PDA

View Full Version : Ozgolf SA Champs 2016 10th-14th November

Pages : [1] 2

nadg63
26th December 2015, 12:30 PM
Venues as below:-

Thursday 10th - Blackwood Golf Club

Friday 11th - The Vines of Reynella (The Kitchener Cup) First tee-off @ 12.30pm, 3 groups booked 12 players

Saturday 12th - Tanunda Pines Golf Club - First tee time @ 1.00pm, 9 players (Round 1 of The Champs)

Sunday 13th - Royal Adelaide Golf Club - First tee-off @ 12 noon, 4 groups booked, max'd out @ 16 players

Monday 14th - Kooyonga Golf Club - Tee times 8.26am 8.33am, lunch @ 12.30pm (8 spots ONLY but another tee time may be possible if required)

On the 'Social' side of things, so everybody doesn't have to scoot off here there and everywhere, at both The Vines and TPGC we ae looking at midday-ish tee-offs so as to be able to stay on and have drinks/dinner in the clubhouse.

NOTE:- The fees this year include the green fees for the FRIDAY, SATURDAY and SUNDAY!

* = staying for dinner.

Thurs
Fri
$30
Sat
$36
Sun
$85
Mon
$ OWING
$ PAID
Comments
+$20 prizes

Coalesce
X
Y
X
Y
Y
$0

$141

Vines

Wazamac
X

Y*
Y*
Y
X
$0

$141

Vines

Jasonb
X
Y
Y
Y
X
$0

$141
Vines

Thecollective
Y
Y*
Y
Y
Y
$0
$135
TPGC

Simsy
X

Y
Y
Y
X
$0

$171

Marcel
X

X
Y
Y
X
$0

$56

RAGC Member

Hatchman
Y
Y*
Y*
Y
Y
$0

$171

Davek
X
Y*
X
Y
X
$0

$135

Chilled
X
Y*
Y
Y
Y
$0

$86
(recip via Kooey)

Chris32
X

Y
X
Y
X
$0
$135

James
X

X

X

Y
X
$0
RAGC Member

Hard_Pan
X
Y*
Y*
Y
X
$0
$171

Peter Jeffries
X
X
X
Y
X
$0
RAGC Member

Jimandr

Y
Y*

Y*

Y

Y
Owed $35
$206

Hippo10
X
X
X
Y
Y
$0
$105

Wenz
X
X
X
Y
X
$0
$105

nadg63
X
Y*
X
X
X
$0
$50

(note: NO refunds at this late stage!)

thecollective
26th December 2015, 01:53 PM
Hi Nadg;

This is open slather and only my opinion but here goes:

Thursday:
Blackwood GC - good tier 2 course and not too far; easy to get on mid week as well OR
Grange West / East - subject to it being affordable and not stupid pricing

Friday:
The Vines - as recommended by yourself

Saturday:
Tanunda Pines - my club is happy to host us on Saturday + we have plenty of tee times and flexibility

Sunday:
RAGC

Monday:
Kooyonga / Glenelg 36 holes

coalesce
26th December 2015, 03:11 PM
36 holes was a bit of a slog on the Monday. What about only 1 round on the Monday and having the other one on Thurs?

thecollective
26th December 2015, 03:16 PM
36 holes was a bit of a slog on the Monday. What about only 1 round on the Monday and having the other one on Thurs?

That could work, if Glenelg will have us on a Thursday it might also draw some more interstate interest

Peppas
26th December 2015, 04:35 PM

I thought Monday was frigging awesome but I guess others may not agree or be powered by as many kitcheners as me.

Hatchman
26th December 2015, 08:11 PM
36 is long day walking if your swinging and scoring like a busted ring :(

Peppas
26th December 2015, 08:16 PM
36 is long day walking if your swinging and scoring like a busted ring :(

I'd be ok with it :)

nadg63
10th January 2016, 07:48 PM
Just an update, dates for The SA Champs 2016 are now listed in the header post, but looking at 10th-14th November, (almost corresponding to 2015)

At the moment venues for three of the days are pretty much sorted already but the Thursday and Monday have not been decided upon, will leave those to others to finalise, Chilled, Coalesce, Hatchman etc. Ideally the courses chosen would not be too far out of the CBD allowing interstate players time to get from/to the airport if required!?

Anyone interested in taking part please let us know by replying to this post.

Thanks.

Ferrins
10th January 2016, 08:11 PM
I am interested as long as I can get good directions to the courses.

nadg63
10th January 2016, 08:29 PM
I am interested as long as I can get good directions to the courses.

Haha :)

Lagerlover
10th January 2016, 08:37 PM
I'm definitely in. Not up to 36 holes in one day though.

Hatchman
10th January 2016, 08:37 PM
If we have 12:30 onwards tee times at Tanunda I'll be sneaking in a 7-7:30 game at Kapunda for anyone else thats keen.

thecollective
10th January 2016, 08:40 PM
Hatch: probably around that time to allow the Saturday field to completely clear, probably from 11:30 should give us a clear field.

The course can be surprisingly quiet Saturday afternoon

jimandr
10th January 2016, 08:57 PM
So, there is now only 10 months to go (I thought I'd start the countdown before Peps did).

That should leave Chilled plenty of time to negotiate himself a Monday day off and arrange a Kooyonga Monday game for us.

That leaves arrangements for Thursday at Glenelg (or even Tuesday!) to be made. Then we'd be close to golfing heaven again.

I guess a trio of RA, Kooey and Glenelg might get stale eventually, but I reckon I could take at least 5 of that trio in a row before I got sick of the roster.

nadg63
11th January 2016, 03:10 PM
So, there is now only 10 months to go (I thought I'd start the countdown before Peps did).

That should leave Chilled plenty of time to negotiate himself a Monday day off and arrange a Kooyonga Monday game for us.

That leaves arrangements for Thursday at Glenelg (or even Tuesday!) to be made. Then we'd be close to golfing heaven again.

I guess a trio of RA, Kooey and Glenelg might get stale eventually, but I reckon I could take at least 5 of that trio in a row before I got sick of the roster.

Duly noted Jim :)

benno_r
11th January 2016, 03:24 PM
I'll put in a tentative light pencil. It appears that week falls on my R&R, but hard to fully commit until a fair into this year.

