 2016, 09:16 PM
The Secret River.

magnificent.

highballin
24th April 2016, 09:34 PM
Deadpool

Different but entertaining

Hard_Pan
24th April 2016, 10:01 PM
'Being Evel' - a documentary about Evel Knievel. Very interesting back story to all the failed stunts. Basically the story of a small time hustler who literally 'fell' into becoming one of America's leading cultural icons in the 70's. Never knew his actual first name was Bob - and how he became 'Evel' is quite interesting and funny.

Hatchman
24th April 2016, 10:14 PM
The Secret River.

magnificent.

x2 :wink:

Lagerlover
24th April 2016, 10:24 PM
x2 :wink:

Yes, there was...

Frank
25th April 2016, 07:33 PM
Eye in the sky. Very enjoyable movie. I guess this was Alan Rickmans last movie and he really was the standout. Well worth watching.

highballin
26th April 2016, 08:10 AM
The Homesman

Tommy Lee Jones western. Not your standard shoot em up western

Real gritty survival in a harsh environment type western

Gammon
26th April 2016, 12:49 PM
Concussion. Will Smith. Very interesting. NFL smothering medical findings like the tabacco companies did for decades.

Johnny Canuck
26th April 2016, 12:56 PM
Concussion. Will Smith. Very interesting. NFL smothering medical findings like the tabacco companies did for decades.

The actual concussion findings now are super interesting.

I think the latest figures are something like 90 of 94 brains that they have examined have been positive for CTE.

I really want to see this flick.

Ashes
26th April 2016, 05:30 PM

I think the latest figures are something like 90 of 94 brains that they have examined have been positive for CTE.

I'd rather not know.

PeteyD
27th April 2016, 06:46 AM

It is interesting to watch the changes that have come in over the past through years at our level of the sport (Under IFAF, and NCAA rules). The biggest backlash from players was the targeting laws. Some of the older players just didn't get it. Maybe they had too many concussions.

But tackling and contact technique, what we can and can't coach, 'Head's Up' football have all been changes in the last 5 or so years. So the court case etc is having an effect at all levels.

JADO75
27th April 2016, 03:52 PM
Had to stay off my foot last weekend so I got a chance to watch some flicks.
Deadpool, absolutely awesome, one of the best movies I've seen
Triple 9, very watchable, I thought it was going to be poo but it was actually pretty good.
Superman v Batman, very underwhelming, could of been so good but was rather forgettable
Ride Along 2, pretty funny, gotta love Kevin Hart & my man Cube
Point Break (new one) nowhere near as good as the original but still a good movie
Straight Outta Compton, seen it before but I love it. I listened to NWA in 92 & still listen to them today

goughy
27th April 2016, 09:05 PM
Only through the opening titles of Deadpool and I love it! My early guess is I'll feel about this movie like I did while watching Kickass for the first time.

Dcanto
28th April 2016, 01:23 PM
The actual concussion findings now are super interesting. I think the latest figures are something like 90 of 94 brains that they have examined have been positive for CTE. I really want to see this flick.Watched this on a recent flight. You won't be disappointed.

highballin
15th May 2016, 03:17 PM
Ex Machina

Very interesting movie about Artificial Intelligence and where it might lead

goughy
15th May 2016, 03:22 PM
Yeah, we thought that it was pretty good!

JADO75
15th May 2016, 03:51 PM
Captain America Civil War, a little different from the normal recipe but still damn good & sets up really well for future movies

TheNuclearOne
15th May 2016, 04:57 PM
Ex Machina

Very interesting movie about Artificial Intelligence and where it might lead

I quite enjoyed that, it was different. I absolutely fell off my chair laughing when the dance scene came on out of the blue, omg hahahaha. Something about it just killed me.

highballin
15th May 2016, 05:37 PM
I quite enjoyed that, it was different. I absolutely fell off my chair laughing when the dance scene came on out of the blue, omg hahahaha. Something about it just killed me.

Yeah that was hilarious

BenM
15th May 2016, 09:18 PM
Deadpool. Laughed myself silly.

goughy
15th May 2016, 09:35 PM
It certainly didn't take itself too seriously :)

Dcanto
15th May 2016, 09:35 PM
The Big Short. Even if you aren't interested in the underlying cause of the global financial crisis, the way this movie has been put together makes for interesting viewing.

highballin
17th May 2016, 09:14 AM
Bobby Jones Stroke of Genius

Watchable movie good story but something missing to make it a great movie

Hard_Pan
17th May 2016, 06:51 PM
The only golf movie I have yet to find. Mind if I ask you where you saw it HB?

