PDA

View Full Version : The 2016 Ozgolf Qld Champs official thread! 29/4 to 1/5

Pages : [1] 2

benno_r
13th January 2016, 03:05 PM
The prestigious Duncan Bennett Memorial Trophy will again be up for grabs as golfers across the country compete to be Qld's top Ozgolfer.

Past Winners:
2004: Iain
2005: GazGolf
2006: DC68
2007: BrisVegas
2008: Davemason
2009: PeteThePilot
2010: Oxy
2011: Nudgee
2012: Ferrins
2013: Marto65
2014: DaveS
2015: Benno_r
2016: TBA

Kicking off Friday 29th April, and finishing on Sunday 1st of May. Come and join us in the beautiful Sunshine Coast sun. Make the most of the Labour Day long weekend for some cracking golf, with some cracking blokes (and lasses)!

A bit of a mud map for those unfamiliar with the area:
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zrU2eW1hJCpk.knJten8ae0GU&usp=sharing

Accommodation:
Friday and Saturday night. Ozgolf goes Sunshine Coast Cosmopolitan! In the heart of vibrant Coolum, across the road from the beach.

http://www.coolumbeachresort.com/

I have reserved:
8x 2 bedroom apartments. Each apartment has a room with 1 queen bed, and a room with 2 beds. This gives us capacity for up to 24 people. Charge will be $94 per room, per night. If you have the room to your self you pay the full $94. If you share a room it is $47ea.

We will need to find a few people who will take their own room (preferably 8). Please let me know your preferred option, preferred roomy if you want to share, or if you are happy to be randomly paired.

The Golf:
Friday: Coolum’s least dinosaur’d golf course. Mt Coolum GC:

http://www.mtcoolumgolf.com/golf/

Round will be social only, and we are looking to put together a champs “Friday special event”.

Costs:
$45 walking
$40 per cart

Tee time will be: 11:00 first group

Round is social only (no comp)

MT COOLUM FACT SHEET: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0epqScMYd6aOEpwZlZEXzd1bXM

Saturday: Did anyone say swanky?? The jewel of the Noosa golfing world – Noosa Springs:

http://www.noosasprings.com.au/golf/

Use all the clubs in your bag here. The layout rewards shotmaking and strategic play – the Big Dog is not always the best option around the lakes here.

Costs:
$115 inc cart, and egg and bacon muffin + coffee pre round.
An additional $7 (on the day) will see you in the open comp

Tee time is 11:00am first group.

NOOSA SPRINGS FACT SHEET: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0epqScMYd6ac1ZJY3BWWlhsNjg

Sunday: Bringing it home strong – one of the Sunshine Coast’s finest resort courses – Twin Waters GC

http://www.twinwatersgolfclub.com.au/

In my opinion, one of the Sunshine Coast’s “funnest” courses, in a really pleasant setting.

Costs:
$100 inc cart, and burger and chips after the round
An additional $10 (on the day) will see you in the open comp

Tee time is 8:30am first group.

TWIN WATERS FACT SHEET: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ADG3VITb4JCPbg5NTaFPUZM02ASK2mmshxCfx9C34 Dk

NOTE: All golf to be prebooked and includes fees for prizes (overall / NTP etc). I will register interest below and deposit / payments paid early would be most appreciated. Some people may get cheaper rates for reciprocal etc, I will adjust accordingly ON THE DAY if applicable, and refund then.

Course ratings:
Mt Coolum GC– Blue Par 72, Scr 71, Slope 130
Noosa Springs GC – Blue Par 72, Scr 71, Slope 126
Twin Waters GC – Blue Par 72, Scr 72, Slope 126

Additional Information:
Flight Information:
Flying into Brisbane leaves drive of approx. 75min to the Coolum area.
Flying into Sunshine Coast leaves a drive of approx. 10min to the Coolum area. Flights are available to both Sydney and Melbourne into the Sunshine Coast

And the fine print:
1. You will not be considered as entered until you supply your Full name, club and Golflink.
2. Deposits (min 20%) to be paid by end Feb. Remaining by April 14. Late entries will be accepted pending availability.
3. All rounds for championship purposes will be scored as stableford.
4. We do this for fun, so don't be a dick if we don't quite have what you want, or you don't like it.

Payment by bank transfer - Please leave your user name and QLD as the message ie "QLD - BITS"

Bank: Bankwest
A/C: Benjamin Reed
BSB: 303 092
A/c #: 5689339

Player
Fri Golf
$45
Fri Cart
$20
Sat Golf
$115
Sun Golf
$100
Accom.
Solo / Share
Fri Accom.
$47 / $94
Sat Accom.
$47 / $94
Sun Accom
$47 / $94
Monday
Golf ($48 )

Monday
Cart ($16)
Revised Totals
Paid
Owe
Comments

Numbers:

AndyP
N
N
Y
Y
Solo
N
Y
N
N
N
$309
$309
$0
Sat night room only

BITS
Y
N
Y
Y
Y
Y
N
N
N
$354
$354
$0

benno_r
Y
Y
Y
Y
Solo
Y
Y
Y
Y
N
$580
$580
$0
Defending Champ!

Damoocow
N
N
Y
Y
Solo
N
Y
N
N
N
$309
$309
$0
Sat night room only

Daves
Y
Y
Y
Y
1bed ($144/n)
$144
$144
$144
Y
N
$760
$760
$0

Eag's
Y
Y
Y
Y
Solo
Y
Y
N
N
N
$468
$468
$0

Highballin
Y
N
Y
Y
NA
NA
NA
N
Y
N
$308
$308
$0

Jazzdog
Y
N
Y
Y
Y
Y
N
N
N
$354
$354
$0

Jimandr
Y
Y
Y
Y
Solo
Y
Y
Y
Y
N
$610
$610
$0

Lucasto23
N
N
Y
Y
Y
Y
Y
Y
N
$404
$200
$204
Vic Champ!

Matt3Jab
Y
N
Y
Y
Y
Y
N
N
N
$354
$354
$0

Nudgee
Y
Y
Y
Y
Y
Y
N
N
N
$374
$374
$0

Peter_RS
Y
N
Y
Y
NA
NA
NA
N
Y
N
$308
$308
$0

PeteyD
Y
Y
Y
Y
Y
Y
N
N
N
$374
$374
$0

Ploppy Pat
Y
Y
Y
Y
Y
Y
N
N
N
$374
$374
$0

Rascal
Y
Y
Y
Y
Solo
Y
Y
N
N
N
$468
$468
$0

Shazza_RS
Y
N
Y
Y
NA
NA
NA
N
Y
N
$308
$308
$0

SundayHack
Y
N
Y
Y
Y
Y
Y
Y
N
$469
$469
$0

Wazamac
Y
N
Y
Y
NA
N
N
N
Y
N
$308
$308
$0

MrBluu

Pencil

KJ

Light Pencil

benno_r
13th January 2016, 03:08 PM
OK guys time to add the additional information here:
FRIDAY ROUND INFORMATION
Format will be Multiplier 4bbb and single Stableford.

Nominate a partner or let me randomly match you. Highest 2ball score takes the 2 Ball Banana Cup! Trophy will be exquisite

PRIZES
Friday Game - NTP(x3) and LD only. Entry fee has been revised to suit.

Sat / Sun Game
Daily Prize - 1st Place, 2nd place, NTP(x3) and LD

Overall - 1st Place, 2nd place, 3rd place, Gross, Naga

Friday Game - NTP(x3) and LD only.

RANDOM COOLUM INFORMATION

BEVERAGES
After noticing the lack of bottle-o's right near Parkview in Melbourne, attendees will be happy know there is a Bottle-O with 50m of the accommodation. ​I am also happy to supply a decent sized esky.

SUPERMARKETS
Coles is within a lesiurely 700m stroll from the accommodation down the main drag of Coolum

ATMs
Numerous ATM's within 500m of the accommodation

FUEL
2x Service Stations within 500m of the accommodation

EATING OUT
Within 500m of accommodation are a number of cafe's, Take Away's, bakeries, Gelato Shops, Surf Clubs, Kebab Shops.

THE BEACH
Only 200m accross the street and through the park. Simples!

benno_r
13th January 2016, 03:09 PM
Please express interest here I will add to the list.

Steve57
13th January 2016, 03:24 PM
Jordan Spieth just called to say he is free that weekend and wants to play. He specifically asked to be paired with you Ben!

PeteyD
13th January 2016, 03:27 PM
Shouldn't accom be Friday and Saturday?

All golf, both nights solo and no cart Friday thanks.

benno_r
13th January 2016, 03:28 PM
Jordan Spieth just called to say he is free that weekend and wants to play. He specifically asked to be paired with you Ben!

I would be ok with that, he seems like a nice guy.

benno_r
13th January 2016, 03:29 PM
Shouldn't accom be Friday and Saturday?

All golf, both nights solo and no cart Friday thanks.

Done, done and done good sir!

3Puttpete
13th January 2016, 03:54 PM
It's gonna be confusing if everyone uses BITS on the bank transfer. Good luck

backintheswing
13th January 2016, 04:01 PM
I should get the whole weekend free and some.

SundayHack
13th January 2016, 04:17 PM
Works burger with a side of shared accom thanks mate.

benno_r
13th January 2016, 04:58 PM

Annnnnd done! Welcome aboard.

billp
13th January 2016, 05:58 PM
Will try and make Saturday and Sunday, will see if the family wants to come and arrange our own accomodation.

benno_r
13th January 2016, 08:10 PM
Will try and make Saturday and Sunday, will see if the family wants to come and arrange our own accomodation.

No problem mate, added with pencil.

As an option, there are other accommodation options at Coolum Beach club. We got a little discount, might be able to do the same for you if you call them.

jimandr
13th January 2016, 08:36 PM

Sunday would also like to know whether the Bundaberg Pizza Shop will deliver to the Coolum Beach Resort. He probably already knows whether the other place he rang last year delivers.

Benno, I'm a starter for everything, with carts I think. I was looking for a Solo Man picture to insert, but I lost interest, so I'll just say I'm a Solo Man for accommodation.

I'll gauge interest closer to the time, but if anyone wants to stay extra time and play somewhere else either Thursday or Monday I might be interested in that.

benno_r
13th January 2016, 08:43 PM
Sunday would also like to know whether the Bundaberg Pizza Shop will deliver to the Coolum Beach Resort. He probably already knows whether the other place he rang last year delivers.

Benno, I'm a starter for everything, with carts I think. I was looking for a Solo Man picture to insert, but I lost interest, so I'll just say I'm a Solo Man for accommodation.

I'll gauge interest closer to the time, but if anyone wants to stay extra time and play somewhere else either Thursday or Monday I might be interested in that.

You're in Jim!

I would be keen at a crack at Maroochy River at some, either of those days might be a goer.

SundayHack
13th January 2016, 08:59 PM
There is plenty of late night dinning options available in Coolum Jim. Already sussed it out

PeteyD
13th January 2016, 09:02 PM
River on monday sounds tempting

benno_r
13th January 2016, 09:06 PM

Thinking the same, might book a couple of groups there on Monday just to hold a spot. I'll check tomorrow, and also suss out what it means for accommodation.

jimandr
14th January 2016, 11:22 AM

Is Monday a public holiday in Qld?

If so, we might be able to get a game in the comp, either at Maroochy River or somewhere else.

damoocow
14th January 2016, 03:18 PM
Great organising yet again. I'm in - just have to decide if I play the Friday and stay 1 or 2 nights.

wazamac
18th January 2016, 03:26 PM
I am slightly interested in coming up for your glorious champs. Will have to wait and see what the funds say after I come back from Overseas.
Looked at flight setc. and will probably bring the better half along as well, so will look at my own accom, cause we will be there for 5 days or so.

Rascal
18th January 2016, 03:35 PM
I'm wanting to come but will just have to check funds.

benno_r
18th January 2016, 03:37 PM
I am slightly interested in coming up for your glorious champs. Will have to wait and see what the funds say after I come back from Overseas.
Looked at flight setc. and will probably bring the better half along as well, so will look at my own accom, cause we will be there for 5 days or so.

That'd be awesome Waz! Love to have you up. Can either hook you up with your own apartment where we are, or happy if you organise your own.

benno_r
18th January 2016, 03:40 PM
I'm wanting to come but will just have to check funds.

No worries mate, you're on the pencil list. Let me know if/when.

benno_r
8th February 2016, 04:18 PM
OK lads, need to firm up numbers:

We had some interest from AndyP, Hux, Damoocow and Highballin. Would just like to follow that up.

We have also had some interest in people coming up from Brisbane on "day trips". Get a carpool together and come on up. All are welcome!

Hux
8th February 2016, 08:27 PM
Ben

Solid pencil for me for the 3 days. Just need to check some on call dates out. I know I have to do the Valley Safe Night Precinct shifts in April some time.

benno_r
8th February 2016, 08:30 PM
Ben

Solid pencil for me for the 3 days. Just need to check some on call dates out. I know I have to do the Valley Safe Night Precinct shifts in April some time.

Awesome mate, welcome kinda aboard. I'll put you down as solid - surely the Valley can look after itself for a weekend. :)

AndyP
8th February 2016, 08:40 PM
This has thrown out my potential birthday party plans. New plans, I guess.

Definitely Saturday and Sunday for me, with accommodation on Saturday. I'm likely to play and stay Friday too, but I'm just struggling with a $55 Mt Coolum round.

benno_r
8th February 2016, 08:47 PM
This has thrown out my potential birthday party plans. New plans, I guess.

Definitely Saturday and Sunday for me, with accommodation on Saturday. I'm likely to play and stay Friday too, but I'm just struggling with a $55 Mt Coolum round.

Will do bossman.

Don't forget there is some generous prize money in that $55.

Win it and you'll be miles in front!

wazamac
9th February 2016, 06:14 PM
Accom. now booked for 5 nights. Thurs.- Tues. at Coolum beach resort. Asked and got a good deal.
Now to pay the deposit in the next week or so!

peter_rs
9th February 2016, 06:42 PM
When are numbers cut off?