I loved all the tracks we had last year, but I would be even happier if we threw some variety in. Maybe a Grange???

coalesce
11th January 2016, 03:31 PM
The problem with Grange is we don't know anyone there, so we would only get visitor rates, which from memory were $170 per person.

Now if you want to pay that fine - I'd be happy to book a tee time on your behalf. However I'm not sure you'd get any locals playing with you at that price.

Personally I've only played Grange East not West, but I'd rather pay full price at Glenelg, Kooey or RA than I would full price to play East again.

Peppas
11th January 2016, 03:35 PM
I'll throw in a 2nd vote for Grange :P

benno_r
11th January 2016, 03:41 PM
The problem with Grange is we don't know anyone there, so we would only get visitor rates, which from memory were $170 per person.

Now if you want to pay that fine - I'd be happy to book a tee time on your behalf. However I'm not sure you'd get any locals playing with you at that price.

Personally I've only played Grange East not West, but I'd rather pay full price at Glenelg, Kooey or RA than I would full price to play East again.

Fully understand that. My thing is if I am spending decent coin to go play golf, I want to play somewhere I haven't been before.

Now that is not saying Glenelg, or RA, or Kooyoonga, or Tanunda aren't great, because they are. But if I have to pick between a trip to play 5 courses I have played before, or a trip to Queenstown NZ (for instance) to play new courses, it's a damn tough decision.

3Puttpete
11th January 2016, 03:43 PM
I'm hopeful but very unlikely for this year :(

coalesce
11th January 2016, 03:55 PM
Fully understand that. My thing is if I am spending decent coin to go play golf, I want to play somewhere I haven't been before.

Now that is not saying Glenelg, or RA, or Kooyoonga, or Tanunda aren't great, because they are. But if I have to pick between a trip to play 5 courses I have played before, or a trip to Queenstown NZ (for instance) to play new courses, it's a damn tough decision.

Yep I understand that too.

I'm happy to try and arrange a booking there for the Thursday pm and/or Monday am and report back with what they might offer. I'm just not overly optimistic for much value based on their response this year

coalesce
11th January 2016, 03:56 PM
I'm hopeful but very unlikely for this year :(

Are you scared you couldn't keep the birdie run going on the 3rd at RA?

benno_r
11th January 2016, 04:06 PM
Yep I understand that too.

I'm happy to try and arrange a booking there for the Thursday pm and/or Monday am and report back with what they might offer. I'm just not overly optimistic for much value based on their response this year

And to make further clarification, new courses don't have to be top tier courses. More then happy to play normal members tracks and what not as well. Surely there are other decent members tracks around Adelaide?

3Puttpete
11th January 2016, 04:11 PM
Are you scared you couldn't keep the birdie run going on the 3rd at RA? Not really. It's an easy hole

nadg63
11th January 2016, 04:29 PM
Those dates are not 'Locked in' - if the week after is more suitable for people then that's fine.

Peppas
11th January 2016, 04:43 PM
Those dates are not 'Locked in' - if the week after is more suitable for people then that's fine.

The week after the Kitchener cup will fall on my birthday. Not sure if that is a good recipe...

benno_r
11th January 2016, 04:55 PM

Going to be totally selfish and declare any movement and I am out! lol

Peppas
11th January 2016, 05:22 PM
Going to be totally selfish and declare any movement and I am out! lol

More your R&R a week and we could be doing birthday kitchners on the kitchener cup!

Grunt
11th January 2016, 05:28 PM
Interested so long as I finish uni by then.

benno_r
11th January 2016, 05:55 PM
More your R&R a week and we could be doing birthday kitchners on the kitchener cup!
If it was remotely possible I would.

Lagerlover
11th January 2016, 10:01 PM
I want to play somewhere I haven't been before.

Maybe you should list which courses you've already played in SA, and the boys can go from there.

benno_r
12th January 2016, 04:52 AM
Maybe you should list which courses you've already played in SA, and the boys can go from there.
Last 2 years of champs, my body barelling friends.

nadg63
12th January 2016, 05:03 AM
That's okay, we know who has attended and which courses have been used.

thecollective
16th January 2016, 10:33 AM
Hi Nadg, please add Peter J to the Sunday list, he is a RA member :)

Chilled
17th January 2016, 08:02 PM
Are these dates locked in now? Once I know the exact weekend for this I'll attempt to book out the following monday for Kooey.

coalesce
17th January 2016, 08:39 PM
Yep locked in. Thanks Chilled

Chilled
17th January 2016, 08:42 PM
Great no worries, I'll get moving this week on organising a couple of tee times for Monday 14.

I'm going to try and get thurs and friday off work also.

marcel
17th January 2016, 10:45 PM
Yep locked in. Thanks Chilled

I haven't checked with RA. I'll send them an email tomorrow

coalesce
17th January 2016, 10:48 PM
Ah ok. From a conversation with nadg today I thought the dates were penned in. Maybe just dark pencil..

Chilled
18th January 2016, 11:06 AM
I'll wait until RA is confirmed.

nadg63
18th January 2016, 12:10 PM
I haven't checked with RA. I'll send them an email tomorrow

Ah ok. From a conversation with nadg today I thought the dates were penned in. Maybe just dark pencil..

I'll wait until RA is confirmed.

Contacting T re RAGC was in my to-do list for today :)

Cheers guys.

nadg63
27th January 2016, 09:43 AM
Contacting T re RAGC was in my to-do list for today :)

Cheers guys.

Not heard yet, will confirm once I know :)

marcel
27th January 2016, 04:20 PM
13th confirmed. Badger will have more details when he can reach his computer

nadg63
27th January 2016, 05:58 PM
13th confirmed. Badger will have more details when he can reach his computer

Have heard back regarding RAGC on the Sunday, the date is good BUT we will be capped at 7 groups ONLY! This mean a total participation capacity of 28 players, first tee-off being noon. In 2015 there were a few 'Sunday' only players who only wanted to play RAGC, this year that will only be an option if there are spare spots due to not enough 2-day players.

I'd suggest anyone flying out that evening not book anything earlier than 7pm!

Chilled
27th January 2016, 06:12 PM
Confirming myself as a definite for RA. I'll get onto Kooyonga shortly and organise two groups for Monday 14.

nadg63
27th January 2016, 06:40 PM
Confirming myself as a definite for RA. I'll get onto Kooyonga shortly and organise two groups for Monday 14.

