PDA

View Full Version : Barrett - Goooorn!

Courty
4th May 2006, 08:23 AM
http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,19019771-23214,00.html

Barrett has decided to go to Wigan.
IMO, he never fulfilled his potential & will now fade into obscurity as a player who could have been, but never was. No great loss.

Grunt
4th May 2006, 08:36 AM
What happens if Wigan get relegated this year. There is talk of it as they are going so bad in the UK SuperLeague.

Jarro
4th May 2006, 08:37 AM
yeah, i must say i agree.

I've never really been a big fan of him either. He runs the ball well, but isn't a ballplayer's a4se :p

He'll go alright over in England ... good luck to him.

gonna leave a big hole in the Dragons playing ranks though when both he and Gasnier leave at the end of the year.

Courty
4th May 2006, 08:42 AM
What happens if Wigan get relegated this year.

He'll look like a fool with poor decision-making skills.

yeah, i must say i agree.

I've never really been a big fan of him either. He runs the ball well, but isn't a ballplayer's a4se :p

I would have said the opposite. With his build, he could have been a player in Fittler's mould, running at the line with venom. But on most occasions he chose to pass long before any contact with the defensive line. Skirt.

Jarro
4th May 2006, 08:46 AM
he never really had the mobility to be in Fittlers class .... Freddie was pretty light on his feet, Barrett is a bit of a plodder.

Wonder what sort of cabbage Wigan are gonna shell out to get him ??

Grunt
4th May 2006, 08:53 AM
It is amazing they have not bought him out instantly they need to avoid relegation or it is a pointless exercise.

Fishman Dan
4th May 2006, 08:58 AM
Lance Thompson will be spewing - it's the Barrett's and Gasnier's that meant he had to go to the Sharkies.

3oneday
4th May 2006, 01:28 PM
Lance Thompson will be spewing - it's the Barrett's and Gasnier's that meant he had to go to the Sharkies.not to mention the fact he carried on like a tosser.

mike
4th May 2006, 08:53 PM
Barrett leaving the Dragons ?

Yipppeeeeee !!!

Jarro
5th May 2006, 05:32 AM
been waiting for you to poke your head in here ;)

I agree, YIPPEEEEEEEEEEE, it might actually kick start the Dragons into life again. Barrett has long been considered their #1 player, and quite frankly, i don't believe he's worthy of that title.

Hopefully they've got some good kids coming through the ranks.

PeteyD
5th May 2006, 06:22 AM
I think you guys are a bit harsh on a bloke that was overshadowed by some pretty good players.

3oneday
5th May 2006, 06:24 AM
I think you guys are a bit harsh on a bloke that was overshadowed by some pretty good players.nah, he's a chopper.....

:lol:

PeteyD
5th May 2006, 06:29 AM
nah, he's a chopper.....

:lol:
I thought everyone that played for the dragons was!:twisted::twisted:

mike
5th May 2006, 06:50 AM
If I won Lotto, I would donate 1.2 million to the Brisbane Broncos Rugby League Club on the condition they use that money to buy Trent Barrett for a year.

You guys will then understand the pain I'm going through.

Jarro
5th May 2006, 06:50 AM
i just don't think he's ever lived up to the hype that surrounded him.

terryand
5th May 2006, 06:51 AM
If I won Lotto, I would donate 1.2 million to the Brisbane Broncos Rugby League Club on the condition they use that money to buy Trent Barrett for a year.

You guys will then understand the pain I'm going through.

Not a problem, Benny would get the best out of him.

Terry.

mike
5th May 2006, 06:53 AM

Terry.

If any body would, it would be Bennett.

But he wouldn't.

Jarro
5th May 2006, 06:53 AM

Terry.

too right.

He'd play him at lock, the best position for him in my opinion.

PeteyD
5th May 2006, 07:00 AM
You dragons supporters do not know pain. Try supporting a team like the tigers. (I know they won last year, but they were in the dolldrums for 20 years)

PeteyD
5th May 2006, 07:02 AM
too right.

Have to agree here.

