PDA

View Full Version : small step

wavemaker
26th July 2004, 03:49 PM
it's no great shakes in the greater scheme of things BUT i got round gordonvale in under 120 today. i have been knocking on the door for a couple of weeks but kept having blowouts. today i held it together and shot 119. im stoked. 3 pars and 38 puts!!! wooohooo. :D

burger
26th July 2004, 03:56 PM
im stoked. wooohooo. :D
Wavemaker, Congrats on a personal milestone!

stu

AndyP
26th July 2004, 04:02 PM
Well done, wavemaker. What's the next milestone?

wavemaker
26th July 2004, 04:07 PM
thanks for the encouraging words folks. we are moving to maryborough early september, i would like to knock anothr 5 off that before i go. if i could get the longer irons working it would be do-able. my putting and short game i can live with.

Golfgirl
26th July 2004, 04:28 PM
it's no great shakes in the greater scheme of things BUT i got round gordonvale in under 120 today. i have been knocking on the door for a couple of weeks but kept having blowouts. today i held it together and shot 119. im stoked. 3 pars and 38 puts!!! wooohooo. :D

Good on ya Wavemaker.... start working on your putting and chipping and you will easily shave 5 or more strokes off.... :wink: The short game is where it is at.

Courty
26th July 2004, 04:32 PM
wavey, we'll have to have a round or two before you leave town.
I thought you would be disappoined with 38 putts. The day we played at HMB with Onewood you were giving the rest of us a putting lesson! :shock:

wavemaker
26th July 2004, 06:23 PM
name a day courty i'll be there. today i had one 4 putt three 3 putts eleven 2 putts and three 1 putts. i was pretty pleased. gg im getting the chips and pitches and putts mostly, i just cant get down the bloody fairways in a reasonable number.

Flowergirl
27th July 2004, 01:33 PM
name a day courty i'll be there. today i had one 4 putt three 3 putts eleven 2 putts and three 1 putts. i was pretty pleased. gg im getting the chips and pitches and putts mostly, i just cant get down the bloody fairways in a reasonable number.

What do you off the tee? If this is where the problem starts maybe a review of the club you use would be a good start to get it started on the bollody fairway.
So many players I know get into trouble off the tee and never recover. Sacrifice of a bit of length for accuracy is my best advice.
Good luck in reaching your next milestone...........I'm still waiting on reaching mine. :wink:

wavemaker
27th July 2004, 04:07 PM
thanks for that fg. i was trying with the driver and that was bloody hopeless. i am using 3and 4 irons now with a lot more success but next monday im going to leave them out too and go with 5 and up. i hope i can report another improvement. good luck with your milestone. what is it?

Onewood
27th July 2004, 06:07 PM
wavey, we'll have to have a round or two before you leave town.
I thought you would be disappoined with 38 putts. The day we played at HMB with Onewood you were giving the rest of us a putting lesson! :shock:

Great work Wavemaker, I agree with Courty your good putter :D stick with it buddy :P