PDA

View Full Version : Online help for members with there swings

addamsmith
4th May 2006, 06:13 PM
Hi there
Being a Fully Qualified Teaching Pro, I would love to start a forum on helping with the swing here. If anyone can help set it up and want's this I would be happy to help any members with there swing fault's. Answer any question's or help in any way to assist in hitting more fairways and landing on more green's.
What do you guy's think?
Regard's
Addam

Moe Norman
4th May 2006, 06:22 PM
Answer any question's or help in any way to assist in hitting more fairways and landing on more green's. any putting tips?

Jarro
4th May 2006, 06:33 PM
lets set this puppy up.

Addam, i'm gonna make you a basket case :mrgreen:

addamsmith
4th May 2006, 06:41 PM
Moe Norman
The best way to improve your putting is to use the old sting and peg drill.
Tie sting to 2 X10 inch tent peg's ( String about 8 feet long to start) place one peg behind the hole and the other stetch the string and stick the other one in the green. Make sure you are on a straight flat part of the green with no break to start with.
Stand over the string, place a ball directly under the string. The tent pegs should be at least 10 inches long so your putter can move freely back and through.
Stand over the string and have your eyes directly over the ball.
move back and through the put making sure your putter stay's on the line it will help you if you are pushing or pulling your putt's.
Hope this helps
addam

BrisVegas
4th May 2006, 06:57 PM
You can have your way with my funky swing Addam. Can't afford lessons, so am open to helpful suggestions on how to find a simple, repeatable swing....

Here's my swing:-
http://ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2979

I can send you a better quality file if you want.

Courty
4th May 2006, 08:07 PM
You've opened a Pandora's Box now. ;)
I hit my shorter clubs fine, but anything longer than a 5 or 6 iron has a trajectory lower than I would like. Never been on a launch monitor, but I'm pretty sure my spin rate is lower than optimum. How can I get a higher launch angle?

addamsmith
4th May 2006, 08:41 PM
Hi Courty
What shafts do you play now,Flex ?
Are you hitting on the toe?
Is the flight low left or right and is it a pull or push shot?
A lot of guy's I fit use say S300 dynamic Gold in 7-pw and r300 in 3-6 iron. I myself don't like this idea. but it works for some.

It sounds like it could be even ball position.
Try this test
Hit your 7 iron by setting up with your feet together as you are addressing the ball,then bring your left foot forward say 3 inches, then move your back foot back 8 inch. stand the same distace away from the ball as normal.
Now keep that ball position and hit 10 balls now keep the same width with your longer club say your 5 iron and hit 10 more balls.
See if your ball flight is higher. I set up with the ball in the same position for all clubs but not with the driver, thats off the left heal.
I believe ball position is a major fault in ball flight problems.If you want to punch a tiger stinger you play it back in your stance, if you want to hit it high play the ball forward.
Every time I set up to hit a shot I line my club up to the target with my feet together, left foot 3 inches right foot back 8 inches.
give it a try
addam

3oneday
4th May 2006, 09:14 PM
lets set this puppy up.

Addam, i'm gonna make you a basket case :mrgreen:and if Jarro doesn't, Aloho will !!!!

:lol:

addamsmith
4th May 2006, 09:23 PM
I am happy to help for free brisvegas send me your swing to addamsmithgolfpro@gmail.com
if you have a better one it would be good, also do you have one from down the line as well.
I wont to have a free service to help ozgolf.
addam

connico
4th May 2006, 11:47 PM
Hey adam thats really nice of your to give us free online advice, what would be neat is, if you have the time, maybe go through the swing section of the forum for each play that puts thier hands up and maybe you can advise on the footage. We can see the comments seperately and we can also track the progress of the some of the advice your dishing out and how its helping us ozgolfers?

peter_rs
5th May 2006, 07:54 AM
Well I'm interested but I would have to get new video up.

Grunt
5th May 2006, 01:29 PM
Addam, I will get a file for you too, it could be quite a challenge when you see my swing :).Also I would like to thank you for the offer to all of us, a great gesture. Thank You.

BrisWesty
5th May 2006, 05:30 PM
Addam, thank you so much from all of us.
(Are you sure you know what you're doing?) ;-)
I will take you up on this when I've got a swing from the side and down the line.

Jono
5th May 2006, 05:55 PM
Onya Addam. Very nice gesture. 8)

Last I saw Andylo, he was still looking for his left nut ... :lol:

goughy
5th May 2006, 07:31 PM
This is a great gesture addam. And I'm sure many will appreciate the advice you can offer. To start off, how about members post questions in the 'In the Swing' forum. That way we have a place to keep all the info. If there's anything else you'd like in particular to assist you then let us know.

addamsmith
5th May 2006, 07:45 PM
No that will be fine mate.

Jono
6th May 2006, 09:08 AM
Goughy,

What about a "Sticky" thread in the "In The Swing" forum? Say a thread titled "Addam's Clinic" or something like that. We can ask him questions about our swings and provide links to our swings.

Jarro
6th May 2006, 09:16 AM
that's probably a good idea Jono.

It'll make it a lot easier to find for sure as i think Addam is going to be bombarded with requests for help :roll: :lol:

AndyP
6th May 2006, 09:22 AM
Looks like it could be a long thread.

goughy
6th May 2006, 10:24 AM
And if 5 people asked questions in the same thread before he had a chance to respond, then it could get pretty messy sorting through responses.

ATM it would be easier for each person to start a thread of their own. They could also use that thread for further questions/updates so over time it would be easy to see what progress has been made.

Cliky and I will talk more over the weekend to see if there is an easier way to do it.

But the 'In the swing' thread is the best option for now.

Courty
6th May 2006, 10:55 AM
Hi Courty
Hi, Addam ;)

What shafts do you play now,Flex ?
I have DGS300's in the irons (TM Rac TP combos), factory stiff graphite shaft in the 3 wood (TM V-steel), and stiff Fujikura Tour Platform 27.3 in the driver (TM R510TP).

Are you hitting on the toe?
No. I make pretty good contact with the middle of the club the majority of the time.

Is the flight low left or right and is it a pull or push shot?
Starting reasonably straight then drawing (sometimes hooking).

A lot of guy's I fit use say S300 dynamic Gold in 7-pw and r300 in 3-6 iron. I myself don't like this idea. but it works for some.
I'm happy with the shafts I have now. I believe that they are the correct ones for my swing. I'm convinced that the fault is possibly in my setup but most likely wrist/ grip-related (ie. closing the face slightly at impact)

It sounds like it could be even ball position.
Try this test
Hit your 7 iron by setting up with your feet together as you are addressing the ball,then bring your left foot forward say 3 inches, then move your back foot back 8 inch. stand the same distace away from the ball as normal.
Now keep that ball position and hit 10 balls now keep the same width with your longer club say your 5 iron and hit 10 more balls.
See if your ball flight is higher. I set up with the ball in the same position for all clubs but not with the driver, thats off the left heal.
I believe ball position is a major fault in ball flight problems.If you want to punch a tiger stinger you play it back in your stance, if you want to hit it high play the ball forward.
Every time I set up to hit a shot I line my club up to the target with my feet together, left foot 3 inches right foot back 8 inches.
give it a try
addam
I will try this next time I go for a hit.

As I said earlier, I believe the problem lies with my hands. This was reinforced by talking to Craig at my local Drummond Golf. Consequently, I am considering putting some papers under the grip to fatten it up & hopefully quieten my wrists a little at impact.

Thoughts?

Thanks again for your assistance. :)

addamsmith
6th May 2006, 03:06 PM
Goughy
I think have a sticky, in it I will have my email address addamsmithgolfpro@gmail.com
then the guy's can send there swings to me I will them check there swings out and try to break down there swing fault and post my findings.Through asking questions hopefully fix there fault's.
Do you think this is a good way.
Thanks mate
Addam

AndyP
6th May 2006, 05:15 PM
Goughy
I think have a sticky, in it I will have my email address addamsmithgolfpro@gmail.com
then the guy's can send there swings to me I will them check there swings out and try to break down there swing fault and post my findings.Through asking questions hopefully fix there fault's.
Do you think this is a good way.
Thanks mate
Addam
I'd prefer it if people posted their swings within the thread, so all can see. There are plenty of hosting sites around.

goughy
6th May 2006, 05:17 PM
If you post a new message with the details etc you want, I'll make it a sticky. Would be good to have an introductory post to start it off. I think we'll lock it too.

Bailsworth
5th July 2009, 02:30 PM
Hi Addam,
Got any pointers for a 4 handicapper who has a pretty sound swing, but of recent times has been hitting probably 85% of their irons off the bottom grooves... (i'm not sure why i made the whole sentence 3rd person.. it is actually me)

s12raider
9th August 2009, 09:05 PM
Thanks for this kind offer Addam. When I've got my swing going further than it is at present I'll send the link for your viewing and dissection.

I'm having great help from Virge and Johno over the past two weeks - just wish I could stop remembering it all on the course which is causing me nightmares!

AndyP
10th August 2009, 06:49 AM
There's no guarantee that Addam will respond, since the offer was made in 2006 and he isn't on the forum that much.