PDA

View Full Version : When do you play your best golf?

goughy
20th January 2016, 09:42 AM
I mean o'clock wise!

I'm trying to remember when I was playing at my best. It was a long time ago now! It was before I had easier to hit clubs. But I remember that period of golf I was playing with some mates who wouldn't play in the mornings. So all my golf was late morning/afternoon sessions. I was pretty consistent without any super low scores, but I never had blowouts. But I prefer morning golf cause then I at least feel like I've got some of the day left. But over the years I've never scored well in the mornings.

So is there a time of the day that you play better?

Ferrins
20th January 2016, 09:45 AM
The last couple of holes of a round when Jamie has a birdie and I don't.

spanner039
20th January 2016, 10:16 AM
when i dont try

backintheswing
20th January 2016, 10:35 AM
When I am sober, as anyone who saw me at Latrobe last year can verify.

Kaniss
20th January 2016, 10:44 AM
At night. It's the weirdest thing, in the morning I have no confidence to swing the club properly. Come 6pm and onwards I pickup my clubs and have all the confidence in the world.

SundayHack
20th January 2016, 10:52 AM
After lunch and a 6 pack.

LoveGolf2012
20th January 2016, 10:53 AM
When my back is feeling good and confidence is up

coalesce
20th January 2016, 11:13 AM
When I'm hungover and it is more of a conscious effort to have to concentrate on what I'm doing. Problem is when I'm hungover, I generally don't make it to the course in the first place

Coopers Country
20th January 2016, 11:20 AM
After lunch and a 6 pack.

This , my back 9 is nearly always better , and don't play very well in the morning

WBennett
20th January 2016, 11:20 AM
When I am sober, as anyone who saw me at Latrobe last year can verify.
That was the best round by a comatose person I have ever seen.

WBennett
20th January 2016, 11:21 AM
Late morning/lunchtime, when i can get to the club, have a couple of beers beforehand, and a couple on the way around.

thecollective
20th January 2016, 11:29 AM
When I'm hungover and it is more of a conscious effort to have to concentrate on what I'm doing. Problem is when I'm hungover, I generally don't make it to the course in the first place

Im exactly the same - my best rounds have always been with a hangover

I always play better late morning or early arvo, however I have to play at dawn because I have a 1 & 3 year old to entertain for the rest of the day.

Hatchman
20th January 2016, 02:31 PM
I can be just as crap or good at any time of the day. I'm no better in any particular time slot.

Johnny Canuck
20th January 2016, 02:34 PM
Unhandicapped comp or money matches.

Right Hoges?

Dotty
20th January 2016, 03:13 PM
When reminiscing about 5 years ago.

Jazz18
20th January 2016, 03:14 PM
Definitely prefer late morning to afternoon tee times. I am not really functional in mind or body before midday.

benno_r
20th January 2016, 03:22 PM
1st or 2nd group. So much easier to stay in the groove when you aren't getting held up.

Hatchman
20th January 2016, 07:10 PM
When I use a firm grip on my shaft.

wazamac
20th January 2016, 07:48 PM
1st or 2nd group. So much easier to stay in the groove when you aren't getting held up.

Absolutely

Lagerlover
20th January 2016, 08:02 PM
1st or 2nd group with a few beers under the belt.

oldracer
20th January 2016, 10:24 PM
1st or 2nd group with a few beers under the belt.at that time the pre game would be Stones wouldn't it??? was back in my day!!! 4am Yarra Bend carpark :roll:

Lagerlover
20th January 2016, 10:31 PM
at that time the pre game would be Stones wouldn't it??? was back in my day!!! 4am Yarra Bend carpark :roll: There's never a right time for ginger wine oldracer.

Hatchman
20th January 2016, 11:00 PM
There's never a right time for ginger wine oldracer.

What are you talking about?
As soon as you step onto a golf course it's the right time for Stones Green Ginger Wine :D

oldracer
20th January 2016, 11:22 PM
There's never a right time for ginger wine oldracer.Lager, wash your mouth out, Stones cures coughs, cold and sore holes.....possibly in that order and massive hangovers!!!!!!

PeteyD
21st January 2016, 06:15 AM
I knew there was something a bit odd about Lager ....

I regularly play in the first or second group, but I get up early anyway. I enjoy playing from about 11 most of the year, but the long round in the middle of the day does not make for a happy home.

hardboiled
21st January 2016, 08:35 AM
When I've had enough sleep..

Garbage guts
31st January 2016, 12:01 PM
Very early morning and late evening not good between 11-4 for some reason lots plus boggies

highballin
3rd February 2016, 06:25 PM
I'm no good in the morning, too hungry midday and too tired in the arvo!

Probably explains why the lessons haven't worked:roll:

FuzzyJuzzy
4th February 2016, 07:33 AM
I almost always tee off early in the morning - 0730 latest. Just got to make sure you're alert and switched on when you get to the 1st tee - coffee strong, and lately I've been sneaking in a quick 15-20mins in the gym on the way to the course to kick my fat arse into gear.
On the few times that I've played in the arvo, I don't mind it. But there's not much better than being on the course as the sun rises on a cracking day. I hang out for Saturday mornings to come around with baited breath every week:).