Cheers.

Hatchman
28th January 2016, 07:12 PM
In for the Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon and others that may be organised.

Grunt
28th January 2016, 07:34 PM
Will be back subject to confirmed work leave approval in a few week once the annual calendar is published.

Grunt
28th January 2016, 07:35 PM
Deleted

Grunt
28th January 2016, 07:37 PM
Deleted

Lagerlover
28th January 2016, 07:51 PM
fly in mid morning friday, exit monday night.... the perfect crime

coalesce
28th January 2016, 09:46 PM
I'm in for everything

Lagerlover
28th January 2016, 09:55 PM
hee hee.

thecollective
29th January 2016, 06:29 PM
I'm in for everything

Okay I shall arrange the donkey straps....

nadg63
30th January 2016, 09:12 AM
I will get around to organising a spreadsheet for all relevant information soon.

Chilled
3rd February 2016, 01:51 PM
Ok, I've managed to secure 2 tee times for Monday 14 November, 8:26am and 8:33am. Lunch table reserved in the clubhouse for 12:30.

I would have booked another tee slot just in case but I can only get a max of seven people on, with just myself.

So I can book seven guests in. First in, best dressed.

Ferrins
3rd February 2016, 04:33 PM
No chance of attending this year, sorry gents.

jimandr
3rd February 2016, 08:32 PM
Ok, I've managed to secure 2 tee times for Monday 14 November, 8:26am and 8:33am. Lunch table reserved in the clubhouse for 12:30.

I would have booked another tee slot just in case but I can only get a max of seven people on, with just myself.

Are we playing speed golf? The group with Coalesce in it will be lucky to get around in 3.45 if he sprays it like he did last Nov. Let it be noted that our group's delay was all C's fault. Waza and I had lots and lots of putts, but we did it quickly.

Naturally, I am in. I am determined to record better than a double on 15 (or maybe just avoid the bunkers on that hole could be a worthy challenge for me).

Chilled
3rd February 2016, 08:46 PM
Are we playing speed golf?Not going to matter whether we get in at 12:30 or 1:00.....booking will still be there ; ) It's a Monday so no speed golf required.

nadg63
4th February 2016, 08:42 AM
No chance of attending this year, sorry gents.

Okay, no worries, have taken you off the list.

nadg63
4th February 2016, 08:44 AM

Cheers for that.

highballin
4th February 2016, 09:02 AM
Nadg can you put me in for all days. That may change as we get closer but at this stage that is what I am aiming for?

Cheers,
HB

Hard_Pan
4th February 2016, 02:08 PM
Just realised I haven't put my hand up for this yet. Please put me down for the Friday and the Sunday.. Love to come to the 1st round Saturday but fear we'll be having our Grades Champs on that day again.. Monday light pencil please at this stage.

nadg63
4th February 2016, 03:55 PM
Just realised I haven't put my hand up for this yet. Please put me down for the Friday and the Sunday.. Love to come to the 1st round Saturday but fear we'll be having our Grades Champs on that day again.. Monday light pencil please at this stage.

Have added you to the list H_P. You do realise that this year we are restricted to a total of 28 players for the Sunday at RAGC so anyone wanting to play just the Sunday of the two day champs is on the reserve list in case the spots are filled by two-day players!

Hard_Pan
4th February 2016, 04:26 PM
this year we are restricted to a total of 28 players for the Sunday at RAGC so anyone wanting to play just the Sunday of the two day champs is on the reserve list in case the spots are filled by two-day players! Yep, no probs Nagd. This early on I'm happy to take a step back for any one who is a cert for this. Keep me on as a 'relative' cert for Friday though! :)

nudgee
9th February 2016, 05:45 PM
Count me in for this one and Ploppy Pat as well.

May not be able to make the Monday round though.

Cheers

nadg63
9th February 2016, 06:19 PM
Count me in for this one and Ploppy Pat as well.

May not be able to make the Monday round though.

Cheers

Excellent, good to see you're both returning.

nadg63
10th February 2016, 05:46 PM
Any more interest out there?

Chris32
11th February 2016, 10:05 PM
I'm keen, will be one day over the weekend - if all the spots are filled at RA on the Sunday I'm happy to play just the one day on the Saturday

I've had one round since the champs last year and managed to break 80 - so I'll be primed and ready to fire come my next round in November [emoji2]

nadg63
15th February 2016, 03:46 PM
Courses chosen for each day should be known this week.

nadg63
17th February 2016, 03:28 PM
TC has contacted Tanunda Pines GC to try and get us a deal there for the Saturday round.

The proposal from TPGC is: green fee, comp fee, 2-course dinner, (steak/chips+dessert), all inclusive for $71 per player which isn't bad!

To get this deal they are requiring 20 entries so could people please confirm that they they intend to play the Saturday asap!

Thanks 'nadg'

Lagerlover
17th February 2016, 05:35 PM
fly in mid morning friday, exit monday night.... the perfect crime I'm up for everything fri, sat, sun and mon boys.

And I mean EVERYTHING..

wazamac
17th February 2016, 06:09 PM
I'm up for everything fri, sat, sun and mon boys.

And I mean EVERYTHING..

But I don't own a leather mask, and I haven't seen one in the ProShop:oops:

wazamac
17th February 2016, 06:15 PM
Hey Nadg,
Don't forget the prestigious honour of being a Vines member gets 50% off at TanUndies.

Lagerlover
17th February 2016, 07:06 PM
But I don't own a leather mask, and I haven't seen one in the ProShop:oops: Hahaha...The mask can be this year's thank you gift.

thecollective
17th February 2016, 07:37 PM
Waza: the green fee is $30 so has already been subsidized from rack rate of $55, comp fee $6 and dinner $35. They obviously want our business hence the deal

marcel
17th February 2016, 07:52 PM
In for Saturday

Grunt
17th February 2016, 08:35 PM
If I am in for one day I will be in for all. Should be definite by end of March.

Hatchman
17th February 2016, 11:53 PM
In case it was missed way back I'm in for all days.

Chilled
18th February 2016, 10:53 AM
In for Sat, Sun and Monday. Would have preferred a light lunch at Tanunda but that's ok.

thecollective
18th February 2016, 01:23 PM
Chilled & all: do we want a late lunch instead? We could start teeing off as early as 9:30 as most of the field are away by 9

Chilled
18th February 2016, 01:27 PM
TC, yep, that definitely works better imo.

