PDA

View Full Version : Golfers face new hazard... film at eleven.

Courty
26th July 2004, 10:43 PM
http://www.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,10248391%255E13762,00.html

FORGET water hazards and sandtraps, health hazards are the main concern for unfortunate golfers at a course in Thailand who are dodging stray bullets from a nearby shooting range, an official said.
Retrieving an errant tee-shot has become a no-no on the 15th hole at the Field Marshall Plaek Golf Course, which abuts a shooting range in Lopburi province where police officers are known to practice their marksmanship.
"We have seen bullets glancing off from somewhere and falling on our golf course," course manager Colonel Bavornrat Maitreeprasat told AFP.
Several golfers have expressed their fears about the hazardous conditions but for many the risk of getting hit by a bullet is not enough to keep them from playing out a full 18-hole round, Bavornrat said.
"It's nothing to worry about because no one has been hurt," he said. "The 15th hole is nearest the shooting range and we hardly hear any shots, but a few golfers get scared."
The course is located on a Thai military base, and army officials have ordered the shooting range to strictly control its gunners and use low-calibre weapons.
Agence France-Presse

Jarro
27th July 2004, 03:26 AM
man, i love my golf... but i don't think i love it that much that i'd risk getting shot :shock:

Flowergirl
27th July 2004, 10:02 AM
Jeez.........the way I play sometimes I think I need to be taken out to the back of the 15th and get a bullet to the back of the head. Put everyone out of their misery. :lol: