PDA

View Full Version : Titleist Staff Stand Bag / StaDry / 2015 Lightweight

Johnny Canuck
16th January 2016, 12:04 PM
Anyone have any experience with any of these?

I need a new stand bag as my 13 lightweight is getting old.

My pro shop orders things in, so I really won't get to see beforehand.

My Thoughts / Concerns on each:

Staff: Is it too heavy to carry for 18? I like the size factor as I won't have to flip back and forth between the stand and cart bags.

StaDry: reviews say that the pockets are tough to open/shut. No drink holder, no place to really store a rangerfinder. I don't really think I need the waterproofing, but the black model looks great.

Lightweight Stand: Good all around bag. Probably not much has changed since I've got mine.

Note: I don't need a bag that will stand on its own without the stand.

Ferrins
16th January 2016, 12:21 PM
Golfbox will do them for $281 (need to phone them) red and black one.
I was keen but they're two boxy for me.

Hux
16th January 2016, 01:01 PM
I have the black Titty stadry.
Never noticed issues with zips. I put rangefinder in the larger of the front pockets.
Water bottle can go in the side pockets easy enough.
Good legs and sits well on a Clickgear if you are not carrying.
Shoulder straps are not as nice as the OEM version of the same bag (had one of those as well) the Sun Mountain H2NO.

Johnny Canuck
16th January 2016, 01:17 PM
I have the black Titty stadry.
Never noticed issues with zips. I put rangefinder in the larger of the front pockets.
Water bottle can go in the side pockets easy enough.
Good legs and sits well on a Clickgear if you are not carrying.
Shoulder straps are not as nice as the OEM version of the same bag (had one of those as well) the Sun Mountain H2NO.

Cheers Hux. Good shoulder straps are a must.

Ferrins
16th January 2016, 01:26 PM
I was inspired by Hux but went for a Srixon Tour bag instead.

Hux
16th January 2016, 01:33 PM
Get the Sunmountain version IMHO far better straps the Titty ones lack structure to the padding.

simmsy
16th January 2016, 01:51 PM
you read the part about his proshop getting it in?

his proshop won't get SM in.

Hux
16th January 2016, 01:55 PM
you read the part about his proshop getting it in?

his proshop won't get SM in.

And I knew what his shop stocked how?

Johnny Canuck
16th January 2016, 02:15 PM
Get the Sunmountain version IMHO far better straps the Titty ones lack structure to the padding.

I wish this were an option.

simmsy
16th January 2016, 02:24 PM
And I knew what his shop stocked how?

Does anyone stock SM?

Hux
16th January 2016, 06:46 PM
Does anyone stock SM?

Our Proshop gets it in from time to time.

jezaa
16th January 2016, 07:26 PM
Have a stadry too. No issues with zips. It does lack a cool compartment and the bottom front pocket is a bit too shallow to taller bottles, but that's nit picking.

Range finder goes in its own bag. Makes it easier to access too

Waterproofing comes in handy more often than you might think

davidw88
16th January 2016, 08:00 PM
Got a Staff stand bag, I usually use a cart but do carry sometimes usually just for 9. It is a bit heavy and wouldn't buy it if I had to carry all the time.

simmsy
16th January 2016, 08:20 PM
Our Proshop gets it in from time to time.

Interesting.

Who's their distributor?

Johnny Canuck
16th January 2016, 09:09 PM
Got a Staff stand bag, I usually use a cart but do carry sometimes usually just for 9. It is a bit heavy and wouldn't buy it if I had to carry all the time.

Good all around bag?

davidw88
16th January 2016, 09:56 PM
Good all around bag?

Yeah its not to bad, clubs don't seem to jam up in it at all which is good and looks great, they don't have alot of pockets but the ones it has are pretty big . Have had a 14 way light weight as well but prefer this one.

Hux
16th January 2016, 10:47 PM
Interesting.

Who's their distributor?

????? why would I know that? OR are you just being a dick????

peter_rs
16th January 2016, 11:07 PM
Just as update

Nudgee proshop doesn't get sun mountain any more.

The Australia resell failed. The new people with the rights didn't want the Golf product so are not importing

Or that's what I was told late last year

8081travis
16th January 2016, 11:15 PM
Have the staff stand bag, love the look, does the job recommend it

simmsy
17th January 2016, 12:52 AM
Just as update

Nudgee proshop doesn't get sun mountain any more.

The Australia resell failed. The new people with the rights didn't want the Golf product so are not importing

Or that's what I was told late last year

Thx Pete.

Not being a dick hux. Just haven't heard of anyone bringing SM in anymore. Hence me asking who the distributor is as I have two SM bags and would look to buy another later this year, But you go ahead and get all defensive now and enjoy your evening.

davidw88
17th January 2016, 07:50 AM
Thx Pete.

Not being a dick hux. Just haven't heard of anyone bringing SM in anymore. Hence me asking who the distributor is as I have two SM bags and would look to buy another later this year, But you go ahead and get all defensive now and enjoy your evening.

Ive seen Golf Traders on ebay selling them every now and then.

simmsy
17th January 2016, 10:46 AM
The last bag I bought was from a shop in adl. I rang them about colours. They said they bought all remaining bags from the dist as they were getting out of SM. Not sure how true that was but there was no benefit in a sale to him for lying. I had already bought the bag off him.

Ferrins
21st January 2016, 08:50 PM
$200 for one on Gumtree near Warwick. Looks like a 2015 model and in good nick.

markTHEblake
21st January 2016, 10:28 PM
I have a StaDry that I bought a couple of years ago for around $140 on ebay (new). I use it sparingly when I travel overseas, then for a few months afterwards when I am too lazy to swap it out.
Its survived about 25 flights and maybe one storm. No damage, and its better than the Ogio waterproofs as its hydrophobic.
(and the legs still have the plastic on them)

Jazz18
21st January 2016, 10:47 PM
Sun Mountain bags are still available in Oz as far as I know. I spoke to the distributor late last year. He also does pure grips and stewart golf (electric buggies and push buggies). He is based in Lindfield in Sydney. If you want Sun Mountain, check out the link below and ring the number at the top of the web page. I think the guys name is Rhys.

http://www.golfcartssydney.com.au

Ron Burgundy
29th January 2016, 09:49 PM
If anyone's still looking, there's a H2NO on eBay now. $100, 11hrs to go. Pick up in NSW though so the WAnkers might be out of luck.

Lagerlover
29th January 2016, 10:47 PM
Shhh.

Johnny Canuck
29th January 2016, 11:45 PM
Shhh.

:)

Ferrins
30th January 2016, 05:53 AM
Wrecked a nice bag putting the 14 way divider in it.

Lagerlover
30th January 2016, 01:17 PM
Aaarrrrgh...

Chosen by my peers to be the cricket scorer this morning. $130 for a new h2no in my favourite colour

Not happy!!!

Johnny Canuck
30th January 2016, 01:36 PM
Aaarrrrgh...

Chosen by my peers to be the cricket scorer this morning. $130 for a new h2no in my favourite colour

Not happy!!!

Great buying for someone.

Lagerlover
30th January 2016, 01:42 PM
Great buying for someone.

Shhh.

:(