PDA

View Full Version : should i invest in lessons or go to club fitting/TM performance lab

shonofear
7th January 2016, 09:31 AM
heey,
so I've now got 2 sets of clubs and not sure which ones agree with my swing/style

Mizuno JPX pro's with PX 6.0 stiff shafts
TM tour pro's CB 2014 irons KBS tour r-flex

(upgraded from TM burner plus steel r-flex)

im now in Melbourne so was considering the complete fitting experience at the high performance lab but my swing also needs much improvement
but maybe my clubs/setup are affecting my ability to hit consistent shots ...
any recommendations ? any 1 care to comment on their experience at the TM lab?

mrbluu
7th January 2016, 09:33 AM
heey,
so I've now got 2 sets of clubs and not sure which ones agree with my swing/style

Mizuno JPX pro's with PX 6.0 stiff shafts
TM tour pro's CB 2014 irons KBS tour r-flex

(upgraded from TM burner plus steel r-flex)

im now in Melbourne so was considering the complete fitting experience at the high performance lab but my swing also needs much improvement
but maybe my clubs/setup are affecting my ability to hit consistent shots ...
any recommendations ? any 1 care to comment on their experience at the TM lab?

Why one or the other and not both??

GuyIncognito
7th January 2016, 09:36 AM
Why one or the other and not both??

this.

jezaa
7th January 2016, 09:59 AM
this. Think the question is around sequencingImo get a lesson first and find out if there are major swing changes needed before club fitting

mrbluu
7th January 2016, 10:05 AM
Lessons first.

shonofear
7th January 2016, 10:12 AM
true ideally i would require both, yes just wondering about which first then,
ok, will try lessons first.

im currently a member at Sanctuary Lakes golf course at Point Cook,
can any 1 recommend a good coach around this area of Melbourne ?

cheers

thecollective
7th January 2016, 10:27 AM
shonofear: The best coach I have ever had is based at the MGA in Moorabbin; and its a she!

Seriously Michelle will sort you out - that's if you want to drive out that far.

I believe the head pro at Barwon Heads is pretty handy as well

Lessons before wasting any time and money on fitting - all that will do is put band aids on your new clubs

shonofear
7th January 2016, 11:46 AM
shonofear: The best coach I have ever had is based at the MGA in Moorabbin; and its a she!

Seriously Michelle will sort you out - that's if you want to drive out that far.

I believe the head pro at Barwon Heads is pretty handy as well

Lessons before wasting any time and money on fitting - all that will do is put band aids on your new clubs

thanks, thats not too far away i guess. will look into it

spanner039
7th January 2016, 12:25 PM
Do both eventually, but grab a lesson or two first, I have seen Adam Fraser a couple of times and im due again soon, nice fella that knows his stuff ask him about your clubs he will not BS you. he advised me too just do an iron fitting and adjust my current irons to suit.

topping
10th February 2016, 06:46 AM
100% talk to a pro first. Anyone worth their salt will be able to tell you after ten minutes if your clubs are in the right ball park. Included in the cost of a lesson...