PDA

View Full Version : Golf QLD Foresomes Comp 2016

billp
22nd January 2016, 01:05 PM
Would any be interested in teaming up for the QLD foresomes champs being held at Wynnum April 3.

I have never played a foresomes event, so keen to give it a go. It's 36 holes, but with alternative shots you only really play 18.

3Puttpete
22nd January 2016, 01:35 PM
Stupid game.

Good luck

markTHEblake
22nd January 2016, 01:53 PM
Love to but can't do 36 in a day. Broke my walking stick.

Hatchman
22nd January 2016, 04:05 PM
Would any be interested in teaming up for the QLD foresomes champs being held at Wynnum April 3.

I have never played a foresomes event, so keen to give it a go. It's 36 holes, but with alternative shots you only really play 18.

Best of luck finding a partner. Not much love for the straight foursome these days.

As a junior in the Riverland all the clubs had mixed and mens foursome club championships. There was even a Riverland foursome championship. Thought that was a thing that ever club did until I moved. The last 3 clubs I've been a member of didn't/don't have a foursome club championship. I think it's some thing a lot of clubs have let go over the years as the majority hate playing in them. I personally think its a great game.

S.A still has a State one and there's also a Country one as part of Country week although that is now only over 18 holes were it used to be over 36.

backintheswing
22nd January 2016, 04:09 PM
For the first time since 1926, my local club canned the foursomes last year. Admittedly it was A grade pennants weekend, but that was only 9 of us. Just about zero interest now.

Lagerlover
22nd January 2016, 04:31 PM
I was going to put my hand up, but you may have already heard about me from Daves.

wazamac
22nd January 2016, 04:35 PM
Our foursomes still has a fair bit of interest. Still have a ladies, mens and mixed comps held at different times during the year.
Our club introduced a plate for the best nett score a couple of years ago and this injected a lot more people into the mix.
Played the mixed last november, played like crap but it was fun all the same.

Hatchman
22nd January 2016, 04:41 PM
Our foursomes still has a fair bit of interest. Still have a ladies, mens and mixed comps held at different times during the year.
Our club introduced a plate for the best nett score a couple of years ago and this injected a lot more people into the mix.
Played the mixed last november, played like crap but it was fun all the same.

Did you get into character and wear the lippy & skirt or just teed from the reds :razz:?

wazamac
22nd January 2016, 04:55 PM
Had to wear matching outfits of the same colour shirt and bottoms..:oops: I refused to buy a "G" banger tho.:shock:

Lagerlover
22nd January 2016, 04:57 PM
Hahaha

markTHEblake
22nd January 2016, 10:05 PM
For the first time since 1926, my local club canned the foursomes last year. Admittedly it was A grade pennants weekend, but that was only 9 of us. Just about zero interest now.

almost the same here. Its because golf clubs are pandering to the 'wit car park golfers who whine about such events, and as such allow the golfers to choose whether to partake or just play a single event on the day, and therefore interest declines.

At least my club did the right thing this year, forced everyone to play foursomes in round 1, round 2 the following saturday was optional, yet more people elected to play it again, than on other years it was optional.

Foursomes is a great event. Those that whine about it probably do so because they suck. When was the last time anyone played a Canadian mixed 2 stroke?

p.s. Lager loves foursomes, apparently.

Lagerlover
22nd January 2016, 10:10 PM
p.s. Lager loves foursomes, apparently.

I usually need a little kip after the third one...