Peppas
18th February 2016, 01:29 PM
I guess it depends if you want to be social on the Saturday night and have a group dinner or something as per other years.

Hatchman
18th February 2016, 02:38 PM
Chilled & all: do we want a late lunch instead? We could start teeing off as early as 9:30 as most of the field are away by 9

No.
Dinner with late tee off is better and some may want to fly in Saturday morning, play Sat/Sun only then fly home.

I was hoping to play Kapunda early am also and have that as an option for anyone that wants another course added to their never played list [emoji3]

Hatchman
18th February 2016, 02:39 PM
I guess it depends if you want to be social on the Saturday night and have a group dinner or something as per other years.

This too.

benno_r
18th February 2016, 02:42 PM
No.
Dinner with late tee off is better and some may want to fly in Saturday morning, play Sat/Sun only then fly home.

I was hoping to play Kapunda early am also and have that as an option for anyone that wants another course added to their never played list [emoji3]

Gunna be tough since the previous day will be south side and most will be likely to be in the city.

Hatchman
18th February 2016, 02:48 PM
The two courses are only 20-30min drive apart with Kapunda roughly an 1hr from the city.
It's just an option. Easy to get round K in 3 1/2hrs too.

benno_r
18th February 2016, 02:53 PM
The two courses are only 20-30min drive apart with Kapunda roughly an 1hr from the city.
It's just an option. Easy to get round K in 3 1/2hrs too.

I guess what I am getting at Hatchy, is can you install some kind of Autobahn between The Vines, the City, and Tanunda/Kapunda, before November?

Thanks pal!

Peppas
18th February 2016, 03:42 PM
If I come I'll do the 36 hole saturday :)

nadg63
18th February 2016, 03:50 PM
The thinking behind the golf then dinner plan was that everyone would be in the same place so we could make it a social thing, having a drink, dinner and a chatter etc. Would save rushing back to the city/home etc. and having to head out again. so from my point of view, as per Hatchy, noonish tee off followed by dinner is the go.

HOW MANY would be interested in staying back for dinner? If we do not get the numbers required then it's a non starter anyway.

thecollective
18th February 2016, 04:05 PM
Ok let's stick with the original plan. Tanunda do put on a good feed

Peppas
18th February 2016, 04:13 PM
Can you request some kitcheners for dessert if I'm there?

Great thanks. Though I know where the 24hr bakery is in North Adelaide now...

nadg63
19th February 2016, 08:37 AM
Spreadsheet coming, please check the details on it are correct please when it appears!

Steve57
19th February 2016, 11:08 AM
Pencil me in for Friday, Saturday and Sunday golf at this stage please.

Lagerlover
19th February 2016, 11:11 AM
Pencil me in for Friday, Saturday and Sunday golf at this stage please. Good man

Lagerlover
19th February 2016, 11:14 AM
Nadge.
Is the green "Y" for my monday round a good thing?

wazamac
19th February 2016, 11:26 AM
It's because your special!

Lagerlover
19th February 2016, 11:32 AM
Looking at flight times and baggage allowance.
I will need you to confirm Monday's post match presentation times, and dimensions and weight of my awards please.

nadg63
19th February 2016, 11:43 AM
Nadge.
Is the green "Y" for my monday round a good thing?

It's because Excel was giving me a hard time trying to change it! But you ARE special!

Lagerlover
19th February 2016, 11:51 AM
Looking at the numbers I may be jumping ship to the interstaters this year?

No biggie, you blokes gave me nothing last year..

nadg63
19th February 2016, 11:57 AM

Possible! Depends on acquiring more entries BUT have currently flicked Highballin over to the 'Interstaters' this year - SPLITTER!

coalesce
19th February 2016, 12:36 PM
Can I play for the Judean People's Front?

nadg63
19th February 2016, 12:40 PM

Haha, was wondering who would run with it :D

Hatchman
19th February 2016, 03:28 PM

I respect your right to be a woman :razz:

Peppas
19th February 2016, 03:31 PM
So if it was proposed 36 holes at Grange on Thursday, what would be people's thoughts on this?

Hatchman
19th February 2016, 03:32 PM
So if it was proposed 36 holes at Grange on Thursday, what would be people's thoughts on this?

Have fun.

Peppas
19th February 2016, 03:33 PM
Have fun.

Why do you have to be so negative all the time? :)

Hatchman
19th February 2016, 03:48 PM
Why do you have to be so negative all the time? :)

I thought I was being positive :neutral:. Fun is a positive word :)
I blame my job :mad:

Peppas
19th February 2016, 03:48 PM
I thought I was being positive :neutral:. Fun is a positive word :)
I blame my job :mad:

You need more hugs, bro.

Hatchman
19th February 2016, 04:14 PM
You need more hugs, bro.

That could be it. NSW champs is a long wait to get one :)

wazamac
19th February 2016, 04:31 PM

I gave my all cap'tn. She's got no more to give!

Lagerlover
19th February 2016, 04:50 PM
I gave my all cap'tn. She's got no more to give! I know you did mate. I would've given you my Captain's pick, but then everyone would've wanted one.

Hatchman
19th February 2016, 04:56 PM
Re:Grange.
I have a worker who's a recent Grange member that may be able to help out but numbers would be very limited to get the $66 members rate.
He thinks hes only allowed 3 and not sure if he can get any on his sons membership. He will check it out and confirm.
Could be a possibilities of getting him and son for more numbers for the weekend too.

Peppas
19th February 2016, 05:03 PM
Does he want to do 36 hole Thursday with me?

Grunt
19th February 2016, 05:27 PM
Ok where are the interstaters going base themselves for this? I need to do some research on venues and good accom deals

Looking at either Fri-Sun or Fri-Mon at this stage.

Hatchman
19th February 2016, 05:31 PM
Does he want to do 36 hole Thursday with me?

We can work that out down the track when we know exactly how many guests he can have.

It's my Shift on arvo's that week so any leave required for Mick will be approved no problems.

Lagerlover
19th February 2016, 05:34 PM
Ok where are the interstaters going base themselves for this? Hatchy's aviary.

Peppas
19th February 2016, 05:37 PM
We can work that out down the track when we know exactly how many guests he can have.

It's my Shift on arvo's that week so any leave required for Mick will be approved no problems.

I don't mind price that much I am just keen to do both courses if I make it down.

coalesce
19th February 2016, 06:21 PM
If it's anything like Glenelg last year we will get members rates for group 1 and visitors rates for group 2. It does bring the price down. Last year they didn't discount the morning round at all so this would help. They did discount the afternoon

Peppas
19th February 2016, 06:39 PM
How awesome was 36 holes in 1 day though hey!!

I almost missed my flight too!

Hatchman
19th February 2016, 06:43 PM
Hatchy's aviary.

That could work.
I should have the 3rd 3bay up in about 2 months.

marcel
19th February 2016, 07:21 PM
Hoping to play Friday, put me down and I'll confirm when you need definite numbers

nadg63
19th February 2016, 08:23 PM
I don't mind price that much I am just keen to do both courses if I make it down.

"if I make it down" - does this mean you're just a 'maybe' rather than a definite Peppas?

Hoping to play Friday, put me down and I'll confirm when you need definite numbers

Done :)

Peppas
19th February 2016, 08:26 PM
"if I make it down" - does this mean you're just a 'maybe' rather than a definite Peppas?

Probably more a probable at this stage

peter_rs
20th February 2016, 03:05 PM
Is there another easy option for a Monday round

nadg63
20th February 2016, 03:27 PM
Is there another easy option for a Monday round

As a second round for the day do you mean?

benno_r
20th February 2016, 03:37 PM
As a second round for the day do you mean?

Nah, as in "Monday's already full".

nadg63
20th February 2016, 03:45 PM
Nah, as in "Monday's already full".

I believe that local guys that have their name down for the Monday would step aside for interstate players wishing to take part - are you showing up Benno?

wazamac
20th February 2016, 05:10 PM
Certainly be happy to step aside if required. Maybe another option for the Monday for the people who can't play would be LLB?

Hatchman
20th February 2016, 05:36 PM
I believe that local guys that have their name down for the Monday would step aside for interstate players wishing to take part - are you showing up Benno?

I too am happy to give up my Kooyey spot so a visitor can play a great course.

Chilled
20th February 2016, 05:45 PM
If there is more spots needed for Kooey on the Monday I can ask for another tee time....

benno_r
20th February 2016, 05:55 PM
Dont ask on my account lads, still very up in the air. Most likely fri to sun for me if i make it.

Peppas
20th February 2016, 09:14 PM
I'm happy to give up my spot for Kooey if need be seeing as I played it last year. I'd have to decide before flights got booked though, or I guess I could just wander around Adelaide on Monday trying different kitcheners....

peter_rs
20th February 2016, 09:40 PM

I'm only very light pencil until after may

nadg63
20th February 2016, 10:57 PM
Dont ask on my account lads, still very up in the air. Most likely fri to sun for me if i make it.

I'm only very light pencil until after may

I'll put you in as '?'

nadg63
23rd February 2016, 07:15 PM
Apart from the Thursday, (which Coalesce is working on), courses for the SA Champs are as follows:

Friday - The Vines of Reynella for The Kitchener Cup. Looking at a tee-off from 12.30-1pm, (this will give people flying in that day plenty of time to get there as it is only approx. 40mins from the airport), we can then have drinks and dinner in the clubhouse afterwards. NOTE will need to book tables.

Saturday - Tanunda Pines GC for round 1 of The Champs, (again dinner/drinks can be had afterwards)

Sunday - RAGC for round 2 of The Champs

Monday - Kooyonga GC

Lagerlover
23rd February 2016, 08:08 PM
Noice.

might join fancy pants at kapunda on the saturday morning..

thecollective
23rd February 2016, 08:37 PM
Thanks Nadg I will lock Tanunda in

peter_rs
24th February 2016, 07:31 AM
I'm looking firmer for this after a meeting with hr yesterday.

I will have to start looking at details

mrbluu
24th February 2016, 08:06 AM
I'm looking firmer for this after a meeting with hr yesterday.

I will have to start looking at details
Must of been a really frustrating meeting if u are firmer after the meeting [emoji12]

benno_r
24th February 2016, 11:38 AM
Nadg, 99% sure I won't be getting any extra time off in November, so I will withdraw for now.

If things change I will add myself back in.

Peppas
24th February 2016, 11:50 AM

wazamac
24th February 2016, 12:08 PM
Nadg, 99% sure I won't be getting any extra time off in November, so I will withdraw for now.

But who is going to take Peps on his midnight Kitchener fetish?

Peppas
24th February 2016, 12:20 PM
But who is going to take Peps on his midnight Kitchener fetish?

I know right....

peter_rs
24th February 2016, 12:23 PM
Must of been a really frustrating meeting if u are firmer after the meeting [emoji12]

I have been told by company it is halving the amount of leave you can bank and I'm in excess so I have to use it or pay it out.

Among other things

nadg63
24th February 2016, 02:23 PM

Okay.

thecollective
24th February 2016, 09:30 PM
Just having a look at the spreadsheet we need more numbers for Saturday,

Chris, Wenz, Hardpan can I do a 'call to arms'?

TC

Peppas
24th February 2016, 09:36 PM
I'm waiting for the Thursday course to be confirmed beforei confirm.

nadg63
24th February 2016, 10:00 PM

Thought you were in discussions with Coalesce on that front?

Hatchman
24th February 2016, 10:02 PM
Just having a look at the spreadsheet we need more numbers for Saturday,

Chris, Wenz, Hardpan can I do a 'call to arms'?

TC

I'm sure I can get some extras to make up the numbers if needed TC.

I'll give Mick the dates at work next week on arvos and see if I can get him and his lad to play and we'll get onto Grange I he's a yes.

nadg63
24th February 2016, 10:09 PM
I'm sure I can get some extras to make up the numbers if needed TC.

I'll give Mick the dates at work next week on arvos and see if I can get him and his lad to play and we'll get onto Grange I he's a yes.

Thanks HM :)

Peppas
24th February 2016, 10:41 PM

Yeah he said something about next week and crying. I can't remember.

I told him to goto North Adelaide, get an AB, and then hit the 24hr North Adelaide bakery and get a kitchener.

