PDA

View Full Version : AFL Result Changed

Fishman Dan
3rd May 2006, 08:06 PM
From a young age you learn to play the whistle. Rules are rules, and the game didn't end until the controlling umpire blew his whistle in recognition of the final siren.

The AFL is wrong to change the result, no matter how retarded the umpire is for not hearing the final hooter.

What do you think?

Jarro
3rd May 2006, 08:10 PM
i heard that it wasn't the umpires fault but the official that controls the siren. He's supposed to sound the siren until the umpire acknowledges it isn't he ... so it's really his fault??

I'd be plenty ****ed off if i was a St.Kilda player/supporter.

Bloody hell, Molly will throw a right tanty now :roll:

terryand
3rd May 2006, 08:16 PM
The right thing has been done.

Terry.

Bruce
3rd May 2006, 08:32 PM
I can't tell you how angry this makes me. There is a rule that specifically covers this in 10.4 and because we don't like it when the rule is used we change the result.

Everything is up for grabs now.

Clubs are now obliged to test every close result. Why wouldn't they if they could steal 2 or 4 points. The AFL's statement that "this is a special case" will last only until the next 'special case'. The rod they have made for their back today will never leave them.

Moe Norman
3rd May 2006, 08:44 PM
the rule is "game isn't over until the umpire hears the siren.

it doesn't specifiy which umpire and it's become apparent that every umpy but the one with the ball heard it.

terryand
3rd May 2006, 08:45 PM
I can't tell you how angry this makes me. There is a rule that specifically covers this in 10.4 and because we don't like it when the rule is used we change the result.

Everything is up for grabs now.

Clubs are now obliged to test every close result. Why wouldn't they if they could steal 2 or 4 points. The AFL's statement that "this is a special case" will last only until the next 'special case'. The rod they have made for their back today will never leave them.

I guess it is a special case because it was at a ground used sparingly by the AFL.hence if it had of been at who's ever home ground, they would have heard the siren.

So I guess if you are going to promote the game, make sure the ground and its facilities are up to standard.

Terry.

Bruce
3rd May 2006, 09:01 PM
the rule is "game isn't over until the umpire hears the siren.

it doesn't specifiy which umpire and it's become apparent that every umpy but the one with the ball heard it.

Speaking as a current level 2 accredited AFL field umpire, any of the three can make the call. If either of the other 2 umpires had heard it then they would have come down and made the call. If they didn't they will be taking a holiday in the bush for while.

Moe Norman
3rd May 2006, 09:16 PM
if you watch the footage they both ran down the ground trying to get him to stop it and one of them changed the 50m penalty decision to avoid even moe controversy.

Courty
3rd May 2006, 09:39 PM
AFL is pants.

Moe Norman
3rd May 2006, 09:45 PM
and the offspring of your avatar is a likely Cowboys captain... :P

3oneday
3rd May 2006, 10:19 PM
what happened ???

;)

Jarro
4th May 2006, 04:45 AM
what happened ???

;)

who really cares ...

AndyP
4th May 2006, 07:21 AM
Freo, heave ho.

St Kilda had no right to get two points, despite the Dockers last quarter choke.
It was a timekeeper fault not an umpire's, so close results can't be appealed in the future on the basis of an umpire error based on this precedent.

Sucked in Grant Thomas.

chappy1970
4th May 2006, 08:46 AM
I have been a life long Saints supporter (the mental scars are deep let me tell you). IMHO the descision is just and right.

We were given a gift when we were awarded 2 points for the game. The fact is we played pitifully on Sunday, not dissimilar to the few weeks before last round and deserved to loose.

Until the Saints hierachy wake up and get rid of the tosser currently coaching we will continue to be a laughing stock.

Chappy

chappy1970
4th May 2006, 08:48 AM
AFL is pants.

Courty awesome avitair photo, Andy is a legend.............Yea I know!!!

Chappy

Jarro
4th May 2006, 08:50 AM

Chappy

i thought it was a high-school pic of Courty :-s

Courty
4th May 2006, 08:58 AM
i thought it was a high-school pic of Courty :-s

:roll: Uneducated neanderthal buffoon. ;)

Isn't it obvious? It's Andy (not our illustrious moderator, the OTHER Andy)

Jarro
4th May 2006, 09:08 AM
i knew who it was ;) .. just couldn't resist a dig :p

Courty
4th May 2006, 09:13 AM

It was a toss-up between Andy & David Brent. I might have to rotate them regularly. :mrgreen:

Anyhow, back to the GayFL.

chappy1970
4th May 2006, 09:18 AM
It was a toss-up between Andy & David Brent. I might have to rotate them regularly. :mrgreen:

Anyhow, back to the GayFL.

Got all 3 series if your interested?

Chappy

Courty
4th May 2006, 09:21 AM
Got all 3 series if your interested?

Chappy

Thanks, but so have I. And The Office.