Frank
17th May 2016, 09:36 PM
Bastille Day.
Not bad for a switch your brain off and enjoy the action type of movie. Plenty of action and a few laughs.

Johnny Canuck
17th May 2016, 11:14 PM
The Big Lebowski - one of the all time classics.

Caddyshack - Outstanding movie that can be, and has been watched over and over and over.

Iverson - decent doco. I'd like to compare it to the ESPN 30 for 30 as they generally set the bar for sports docos.

Easy Rider - older flick that I have been wanting to watch for ages. Quite enjoyable.

goughy
18th May 2016, 06:27 AM
Hanna. I do like these European action movies, they just don't feel like the typical yanky fare. Kinda like how the original Taken was a bit of a sleeper hit.

Hatchman
21st May 2016, 12:12 AM
IP Man on again.
Doesn't matter how many times its on I just have to watch it. Love this movie.

mrbluu
21st May 2016, 12:49 AM
Captain America: Winter Soldier

Hard_Pan
23rd May 2016, 04:38 PM
Florence Foster Jenkins. (Spoilers below!)

On one level a light tragi-comedy about a rich woman who realises her dream to sing opera at Carnegie Hall, overcoming her (total) inability to sing (at all) by her sheer love of music.

On another level, it's a one joke comedy where laughs come at the expense of a deluded old lady who is duped by a bunch of yes men into thinking she is good enough to sing opera at Carnegie Hall and then is surprised when everyone laughs at her.

TheNuclearOne
24th May 2016, 01:18 PM
10 Cloverfield Lane, go the Goodman. Really enjoyed it, even if a little over the top at the final stage. Takes you this way, then that way, then back again a couple of times. Really enjoyed it but it's my type of flick too.

Caught The Woman in Black on the tube as well, it was ok even if most of the scares have been done before. They had a bit to work with, i reckon they could have made this scarier. Had enough to keep me going.

Cosmopolite
24th May 2016, 01:34 PM
Eye in the sky. Very enjoyable movie. I guess this was Alan Rickmans last movie and he really was the standout. Well worth watching.

agree, loved Rickman's performance in this movie.

rather thought provoking movie

Cosmopolite
24th May 2016, 01:38 PM
Whisky Tango Foxtrot, not a bad flick but not outstanding either.

Looking forward to Deepwater Horizon later this year as I read the book a while back

blurry
27th May 2016, 09:53 PM
IP Man on again. Doesn't matter how many times its on I just have to watch it. Love this movie. +1I love Asian martial arts movies , anything by the Shaw brothers . If you liked Ip man you should watch Dragon ( Wu Xia ) also starring Donny Yen

Hatchman
28th May 2016, 03:51 PM
+1I love Asian martial arts movies , anything by the Shaw brothers . If you liked Ip man you should watch Dragon ( Wu Xia ) also starring Donny Yen

Good timing. That was on last night. I recorded it and watched it when I got home from work.

TheNuclearOne
28th May 2016, 05:33 PM
Will watch The Hunter tonight on FTA, i reckon it will be a good flick.

goughy
29th May 2016, 07:23 AM
Saw Cap US CW last night. We all enjoyed it. Park the brain outside and have some fun. I think they did a better job of explaining the conflict than was done in BMvSM. Plenty of light moments to break the 'intensity'. Probably shores up that the Cap US series of movies are my favourites of the Marvel collections so far.

Hatchman
29th May 2016, 12:18 PM
Watched Money Ball last night due to no better options. Had never seen it before as I dispise movies with Brad Pitt as a general rule.
Thought the story was interesting and over all the movie was ok.

TheNuclearOne
29th May 2016, 12:29 PM
Watched Money Ball last night due to no better options. Had never seen it before as I dispise movies with Brad Pitt as a general rule.
Thought the story was interesting and over all the movie was ok.

I enjoyed it, not a bad flick.

Hard_Pan
29th May 2016, 07:19 PM
13hours: the secret soldiers of Benghazi. Based on a true story involving 'real' characters.