Lucasto23
9th February 2016, 06:44 PM
Hey my captain, my wife is going to Perth around this time,just waiting on confirmation from the bride on dates but put me in as a dark pencil :)

benno_r
9th February 2016, 06:53 PM
Hey my captain, my wife is going to Perth around this time,just waiting on confirmation from the bride on dates but put me in as a dark pencil :)
Anything for the champ. [emoji3]

benno_r
9th February 2016, 06:55 PM
When are numbers cut off?
Golf side of things, probably a week or 2 out from the event. I would say and of March for accom. Will firm accomm this week in regards to cut off etc.

highballin
9th February 2016, 07:06 PM
Benno can you put me down for 3 days golf no cart on Friday. Won't need accom thanks mate.

How much deposit do we need to pay?

PeteyD
9th February 2016, 09:21 PM
Add a cart for me in friday. Broken after the weekend.

Lucasto23
9th February 2016, 09:23 PM
Right wife is of to WAnker land on 29th of April so in for Sat,Sun and Monday if anyone's keen golf wise happy to room with drinkers Friday night onwards but will be arriving late on Friday night as dropping wife off at 7pm. Can I match Benno and hold two titles in one year ;)

simmsy
9th February 2016, 09:28 PM
WOOOHOOOOOOO
She's coming to GSM champs for a duo act with
Shadesalina!!

Great stuff.

Yoss will show her a great time too
[emoji6]

benno_r
9th February 2016, 09:31 PM
Right wife is of to WAnker land on 29th of April so in for Sat,Sun and Monday if anyone's keen golf wise happy to room with drinkers Friday night onwards but will be arriving late on Friday night as dropping wife off at 7pm. Can I match Benno and hold two titles in one year ;)

Welcome aboard champ!

I hope you don't win 2 (yet) - I want to be first to 3!!!

Lucasto23
9th February 2016, 09:31 PM
WOOOHOOOOOOO She's coming to GSM champs for a duo act with Shadesalina!!Great stuff. Yoss will show her a great time too[emoji6] You boys don't have enough balls or ear plugs to handle her, but well played ;) wish I actually paid attention to the thread as probably would have gone along just to play the Champs and then spend sometime with the family :)

simmsy
9th February 2016, 10:08 PM
youre always welcome champ.

wazamac
10th February 2016, 07:57 AM
Don't need a cart for Friday Benno.

benno_r
10th February 2016, 08:07 AM
Don't need a cart for Friday Benno.
No worries mate, will update when in front of a pc

PeteyD
10th February 2016, 08:13 AM
deposit paid

benno_r
10th February 2016, 09:06 AM
deposit paid
Thanks mate, I still havent sorted what a deposit is out, and you smashing it in.

Most appreciated.

PeteyD
10th February 2016, 09:12 AM
Keen for that monday round if it can happen too ;)

benno_r
10th February 2016, 09:17 AM
Keen for that monday round if it can happen too ;)
Going to try sort that out tomorrow. Talking to mate who played there last weekend said it was mint!

PeteyD
10th February 2016, 09:20 AM
Might need a sunday recon round

benno_r
10th February 2016, 11:00 AM
Ok, update on a Monday Maroochy river round.

Just called the club, timesheets open in about 6 weeks, so we might have to hold tight until end March.

damoocow
10th February 2016, 04:24 PM
I am a definite for golf Saturday and Sunday and non share accom for the Saturday night.

Playing Friday and stay Friday night are only very minor possibles so discount them at this stage - just go with above for now.

benno_r
10th February 2016, 04:25 PM
I am a definite for golf Saturday and Sunday and non share accom for the Saturday night.

Playing Friday and stay Friday night are only very minor possibles so discount them at this stage - just go with above for now.
Awesome, thanks Damo. Will update tonight when infront of a PC.

Lucasto23
10th February 2016, 11:07 PM
I would be keen on maroochy river mate :)

benno_r
11th February 2016, 06:15 AM

Done - I might look at getting a room for the one night for you and AndyP. Will keep you posted

I would be keen on maroochy river mate :)

Going to try get something booked in through the group booking guy.

benno_r
11th February 2016, 06:44 AM
deposit paid

Money received, thanks Pete.

I have to pay a deposit on the accommodation soon, as well as Twinwaters.

A $50-$100 deposit would be most appreciated from the rest of you top Ozgolfers.

Cheers,
Ben

Daves
11th February 2016, 04:35 PM
I am a starter Benno. Should be good for all 4 days. I will need to advise on Accommodation, once I am advised by the better half!

benno_r
11th February 2016, 04:40 PM
I am a starter Benno. Should be good for all 4 days. I will need to advise on Accommodation, once I am advised by the better half!

Any time an illustrious former champ wants on board, I am happy to say "Welcome aboard, champ!".

I'll TBC you on accomodation, walk or Cart on Friday?

FYI - they still have additional 1 and 2 bedroom units available at CBR if that's any help.

Daves
11th February 2016, 04:49 PM
Any time an illustrious former champ wants on board, I am happy to say "Welcome aboard, champ!".

I'll TBC you on accomodation, walk or Cart on Friday?

FYI - they still have additional 1 and 2 bedroom units available at CBR if that's any help.

Thanks Benno. Cart on Friday please.

Good to know about the extra units. We have friends living nearby, might end up there.

Ferrins
11th February 2016, 07:22 PM
[QUOTE=benno_r;1278052]Any time an illustrious former champ wants on board, I am happy to say "Welcome aboard, champ!".
[/QUOTE

Are you sure about that?

benno_r
11th February 2016, 07:25 PM
[QUOTE=benno_r;1278052]Any time an illustrious former champ wants on board, I am happy to say "Welcome aboard, champ!".
[/QUOTE

Are you sure about that?

Yep, but you don't want on board.

And I did say illustrious.

wazamac
12th February 2016, 06:06 PM
Deposit sent!

benno_r
12th February 2016, 06:56 PM
Deposit sent!

Thank you sir!

Eag's
13th February 2016, 05:43 PM
Can I be put in pencil?
Would love to attend, but it all depends on what is happening for my old mans 70th Birthday party.
Waiting for my family to confirm dates.

benno_r
13th February 2016, 07:32 PM
Can I be put in pencil?
Would love to attend, but it all depends on what is happening for my old mans 70th Birthday party.
Waiting for my family to confirm dates.

Certainly can put you down as pencil. Love to have some more OG Ozgolf onboard.

benno_r
14th February 2016, 07:56 AM
Just had a bit of a look at the Noosa Springs scorecard. Approx 650m different between the men's and woman's course. Some holes there is a 70m difference.

I take 2 things from that:
1. We might be having a lot of jugs shouted when we are done.
2. This champs has Shaz's name written all over it.

Cheers,
ben

shazza_rs
14th February 2016, 12:16 PM
Add Pete and myself to the list please.
All rounds :)
Will get back to you on accommodation.

benno_r
14th February 2016, 12:20 PM
Add Pete and myself to the list please.
All rounds :)
Will get back to you on accommodation.

Awesome to get you guys on board.

Cart friday?

All rounds include Monday?

KristianJ
14th February 2016, 12:26 PM
I'd love to come up for this, but am spending a week and a half doing the Great Ocean Road from 9-19 April, so budget and time is probably a little tight.

benno_r
14th February 2016, 12:28 PM
I'd love to come up for this, but am spending a week and a half doing the Great Ocean Road from 9-19 April, so budget and time is probably a little tight.

