PDA

View Full Version : Callaway Stand bags?

simmsy
27th January 2016, 10:18 PM
avoid?
ok?
well worth getting?

what say you?

i worry about some reviews saying the internal leg system gets tangled in with the grips and that they can not retract very well.

specifically looking at the Hyper-Lite 5

thanks all.

simmsy
27th January 2016, 10:19 PM
yes i know SM are the ducks nuts but i'm not spending that amount of dollars on a bag at this point.
$250 max

Gammon
27th January 2016, 10:38 PM
If you are playing against Capt Nemo you will be needing a better bag.

Jazz18
27th January 2016, 10:44 PM
I've had a couple and while I've not carried a great deal with them, I've not had trouble in the past with grips tangling. Having said that, I had a Hyperlite 4.0 and a model before that so perhaps not relevant. The water proof ones look the part if you can get one.

simmsy
27th January 2016, 11:06 PM
If you are playing against Capt Nemo you will be needing a better bag.

one competition i will never enter against the wonky finned one is a bag comp.

but he could have Spieths' bag next Friday and it won't help him one bit. Surely that form of his has to run out soon. Hottest golf on Ozgolf right now.

besides Shadesy any way.

simmsy
27th January 2016, 11:07 PM
I've had a couple and while I've not carried a great deal with them, I've not had trouble in the past with grips tangling. Having said that, I had a Hyperlite 4.0 and a model before that so perhaps not relevant. The water proof ones look the part if you can get one.

The HL4 is pretty similar, just a smaller top than the hl5. thanks for the info.

i live in perth so getting a water proof bag just seems silly.

Gammon
27th January 2016, 11:14 PM
one competition i will never enter against the wonky finned one is a bag comp.

but he could have Spieths' bag next Friday and it won't help him one bit. Surely that form of his has to run out soon. Hottest golf on Ozgolf right now.

besides Shadesy any way.
Golfs irrelevant with Shadesy, with us its all about the fairway strut.

simmsy
27th January 2016, 11:32 PM
[emoji3]
He beat Bergsey to oblivion in their strut off.
I dare say the same will happen to you. [emoji6]

Jazz18
27th January 2016, 11:54 PM
The HL4 is pretty similar, just a smaller top than the hl5. thanks for the info.

i live in perth so getting a water proof bag just seems silly.

No worries. Just to clarify (as I didn't really explain properly in my first post), I didn't find it tangled anymore than any other stand bag. Certainly no where near as bad as some of the Ping stand bags I've had in the past. You get a bit of tangling but I don't think the stand mechanism had anything to do with it. Stand bags are small, so you get a bit of tangling, but nothing ridiculous with the HL4 that I had.

wizard_of_oz
28th January 2016, 12:28 AM
The HL4 is pretty similar, just a smaller top than the hl5. thanks for the info.i live in perth so getting a water proof bag just seems silly.Shame that you didn't post a couple of weeks sooner as I had a new Titleist stand bag that I sold locally in Perth for $130.

simmsy
28th January 2016, 12:52 AM
Ha. Was that yours in gt?

Nice bag that was.

Thesloth96
28th January 2016, 06:39 AM
Mate I just picked up a callaway hl5 2016 model I won in their Christmas give-away. Love the bag and have no issues whatsoever with the legs.

It's an awesome bag but I don't know if I'd pay rrp for it

PeteyD
28th January 2016, 07:08 AM
The Nike stand bags are pretty good. I like the exfreme sport I have. Probably my favourite of the ones I have had.

peteerb
28th January 2016, 07:48 AM
I got the Callaway Fusion 14 for Christmas, second Callaway bag and really like it. Can't compare it to anything else but never had an issue with them

simmsy
28th January 2016, 08:39 AM
Thx all. Yeah the Nike bag is nice
Pete. There's a new hl5 on gt which I might grab which is why I'm asking. Thx though.

Courty
28th January 2016, 10:25 AM
The Nike stand bags are pretty good. I like the exfreme sport I have. Probably my favourite of the ones I have had.

+1. I graduated from the SM Hybrid to my Nike and won't look back.

wizard_of_oz
28th January 2016, 10:32 AM
Ha. Was that yours in gt?Nice bag that was.Sure was, surprisingly slow to move..

Thesloth96
28th January 2016, 01:22 PM
I got the Callaway Fusion 14 for Christmas, second Callaway bag and really like it. Can't compare it to anything else but never had an issue with them
You won't be disappointed

bergsey
29th January 2016, 11:03 AM
[emoji3]He beat Bergsey to oblivion in their strut off. I dare say the same will happen to you. [emoji6] Oi !

simmsy
29th January 2016, 12:43 PM
lurkers coming out of the woodwork.

gday champ, hows the broken body going?

bergsey
29th January 2016, 03:43 PM
Prognosis negative

simmsy
29th January 2016, 03:53 PM
so old.

bergsey
29th January 2016, 04:13 PM
Haha actually improving slightly have got the right to left back instead of the old man over the top move.

simmsy
30th January 2016, 12:48 AM
Hope so mate. Be good to see you playing regularly again.