PDA

View Full Version : Tattoos

Courty
4th May 2006, 10:56 AM
Hi all,

I'm contemplating getting some inkwork done. Who else out there has some tuff-stickers?

Courty

Jarro
4th May 2006, 11:08 AM
i'm thinking of getting one too actually.

gonna get a lifesize snake done down the shaft of my .......... ;)

PeteyD
4th May 2006, 11:10 AM
Tattoos on your nose don't look good jarro

Courty
4th May 2006, 11:14 AM
I was thinking of getting one like this:

http://www.steve-a.co.uk/main/images/james5.jpg

Jarro
4th May 2006, 11:16 AM
..and the cute nipple-ring as well ;)

probably looking at a few hundred dollars for that too mate .... but as long as you get the right design, i'm sure it's money well spent.

What about a TaylorMade tattoo ;)

Courty
4th May 2006, 11:20 AM
probably looking at a few hundred dollars for that too mate .... but as long as you get the right design, i'm sure it's money well spent.

Sounds an awful lot like you took me seriously. :mrgreen:

No, I'm not looking at getting anything as large or as odd as that one.

PeteyD
4th May 2006, 11:22 AM
Hope you like pain.

Courty
4th May 2006, 11:24 AM
Is that speaking from experience, Pete?

PeteyD
4th May 2006, 11:40 AM
Indeed. Ribs are bad. Anywhere where it is close to bone hurts due to the vibrations. Otherwise just kind of annoying pain, like being scratched.

BrisWesty
4th May 2006, 12:04 PM
I reckon tatts are overrated.
If I see a really nice looking girl, and then notice that she's got a tatt I just think it's really sad (especially if it's near parts that will give into gravity and go out of shape).

Courty
4th May 2006, 12:12 PM
I reckon tatts are overrated.
If I see a really nice looking girl, and then notice that she's got a tatt I just think it's really sad (especially if it's near parts that will give into gravity and go out of shape).

Lucky for me I'm not a nice-looking girl (not a girl, anyway) :mrgreen:

connico
4th May 2006, 12:26 PM
Ribs are indeed bad, underarms too, thighs, wrists, necks hurt like a mofo to. A few of my mates have had tats and its addictive in the end.

BrisVegas
4th May 2006, 12:43 PM
What about a TaylorMade tattoo ;)

Yeah, but what happens in 6 months when they bring out a new model/colour scheme/script/TP version ?? :smt002

You're gonna be stuck with a superseded tatt...

connico
4th May 2006, 12:58 PM
good thinking BV!! :)

Jarro
4th May 2006, 01:01 PM
don't agree with him, he'll think he's really clever then :roll:

BrisVegas
4th May 2006, 01:04 PM
don't agree with him, he'll think he's really clever then :roll:
you know I'm right. You just can't bring yourself to say it. It's ok champ, I know you can't come out and say it, or they'll kick you out of the TM club....

Jarro
4th May 2006, 01:05 PM
yeah, i'm a TM club man .... got 2 of them in my bag, so guess that makes me one of them ;)

markTHEblake
4th May 2006, 06:18 PM
I'll never forget what my cousin said to me a long time ago (he is a lifetime member of one of the gangs in brisbane) "I dont understand how you could go out and spend $100 on a stupid golf club, if it was me, I'd get another tattoo"

and thats from a bloke with a brother thats a golf pro.

different strokes for different blokes I suppose. In any case golfers with tattoos look like idiots too me.

Webster
4th May 2006, 06:46 PM
http://www.tattoosbywildchild.com/gallery/James/James-Keepers/james-golfer.jpg

Jarro
4th May 2006, 06:50 PM
that's not one of yours is it Jack?

oh, by the way, i have another email for you, can you PM me your email addy please.

Webster
4th May 2006, 07:04 PM
that's not one of yours is it Jack?

oh, by the way, i have another email for you, can you PM me your email addy please.

not one of mine mate - pm sent re email.

Cheers, Jack.

goughy
4th May 2006, 08:10 PM
Can't stand them. On anybody. I think robyn would probably have one on her ankle by now if I liked them.

Not into piercings either. I actually even prefer it when women don't wear earrings.

But they are welcome to shave/wax etc.

goughy
4th May 2006, 08:39 PM
luuuuuuuuv that steven wright!!

Flowergirl
5th May 2006, 02:16 PM
I've got one above my left breast. It's a small heart and a rose and a scroll thats says "john and stacey" ( husband and daughter) That way they are always close to my heart. Corny - but I like it - and it's not on show - well except for when I've had a few drinks.:???:

Jarro
5th May 2006, 02:38 PM
I've got one above my left breast

.. any pics :smt047

Courty
5th May 2006, 03:22 PM
I've got one above my left breast. It's not on show - well except for when I've had a few drinks.:???:

Remind me to buy you a few drinks at the champs. ;) :mrgreen:

goughy
2nd May 2008, 07:12 AM
So, how much do these things cost? Rob's kind of wanted one, and hasn't because she knows I'm not a fan.

But I'm thinking of getting her one for mothers day, or suggesting she could get one if she wants anyway. She'd most likely get something small on her ankle, like a dolphin or something.