I'm a sucker for 'backs to the wall', "odds are against us" type movies e.g. Zulu (one of my all time faves), and this had elements but unfortunately I feel that the potential was never fully realised. Story was reasonably told (seems they spent a bit on special effects too), but I really did not like all the fast cutting in the fire fight scenes plus the lighting made it look too glitzy/unrealistic. Sure enough, the credits roll and I see that Michael Bay was the director - he did all the Transformers movies!! Problem identified..

goughy
29th May 2016, 08:31 PM
You forgot about the latest TMNT movie too!

He did direct the music video for the Divinyls: I Touch Myself. Any redemption there?

Hard_Pan
29th May 2016, 09:06 PM
Have not seen TMNT (fortunately), goughy and I did not know Bay directed that clip (which I acknowledge is a classic). Now I know why there were scenes in 13hours that looked straight out of a music video.

goughy
30th May 2016, 07:00 AM
I actually only found out about the clip when double checking that he did do TMNT, which I was 90% sure of. He did a few other music videos too, and a playboy pet of the month video (or something) too.

Hatchman
4th June 2016, 08:53 AM
+1I love Asian martial arts movies , anything by the Shaw brothers . If you liked Ip man you should watch Dragon ( Wu Xia ) also starring Donny Yen

Another Donny Yen one on last night "Legend of the Fist"

highballin
5th June 2016, 11:28 AM
Eddie the Eagle

Movie was watchable and enjoyable despite Hugh Jackmans awful acting. Main character was good.

AndyP
5th June 2016, 11:43 AM
Eddie the Eagle

Movie was watchable and enjoyable despite Hugh Jackmans awful acting. Main character was good.
I watched that with the family last night; it was a fun movie. Very loosely based on the true story though.

Grunt
5th June 2016, 12:19 PM
Watched Ted 2 on Presto yesterday afternoon. Not too bad but was not expecting great things, some funny moments but overall a 2/5 star movie.

benno_r
7th June 2016, 08:47 PM
Had an enjoyable half hour watching this "movie"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

TheNuclearOne
7th June 2016, 09:39 PM
Watched The Revenant yesty. I enjoyed it, awesome effort from DiCaprio. The backgrounds and scenery are just gorgeous, the action and efforts at survival brutal to the extreme. You could almost feel the cold on various occasions throughout the movie. Pretty bleak and harrowing but even at near 2 1/2" hours i never thought it lost momentum or interest.

Sat thru (remake) Secret in their Eyes, had Julia Roberts, Kidman and Ejiofor at the forefront. Very very slow burner that finally gives a bit of excite and substance at the end. More of a drama than anything and too slow for me to really recommend.

goughy
12th June 2016, 09:20 PM
Oh my friggin god, Rob just had me stitched up something chronic.
About a week ago, during an ad for the upcoming broadcast of 'Noah', she said she wouldn't mind watching that! Some serious eyebrow raising from me.

Fast forward to today, and we get to the start of the movie. First images are of a snake and an Apple, and she says 'Jeeze, it's getting a bit biblical already'. I nearly died with laughter..... what the hell did she expect!

markTHEblake
13th June 2016, 08:54 PM
Didnt they tell you it was a "greenie tree hugger" movie before it started?

Ashes
13th June 2016, 09:07 PM
For anyone into Icelandic films and black metal; Metalhead is worth a watch.

damoocow
13th June 2016, 09:14 PM
Will watch The Hunter tonight on FTA, i reckon it will be a good flick.

Steve McQueen's last film role - critics didn't like it but I reckon it's pretty good

TheNuclearOne
13th June 2016, 09:23 PM
Steve McQueen's last film role - critics didn't like it but I reckon it's pretty good

Different movie Moo

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1703148/?ref_=nv_sr_1

goughy
13th June 2016, 11:12 PM
Didnt they tell you it was a "greenie tree hugger" movie before it started?
I don't know, I wasn't taking much notice. I've heard the story enough times. I don't seem to remember the dog with scales, and the giant rock people in the original though.

markTHEblake
14th June 2016, 08:44 PM
I don't know, I wasn't taking much notice. I've heard the story enough times. I don't seem to remember the dog with scales, and the giant rock people in the original though.
You couldnt have, nobody ever heard 'that' story before.
It was the biggest cheat in movie history ever.