Jarro
5th May 2006, 07:02 AM
things are on the way up though 'eh PeteyD 8)

Dragons supporters have had plenty of pain in the last few years :roll:

PeteyD
5th May 2006, 07:03 AM
things are on the way up though 'eh PeteyD 8)

Dragons supporters have had plenty of pain in the last few years :roll:

Definately on the way up, and also proof you can win the lot on heart and with a team that is half a mill below the cap!

Jarro
5th May 2006, 07:06 AM
most of those guys would be local juniors too wouldn't they ??

PeteyD
5th May 2006, 07:08 AM
I think so. But I also think they had a retention problem (kind of like the Qld Reds - haha)

mike
5th May 2006, 07:08 AM
too right.

Lock is a good posi for him , I agree.

Even in the centres, he is such a devastating ball runner, he would go well there. He just isn't a playmaker and my grandma would have a better kicking game than him, and she's 91.

Settle mike, settle Mike. Where's your valium.

mike
5th May 2006, 07:09 AM
And if anybody mentions the 1999 grand final, I'll...I'll...

Jarro
5th May 2006, 07:10 AM
not a real fan of the guy 'eh mike ;)

man, you must've had a lot trouble watching the games the last couple of years then.

Jarro
5th May 2006, 07:11 AM
And if anybody mentions the 1999 grand final, I'll...I'll...

i won't mention 99.

.. but i will mention 92/93 ;)

Courty
5th May 2006, 07:12 AM

I disagree. He's too afraid of the heavy contact. I have a better position for him: left right out. :mrgreen:

mike
5th May 2006, 07:12 AM
Painful, Jarro. Just painful.

Jarro
5th May 2006, 07:14 AM
be interesting to see who they replace him with next season.

He's been the cornerstone of their whole game for quite a while now.

Maybe "The Man" Mundine will come back to play 5/8th :p

mike
5th May 2006, 07:15 AM
I started a thread on Barrett on one of those NRL forums, I forget which one. And it's hard to find anybody that thinks he's any good. Only the Dragons supporters with extreme tunnel vision thought he was .

Jarro
5th May 2006, 07:16 AM
well, look at it this way mike.

after this season, you won't have to worry about him ever again 8)

mike
5th May 2006, 07:22 AM
be interesting to see who they replace him with next season.

He's been the cornerstone of their whole game for quite a while now.

Maybe "The Man" Mundine will come back to play 5/8th :p

They play better without Barrett.

Providing they have Matthew Head and/or Ben Hornby around the ruck area, they'll be unbeatable.

Mundine was a very, very good footballer. In '99 he was the best player in the game. It's a shame he went'a'boxing.

mike
5th May 2006, 07:23 AM

Thank goodness for that.

Every time I watch a Dragons game I get 6 more grey hairs and shrink another inch.

PeteyD
5th May 2006, 07:25 AM

Nah, the bunnies will buy him back in 2 years and go on to beat the dragons in the final:twisted:

Jarro
5th May 2006, 07:26 AM
They play better without Barrett.

Providing they have Matthew Head and/or Ben Hornby around the ruck area, they'll be unbeatable.

Mundine was a very, very good footballer. In '99 he was the best player in the game. It's a shame he went'a'boxing.

yeah, Head seems to be the main attacking weapon they have now ... as long as he's gonna be there they should still be well directed in attack.

Hornby seems a fantastic fullback and if i were Brown, i wouldn't move him from that position unless something catastrophic happens.

mike
5th May 2006, 07:27 AM

I bet StGeorge Illawarra win next year and so do Wigan(or wherever he's going) and StGeorge have to play Wigan(or whoever) in the World Club Challenge and Barrett has a blinder and Wigan wins and he is voted (by the UK League writers) as being the best player in the world...

That will tip me over the edge.

Grunt
5th May 2006, 03:01 PM
Nah, the bunnies will buy him back in 2 years and go on to beat the dragons in the final:twisted:

WOO HOO

Bunnies are tipped to win the 2008 Premiership to celebrate the Centenary of Rugby League in Oz

Woo Hoo