Slow down your turnover of clubs to 1 set every 2WKS, and you'll have tonnes in the kitty to come up. :D

benno_r
14th February 2016, 01:14 PM
And for the people unfamiliar with the area, here is a little mud map to help out:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zrU2eW1hJCpk.knJten8ae0GU&usp=sharing

KristianJ
14th February 2016, 01:21 PM
Slow down your turnover of clubs to 1 set every 2WKS, and you'll have tonnes in the kitty to come up. :D

Actually the budget's not all that bad - just more of the timing. If I do come it'll definitely have to be a late entry...

benno_r
14th February 2016, 01:22 PM
Actually the budget's not all that bad - just more of the timing. If I do come it'll definitely have to be a late entry...

No worries, golf won't be an issue, but accommodation might be. Worse case scenario you'll have to stay in one of the 100 adjoining hotels / motels / caravan park etc etc

benno_r
14th February 2016, 01:37 PM
RANDOM COOLUM INFORMATION

BEVERAGES
After noticing the lack of bottle-o's right near Parkview in Melbourne, attendees will be happy know there is a Bottle-O with 50m of the accommodation. ​I am also happy to supply a decent sized esky.

SUPERMARKETS
Coles is within a lesiurely 700m stroll from the accommodation down the main drag of Coolum

ATMs
Numerous ATM's within 500m of the accommodation

FUEL
2x Service Stations within 500m of the accommodation

EATING OUT
Within 500m of accommodation are a number of cafe's, Take Away's, bakeries, Gelato Shops, Surf Clubs, Kebab Shops.

THE BEACH
Only 200m accross the street and through the park. Simples!

LeftyHoges
14th February 2016, 04:11 PM
Just had a bit of a look at the Noosa Springs scorecard. Approx 650m different between the men's and woman's course. Some holes there is a 70m difference.

I take 2 things from that:
1. We might be having a lot of jugs shouted when we are done.
2. This champs has Shaz's name written all over it.

Cheers,
ben

Why do you think I backed her at $100 for VICs!? Don't be fooled as well Benno.

shazza_rs
14th February 2016, 05:26 PM
Hah! Maybe a little more sleep and a little less drink might help? Sounds completely against what I stand for though!

Dotty
14th February 2016, 05:44 PM
Why do you think I backed her at $100 for VICs!? Don't be fooled as well Benno.
But her husband backed her in the other Calcutta.

peter_rs
14th February 2016, 08:05 PM
For a lot less and even changed her putter on the Sunday.

benno_r
16th February 2016, 06:22 AM
Payments received from Jim and Waza. Thanks guys.

I have put a deposit on 6x 2 bedroom apartments at Coolum beach resort, and released 2 back to them. From memory there are 2x 2br and 3x 1br rooms left if you want to organise your own thing.

I need to get a deposit together for Twin Waters soon, so if everyone could drop a deposit ($50 will be fine), that would be awesome.

Cheers,
Ben

Lucasto23
16th February 2016, 09:12 PM
Will send you some cash by the end of the week captain

benno_r
16th February 2016, 09:17 PM
Will send you some cash by the end of the week captain

Most appreciated champ.

highballin
16th February 2016, 09:32 PM
$50 deposit paid Benno

Cheers,
HB

benno_r
16th February 2016, 09:38 PM
$50 deposit paid Benno

Cheers,
HB

Thank you sir.

benno_r
17th February 2016, 09:26 AM
Deposit landed from Damoocow - thank you sir.

Jazzdog
17th February 2016, 09:42 PM
Deposit sent Benno

benno_r
17th February 2016, 09:51 PM
Deposit sent Benno

Thanks flusha.

You also have to pay $100 for every point your cap is over 2.0 (where it should be).

And moneys received from BITS and HB, thanks lads.

Jazzdog
17th February 2016, 09:57 PM
Thanks flusha.

You also have to pay $100 for every point your cap is over 2.0 (where it should be).

And moneys received from BITS and HB, thanks lads.
The way I hit it this afternoon, I need to be of 22 not 2.0

benno_r
18th February 2016, 01:43 PM
Big thanks to AndyP, Sundayhack, and Jazzdog for the deposits. Most appreciated.

shazza_rs
18th February 2016, 04:31 PM
Deposit Sent for us

benno_r
18th February 2016, 04:36 PM
Deposit Sent for us

Thank you ma'am!

benno_r
19th February 2016, 08:17 AM
Deposit Sent for us

Money landed, thanks again RSes's.

benno_r
20th February 2016, 10:56 AM
More money landed - thanks Nudgee / Ploppy

peter_rs
20th February 2016, 02:58 PM
Holidays book....

But hr have requested a meeting on Monday

benno_r
20th February 2016, 03:15 PM
Holidays book....

But hr have requested a meeting on Monday
Pay rise? Nice!

peter_rs
20th February 2016, 09:45 PM
Pay rise? Nice!

I wish... Apparently working to much is a problem

Eag's
27th February 2016, 07:41 AM
I will confirm by tomorrow if I am a starter benno.
Sorry for the delay, just trying to sort out things with my family.

benno_r
27th February 2016, 07:45 AM
I will confirm by tomorrow if I am a starter benno.
Sorry for the delay, just trying to sort out things with my family.

Not a drama at all mate. Even if you can only make a day you are more than welcome. As are all day trippers.

Eag's
28th February 2016, 02:59 PM
Righto, lock me in benno :)
I haven't been to a Champs since 2012, really looking forward to it 8)

peter_rs
28th February 2016, 05:21 PM
Great news

benno_r
28th February 2016, 05:22 PM

Cool bean Eag's, great to have you on board!

nudgee
28th February 2016, 06:21 PM

Mate been a while since our last round together - looking forward to catching up ;-)

goughy
28th February 2016, 06:29 PM

benno_r
28th February 2016, 06:46 PM
Eag's on board!

Table has been ordered, cause we might need it once Matty3Jab darkens his pencil.

PeteyD
28th February 2016, 06:51 PM
Place at the TABLE!

Daves
29th February 2016, 07:01 AM
Funds on the way Ben. Still waiting to hear from the better half on Accommodation.

benno_r
29th February 2016, 07:08 AM
Funds on the way Ben. Still waiting to hear from the better half on Accommodation.

Not a problem Dave, thanks mate.

Matt 3 Jab
29th February 2016, 10:00 AM
I am now dark pencil for the event

benno_r
29th February 2016, 10:09 AM
I am now dark pencil for the event

The table is ordered if that is any help...

Eag's
29th February 2016, 04:48 PM
Mate been a while since our last round together - looking forward to catching up ;-)

No worries mate, it will be good to catch up with you and a few others I haven't seen for years.
Looking forward to meeting some new people as well :)

goughy
29th February 2016, 06:44 PM
Everyone just remember, Eag's likes to be ribbed about St George and his rum drinking. Seriously, he's a kitten ;)

3Puttpete
1st March 2016, 02:23 PM
Unfortunately I'm out of this.

It seems life has gotten in the way of my golf. Stoopid life

Ned
1st March 2016, 06:30 PM
Everyone just remember, Eag's likes to be ribbed about St George and his rum drinking. Seriously, he's a kitten ;)

And this is his favourite hair wax...................

https://boots.scene7.com/is/image/Boots/10016259?id=DGWac1&fmt=jpg&fit=constrain,1&wid=504&hei=548

benno_r
1st March 2016, 06:31 PM
Unfortunately I'm out of this.