Hatchman
15th June 2016, 10:31 PM
Book of Eli.
far from good but just can't not watch it. It must be Mila Kunis, can't be any other reason.

Johnny Canuck
15th June 2016, 10:35 PM
The Resurrection of Jake the Snake.

A very well done doco about his journey to sobriety.

TheNuclearOne
15th June 2016, 10:50 PM
Book of Eli.
far from good but just can't not watch it. It must be Mila Kunis, can't be any other reason.

Seen that a couple of times and don't mind it actually. Mila doesn't hurt but old mate Oldman usually plays a pretty damn "good" bad guy. Washington is a decent actor too.

markTHEblake
18th June 2016, 06:48 PM
Seen that a couple of times and don't mind it actually. Mila doesn't hurt but old mate Oldman usually plays a pretty damn "good" bad guy. Washington is a decent actor too.
Its one of those movies you want to watch twice, just to figure out 'how'. Oldman has played some pretty cool bad guys, like in Fifth Element and The Professional, they are kind of all the same in a way

goughy
18th June 2016, 10:05 PM
Just introduced Kyan to Spaceballs. Reckon I haven't seen it in 15 plus years.

highballin
18th June 2016, 10:26 PM
Just introduced Kyan to Spaceballs. Reckon I haven't seen it in 15 plus years.

Now that's a classic:lol:

TheNuclearOne
19th June 2016, 12:38 AM
Its one of those movies you want to watch twice, just to figure out 'how'. Oldman has played some pretty cool bad guys, like in Fifth Element and The Professional, they are kind of all the same in a way

Absolutely on all counts Blakey. Mateand i saw to The 5th Element in the cinema, it was awesome. Really awesome.

goughy
19th June 2016, 04:43 AM
5th Element was the first dvd Rob and I ever owned. We bought it when we bought our first dvd player, and there was no disagreement between us in its purchase. We both still love it.

TheNuclearOne
19th June 2016, 10:01 AM
5th Element was the first dvd Rob and I ever owned. We bought it when we bought our first dvd player, and there was no disagreement between us in its purchase. We both still love it.

I too have it Goughy. That and Se7en were two of the first DVD's i ever bought.

Hatchman
19th June 2016, 01:37 PM

Super green .....buzzzzzzzzzz

gazgolf1
19th June 2016, 07:45 PM
The latest Xmen movie...meh.

markTHEblake
23rd June 2016, 11:11 PM
Absolutely on all counts Blakey. Mateand i saw to The 5th Element in the cinema, it was awesome. Really awesome.

I think 5th Element might be my most watched movie ever. If its not, I have no idea what is!

TheNuclearOne
23rd June 2016, 11:13 PM
I think 5th Element might be my most watched movie ever. If its not, I have no idea what is!

That, Pulp Fiction and Tombstone for me i reckon.

goughy
23rd June 2016, 11:24 PM
Well there's 3 very different movies.....

TheNuclearOne
24th June 2016, 06:33 PM
Well there's 3 very different movies.....

Pretty varied taste here Goughy, same with music. Three great ficks and i never get tired of them.

Johnny Canuck
24th June 2016, 09:57 PM
That, Pulp Fiction and Tombstone for me i reckon.

Pulp is up there for me. Tombstone is great. Need to revisit.

goughy
24th June 2016, 11:10 PM
I still remember seeing pulp at the cinema.... Uma and the heroine scene. Had a snicker to my mate that she was gonna snort it, then when she pretty much bleeding from her eyes, I burst out laughing. Reckon I had the whole cinema looking at me (was just a little theatre though). Sick bastard I know.

goughy
24th June 2016, 11:12 PM
Just watched The Equalizer. Didn't remind me of my old fav show staring Edward Woodwardwoodwardwoodward. He seemed less viscous.

highballin
26th June 2016, 02:48 PM
Everest

Movie based on a true story. Great cinematography and solid acting makes for a very good movie

goughy
26th June 2016, 04:19 PM
What's it about?

highballin
26th June 2016, 06:58 PM
What's it about?

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi3510087705

Johnny Canuck
26th June 2016, 08:22 PM
Amy, the Amy Winehouse story.

**** me, we lost a brilliant artist.

Hatchman
26th June 2016, 08:42 PM
Amy, the Amy Winehouse story.

