PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Decided on lessons instead

oldracer
13th February 2016, 05:02 AM
Was going to see if there was a certain magic club sitting out there that would fix my game. I then gave myself an uppercut realising that fixing my swing will fix my game so further investment in more lessons is the cure. If that fails, then more hoing!!!!!!

3oneday
13th February 2016, 05:45 AM
They'll still be there when you come back :)

FuzzyJuzzy
13th February 2016, 05:51 AM
Magic clubs?? Isn't that OzGolf's forte??:).

oldracer
13th February 2016, 06:38 AM
They'll still be there when you come back :)

Magic clubs?? Isn't that OzGolf's forte??:).

I reckon I'm about a quarter of the way into the lesson investment in terms of dollars, heaps more time needed to groove the investment though but when all else fails, "magic clubs" I know will always be there, bit like that girl you use to know, the one none of your mates knew you went to see :shock:

Charger
13th February 2016, 07:36 AM
Warning: my personal opinion....

Lessons are over-rated, unless you spend a lot of time practicing what you are being taught.

benno_r
13th February 2016, 07:47 AM

Lessons are over-rated, unless you spend a lot of time practicing what you are being taught.

Ain't that the truth.

Al, just buy more gear buddy.

Gammon
13th February 2016, 08:19 AM
As I told the Capt, when you have a Rolls Royce swing like yours Al, you don't need lessons, just turn the key baby.

(Just dont stall it 😆)

FuzzyJuzzy
13th February 2016, 08:25 AM
Warning: my personal opinion....Lessons are over-rated, unless you spend a lot of time practicing what you are being taught.Not sure if they're over-rated, but I think they're definitely over-priced. $50 or $60 for 30mins, which from my experience is the going rate, is plenty expensive in my opinion. Particularly if you don't have the patience to persevere with the changes through the shit until you come out the other side with a better swing... . And doing that is not easy.

Jazz18
13th February 2016, 08:30 AM
Not going to say lessons are overrated but unless you find the right teacher, you might as well throw the money in the bin and finding the right teacher is not very easy.

virge666
13th February 2016, 09:17 AM
Not going to say lessons are overrated but unless you find the right teacher, you might as well throw the money in the bin and finding the right teacher is not very easy.

So true...

oldracer
13th February 2016, 05:26 PM
As I told the Capt, when you have a Rolls Royce swing like yours Al, you don't need lessons, just turn the key baby.

(Just dont stall it 😆)think that's the trouble Todd, keep mucking up the clutch!!!!!!!

oldracer
13th February 2016, 05:35 PM

Ain't that the truth.

Al, just buy more gear buddy.

Not sure if they're over-rated, but I think they're definitely over-priced. $50 or $60 for 30mins, which from my experience is the going rate, is plenty expensive in my opinion. Particularly if you don't have the patience to persevere with the changes through the shit until you come out the other side with a better swing... . And doing that is not easy.

So true...

Prior to Vic Champs I played a comp round with the new Ass Pro at my club and hit it off with him very well. Purchased the package, 4 x 1hr lessons at $60 per lesson which I thought was good value to try and find more fairways. We have gone back to basics which is fine by me. I am fortunate that I can allocate hour/hour and a half blocks to my practise almosr daily whereas I can't find the 5 hours for a round very often so I am more than happy to put the time into grooving what I have been taught. I did find it still falls down at the moment when under a bit of pressure, driver mainly. Got one lesson left in this block and then I will go again. He likes my JDM stuff as well :)

backintheswing
13th February 2016, 09:47 PM
An ass pro Al?

mrbluu
13th February 2016, 10:19 PM
An ass pro Al?
This???

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160213/1e8f0d647eef1e5afcf5d0c23d57c8ce.jpg

Johnny Canuck
13th February 2016, 11:02 PM

This is spot on.

I was 100% self taught and got down to a decent cap.

Bought two lessons from one guy, used one, didn't go back for number two.

Bought a 4 pack at another joint and the guy that I wanted to get the lessons from stopped teaching. The replacement was terrible. Didn't use all them.

I've finally found an awesome teacher, costs $100-$120 for an hour, but I am buying what he's selling. Worth every penny. I need to see him more than once a year though.

TheNuclearOne
13th February 2016, 11:10 PM
This is spot on.

Bought a 4 pack at another joint and the guy that I wanted to get the lessons from stopped teaching. The replacement was terrible. Didn't use all them.

I've finally found an awesome teacher, costs $100-$120 for an hour, but I am buying what he's selling. Worth every penny. I need to see him more than once a year though.

Completely and utterly agree.

Jazz18
14th February 2016, 12:46 AM
This is spot on.

Nice one.

simmsy
14th February 2016, 03:15 AM
This is spot on.

I could of taught you how to throw sandbags son for half the rate.

oldracer
14th February 2016, 03:17 AM
An ass pro Al?with a capital A Ash....