It seems life has gotten in the way of my golf. Stoopid life

Bummer, and noted.

benno_r
3rd March 2016, 07:39 AM
Money recieved from Daves and Eag's. Thanks lads.

PeteyD
3rd March 2016, 08:09 AM
Operation 11 march. 6 week recovery 22 april, should be all set to go by the time this comes around.

benno_r
3rd March 2016, 08:30 AM
Operation 11 march. 6 week recovery 22 april, should be all set to go by the time this comes around.
With a week up your sleeve for intense practice and/or sandbagging!!!

PeteyD
3rd March 2016, 08:50 AM
Ha cant sandbag and work normal hours

PeteyD
3rd March 2016, 09:25 AM
Leave applied for for banana cup. How is the possible monday round going?

benno_r
3rd March 2016, 05:54 PM
Leave applied for for banana cup. How is the possible monday round going?

Definitely on, have 3 groups booked for now from 9:00. Cheaper rates apply if we get the 12, rack rate if we get less.

highballin
6th March 2016, 05:55 PM
I can make the Monday round Benno

benno_r
14th March 2016, 09:05 PM
Well team, I am glad I bought a table, cause we have the man to use.

Ozgolf's most stylish boomer, Matty 3 Jabby is in!!!

And on admin matters, I'll tidy up the main chart for the Monday golfers to sort out accomm, golf etc.

Matt 3 Jab
15th March 2016, 07:56 AM
Can't wait!!! Been a while since I've played in QLD. The greens are easy to read right??

LeftyHoges
15th March 2016, 08:07 AM
Can't wait!!! Been a while since I've played in QLD. The greens are easy to read right??

Tee hee.

PeteyD
15th March 2016, 08:24 AM
Yea easy as😉

benno_r
15th March 2016, 08:26 AM

Of course they are Mr M3J.

Have you heard of grain before?

Matt 3 Jab
15th March 2016, 08:26 AM
Goes in beer right?? Love grain

benno_r
15th March 2016, 12:30 PM
OK, accommodation update. Based on current interest, have put together a roomy scenario (just to see how it all fits together).

So by this, I have booked 3 apartments for 3 nights, 2 for 2 nights (1 currently empty), and one for 1 night.

Have a spare spot in room 3, for anyone who wants to share, otherwise I will have to ask someone to go a solo.

That leaves one unallocated 2bed apartment if anyone wants to grab it, other wise I will release it next week. The resort also has 2 spare 1 bed apartments left if needed.

Cheers,
Ben

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e191/benno_r/Capture_zpswk7xjxbu.jpg

damoocow
15th March 2016, 01:20 PM
Nice work Benno.

FWIW just got back from the hospital - Gall bladder op to be done sometime in the next two months - will have to wait for the confirmation letter - if it is before Champs time you'll all hear me cursing...

Eag's
15th March 2016, 04:56 PM
Good stuff Benno :smt023

PeteyD
15th March 2016, 05:44 PM
Good Stuff Benno. Back home from HErnia op. Hopefully 4 or 5 weeks till I can play again.

damoocow
15th March 2016, 07:34 PM
Ouch!

benno_r
15th March 2016, 08:01 PM
Nice work Benno.

FWIW just got back from the hospital - Gall bladder op to be done sometime in the next two months - will have to wait for the confirmation letter - if it is before Champs time you'll all hear me cursing...

Good Stuff Benno. Back home from HErnia op. Hopefully 4 or 5 weeks till I can play again.

Bloody hell, it'll be like a casualty ward out there. Heal well Pete.

AndyP
15th March 2016, 08:46 PM
Speaking of casualty ward, what first aid facilities will be available for this weekend. The OZgolf core group is aging, you know.

benno_r
15th March 2016, 08:52 PM
Speaking of casualty ward, what first aid facilities will be available for this weekend. The OZgolf core group is aging, you know.

I'll check in the morning, but hoping the new Sunshine Coast hospital opens soon.

Rascal
15th March 2016, 09:57 PM
I'll check in the morning, but hoping the new Sunshine Coast hospital opens soon.

BA-BOW...I heard the other day it has been pushed back to a 2017 opening date.

backintheswing
17th March 2016, 08:16 AM
Balance transferred.

benno_r
18th March 2016, 08:30 AM
A few more payments recieved, thanks BITS and Sundayhack.

For all remaining participants, I would like to have payment finalised 1st week in April, so I can start paying for the golf and accomodation.

I would like all payments by Friday 8th April.

Cheers,
ben

Eag's
18th March 2016, 09:33 AM
Hi Benno, I will send you my final payment when get home from work today.

benno_r
18th March 2016, 09:35 AM
Hi Benno, I will send you my final payment when get home from work today.

Thank you sir, most appreciated.

Daves
18th March 2016, 01:56 PM
OK, accommodation update. Based on current interest, have put together a roomy scenario (just to see how it all fits together).

So by this, I have booked 3 apartments for 3 nights, 2 for 2 nights (1 currently empty), and one for 1 night.

Have a spare spot in room 3, for anyone who wants to share, otherwise I will have to ask someone to go a solo.

That leaves one unallocated 2bed apartment if anyone wants to grab it, other wise I will release it next week. The resort also has 2 spare 1 bed apartments left if needed.

Cheers,
Ben

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e191/benno_r/Capture_zpswk7xjxbu.jpg

I will take one of the 1 Bedroom apartments if I can please Benno.

benno_r
18th March 2016, 01:59 PM
I will take one of the 1 Bedroom apartments if I can please Benno.

Let me get some details Dave - not sure of the pricing on them. Will let you know. Playing Monday as well (3 nights)?

Daves
18th March 2016, 02:03 PM
Let me get some details Dave - not sure of the pricing on them. Will let you know. Playing Monday as well (4 nights)?

Thanks. Yes to Monday/4 nights.

benno_r
18th March 2016, 02:08 PM

I am overcharging you here... 3 nights.

Eag's
18th March 2016, 03:11 PM
Thank you sir, most appreciated.

Funds deposited mate :)

benno_r
19th March 2016, 06:23 AM
Funds deposited mate :)

Got em! Most appreciated.

Hux
19th March 2016, 04:54 PM
Benno. I am going to bail on this. Conflicts with family commitments

benno_r
24th March 2016, 03:03 PM

OK Dave, got you a single room apartment - costs are a little higher, but not crazy. OP updated.

Benno. I am going to bail on this. Conflicts with family commitments

Damn shame that. Tell your family they can see you another time. You'll only see Dave win a second Qld champs once! :)

wazamac
26th March 2016, 06:10 PM
Balance paid benno.

benno_r
26th March 2016, 06:44 PM
Thanks Waz, most appreciated.

Everyone else, final payments are due soon. *hint hint*

peter_rs
29th March 2016, 09:05 AM
Paid in full

Daves
29th March 2016, 09:09 AM
OK Dave, got you a single room apartment - costs are a little higher, but not crazy. OP updated.

Thanks Benno. Can't see where this is in the OP?

PeteyD
29th March 2016, 09:12 AM
Hey Benno does the amount owing include sunday night and mondays golf or is that more?