**** me, we lost a brilliant artist.

Was that on TV, cinema or DVD?

Johnny Canuck
27th June 2016, 10:11 AM
Was that on TV, cinema or DVD?

Netflix

Frank
27th June 2016, 05:00 PM
Money Monster.
I thought it was very good. Definitely one of the better movies this year.
The trailer for Magnificent Seven looked pretty cool too. There was also a trailer for the new Ben Hur movie.
The studios must be running out of ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheNuclearOne
27th June 2016, 06:41 PM
Watched Red 2 on FTA last night. Really enjoyed it, first one was very good too. Good light hearted fun. Hopkins character was excellent.

Johnny Canuck
28th June 2016, 07:30 AM
Midnight Special: kind of a "throwback" to the classic 1980s sci fi thriller.

Very unique in the way it takes a long time for character development.

Quite enjoyed it, good ending. Would recommend.

Michael Shannon is an actor who's work I have always enjoyed.

Eddie the Eagle: you know exactly what you are getting here; feel good movie, predictable, especially if you already know of him. A more recent "Cool Runnings".

Highly entertaining, great family movie; I'll be watching it again with the kids.

TheNuclearOne
28th June 2016, 11:38 AM

Very unique in the way it takes a long time for character development.

Quite enjoyed it, good ending. Would recommend.

Michael Shannon is an actor who's work I have always enjoyed.

Eddie the Eagle: you know exactly what you are getting here; feel good movie, predictable, especially if you already know of him. A more recent "Cool Runnings".

Highly entertaining, great family movie; I'll be watching it again with the kids.

Good stuff, i've been wanting to see Midnight Special. Glad it comes together well.

TheNuclearOne
2nd July 2016, 01:36 PM
Watched Bridesmaids last night on a tip and would not have believed how many genuine belly laughs a chick flick provided. The bridesmaids dress scene is some of the funniest sh1t i have ever watched, pun intended.

goughy
2nd July 2016, 04:12 PM

Yeah, we enjoyed this thanks JC

Johnny Canuck
2nd July 2016, 04:18 PM
Yeah, we enjoyed this thanks JC

Glad to hear.

Watched "The Revenant", very well done. Leo definitely deserves the critical acclaim that he receives.

Deadpool wasn't entirely what I was expecting, it was a nice change from the normal superhero style movie. Quite a few laugh out loud moments. Not for kids

jimandr
3rd July 2016, 10:19 PM
I haven't actually watched any movies for a while, but I will do so shortly.

My Foxtel is giving me the movie channels for free right now. I don't know for how long this will last, so I'll be firing up the IQ3 on a regular basis. I've got Interstellar recording as I type, and I'm sure I'll find a few others.

But I wasn't inspired by too many of the other choices tonight. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

Archi
4th July 2016, 05:52 PM
Begrudgingly went with the bride to "Me Before You" & was pleasantly surprised that it was actually really good , interesting, non soppy & genuinely funny.

BrisWesty
4th July 2016, 06:15 PM
What's it about?

Everest? He can't summit up easily.

BrisWesty
4th July 2016, 06:20 PM
Watched The Lady in the Van last night. Maggie Smith is quite an amazing actor.

Did I enjoy the movie? I guess so. It was quite different and based on a true story, though why you would let a person park their derelict vehicle in your driveway for 15 years and live in it is beyond me.

highballin
4th July 2016, 06:30 PM
Everest? He can't summit up easily.

True

goughy
4th July 2016, 06:30 PM
I've wondered about this one too, if it was worth the gander. Judy Dench, Helen Mirren and Maggie Smith really are 3 of the greatest actresses around! Great british triumvirate.

Frank
4th July 2016, 09:06 PM
The Brothers Grimsby.
Some funny scenes but possibly one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I really do wonder what's going through people's mind when they think up scenes like the ones in this movie.

jimandr
5th July 2016, 09:55 PM
It appears the World Movies channel on Foxtel are running an Aussie Schlock films of the 70's festival. Students of Australian cultural history should not miss Alvin Purple or Barry McKenzie when they appear.

I'm currently watching The Man From Hong Kong.

The memories are flooding back. This was the first R Rated movie I ever saw.

It is a great snapshot of Sydney in the 70's, and it has kung fu fight scenes, and it has George Lazenby and Frank Thring in it. It also has some of the worst acting you will ever see. One of the most unintentionally funny films of all time.