He never replied. So I am hoping he is in sugar coma.

wazamac
25th February 2016, 07:37 AM
He probably never made it out of Melbourne alive after the Victory lost!

coalesce
25th February 2016, 09:17 AM

I'll defer any investigations on Thursday until Hatchy has any information about Grange. Based on last year's enquiries that will be our best option to get on there.

Yeah he said something about next week and crying. I can't remember.

I told him to goto North Adelaide, get an AB, and then hit the 24hr North Adelaide bakery and get a kitchener.

He never replied. So I am hoping he is in sugar coma.

Snowed under at work at the moment.

He probably never made it out of Melbourne alive after the Victory lost!

The Melbourne Victory fans strangely disappeared after their team was pwned.

Peppas
25th February 2016, 10:54 AM
I'll defer any investigations on Thursday until Hatchy has any information about Grange. Based on last year's enquiries that will be our best option to get on there.

Snowed under at work at the moment.

The Melbourne Victory fans strangely disappeared after their team was pwned.

So reading that... you've just been crying alot about 36ers and Randle. Makes sense :)

nadg63
1st March 2016, 03:50 PM
Just working on costs per person here, be listed in the Opening Post soon.

Peppas
1st March 2016, 03:51 PM
Will you factor in costs of victory kitcheners this time?

Can you buy an extra one for me? :P

benno_r
1st March 2016, 03:53 PM

So 1?

nadg63
1st March 2016, 03:54 PM

:)

I supplied them last year - for The Kitchener Cup anyway!

wazamac
1st March 2016, 06:06 PM
Wouldn't it be funny if we are at dinner on the Friday at the Vines and they draw out one of us for the Jackpot Draw.

Hatchman
1st March 2016, 08:55 PM
Wouldn't it be funny if we are at dinner on the Friday at the Vines and they draw out one of us for the Jackpot Draw.

Will be cheap night for all of us :)

nadg63
3rd March 2016, 11:25 AM
Working on information received the costs per player are now listed in the OP. Again, this covers the green fees for the Friday, Saturday and Sunday, plus the Comp fee and dinner on the Saturday at TPGC. Dinner on the Friday at The Vines will need to be paid by the individual on the night.

$50 deposit required by June 30th 2016 - thanks.

Chilled
9th March 2016, 05:04 PM
After months of searching and following many leads I finally found the 2014 "Champ".

3Puttpete
9th March 2016, 06:03 PM
Enjoying the half way house at kooyonga

wazamac
9th March 2016, 06:14 PM
Looked more like Lager after Saturday night to me. All that is missing is the Hungry Jacks bag.:D

Chilled
9th March 2016, 06:20 PM
They don't serve drunks. I'm surprised you were let in through the gates.

Lagerlover
9th March 2016, 06:57 PM
Looked more like Lager after Saturday night to me. All that is missing is the Hungry Jacks bag.:D Even I was thinking the same

Lagerlover
9th March 2016, 07:26 PM
They don't serve drunks. I'm surprised you were let in through the gates.

Not to mention his gambling...

3Puttpete
9th March 2016, 07:31 PM
Not to mention his gambling...

I knew you were gonna say that.

Had $10 on it

Chilled
10th March 2016, 09:16 AM
Not to mention his gambling...He gambled on life, and lost.

Peppas
11th March 2016, 09:25 AM
Some cheapish flights via virgin at the moment... Any word on the Thurs round?

Also if I booked a flight out at 3pm on Monday, would that be enough time?

nadg63
11th March 2016, 09:44 AM
Some cheapish flights via virgin at the moment... Any word on the Thurs round?

Also if I booked a flight out at 3pm on Monday, would that be enough time?

1 - PM Hatchman!

2 - Should be but best to PM Chilled!

thecollective
13th March 2016, 05:51 PM
Book flights for Thursday Peppas we will sort out the round guaranteed, you have my word

Chilled
13th March 2016, 06:37 PM
3pm leave should be plenty of time Peppas, monday round should be pretty quick. Will you have all your gear with you to go straight to the airport after the game? As you probably already know from last year Kooey is literally 2 minutes away from the airport.

Peppas
15th March 2016, 07:43 PM
Sorry guys. Looks like it is somewhat lucky I didn't book flights, turns out I have a wedding to goto in Sydney that weekend. ****!

mrbluu
15th March 2016, 08:00 PM
Sorry guys. Looks like it is somewhat lucky I didn't book flights, turns out I have a wedding to goto in Sydney that weekend. ****!

Congrats Peppas!!!

coalesce
15th March 2016, 08:58 PM

Looks like we'll be after a federal bailout for the state's bakeries now

nadg63
15th March 2016, 09:23 PM

So I can definitely remove your name from the list Peps!?

wazamac
15th March 2016, 10:10 PM
Sorry guys. Looks like it is somewhat lucky I didn't book flights, turns out I have a wedding to goto in Sydney that weekend. ****! That's the same excuse as QLD Champs. Booooooo

Peppas
15th March 2016, 10:12 PM
So I can definitely remove your name from the list Peps!?

At this stage sadly I am definitely out.

Unless the wedding gets canned or I get disowned from my family and thus no longer have to attend said wedding.

**** and I was getting psyched for schnit and kitchener as you could probably tell... It's only been 4months since my last kitchener and no amount of cake has made up for it, yet...

Peppas
15th March 2016, 10:13 PM
That's the same excuse as QLD Champs. Booooooo

Yeah and these will probably be the only 2 weddings I get invited to all year...

3Puttpete
15th March 2016, 10:22 PM
Yeah and these will probably be the only 2 weddings I get invited to all year...

You can decline the invitation

Peppas
15th March 2016, 10:27 PM
You can decline the invitation

Unfortunately not for this part of the family.

Hatchman
15th March 2016, 10:59 PM
I dont understand why they never cleared wedding plans with your golf calendar. How inconsiderate :razz:

nadg63
23rd March 2016, 05:14 PM
At this stage sadly I am definitely out.

Unless the wedding gets canned or I get disowned from my family and thus no longer have to attend said wedding.

**** and I was getting psyched for schnit and kitchener as you could probably tell... It's only been 4months since my last kitchener and no amount of cake has made up for it, yet...