Just addded it up apparently not. Can you get me a total left please?

benno_r
29th March 2016, 09:29 AM
Paid in full

Thank you sir.

Thanks Benno. Can't see where this is in the OP?

Updated shortly Dave

Hey Benno does the amount owing include sunday night and mondays golf or is that more?

Just addded it up apparently not. Can you get me a total left please?

No, it doesn't include Monday yet - will get that sorted today.

benno_r
29th March 2016, 09:33 AM
Guys - because the Monday round has not reached 12 players, I can't lock the price in.

Would everyone be happy to pay on the day pending numbers?

PeteyD
29th March 2016, 10:15 AM
Need to check the $$. Might have to come home Sunday.

benno_r
29th March 2016, 10:24 AM
OK guys, crisis averted. First post update with Sun night and Monday golf assuming the lower rates. I have a couple of non OGers interested in the Monday to make up the numbers.

We also have a wrong mix of numbers to fill the units. Will try sort that out soon. Preferably KJ will pay up in Full Friday to Sunday to share with M3J *hint hint*

PeteyD
29th March 2016, 11:28 AM
I am happy to share if it makes it easier.

AndyP
29th March 2016, 11:38 AM
I can share, as I didn't specify previously.

Matt 3 Jab
29th March 2016, 11:41 AM
Paying today!!

benno_r
29th March 2016, 11:42 AM
I am happy to share if it makes it easier.

It could kinda work. Move you to share with M3J Fri/Sat night, on your own Sunday. Would free up a solo room in a 2 bedder.

Perfect solution would be to find someone to grab the room you have vacated, or move Dave from a 1 bed apartment into his own room in a 2 bedder.

Something like this:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e191/benno_r/Capture_zps5vwtubzx.jpg

billp
29th March 2016, 12:01 PM
Hi Benno, my pencil is getting thinner by the minute, we are going to Melbourne next week for a wedding, so it depends how much is left over after a Chadstone visit whether I can play or not.

Sorry know it doesn't help you at all.

wazamac
29th March 2016, 07:03 PM
Monday Round now paid Benno. Cheers

Matt 3 Jab
29th March 2016, 07:14 PM
PAID!!

PeteyD
30th March 2016, 08:13 AM
I still need medical clearance. Am seeing doc on Friday and hoping to play a round the week before to make sure I can do something at least. Might be best if I only try the 3 rounds and give sunday night and monday golf a miss. Leave me in pencil for monday golf.

benno_r
31st March 2016, 01:47 PM
NTP Balls purchased today - thanks GCO sale!

Final payments received from the RSeseses, Waz, and M3J. Most appreciated guys, and apologies for the muck about with the Monday.

AndyP
31st March 2016, 02:17 PM
Am I confirmed "solo" for Saturday night, benno? If so, I can do the final payment.

peter_rs
31st March 2016, 11:09 PM
Hi benno can you check I sent the Monday payment Wednesday

Accomodation booked at sunrise beach.

benno_r
1st April 2016, 03:53 AM
Am I confirmed "solo" for Saturday night, benno? If so, I can do the final payment.

Confirmed mate, 2 bed apartment for you and Damo, Saturday night only.

Hi benno can you check I sent the Monday payment Wednesday

Accomodation booked at sunrise beach.

Certainly did mate, you're all square. Cheers.

Rascal
1st April 2016, 09:11 PM
looking like I could be a goer for this. happy to offer airport pick ups and a lift up there for anyone that needs it.

PeteyD
2nd April 2016, 01:49 PM
Have medical clearance for this provided I dont do anything silly between now and then. Now to just get the last of the money together.

benno_r
2nd April 2016, 03:30 PM
Have medical clearance for this provided I dont do anything silly between now and then. Now to just get the last of the money together.
Awesome!

Beers on the couch for a month is Dr Bens take it easy plan.

So will that be the 3 or 4 days mate?

benno_r
2nd April 2016, 06:05 PM
looking like I could be a goer for this. happy to offer airport pick ups and a lift up there for anyone that needs it.

Looking good Rascal, let me know about a cart on Friday, and we will go from there.

This will give us a full booking for Friday / Saturday / Sunday, which I thank you all for getting on board.

Heads up everyone else - I need to make final payments on the 12th, so please get all remaining monies in by the 10th please.

I have NTP balls, but if anyone can scam some sponsorship money / items, that would be awesome.

Cheers,
Ben

Rascal
2nd April 2016, 08:24 PM
Yes please to Cart Friday Benno

PeteyD
2nd April 2016, 08:27 PM
At the moment 3 days. Monday is an iffy

benno_r
2nd April 2016, 10:15 PM
At the moment 3 days. Monday is an iffy
No worries, I'll put you in the shared room for 2 nights, which ties in nicely with Rascal joining. If you stay to Monday, I might have a spare solo room Sunday night.

PeteyD
3rd April 2016, 05:46 AM
I can stay at my sisters if need be so not a biggy.

benno_r
5th April 2016, 05:58 AM
Hi Benno, my pencil is getting thinner by the minute, we are going to Melbourne next week for a wedding, so it depends how much is left over after a Chadstone visit whether I can play or not.

Sorry know it doesn't help you at all.

Damn, missed this one in the wash. Of course we'd like you to come, cause you are perfectly allocated! lol

In all seriousness, let me know when you can - maybe come up for a hit on Monday, we have a couple of spots still available.

Cheers,
Ben

Rascal
12th April 2016, 08:51 PM
Hey Benno Sorry its a bit late, paid in full

jimandr
12th April 2016, 09:31 PM
Benno,

As discussed, I have forwarded my outstanding amount.

I am following a meticulous preparation for this event by arriving a couple of days early, so if anyone else is planning the same, let me know. I expect to get all my pizza eating out of the way before the main event so I can give 100% effort at the Vietnamese restaurant at the resort.

Handicap farming is on track as well.

benno_r
13th April 2016, 07:59 AM
Hey Benno Sorry its a bit late, paid in full

Benno,

As discussed, I have forwarded my outstanding amount.

I am following a meticulous preparation for this event by arriving a couple of days early, so if anyone else is planning the same, let me know. I expect to get all my pizza eating out of the way before the main event so I can give 100% effort at the Vietnamese restaurant at the resort.

Handicap farming is on track as well.

Thank you gents. Should land in the account tomorrow, most appreciated.

Payment received from Daves as well. Cheers!

billp
13th April 2016, 10:01 AM
I am definately out for this sorry Benno. The wedding in Melbourne has bleed us dry for this month, but we had a good time doing it at least.

benno_r
14th April 2016, 08:28 AM
I am definately out for this sorry Benno. The wedding in Melbourne has bleed us dry for this month, but we had a good time doing it at least.

Noted. shame you couldn't make it. I'll update OP.

benno_r
14th April 2016, 08:29 AM
Final payments received from Rascal and Jim, thanks Guys.

benno_r
14th April 2016, 08:40 AM
Ok Ozgolf team, we need 1 more person to step in for the Sat / Sun champs round to give us a nice even 20 people.

Is there anyone out there to join us? Down side is Accom is full, but maybe someone from Bris to make the trek Sat / Sun.

As a bonus, I will not put you with me.

Cheers,
ben

benno_r
14th April 2016, 10:44 AM
Payment received from Nudgee and Ploppy. Accom to be finalised today or tomorrow.