I'm in heaven.

Hatchman
5th July 2016, 10:08 PM
It appears the World Movies channel on Foxtel are running an Aussie Schlong films of the 70's festival. Students of Australian cultural history should not miss Alvin Purple

FFY [emoji12]

LeftyHoges
6th July 2016, 12:28 PM
Caught Finding Nemo last night.

Still damn good.

TheNuclearOne
6th July 2016, 04:24 PM
The Martian last night, fantastic.

Johnny Canuck
6th July 2016, 05:30 PM
The Martian last night, fantastic.

Nice. This is on the radar for me.

TheNuclearOne
6th July 2016, 05:45 PM
Nice. This is on the radar for me.

Put it off a few weeks ago, thought jeez it's long will it get tedious at any stage? Really, really enjoyed it. Most i've enjoyed a movie this year i reckon.

goughy
6th July 2016, 05:56 PM
Yeah, had seen it before but watched it with the kids on the weekend. Does Matt Damon get it wrong these days?
Can't wait for the next Bourne.

Johnny Canuck
6th July 2016, 05:58 PM
Put it off a few weeks ago, thought jeez it's long will it get tedious at any stage? Really, really enjoyed it. Most i've enjoyed a movie this year i reckon.

I planned to watch it on my return flight the other day, turned out my company switched airlines for the flight home.

Confused me for about 5 minutes when my online check in wasn't working because I was on the wrong website.

TheNuclearOne
6th July 2016, 06:11 PM
I planned to watch it on my return flight the other day, turned out my company switched airlines for the flight home.

Confused me for about 5 minutes when my online check in wasn't working because I was on the wrong website.

Get on it mate.

TheNuclearOne
6th July 2016, 06:20 PM
Yeah, had seen it before but watched it with the kids on the weekend. Does Matt Damon get it wrong these days?
Can't wait for the next Bourne.

He's been a fantastic actor for ages now. I too can't wait for Bourne, if it's 2/3 as good as it's predecessors it will be awesome.

TheNuclearOne
6th July 2016, 06:22 PM
I'm thinking he will consumate things with Stiles.

goughy
6th July 2016, 06:38 PM
He's certainly bided his time! 3 of my favourite movies so far. To me he was the most unsupposing person to play such a character, and that helped make them for me. Fight scenes are redonculous.

markTHEblake
7th July 2016, 09:07 PM
Iron Sky.

nazis on the moon, thought it would be a B grade crap thing but it s really quite good.

TheNuclearOne
8th July 2016, 05:07 PM
I remember watching tha6t a couple of years ago, quite enjoyed it.

Hard_Pan
11th July 2016, 09:12 PM
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. This is a mash up of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice and an alternate history slash (pun intended), zombie flick.

It is a (tongue in cheek), humorous story of love and life and zombies among English gentility during the Georgian era. Mr. Bennet (a.k.a. Tyrel Lannister), is an english gentleman living in Hartfordshire with his overbearing wife and 5 daughters (who are all handy at killing zombies). If Mr. Bennet dies their house will be (destroyed by zombies and/or), inherited by a distant cousin whom they have never met, so the family's future happiness and security is dependant on the daughters making good marriages and fighting zombies.

I was expecting a D grade schlock fest made for less than the cost of a bag of twisties however it is clear quite a bit of quid went into the making of this. The costuming and sets are first class. The casting is pretty good as is the acting IMHO. The plot is interesting and I guess the book (which was a number one best seller apparently), would have been able to go into the back story in more detail but in this movie, you only get fits and spurts (pun intended), of zombie action which kind of kills it (pun intended again). So it's understandable why it bombed at the box office.

Normally, I don't bother persisting if a movie is a real dud but this one kept me watching.. That said, I'm not really sure why.

Spotting Cersei Lannister as a leather clad, katana weilding, eye patch wearing zombile killing baroness was fun but the character (like most of the zombie part of the movie), is thoroughly underdone. 4/10 :)

Hatchman
26th July 2016, 11:44 PM
The Last Castle.
Still just as good as the first time I saw it.

Hatchman
28th July 2016, 12:09 AM
Robocop, the re-make.
Liked the old much better.

