PDA

View Full Version : Titleist 915D2 - Very Loud??

peteerb
2nd January 2016, 01:41 PM
Hi all,

I am in the market for a new driver and have tested a few. The one I am most keen on is the 915D2, but I feel the noise on any shot (centre or off centre) is very loud and high pitched. Does anyone feel this way, or is it just me? The sound is worse at the driving range, but even with my usual ball, Z Star XV, the sound is very noticeable.

jezaa
2nd January 2016, 01:47 PM
Haven't noticed anything too different. Certainly a lot more muted than many other drivers out there. Using a Z-star too

benno_r
2nd January 2016, 02:37 PM
Hi all,

I am in the market for a new driver and have tested a few. The one I am most keen on is the 915D2, but I feel the noise on any shot (centre or off centre) is very loud and high pitched. Does anyone feel this way, or is it just me? The sound is worse at the driving range, but even with my usual ball, Z Star XV, the sound is very noticeable.
I have demo'd one a couple of times, and the one thing I took from it was how loud and tinny sounding it was.

peteerb
2nd January 2016, 03:11 PM
Interesting, 1-1

FuzzyJuzzy
2nd January 2016, 04:01 PM
The 915 range of drivers sound quite louder than the 913 and 910 range. They don't sound bad to my ear, just louder than their predecessors. Nowhere near as harsh on the ears as, say, the G25.

wazandnic
2nd January 2016, 04:07 PM
The 915 range of drivers sound quite louder than the 913 and 910 range. They don't sound bad to my ear, just louder than their predecessors...

+1

It is louder than other recent titty's but I don't find it too offensive and got used to it pretty quickly.

peteerb
2nd January 2016, 04:16 PM
That's good to know, I was very conscious of it at the range but if you get used to it an others find it OK that makes me feel better

LeftyHoges
2nd January 2016, 08:09 PM
At the end of the day if the driver that suits me best sounded like a rooting peacock, I'd still buy it.

Deester
2nd January 2016, 08:18 PM
It's loud ... But don't think it's any worse than most of the current drivers. Always find the range the best gauge when others are using their drivers, and find it no more offensive. :)

peteerb
2nd January 2016, 08:55 PM
At the end of the day if the driver that suits me best sounded like a rooting peacock, I'd still buy it.

Good call, the loud sound makes sure people see your straight drive :wink:

Ron Burgundy
3rd January 2016, 11:24 AM
I hadn't thought about the sound previously. Used mine again this morning and it is reasonably loud. But I was absolutely smoking them so I couldn't care less what it sounded like. Agree with Lefty, it could sound like fingernails down a chalkboard or a car alarm and I'd still game it.

davidw88
3rd January 2016, 06:48 PM
I had one but didn't notice the sound. if it goes straight it wouldn't worry me.

Jazz18
3rd January 2016, 07:09 PM
I've hit both (indoors so might not be the best gauge) and I thought the D3 was louder than the D2 actually.

davidw88
3rd January 2016, 07:59 PM
Yeah I had both, Didn't think they were overly loud.

peteerb
3rd January 2016, 09:11 PM
Thanks for the replies, good to know most of you don't really worry about the sound. Might have a hit tomorrow depending on the weather and see how it goes again

olddogmike
4th January 2016, 12:34 PM
If you really don't like it you can send it to me, I take my hearing aids out when playing golf.

peteerb
4th January 2016, 12:49 PM
If you really don't like it you can send it to me, I take my hearing aids out when playing golf.

Haha love it! Don't think that will be happening though. Will probably get one on Wednesday and as a few others have said, pump it down the middle and not worry about the sound!

Kaniss
6th January 2016, 02:25 AM
Ooo yes its loud. Ive noticed it has a nice note to it, especially if you connect on the sweet spot with a good solid swing.

peteerb
6th January 2016, 10:06 AM
Ordered one today! 915 D2, 10.5 degrees with the Aldila Rogue Black 70 shaft. Thanks everyone for your help

Hatchman
6th January 2016, 11:39 AM
Fill it with that canned expand foam or cotton wool to mute it.

wazandnic
6th January 2016, 11:50 AM
915's are harder to insert wool as the hole under the weight port is very small... could try the shaft hole perhaps??

The 910's were a breeze as the hole for the weight port was just slightly smaller then the weight.

FuzzyJuzzy
6th January 2016, 06:28 PM
Ordered one today! 915 D2, 10.5 degrees with the Aldila Rogue Black 70 shaft. Thanks everyone for your helpGood man. The 915D is awesome:).