PDA

View Full Version : Mizuno serial numbers

PeteRH
8th February 2016, 09:15 PM
I tried a set of Mizuno MP25 recently with XP115 shafts and absolutely loved them. I was striking the ball beautifully that day (for a change) so I thought I should pick up something a bit more forgiving but with those XP115's. So when I see a set of mizuno EZ forged clubs with XP115 cheap I jumped in. Well these things feel nothing like my other forged Tourstages miura or mizuno's and have me wondering if they are real.

These have no laser serial numbers on the shaft below the grip. The XP115's are not standard in these EZ's so that is maybe the reason. Do Mizuno put serial numbers on custom shafted irons?

I believe euro and U.S. clubs have serial numbers on the heads. These do not have serial numbers on the heads. Has that happened here in oz yet.

The ferrules are 7/8" 23mm long and V51## serial numbers in gold. Does that sound ok?

"True temper finest quality" on the XP115 shafts but no "made in USA". Every other true temper shaft I have seen has the USA......but these are relatively new shafts? Can anyone vouch for these shafts?

M31 Mizuno grips, heads and shafts look ridgy didge ......but just not the Mizuno feel.

Any help appreciated
Cheers
Pete

rubin
8th February 2016, 09:51 PM
My 2 cents: just because there is no laser etching/serial etc under grips/on shaft doesn't mean anything. If you like a club, but can't custom it from the retailer etc direct, you'll get it done yourself.

Also remember, that each club feels and sounds different I.e not all mizzy heads are buttery (mp59's felt like cast heads) and the right shaft and head combo matters too.

Pics will help, but best suggestion is take em to a club maker/pro/shop and get them to check them out.

PeteRH
9th February 2016, 12:24 AM
Also remember, that each club feels and sounds different I.e not all mizzy heads are buttery (mp59's felt like cast heads) and the right shaft and head combo matters too.

Pics will help, but best suggestion is take em to a club maker/pro/shop and get them to check them out.
The more I look the more I feel they are legit. Why copy a GI club with non std XP shafts when there are so many others to copy and then do such a fine job. If they felt right I would not be concerned. Thanks, good to know not all their stuff feels buttery soft.
I'll get some photos up tomorrow.

PeteRH
10th February 2016, 01:56 PM
Just to close the chapter, I jumped in too quick here. Took them out to the range last night and although they dont feel as smooth as a Miura or gamer mizuno cavity back theyare reasonably forged smooth....if you hit them close to center. In the first 10 balls I hit seems like i wasn't hitting too well. Maybe the change in shaft weight or just my lousy swing.

After talking to the local shop and reviewing a few sets, mizuno oz only have the shaft serial number on standard sets. A custom set with different shafts gets a serial number in gold on the ferrule.
XP shafts do not get the "Made in USA" on the shafts.