TheNuclearOne
28th July 2016, 12:35 AM
Watched the two Maze Runner flicks last weekend, they were ok. Divergent was ok. Survivor was ok, Brosnan was interesting as a villain and Milla always floats my boat.

Hard_Pan
28th July 2016, 11:50 PM
Robocop, the re-make.
Liked the old much better.Couldn't agree more.

PeteyD
29th July 2016, 06:38 AM
The new star trek. Pretty good and largely what is expected.

Hatchman
9th August 2016, 01:04 AM
Caddy Shack I & II over the last 2 nights. They were on, just had to watch:roll:

goughy
9th August 2016, 06:22 AM
Has anyone seen Suicide Squad yet? Both my kids wanna see it but I'm not sure if Kyan (11) should. He's seen all the marvel movies, and BvS, but not movies like The Dark Knight yet, as we think Heath's Joker is still a touch full on. I can't work out if suicide squad is gonna take things too far or be ok.

WBennett
9th August 2016, 06:46 AM
Saw BFG on Sunday. From someone who loved the book, it was terrible.

Benno's Movie Rating - 1 star, download for a rainy school holidays day when you have run out of things to do.

goughy
9th August 2016, 07:46 AM
Heard that about it. Probably wouldn't matter to kids. But it does make it tough on the adults being dragged along.

AndyP
9th August 2016, 08:05 AM
Has anyone seen Suicide Squad yet? Both my kids wanna see it but I'm not sure if Kyan (11) should. He's seen all the marvel movies, and BvS, but not movies like The Dark Knight yet, as we think Heath's Joker is still a touch full on. I can't work out if suicide squad is gonna take things too far or be ok.Based on BvS, I'm surprised that anyone wants to watch anymore DC multiverse movies; BvS was a mess.

goughy
9th August 2016, 08:28 AM
Yeah, but kids don't read that much into stuff. I've often read horrible reviews of kids movies (like that Arnie Xmas one where he was chasing the toy) but when they're made for kids they just wanna see some action and stuff. Ok, Suicide Squad isn't as such made for kids, but mine won't care. I've wanted to see it, but the reviews haven't been glowing. It set an August record for ticket sales in the States, but the drop off this week will be telling.

I'm a bit the same. BvS didn't bother me too much, but I don't want everything to be a shawshank. Most of the time I just wanna park my brain outside and have some fun. I've read they're calling BvS the Ironman 2 of the DC movie'verse.

Maybe they'll get it right with Wonder Woman?

AndyP
9th August 2016, 08:33 AM
But BvS wasn't a park your brain movie; the first half barely had any action.

goughy
9th August 2016, 10:33 AM
I can park my brain outside anywhere. Been doing it here for 8 years.

jimandr
9th August 2016, 04:43 PM
Caddy Shack I & II over the last 2 nights. They were on, just had to watch:roll:

You deserve an Olympic medal if you got all the way through II. One of the worst movies ever made, and evidence that one-off's should stay at one.

markTHEblake
9th August 2016, 10:17 PM
Watched Dads Army - very good but probably not if you never saw the original.
Also saw the Jesse Owens movie, "Race" very interesting

coalesce
10th August 2016, 12:05 AM
Watched Suicide Squad tonight. It's a bit weak in parts but still enjoyable. I've always preferred the Marvel characters to the DC ones anyway but some of the ones in this were a bit crap. Captain Boomerang wtf?!

Having said that Margot Robbie is worth going to see it for. The Enchantress stuff at the end is a bit Ghostbusters tho. You'll know what I mean once you watch it

coalesce
10th August 2016, 12:07 AM
Also saw Jason Bourne last night. I enjoyed that too although had to resist the urge to shout BS every time they did some stupid impossible techy thing like instant voice activated picture enhancement

Seeing Sausage Party tomorrow - really looking forward to that!

Courty
10th August 2016, 07:25 PM
I saw Jason Bourne last week. I love the character, but this one jumped the shark for me.

Also saw (slept through) Captain America: Civil War. *yawn*

BrisWesty
10th August 2016, 10:40 PM
Eddie the Eagle. Really enjoyed it, even if Hugh Jackman was just a plot device.

coalesce
10th August 2016, 11:56 PM
Seeing Sausage Party tomorrow - really looking forward to that!

Well that was bloody weird! Quite funny tho, particularly if you like the Seth Rogan/James Franco films