Johnno
4th February 2016, 08:30 AM
I almost always tee off early in the morning - 0730 latest. Just got to make sure you're alert and switched on when you get to the 1st tee - coffee strong, and lately I've been sneaking in a quick 15-20mins in the gym on the way to the course to kick my fat arse into gear.On the few times that I've played in the arvo, I don't mind it. But there's not much better than being on the course as the sun rises on a cracking day. I hang out for Saturday mornings to come around with baited breath every week:). Everytime I drive past the anytime at Cabramatta on the way to the course I think ' I should leave earlier and hit the cross trainer to warm up and loosen up for 15 mins' haven't made it yet so well done for getting in that early

Moe Norman
4th February 2016, 10:50 AM
As long as I'm not rushing to the first tee and I've had a couple of putts, I'm fine any time of day

FuzzyJuzzy
4th February 2016, 12:30 PM
Everytime I drive past the anytime at Cabramatta on the way to the course I think ' I should leave earlier and hit the cross trainer to warm up and loosen up for 15 mins' haven't made it yet so well done for getting in that early

Where do you play mate? I'm at Liverpool, but moving to Cabra GC in a few months. I've got an Anytime Fitness right near home, so pretty easy to drop in on the way to golf and a few light weights, squats and so on.

Daves
4th February 2016, 01:59 PM

So we can expect Scones, Jam and Cream tomorrow?;)

highballin
4th February 2016, 04:52 PM
No more like a chop fest!

Hatchman
4th February 2016, 05:40 PM

So we can expect Scones, Jam and Cream tomorrow?;)

Not sure about the scones and jam but you may get the cream if he hits draws all day :D

wazamac
4th February 2016, 05:43 PM
Still look like slices to me:D

Lagerlover
4th February 2016, 05:50 PM
Hahaha..

He told Daves he has nice buns???

highballin
4th February 2016, 06:12 PM
Not sure about the scones and jam but you may get the cream if he hits draws all day :D

Haha might cream myself if I hit draws all day:lol:

Still look like slices to me:D

Sometimes they are!

Hahaha..

He told Daves he has nice buns???

Allegedly and it was taken out of context!

Johnno
4th February 2016, 07:10 PM
Where do you play mate? I'm at Liverpool, but moving to Cabra GC in a few months. I've got an Anytime Fitness right near home, so pretty easy to drop in on the way to golf and a few light weights, squats and so on. I'm at Livo too mate , remember we went through this a few weeks ago lol. How come you're changing to Cabra?

Eag's
4th February 2016, 09:13 PM
After roughly 2 hours sleep the night before and 10 rums under my belt, that is if I am not punching on with someone ;)

liptout
7th February 2016, 06:51 AM
If I don't touch the clubs for 3 or 4 weeks (or even longer) I'll more than likely come and shoot my hc or better it,

If I start playing week to week I turn into a 20 marker who has to grind his way through the course to break 100!!

Buggered if I know why it happens, it's frustrating as hell,
but considering I only play once a month or so it works out good.... :)

goughy
7th February 2016, 08:04 AM
I've discovered I play my worst golf on the golf course!

Daves
7th February 2016, 08:38 AM
If I don't touch the clubs for 3 or 4 weeks (or even longer) I'll more than likely come and shoot my hc or better it,

If I start playing week to week I turn into a 20 marker who has to grind his way through the course to break 100!!

Buggered if I know why it happens, it's frustrating as hell,
but considering I only play once a month or so it works out good.... :)

I suspect the answer is no expectations. Once you start caring too much, you start trying too hard, and thinking too hard about it. Freewheeling it seems to be when I hit the ball the best and my low scores are made.

Having said that, in terms of grinding it out, I seem to be at my best when we are playing 4 ball matchplay and the pressure is on.

rubin
7th February 2016, 12:37 PM
Tee off Anytime before 8.30, as long as I'm there half an hour before hand.

Lagerlover
7th February 2016, 07:17 PM
Having said that, in terms of grinding it out, I seem to be at my best when we are playing 4 ball matchplay and the pressure is on.

But Friday's Back Marker was single stroke..

Daves
7th February 2016, 09:03 PM
But Friday's Back Marker was single stroke..

And we were a 3 ball... Keep going you will get it.......

Lagerlover
7th February 2016, 09:06 PM
Haha..

At least it was a single event I suppose.

Dotty
8th February 2016, 07:30 AM
Whenever I visit Yering Meadows.

PeteyD
10th February 2016, 11:26 AM
When not in victoria

Dotty
10th February 2016, 12:33 PM
Whenever I visit Yering Meadows.
Oops. Forgot the smiley.

My front nine today beat my Yering Meadows front nine by 16 points.

In the end, today's 42 points was exactly double Saturday's total.

WBennett
10th February 2016, 12:42 PM
Oops. Forgot the smiley.

My front nine today beat my Yering Meadows front nine by 16 points.

In the end, today's 42 points was exactly double Saturday's total.

You played pretty well Sunday. I am not surprised you went home and had a field day!

BenM
10th February 2016, 12:46 PM
When not in victoria

This. See what did you shoot.

LarryLong
10th February 2016, 01:39 PM
http://cdn.meme.am/instances2/500x/4230355.jpg