2 weeks now guys! Get excite!

AndyP
14th April 2016, 11:46 AM
2 weeks now guys! Get excite!Shit! I hope the golf clubs are still in the cupboard.

wazamac
14th April 2016, 11:56 AM
I will bring up some dust masks for whoever plays with AndyP. Just to counteract what may come off his clubs.:D

benno_r
14th April 2016, 12:28 PM
I will bring up some dust masks for whoever plays with AndyP. Just to counteract what may come off his clubs.:D

I have played with Andy a few times. All that comes off his irons are laser beams!

PeteyD
14th April 2016, 12:39 PM
Sharks with frigging laser beams on their heads.

benno_r
16th April 2016, 06:29 AM
OK Gang, quick update.

The included meals with Saturday / Sunday will be:

Sat (Noosa Springs) - Bacon and Egg Muffins + Coffee served from 10:30am

Sun (Twin Waters) - Cheeseburger and Chips served post round!

Bon Appetit!

Matt 3 Jab
16th April 2016, 06:30 AM
Well done mate. Doing well!

PeteyD
16th April 2016, 07:55 AM
Great stuff Benno.

damoocow
16th April 2016, 12:15 PM
Free food ! - you rock!

Lucasto23
16th April 2016, 03:19 PM
You had me at free Benno

benno_r
16th April 2016, 05:21 PM
Free food ! - you rock!

You had me at free Benno
How do you keep an Ozgolfer happy?

Beer and food.

Hotel is lending us beer eskies too...

PerryGroves
16th April 2016, 06:58 PM
Benno_r, how's your numbers mate? Any room for an old punter from the southern state? I don't really know anyone but maybe it's time. Would be up for everything, apart from Monday, solo room. I'm not working so you can use me as a filler if needed.

Eag's
16th April 2016, 07:30 PM
How do you keep an Ozgolfer happy?

Beer and food.

Hotel is lending us beer eskies too...

The free food is great, but the beer eskies are awesome mate ;)
Love your work.

benno_r
16th April 2016, 08:29 PM
Benno_r, how's your numbers mate? Any room for an old punter from the southern state? I don't really know anyone but maybe it's time. Would be up for everything, apart from Monday, solo room. I'm not working so you can use me as a filler if needed.

GDay PG,

Be great to have you of course - state of play is:

We are full for Friday (as in 4 full groups). Since is a best ball teams event, we'll put out the call for one more to at least make a 2-some.

I have 1 spare spot on both days of weekend golf - no dramas there.

I am kinda full in Accommodation though. Everyone has neatly slotted in. But what I can do is see if the resort has a solo room - costs a little more but probably the best option (think around $140 a night vs $97 a night solo in a 2bed apartment). There are other accommodation options within a 100m, happy to help you find something.

Have a think, let me know - will certainly do what I can to help get you here.

Cheers,
Ben

PerryGroves
17th April 2016, 05:47 AM
Ben, don't do anything yet, I can travel up at late notice. Still 2 weeks to go, stuff happens and someone might need to pull out, keep me as first reserve. If nothing happens, we can revisit a couple of days out. Cheers

benno_r
17th April 2016, 01:15 PM
Ben, don't do anything yet, I can travel up at late notice. Still 2 weeks to go, stuff happens and someone might need to pull out, keep me as first reserve. If nothing happens, we can revisit a couple of days out. Cheers

No worries mate. We do have room Sat/Sun/Mon golf if you wanted to do that as well. I have an enquiry in with where we are see what nights rooms are available as well - just in case.

Twin Waters must be paid by Wednesday 27th, so I have to finalise numbers by then.

Cheers,
Ben

Edit: too excited and out by a week....

jimandr
24th April 2016, 04:14 PM
At this stage the weather forecast looks pretty good.

Friday 29 April
SummaryMin 18Max 27Possible shower.Possible rainfall: 0 to 3 mmChance of any rain: 40%
Sunshine Coast area
Partly cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers. Light winds.
Saturday 30 April
SummaryMin 18Max 27Partly cloudy.Possible rainfall: 0 mmChance of any rain: 20%
Sunshine Coast area
Partly cloudy. Slight (20%) chance of a shower during the morning. Light winds.
Sunday 1 May
SummaryMin 17Max 28Partly cloudy.Possible rainfall: 0 mmChance of any rain: 0%
Sunshine Coast area
Partly cloudy. Light winds.

peter_rs
24th April 2016, 05:06 PM
The weather today would make golf interesting.

It was a sand blaster at the beach

AndyP
26th April 2016, 11:27 AM
I can't believe that it is this weekend, and I can't believe how flat I feel about it. That said, I feel flat about lots of things at the moment; I guess being a cripple does that to you. I should've played yesterday, when I had the chance, but I just couldn't be bothered. Maybe I'll have a hit on the Nudgee GC range on Friday, to get the body moving. I also feel guilty about not coaching my junior footy side this weekend.

What time will people be going to the course on Saturday? I'd like to bring some beer up directly from Brisbane, but it might be a bit hard to get up there in time to get it in someone's fridge.

PeteyD
26th April 2016, 11:49 AM
I am flat out with work and uni. Will be good to get away for a couple of nights!

Do we have a draw for Saturday, or are we going to do one on Friday night? I have used golf balls to do a draw before with some success.

benno_r
26th April 2016, 12:31 PM
I can't believe that it is this weekend, and I can't believe how flat I feel about it. That said, I feel flat about lots of things at the moment; I guess being a cripple does that to you. I should've played yesterday, when I had the chance, but I just couldn't be bothered. Maybe I'll have a hit on the Nudgee GC range on Friday, to get the body moving. I also feel guilty about not coaching my junior footy side this weekend.

What time will people be going to the course on Saturday? I'd like to bring some beer up directly from Brisbane, but it might be a bit hard to get up there in time to get it in someone's fridge.

Wait until you see the first, and last place trophies! Will give you something to get excited about, either way!

I am flat out with work and uni. Will be good to get away for a couple of nights!

Do we have a draw for Saturday, or are we going to do one on Friday night? I have used golf balls to do a draw before with some success.

Draw has been done, will get it posted up shortly.

peter_rs
26th April 2016, 12:32 PM
Ap we can help you we are in a house at sunrise 10min detour from the course and on the way home after the round.

benno_r
26th April 2016, 12:55 PM
OK, Saturday groups are as follows (as per random internet team generator):

11:00am - Hole 1:
Highballin
Jimandr
Rascal

11:07am - Hole 1:
AndyP
benno_r
Eag's
Shazza_RS

11:14am - Hole 1:
BITS
Daves
Ploppy Pat
Sunday Hack

11:21am - Hole 1:
Jazzdog
Lucasto23
Matt3Jab
Nudgee

11:28am - Hole 1:
Damoocow
PeteyD
Peter_RS
Wazamac

PeteyD
26th April 2016, 12:55 PM
Woohoo late start.

benno_r
26th April 2016, 12:57 PM
And just a reminder to everyone, I will be making final payment on golf tomorrow.

Chasing a few more golflink / clubs:
Damoocow
Nudgee
Ploppy
SundayHack
Daves

I have Golflink from last year's champs, if this is still the same, just let me know.

