PDA

View Full Version : Ping clubs

Lost Ball
10th February 2016, 09:39 PM
Hi. Can anyone please tell me of there's a noticeable difference between Ping Eye 2+ irons and Ping G20's?

Brief story is I recently bought a fairly decent set of Eye2+ irons (3-SW) as they were dirt cheap at $70 and I couldn't walk past them. Haven't got around to taking them out at all but have already been offered $100 for them. Unfortunately I have now stumbled over a set of G20's (3-SW) that are on offer for not much more than I've been offered already for the Eye's. As such I dunno whether to keep the Eye's or take a chance on the G's.

I suppose I'm asking whether there are any good reasons to get the G's without having first given the Eye's a fair go.

damoocow
10th February 2016, 09:45 PM
Keep the eye2's [you'll like them]- I already have a set of eye2's so I'll buy the G20's and give you a spotter's fee.

Lost Ball
10th February 2016, 10:21 PM
Forgot to mention that on the rare occasions I currently get to go out I use DCI 981's which I find to be pretty ok given my poor standard of play.

TheNuclearOne
10th February 2016, 10:51 PM
If they are that cheap buy 'em and sell the ones you prefer less down the track. Make sure they are genuine.

Jazz18
10th February 2016, 11:16 PM
What TNO said. Or just buy them and keep them. Nothing wrong with having 3 sets of irons. Nothing wrong with having more than 3 actually.......

Daves
11th February 2016, 08:48 AM
If the set of G20s are going for around $100, then the chances of them being genuine is pretty low imo.

In terms of comparison, playing wise not a lot of difference. Both will be better than your DCIs. In terms of looks, the G20 are far more modern obviously. The shafts fittedare potentially the biggest difference.

Daves
11th February 2016, 08:51 AM
what tno said. Or just buy them and keep them. Nothing wrong with having 3 sets of irons. nothing wrong with having more than 30 actually.......

FTFY.

benno_r
11th February 2016, 08:54 AM
FTFY.

Wow, I feel so inadequate with only 5 sets of Pings... lol

Daves
11th February 2016, 08:56 AM

7 sets (or more) is where it is at Benno!

goughy
11th February 2016, 09:10 AM

I have only one! I hang my head in shame, and my embarrassment clearly affects me when I get onto the golf course!

Captain Nemo
11th February 2016, 09:13 AM
Wow, I feel so inadequate with only 5 sets of Pings... lolDitto here as well, and I sold a set at the Vic champs!

goughy
11th February 2016, 09:30 AM
Actually, I only have one set of irons..... period. I'm so ashamed :(