So is this a bank breaker? We're looking at buying a house so I don't want to get us into to much extra debt!! ;)

haysey
2nd May 2008, 07:27 AM
So, how much do these things cost? Rob's kind of wanted one, and hasn't because she knows I'm not a fan.
But I'm thinking of getting her one for mothers day, or suggesting she could get one if she wants anyway. She'd most likely get something small on her ankle, like a dolphin or something.
So is this a bank breaker? We're looking at buying a house so I don't want to get us into to much extra debt!! ;)

Wife has one of a ulysses butterfly with the kids initials above it on her foot that cost $200.
Apparently it hurt like hell but.

markTHEblake
2nd May 2008, 09:28 AM
I have got one that says Welcome to the Gold Coast have a nice day. but if i showed you it would only read Wendy.

Remind Robin to take notice of some old chick with tatoos. Looks good dont they?

dc68
2nd May 2008, 09:35 AM
Is that on your telescopic golf ball retriever is it Blakey?

markTHEblake
2nd May 2008, 09:51 AM
It least I can see mine without using mirrors :razz:

Shaneo
2nd May 2008, 10:31 AM
i've got a tattoo
it's my little girls name and birthdate on the underside of my arm

Shaneo
2nd May 2008, 10:51 AM
cost me 100 bucks

chappy1970
2nd May 2008, 10:54 AM
My wife got one few years ago on the inside of her ankle, I think she regrets it now.

It is the Chinese symbol for faith, but it could read Special Fried Rice for all she knows.

Shaneo
2nd May 2008, 11:00 AM
It is the Chinese symbol for faith, but it could read Special Fried Rice for all she knows.

my wife has 3 chinese symbols
2 on her wrist that apparently means 'fire' and 'water'
she's the fire and i'm the water to bring her back to earth, why she got that i do not know and one on the small of her back that apparently means 'victory'

i'd never get anything with her name in it incase of the obvious break up then regret getting it done.

dc68
2nd May 2008, 11:00 AM
It least I can see mine without using mirrors :razz:

Mate I don't even carry one if you lose a ball it's where it belongs.

poidda
2nd May 2008, 11:41 AM
Go on. You know you want one of these.

http://www.funnies.com/picsMay28/76-cowbelly.jpg

poidda
2nd May 2008, 11:48 AM
It also reminds me of a girl who got a little butterfly on her arse cheak the last year of school. I saw her 10 years later, and I'm sure the cute little butterfly would be looking more like Vulture. :)

Iain
2nd May 2008, 02:10 PM

Goughy, the bloke I went to was about $110/hr. So it just depends on how long it takes.

Courty
2nd May 2008, 02:14 PM
So, how much do these things cost?

I'll tell you in a few weeks. ;)

Iain
2nd May 2008, 02:15 PM
What are you getting Courty??

Courty
2nd May 2008, 02:29 PM
"I heart OZgolf.net" ;)

Chris32
2nd May 2008, 02:43 PM
:mrgreen:

Iain
2nd May 2008, 03:02 PM
Nice, how long did that take you Chris??!! :mrgreen:

goughy
2nd May 2008, 03:30 PM
Goughy, the bloke I went to was about $110/hr. So it just depends on how long it takes.

I really am in the wrong trade!!! :o

Dotty
2nd May 2008, 03:58 PM
So, how much do these things cost?
Artline markers are $3.85 each.

When you wish you got Celtic symbols instead of Chinese characters, just wipe it with mower fuel and start again.

Chris32
2nd May 2008, 04:06 PM
Nice, how long did that take you Chris??!! :mrgreen:

Nah, never been into tatts, I found that after typing worst tattoo into google images

Some rippers on there though!

dc68
2nd May 2008, 04:08 PM
I like a particular Homer Simpson tatt I have seen....... Not suitable for a family forum though.

BrisVegas
2nd May 2008, 04:34 PM
I just had some work done this arvo. Had a couple of moles chopped out of my back. Finger's crossed the pathology is ok or else I'll be going back for a much larger job next Tuesday. :neutral:

Hooker
2nd May 2008, 09:23 PM
It is the Chinese symbol for faith, but it could read Special Fried Rice for all she knows.[/quote]

The current fad with young women getting Chinese symbols tattooed just above the crack of their bum apparently says in Chinese.

"GO BACK , YOU ARE GOING THE WRONG WAY " :razz::razz::razz:

Flowergirl
4th May 2008, 05:10 PM
Goughy - my last one took about an hour and cost me $100. I've never regretted either of mine and am thinking of another one - but might just wait till the grandchildren come along. ;)

Colin
4th May 2008, 08:04 PM
I've got a small one - just the wife's name in script on my left man-titty. Cost me $65 'cause that was their minimum charge, and took all of two minutes to get done. The stencilling and stuff took way longer. Hurt a fair bit, though, so I guess everyone's different.

From what I hear, for a decent sized half arm or chest tatt, you'll be looking at anywhere from $500 to $1000, and looking at spending a few sessions in the chair to get it done. I've been watching a lotta Miami Ink lately, and it's got me itching for a huge one down my arms...

Col

Webster
28th November 2008, 08:09 PM
http://boortz.com/images/funny/redneck_pics_tattoo4.jpg

Anyone got one of these?

PeteyD
28th November 2008, 08:46 PM
I've seen better ones than that at a few biker shows.

Minor_Threat
28th November 2008, 09:08 PM
I have three myself...

An anime chick on left upper arm, celtic cross design on right upper arm and my wifes name on left side of chest!

I love tattoos, its been about 3 years since I got one though, still working out what the next will be!

AndyP
28th November 2008, 10:30 PM
Loser!

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/article/2008/09/29/19891_news.html

Courty
28th November 2008, 11:06 PM
Loser!

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/article/2008/09/29/19891_news.html

:lol:

PeteyD
29th November 2008, 08:52 AM
that is pretty bad.