PDA

View Full Version : House of Golf in the city what is going on???

Davemason
26th July 2004, 08:04 PM
I have not been able to get on to the HOG web site, can some one tell me if the site is closed down?
Plus I was in Brisbane on the weekend in the city went to go for a look in the House of Golf city store and it was no more
Have they moved or just closed the city store?

damoocow
26th July 2004, 08:42 PM
I have not been able to get onto the HOG site for a while - but do recall they moved in the city a while ago - think it was in the same street though [ I could be mistaken - usually am !] - what do you think of the course at Coral Cove?
damoocow

gazgolf1
26th July 2004, 08:49 PM
Last time I was in the city the HOG store in Edward st had been cut in half. :?
It used to be a good store with a fair bit of gear but its not worth going into anymore.

BrisVegas
27th July 2004, 07:29 AM
I went down there yesterday for a look around and the store was gone. It was bad enough that they cut the store in half, but where's it gone now?? What is a golfer supposed to do now for a browse in the CBD????? :(

AndyP
27th July 2004, 08:52 AM
I went down there yesterday for a look around and the store was gone. It was bad enough that they cut the store in half, but where's it gone now?? What is a golfer supposed to do now for a browse in the CBD????? :(
Yeah, I forgot to post this. Did a walk by the other day, then walked past it again to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me. The 711 doesn't sell any golf gear either. :(
There's always Rebel Sport, and Super A-mart. :roll:

3oneday
27th July 2004, 09:43 AM
Wasn't there something somewhere where these guys have gone into receivership ??? Fishman knows something about it I think.

Pete

AndyP
27th July 2004, 10:02 AM
Wasn't there something somewhere where these guys have gone into receivership ??? Fishman knows something about it I think.

I'm didn't think we ever worked out what exactly was going on? :?

cazandpaul
27th July 2004, 01:17 PM
This month's Golf Magazine states an administrator has been appointed to the supplier (Vardon Golf) to the HOG franchise retail stores in NSW & QLD.

Whilst most HOG stores in NSW & QLD are still trading (some under a different name) those owned by Vardon Golf could be sold to service Bank debt.

It appears that one of the most hard hit distributors will be the Greg Norman owned International Brands.

Davemason
27th July 2004, 05:38 PM
what do you think of the course at Coral Cove?

The course is going good the greens are great the fairway are coming along some of the tee blocks needs some work but all up it is turning into a good course, all we now is a crap load of rain to fill all the water hazards.
Dave

damoocow
27th July 2004, 08:50 PM
I played Coral Cove last Easter and I really liked it - the par 6 was overrated and I didn't think much of the 6th and 7th but thought the 5th was a cracker of a hole [had a rare birdie there!]- I think the 17th was being redone when we played it which was a shame as it looked like the best hole on the course - certainly it is going to be a great track with some better condition , but it is far better than any other course up there that I have played.
damoocow

990B Luva
28th July 2004, 11:36 AM
Do a search for a topic titled HOG QLD gone, i were the initial starter of this HOG info on Ozgolf. I found this out on www.thegolfforum.com.au a forum run by another member here, Ben