Have now removed you from the list Peps, if things should change just let me know :)

Lagerlover
23rd March 2016, 05:45 PM
Quick update of the KC teams please Nadge..

wanting to know if I join the rest of straylia team, or stick with you losers and win on forfeit.

nadg63
23rd March 2016, 06:03 PM
Quick update of the KC teams please Nadge..

wanting to know if I join the rest of straylia team, or stick with you losers and win on forfeit.

Looking at the OP you'll be with the 'Away Team' this year - free transfer ;)

At the moment there are 5 listed for the interstate team, (including yourself and Highballin - another fence jumper!), but still not sure as to what Grunt etc are doing!?

peter_rs
23rd March 2016, 06:03 PM
I'm in dark pencil leave form is in

Lagerlover
23rd March 2016, 06:08 PM
Looking at the OP you'll be with the 'Away Team' this year - free transfer ;) Fairly quick response. .. just sayin

nadg63
23rd March 2016, 06:09 PM
I'm in dark pencil leave form is in

Cheers for that.

Grunt
23rd March 2016, 08:58 PM
Hopefully will know my definite in or out by the recent June 30 deadline for deposits. I am hoping to tie it all up well before then though.

Steve57
23rd March 2016, 09:14 PM
Hopefully will know my definite in or out by the recent June 30 deadline for deposits. I am hoping to tie it all up well before then though.
Ditto for me too!

nadg63
23rd March 2016, 09:45 PM

Ditto for me too!

Cheers guys.

nadg63
21st April 2016, 04:02 PM
Any updates from the 'maybes'? (just trying to keep track here :) )

peter_rs
21st April 2016, 07:02 PM
I wish leave is on hold

Steve57
24th April 2016, 08:44 PM
Any updates from the 'maybes'? (just trying to keep track here :) )
I'm out of this unfortunately.��

nadg63
25th April 2016, 09:56 AM
I'm out of this unfortunately.��

Thanks for the update, next time.

SundayHack
6th May 2016, 07:24 PM
Heavy pencil. About time Frank went wino.

benno_r
6th May 2016, 07:27 PM
Heavy pencil. About time Frank went wino.

hahaha, oh dear...

Grunt
6th May 2016, 07:46 PM
Only a maybe due to the potential job change. As soon as i can confirm I will.

Lagerlover
7th May 2016, 07:29 AM
I am out for this now chumps.

Needing to save for something else.

Apologies.

nadg63
7th May 2016, 02:47 PM
I am out for this now chumps.

Needing to save for something else.

Apologies.

And another one bites the dust - The Kitchener Cup looks like a non-starter!

Interstate guys that ARE intent on coming is now looking like 3, possibly 5 at most!? Might have to re-visit the plans for the Saturday TC!

jimandr
7th May 2016, 03:38 PM
And another one bites the dust - The Kitchener Cup looks like a non-starter!

Don't cancel the post-round Kitchener's though.

There are still six months before the event. We might still come good.

wazamac
7th May 2016, 03:42 PM
Couple of the guys at QLD were interested

jimandr
8th May 2016, 04:06 PM
Couple of the guys at QLD were interested

Was that before they saw your standard of play and standard of conduct on the course, or after?

Peppas
8th May 2016, 04:09 PM
was that before they saw your standard of play and standard of conduct on the course, or after?

ooooooohhhhhhhhhhh

Chilled
9th May 2016, 08:28 AM
Well with Lager pulling out you're all good now for monday at Kooey, peter_rs :)

nadg63
25th May 2016, 07:26 PM
Will be sending out PM's re payment details next week as $50 deposit, (or more if you like), is due in by the end of June! (as per OP)

Grunt
25th May 2016, 08:23 PM
Definite no now :( Dont want to push the new job for leave too early.

thecollective
25th May 2016, 08:30 PM
Definite no now :( Dont want to push the new job for leave too early.

sorry to hear Grunt

Wenz
4th June 2016, 08:11 AM
I'm a definite no for this year.
Apologies.

nadg63
4th June 2016, 11:30 AM
Peter_rs: your PM inbox is full! Was checking in as to whether you can yet confirm if you are attending!?

peter_rs
4th June 2016, 04:53 PM
Inbox open

I will be confirming near the 30th.

Trying to confirm my calendar

nadg63
7th June 2016, 05:10 PM
Have sent PMs out to attendees re bank details to pay the deposit, if you do not receive the message let me know please.

marcel
7th June 2016, 10:28 PM
Have sent PMs out to attendees re bank details to pay the deposit, if you do not receive the message let me know please.
What if I have you on ignore and can't see this post?

coalesce
8th June 2016, 07:37 AM

Fixed (unless you have me on ignore)

nadg63
8th June 2016, 11:00 AM

I know where to look for you ;)

wazamac
8th June 2016, 12:16 PM
And why haven't you got your name down to play Nadj?
Surely you will be right to play by November. I need someone to compete with for the NAGA.

By the way, still unsure on the Monday. Leaning further towards the "No" side everyday.

nadg63
8th June 2016, 01:59 PM
And why haven't you got your name down to play Nadj?
Surely you will be right to play by November. I need someone to compete with for the NAGA.

By the way, still unsure on the Monday. Leaning further towards the "No" side everyday.

At the current rate of recovery that is not a given Waz :(

Hard_Pan
8th June 2016, 03:47 PM
At the current rate of recovery that is not a given Waz :( Sorry to hear that. I guess there's no hard and fast timetable for these sorts of things but, c'mon! Been a member here for over a year mate. Gotta have a round with you sooner or later!! :)

nadg63
8th June 2016, 04:47 PM
Sorry to hear that. I guess there's no hard and fast timetable for these sorts of things but, c'mon! Been a member here for over a year mate. Gotta have a round with you sooner or later!! :)

The delay is more to do with all my previous Ops on it causing problems with the recovery from this one.

To be totally honest, I'm not missing the whole golf thing at all - might have a big sale!

wazamac
8th June 2016, 05:19 PM
Dibs:d

Peppas
8th June 2016, 05:25 PM
Whats for sale?

If I buy something can you send it down with a box of kitcheners?

wazamac
8th June 2016, 06:19 PM
Can't purchase if your not coming! Conditions of Sale.

nadg63
8th June 2016, 06:26 PM
Can't purchase if your not coming! Conditions of Sale. Nothing new/shiny enough for Peps anyway!

marcel
8th June 2016, 09:52 PM
I know where to look for you ;)

ok, I'm convinced. I'll drop $50 down a badger hole tomorrow.

nadg63
9th June 2016, 01:19 PM
ok, I'm convinced. I'll drop $50 down a badger hole tomorrow.

