PDA

View Full Version : New Driver & off center face strikes.

Kaniss
9th January 2016, 10:43 PM
Can you guys explain to me what is happening with my swing when almost all of my driver face marks are now located off center from the sweet spot and more towards the hozel side of the face? I applied some spray to my new driver and 9/10 shots made a mark off center almost inline with the hozel. My swing has not changed but my driver was upgraded from the 910 to the 915. The 915 is heavier than my old 910 im finding it a little harder to swing freely. Both drivers have stiff shafts.

When I had the 910 my drives where really good, but now ive lost distance with the 915 and the flight path is very random. Remember my swing is still the same. Im stumped...!!!

Hatchman
9th January 2016, 11:41 PM
Do you still have your 910 to repeat the tests side by side?
You say your swing hasn't change but small changes do happen that go un-noticed.

Kaniss
9th January 2016, 11:47 PM
Do you still have your 910 to repeat the tests side by side?
You say your swing hasn't change but small changes do happen that go un-noticed.

Yes took both to my local range off the grass, then played 18 and the 910 was further and more consistently on center. The 915 feels much heavier in comparison. I hit the 915 before buying it really well on the monitors and it felt great.

Daves
10th January 2016, 07:14 AM
Were you fitted for the 915? What are the shafts you are using?

simmsy
10th January 2016, 09:01 AM
Swing weight of 915 v 910
Find that out.
Get the 915 to same SW as the 910 and make sure shaft length is the same.

olddogmike
10th January 2016, 10:18 AM
You are making me glad not to have swapped my rangefinder for a 915, I have been getting good distance with my 910 after fitting
the shaft I got from you.

razaar
10th January 2016, 04:21 PM
Can you guys explain to me what is happening with my swing when almost all of my driver face marks are now located off center from the sweet spot and more towards the hozel side of the face? I applied some spray to my new driver and 9/10 shots made a mark off center almost inline with the hozel. My swing has not changed but my driver was upgraded from the 910 to the 915. The 915 is heavier than my old 910 im finding it a little harder to swing freely. Both drivers have stiff shafts.

When I had the 910 my drives where really good, but now ive lost distance with the 915 and the flight path is very random. Remember my swing is still the same. Im stumped...!!!I wonder if Rory felt the same as u do when he first went to Nike? Really mate, you have got to be kidding about your swing being the same. ☺

Kaniss
11th January 2016, 08:16 AM
I wonder if Rory felt the same as u do when he first went to Nike? Really mate, you have got to be kidding about your swing being the same. ☺

Why would I change my swing for no apparent reason? Why would anyone if it works for you. In this case im thinking the heavier weight of the 915 is throwing my rythm out. I can feel the weight difference.

Daves
11th January 2016, 08:30 AM
The 915 heads are actually a couple of grams lighter than the 910 equivalents. So the only way the driver can be "heavier", is if the changeable head weights have been increased over the standard 7 grams, or the shaft is heavier and/or longer.

Your swing can change with different clubs, for a number of reasons, and are usually alignment/grip related. It is also common for a golfer's alignment to slip/change and throw out their swing significantly.

I have a collection of 909s, 910s, 913s and a 915, and the only significant difference I have noted across the models is the sound/feel of the 915 is "harder/harsher" than the traditional Titty feel.

Wenz
11th January 2016, 09:46 AM
When I had the 910 my drives where really good, but now ive lost distance with the 915 and the flight path is very random.
Why change is the real question?

meh
11th January 2016, 09:54 AM
Why would I change my swing for no apparent reason? Why would anyone if it works for you. In this case im thinking the heavier weight of the 915 is throwing my rythm out. I can feel the weight difference.

He's never been wrong, why would he start now?

Does the shaft from the 910 fit into the 915?

razaar
11th January 2016, 10:07 AM
Why would I change my swing for no apparent reason? Why would anyone if it works for you. In this case im thinking the heavier weight of the 915 is throwing my rythm out. I can feel the weight difference.Your swing is your swing but I bet it changes from drive to drive and according to your emotions and thoughts. A swing made with confidence is not the same as a swing made with anxiety. Doesn't matter how good a player is, golf is s mind game.

Kaniss
11th January 2016, 10:11 PM
The 915 heads are actually a couple of grams lighter than the 910 equivalents. So the only way the driver can be "heavier", is if the changeable head weights have been increased over the standard 7 grams, or the shaft is heavier and/or longer.

Your swing can change with different clubs, for a number of reasons, and are usually alignment/grip related. It is also common for a golfer's alignment to slip/change and throw out their swing significantly.

I have a collection of 909s, 910s, 913s and a 915, and the only significant difference I have noted across the models is the sound/feel of the 915 is "harder/harsher" than the traditional Titty feel.

Interesting about the heads being lighter the shaft is about 10 grams heavier than my previous shaft. Would 10 grams make a difference to your swing though? The head weight is stock purchased brand new.

Why change is the real question?
The 910 was beat up and I decided to treat myself. Why not lol..

He's never been wrong, why would he start now?

Does the shaft from the 910 fit into the 915?

My mate has laid claim to it. I have to get it back to test it out. He actually started to drive the ball extreamly well with it so its going to be hard to get it back but I will.

3oneday
12th January 2016, 04:51 AM
Your swing is your swing but I bet it changes from drive to drive and according to your emotions and thoughts. A swing made with confidence is not the same as a swing made with anxiety. Doesn't matter how good a player is, golf is s mind game.your shortness of reply indicates your acknowledgement :)

Daves
12th January 2016, 07:27 AM
Interesting about the heads being lighter the shaft is about 10 grams heavier than my previous shaft. Would 10 grams make a difference to your swing though? The head weight is stock purchased brand new.

Short answer is yes, +10g shaft weight can make a noticeable difference to the club and your results. The easy way to find out is to put the 910 shaft into the 915 and see how it goes.

razaar
12th January 2016, 07:52 AM
your shortness of reply indicates your acknowledgement :)Ha-ha...golf raises some dumb questions.☺

Kaniss
12th January 2016, 06:32 PM
Short answer is yes, +10g shaft weight can make a noticeable difference to the club and your results. The easy way to find out is to put the 910 shaft into the 915 and see how it goes.

I will do that cheers.

Ha-ha...golf raises some dumb questions.☺
Sorry not everyone here is as knowledgeable as tour professionals such as your self...;)

Actually I played a game today at my local just to focus on my driving and general practice as the course was empty. I tried swinging faster, slower, teeing the ball lower and higher also tried different swing paths and finally started hitting them much better and closer to the sweet spot. At the end of the session I ended up rotating my upper body much further on the upswing and speeding up the downswing with a better follow through which yielded a better drive. Pretty happy with the results today and the distance is almost near my old driver. Going to try this on the range tommorrow to see how it goes.

rick3003
12th January 2016, 09:05 PM
Should have stuck with the 910... I also found the 915 to be no longer than the 910

Kaniss
12th January 2016, 09:58 PM
Should have stuck with the 910... I also found the 915 to be no longer than the 910

They are about the same distance wise I agree..my 910 originally had a regular shaft then I swapped it for the Motore F3 stiff from olddogmike I got way more acuracy out of it but the distance was reduced. No biggie still happy with what it produced.

The 915 has a stiff diamana in it and today I was getting roughly around the same distance with the 910 regular..Im going to test a regular shaft in the 915 soon just to see what happens.

Going to let some rippers fly tommorrow cant wait.