PDA

View Full Version : Hi from SA

Coopers Country
6th January 2016, 10:59 PM
Just found the site last week , I know bit a bit slow but what can I say . 42 played since I was 10 but had a big layoff after I was 18 , only got into it seriously again in the last 3 years. Play mainly sand scrapes so a lot wouldn't call it serious . The site seems great love the banter between you guys that have been here a long time dont know if I can add much input to anything but hopefully learn a lot and already have
Heres Cheers

Coopers Country
6th January 2016, 11:02 PM
oh and thanks Jazz

3Puttpete
6th January 2016, 11:03 PM
G'day CC,

I feel it is my duty as your Cha...

Oh. [emoji22] never mind.

Welcome.

thecollective
6th January 2016, 11:06 PM
For a minute there you had it...

Then the announcement was made

Never seen a smile drop so fast in all my life

Coopers Country
6th January 2016, 11:07 PM
Hi 3 putt , and thanks . I really can relate to your name

Jazz18
6th January 2016, 11:08 PM
oh and thanks Jazz

No worries mate. Good bunch of guys here. Have fun!

Jazz18
6th January 2016, 11:08 PM
G'day CC,

I feel it is my duty as your Cha...

Oh. [emoji22] never mind.

Welcome.

Old habits die hard hey..........

marcel
6th January 2016, 11:16 PM
Welcome.
You have 10 months to prepare for the SA ozgolf champs and experience the awesomeness of 3puttpete

I can't believe no-one has asked if you're a member of Grange

Coopers Country
6th January 2016, 11:35 PM
Does Grange have sand scrapes?:lol:

marcel
6th January 2016, 11:41 PM
Not last time I looked.

Where you at?

Coopers Country
6th January 2016, 11:43 PM
NW of adelaide we probably pay less for a years membership than they do for a round at Grange

marcel
6th January 2016, 11:45 PM
Probably.

Last scrapes I played was late 80's, Henty NSW.

Hatchman
7th January 2016, 02:15 AM
Just found the site last week , I know bit a bit slow but what can I say . 42 played since I was 10 but had a big layoff after I was 18 , only got into it seriously again in the last 3 years. Play mainly sand scrapes so a lot wouldn't call it serious . The site seems great love the banter between you guys that have been here a long time dont know if I can add much input to anything but hopefully learn a lot and already have
Heres Cheers

It may be a different game to greens but it just as serious.

NW of adelaide we probably pay less for a years membership than they do for a round at Grange

Which scrapes course you play at?

I still get out onto the blacks for the odd game and still enjoy it a lot. I've been trying to drag a few of the S.A guys out to experience the wonders of Sand Greens.

Peppas
7th January 2016, 07:05 AM
Welcome mate, do you like kitchener buns?

I've played scrapes a few times, you're allowed to leave a mound of raked up sand directly behind the hole right? :)

Dotty
7th January 2016, 07:57 AM
I played with a bloke once, who had only played scrapes before.
He went okay on the greens, but totally mind****ed when he got in the soft fluffy bunkers.

Welcome aboard.

wazamac
7th January 2016, 09:05 AM
Welcome Coopers.
Keep and eye out in the 1st tee thread for up and coming games for the SA lads.
November is our SA champs and it should be blast.

How far out of Adelaide are you?

Dcanto
7th January 2016, 10:49 AM
Welcome CC.

Coopers Country
7th January 2016, 11:21 AM
Hatchman yeah it is a bit different game , you gotta know how to chip and run if they are quick, and judging by the language and amount of bent and broken sticks we take it serious

Peppas prefer a Pale Ale more than a kitchener bun but depends the time of the morning , and a ridge along the side is handy too , dont worry plenty of people try it

Thanks Dotty , I cant putt for sh** anyway so greens or blacks doesn't matter actually played greens over christmas and my putting was reasonable but couldn't do anything else ,I don't mind bunkers we have a lot of sand anyway , where there isn't claypans

wazamac will keep an eye out I think a few of the boys will be interested , I know I am

Thanks Dcanto

nadg63
7th January 2016, 06:24 PM
Greetings CC, and welcome.

Coopers Country
7th January 2016, 07:00 PM
thanks nad

oldracer
7th January 2016, 07:29 PM
welcome CC, getting a bit of a rabid group over there in SA so you have plenty of comrades, enjoy the madness