PDA

View Full Version : Clicgear Push Cart Bag Options

Deester
23rd January 2016, 06:29 PM
G'day guys,

Thinking on moving on from the Titleist staff bag (too heavy and bulky) and looking at push cart bag options for the Clicgear 3.5 cart.

Had a look at the Sun Mountain C130 and Clicgear B3 (older style I think?) both looked good, but wanted to hear of other options and if the C130 and B3 are any good.

Any opinions appreciated ... Also any particular bags to steer clear of ?

Cheers.

Ron Burgundy
23rd January 2016, 06:54 PM
I don't have either, but when I was tossing up between sun mountain C130 & Sync bags I found a number of threads on wrx about the C130 not sitting well on the Clicgear. Something about the angle of the top being designed to stand upright in carts and clubs being hard to access in a buggy.

Dunno how valid any of that is, but it might be worth checking out.

RobNewy
23rd January 2016, 07:25 PM
The Ping Pioneer and the Ping DLX are awesome on ClicGears

Lagerlover
23rd January 2016, 08:26 PM
I don't have either, but when I was tossing up between sun mountain C130 & Sync bags I found a number of threads on wrx about the C130 not sitting well on the Clicgear. Something about the angle of the top being designed to stand upright in carts and clubs being hard to access in a buggy.

You may have saved me there Mr Burgundy..

Captain Nemo
23rd January 2016, 08:37 PM
Just buy the clicgear tour bag conversion kit, might save you some $$$$

LoveGolf2012
23rd January 2016, 09:03 PM

Are they easy to set up?I need one for my Mizuno bag!

Captain Nemo
23rd January 2016, 09:08 PM
Nope piece of piss....

LoveGolf2012
23rd January 2016, 09:21 PM
Cheers mate will get one then

Deester
23rd January 2016, 09:31 PM

Yeah was just reading that ... Scratched from the list now. Shame, nice looking bag.

The Ping Pioneer and the Ping DLX are awesome on ClicGears

They look pretty good, just hefty on the price though. They would sit nicely inline with my current Ping fetish.

You may have saved me there Mr Burgundy..

+1

Yeah, got one ! Just a bit over the staff bag thing at the moment. The current Titleist staff bag sits fine on the clicgear without the conversion kit.

Nope piece of piss....

+1

Captain Nemo
23rd January 2016, 09:39 PM
Sell it to Ray.... (The kit)

Deester
23rd January 2016, 09:43 PM
Sell it to Ray.... (The kit)

Think a mate's got it ? I'll check tomorrow and put it up for sale if I still have it.

They're are cheap as though, from memory something like $30 posted from GB.

Lagerlover
23rd January 2016, 09:45 PM
My eagles and birdies bag sits absolutely perfectly on the 3.5+. Older model, with magnetic pockets... it's awesome.

Jazz18
24th January 2016, 08:20 AM
Ping cart bags are great. If you want lightweight, go for the Pioneer.

markTHEblake
24th January 2016, 06:05 PM
Every bag I have sucks on the clicgear. The upper bracket is too low and it wears a hole in bagfrom rubbing. Good buggy but for that reason shits me no end.

jezaa
24th January 2016, 09:21 PM
Works fine with my stadry and ping stand bags

Gw 86
25th January 2016, 12:01 AM
B3 is good obviously sits perfectly on the cart but also has plenty of pockets with a few small internal pockets so you dont loose things . Comes with full rain cover which is a bonus

dM.
25th January 2016, 02:45 AM
What do you want from a bag? I use a staff bag because I detest full length dividers (especially with thicker grips).

As previously stated the ping bags aren't a bag option, if you are gonna spend the money on a pioneer may as well get the DLX verions (looks better!).

Deester
26th January 2016, 10:32 PM
What do you want from a bag?

Thinking the two cart bags I'm most into are the Ping Pioneer II or the latest Clicgear B3 ... Just have see what I can dig up. @ $300+ retail might try to find 2nd hand options first.

The staff bag I currently use (Titleist) is the old school 6 way divider style and sh!ts me to tears and is heavy. Also does not have a huge amount of storage once on the CG 3.5 as you lose the large front pocket. It's a great bag, don't get me wrong ... Just think there's a better option.

Basically want something lighter with more storage and dividers.

Lagerlover
26th January 2016, 10:38 PM
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/kilsyth-south/golf/clicgear-b3-golf-bag-new/1100356018

Lagerlover
26th January 2016, 10:40 PM
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/leichhardt/golf/clicgear-golf-bag/1101413696

benno_r
26th January 2016, 11:03 PM
I never found any bag to work to my liking on a clicgear - always ended up with wedges getting in the way of the net.

I installed a tour bag kit on top, and a bag spacer on the bottom and now it is excellent. Can imagine it working well with any bag now.

mrbluu
26th January 2016, 11:36 PM
I never found any bag to work to my liking on a clicgear - always ended up with wedges getting in the way of the net.

I installed a tour bag kit on top, and a bag spacer on the bottom and now it is excellent. Can imagine it working well with any bag now.
Benno what is a bag spacer???

Also I think this would be a good buy for someone who wants to use a carry bag on the clicgear.

http://www.clicgear.com/accessories/bag-cozy.php

3Puttpete
27th January 2016, 01:26 AM
No problems with my Cleveland cart bag. Haven't tried a stand bag on it.

benno_r
27th January 2016, 06:55 AM
Benno what is a bag spacer???

Also I think this would be a good buy for someone who wants to use a carry bag on the clicgear.

http://www.clicgear.com/accessories/bag-cozy.php
Just checked, it's called a booster clip. When you put the upper arms off the tour mount on, it tilts the front edge of your bag even closer to the front wheel.

I installed the bottom mount of the tour kit, but didn't like the way that worked, so tried the std bottom mount with a booster clip, now very happy.