Haha, and a badger hole is a Sett ;) :)

nadg63
16th June 2016, 02:32 PM
Half way through the month and so far I have heard from 3 people and received 3 deposits! Hopefully I hear from more of you in the next two weeks, failing that I WILL be cancelling.

Chilled
17th June 2016, 09:52 AM
failing that I WILL be cancelling.Then I'll organise one :D

Hatchman
17th June 2016, 05:43 PM
Transferred a pineapple today.

nadg63
19th June 2016, 03:12 PM
Transferred a pineapple today.

Pineapple received :)

jimandr
26th June 2016, 09:30 PM
Payment made.

Now that I am in, I'll start asking a few Peppas-style questions to regenerate some discussion points.

Firstly, is a Thursday game likely to take place? As I haven't booked accomm or flights yet, I can do a Thursday game if there is one at an attractive location.

Secondly, what about the Cup? With a meagre interstate contingent, maybe the matchplay format won't work. Are we locked in at The Vines? Will people still play if the format changes to something else related to two player teams?

At the moment I have no questions regarding Saturday and Sunday.

I'm still a starter for Monday at Kooyonga, as well.

Hatchman
26th June 2016, 10:59 PM
I'm in for staying put at The Vines no matter format we play.

As for Thursday, nothing is set in pen for that and that was with me to arrange. Grange is a slim possibility but I think the member from my work can only have 2 guests. It becomes over priced at full rate to be honest. Blackwood, Flagstaff Hill, maybe Tea Tree Gully or even Barosa Valley are all worthy of playing. I have the day off already so if anyone wants to come over early I'll be up for a game.

coalesce
26th June 2016, 11:52 PM
I'm happy to drop out of grange if it makes it work for others

Chilled
27th June 2016, 08:00 AM
Payment made.

wazamac
27th June 2016, 08:26 AM
Kitchener Cup could be changed to the same format as we played up at the QLD Champs being a multiplier stab with partners.
This is the only way I can think we can keep it running.
Will transfer money today Nadj.

nadg63
27th June 2016, 06:27 PM
Payment made.

Now that I am in, I'll start asking a few Peppas-style questions to regenerate some discussion points.

Firstly, is a Thursday game likely to take place? As I haven't booked accomm or flights yet, I can do a Thursday game if there is one at an attractive location.

Secondly, what about the Cup? With a meagre interstate contingent, maybe the matchplay format won't work. Are we locked in at The Vines? Will people still play if the format changes to something else related to two player teams?

At the moment I have no questions regarding Saturday and Sunday.

I'm still a starter for Monday at Kooyonga, as well.

As for Thursday, nothing is set in pen for that and that was with me to arrange. Grange is a slim possibility but I think the member from my work can only have 2 guests. It becomes over priced at full rate to be honest. Blackwood, Flagstaff Hill, maybe Tea Tree Gully or even Barosa Valley are all worthy of playing. I have the day off already so if anyone wants to come over early I'll be up for a game.

Will keep Fridays venue as The Vines, conveniently located, can get dinner afterwards, as for the format we can work that out in the coming weeks - Jimandr versus the rest! :) Will let you know when the funds appear.

Payment made.

Cheers, will look out for it.

Kitchener Cup could be changed to the same format as we played up at the QLD Champs being a multiplier stab with partners.
This is the only way I can think we can keep it running.
Will transfer money today Nadj.

Will let you know when it appears.

thecollective
28th June 2016, 01:46 PM
deposit paid

highballin
28th June 2016, 03:58 PM
Sorry Guys going to have to give it a miss this year. Hopefully be back in 2017

wazamac
28th June 2016, 04:21 PM
BOO! HISS!
and is it congrats on getting a job?

wazamac
28th June 2016, 04:22 PM
Hey Nadj,

Just looking back through( about page 7) and Sundayhack is a dark pencil for this but not on the list.

highballin
28th June 2016, 05:27 PM
BOO! HISS!
and is it congrats on getting a job?

No job that's the problem :lol:

nadg63
28th June 2016, 06:42 PM
Hey Nadj,

Just looking back through( about page 7) and Sundayhack is a dark pencil for this but not on the list.

Have sent out PM's but have heard nothing!? Same goes for Nudgee and Ploppy Pat.

Funds received today Jimandr & Chilled​, thanks.

jimandr
28th June 2016, 08:45 PM

Hatch,

Any of the courses named are fine by me. My preference is for a comp game, as I may need to do some last minute handicap farming, but it isn't essential. Using long foresight, if you wish to do a visit somewhere to check its suitability as a future Saturday venue, this might be a chance to do it. The Grange can wait for a future year.

Regarding the Friday format, we should do something different to the other states. Perhaps something suitable for three or four person teams like an Irish Fourball or a split six of our own design. And Kitcheners as a first place bonus prize is essential.

wazamac
29th June 2016, 10:12 AM
Either way, we are needing to get away from the SA vs Interstate thing because we are getting more SA guys on the site and less people are coming across.

benno_r
29th June 2016, 10:22 AM
Either way, we are needing to get away from the SA vs Interstate thing because we are getting more SA guys on the site and less people are coming across.
So Jim vs everyone else not a good idea?

wazamac
29th June 2016, 10:45 AM
Only way we will get the buns!:D

thecollective
29th June 2016, 02:43 PM
Hatch,

Any of the courses named are fine by me.

Regarding the Friday format, we should do something different to the other states. Perhaps something suitable for three or four person teams like an Irish Fourball or a split six of our own design. And Kitcheners as a first place bonus prize is essential.

Hi Jim - I agree with the above

- Blackwood is a very good golf course and that time of year it will be in superb condition; plus it is very affordable; definitely a good option for the Thursday plus they love to host visitors

- A teams format on the Friday is the way to go; personally I do not like hcp matchplay so it will suit me better

benno_r
29th June 2016, 02:51 PM
Only way we will get the buns!:D
I dont know about that. I have seen most if you guys play, and Jim's pretty handy! [emoji3]

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

nadg63
29th June 2016, 05:19 PM
Funds received today from Waza and TC.