Cheers,
Ben

AndyP
26th April 2016, 01:01 PM
I'm even flatter now. Worst. Group. Ever.

Peppas
26th April 2016, 01:02 PM
I'm even flatter now. Worst. Group. Ever.

At least you can make champs this year.

SundayHack
26th April 2016, 01:12 PM
And just a reminder to everyone, I will be making final payment on golf tomorrow.

Damoocow
Nudgee
Ploppy
SundayHack
Daves

I have Golflink from last year's champs, if this is still the same, just let me know.

Cheers,
Ben

Same golflink as last year mate.

wazamac
26th April 2016, 01:12 PM
All of the big hitters are in front, so at least I won't cop one in the back of the head. And won't hold anyone up while I'm constantly dropping adjacent the hazards.:D

damoocow
26th April 2016, 01:25 PM

Damoocow
Nudgee
Ploppy
SundayHack
Daves

Cheers,
Ben

The same club and number for me too

Daves
26th April 2016, 04:03 PM

Damoocow
Nudgee
Ploppy
SundayHack
Daves

Cheers,
Ben

My GL link is in my signature. It is the same as last year.

Matt 3 Jab
26th April 2016, 04:11 PM
Disregard!

jimandr
26th April 2016, 04:55 PM
First group! Woo Hoo!

I haven't met or played with Rascal, but I'll find a way to get him to spray his drive on the Long Drive Hole (have we got one?) so I can get the early lead. I don't have to worry about HB. I can sow seeds in his head at Bribie on Thursday. Not only did I not win anything at the SA Champs, I didn't even get on any NTP or Long Drive lists back then.

If the following groups see a ludicrously short Long Drive Marker, you'll know it is mine.

Rascal
26th April 2016, 05:05 PM
First group! Woo Hoo!

I haven't met or played with Rascal, but I'll find a way to get him to spray his drive on the Long Drive Hole (have we got one?) so I can get the early lead. I don't have to worry about HB. I can sow seeds in his head at Bribie on Thursday. Not only did I not win anything at the SA Champs, I didn't even get on any NTP or Long Drive lists back then.

If the following groups see a ludicrously short Long Drive Marker, you'll know it is mine.

You've got nothing to worry about unless the long drive hole goes hard right.

backintheswing
26th April 2016, 05:10 PM
The m3jab, jazzdog, nudgee and lucastho group would be odds on favs to win the long drive.

Matt 3 Jab
26th April 2016, 05:15 PM
If the fairway goes hard left [emoji20]

benno_r
26th April 2016, 05:56 PM
Some fact sheets for Friday / Saturday. Also linked into header post in this thread:

Friday: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0epqScMYd6aOEpwZlZEXzd1bXM

Saturday: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0epqScMYd6ac1ZJY3BWWlhsNjg

highballin
26th April 2016, 07:04 PM
Noosa Springs stick with it after they get past the marketing crap there is some good info on the layout

http://youtu.be/8mwALGzh64w

Matt 3 Jab
26th April 2016, 07:14 PM
Oh good. Hitting it down the middle helps at Noosa

highballin
26th April 2016, 07:16 PM
Twin waters same as above

http://youtu.be/v8msP06KDFI

Geez I'm going to Amart tomorrow get some of those $10 a dozen balls!

benno_r
26th April 2016, 07:30 PM
I made a course guide for Noosa Springs as well. Will get it uploaded soon.

highballin
26th April 2016, 07:44 PM
I made a course guide for Noosa Springs as well. Will get it uploaded soon.

One for Left Handers?

peter_rs
26th April 2016, 08:56 PM
Nice work ben

Eag's
27th April 2016, 05:00 AM
Top stuff Ben, getting fired up for this weekend :)

PeteyD
27th April 2016, 05:08 AM
Just a wee bit excited.

wazamac
27th April 2016, 07:38 AM
SOOOO Much water.:(

Eag's
27th April 2016, 08:12 AM
Most of the water seems to be on the right, no fear for me ;)

Jarro
27th April 2016, 05:06 PM
Just make sure that whoever plays with AndyP makes him hurry up. .... no slow poking about !!

benno_r
27th April 2016, 06:03 PM
Shit's getting real team.

Trophies in hand, NTP markers made, NTP balls arrived, accom paid, golf paid!

LET'S GET IT ON!!!

Matt 3 Jab
27th April 2016, 06:17 PM
Thanks for your organizing Benno!!

AndyP
27th April 2016, 07:13 PM
Just make sure that whoever plays with AndyP makes him hurry up. .... no slow poking about !!Troll!

PeteyD
27th April 2016, 07:35 PM
Great stuff Benno!

jimandr
27th April 2016, 07:36 PM
I'm in Coolum. It seems OK. The bowlo was jumping because it was trivia night.

I'm so disappointed Jarro isn't playing.

Hatchman
27th April 2016, 07:42 PM

No need to worry. Your low stingers off the tee should just skim off the top :D.

Eag's
27th April 2016, 08:34 PM
Shit's getting real team.

Trophies in hand, NTP markers made, NTP balls arrived, accom paid, golf paid!

LET'S GET IT ON!!!

Love your work benno :smt023

wazamac
27th April 2016, 08:46 PM
No need to worry. Your low stingers off the tee should just skim off the top :D.

Had a really shite weekend off the tee as well,Ardrossan I drove it really well, so went up Monday afternoon to the driving range at the club.
Hit about 20 straight down the guts and long (for me). Pissed myself off so went over to work on the short game.
Stoopid game!:x

benno_r
27th April 2016, 08:56 PM

We asked them to top up the lakes and creeks just for our special interstate visitors.... :twisted:

wazamac
27th April 2016, 09:16 PM
I reckon that's why Jim is up there at the moment. Running around with a bucket at night:D

Hatchman
27th April 2016, 09:51 PM
I reckon that's why Jim is up there at the moment. Running around with a bucket at night:D

Na, that's for his incontinence :lol:

wazamac
28th April 2016, 06:12 AM
All packed and ready to rumble. Will get there at about 9pm tonight.
See you peeps tomorrow for some fun and frivolity. Maybe even golf might break out.:D

highballin
28th April 2016, 06:36 AM
All packed and ready to rumble. Will get there at about 9pm tonight.
See you peeps tomorrow for some fun and frivolity. Maybe even golf might break out.:D

Looking forward to catching up Waz

PeteyD
28th April 2016, 06:39 AM
At work. Waiting for it to end so I can get home and finish uni assignment and then pack ....

Lucasto23
28th April 2016, 06:43 AM
Well done Benno

Jarro
28th April 2016, 12:45 PM
I'm in Coolum. It seems OK. The bowlo was jumping because it was trivia night.

I'm so disappointed Jarro isn't playing.
Aww schuks 😳

damoocow
28th April 2016, 05:43 PM
Does anyone going to the champs have a reg shaft they want to sell that would fit into a TM Burner 5 wood?

Daves
28th April 2016, 06:05 PM
Does anyone going to the champs have a reg shaft they want to sell that would fit into a TM Burner 5 wood?

Burners are .350" tips, I think. I only have .335" FWs left.

damoocow
28th April 2016, 07:15 PM
Thanks anyway Dave

Eag's
28th April 2016, 07:19 PM
All packed and ready to go, it's been too long :)