Jarro
1st May 2006, 04:57 PM
played Pacific with the lads today.

36 points ... 84 off the stick.

9 fairways.
3 G.I.R's :oops:
4/10 up and downs
30 putts

left a few putts out there today, but hit the driver pretty well.

Moe Norman
1st May 2006, 06:24 PM
36 Points - not sure what I had off the stick due to two wipes.

10 Fairways
13 GIR
4 three jabs including one for a Par :(
Not sure how many putts due to the pickups but plenty....

14 Points on the back (our first)
22 on the Front (our second)

dc68
2nd May 2006, 07:21 AM
Also played Pacific

37pts
76 off the stick
6 f/w
9 Gir
30 putts including a 3 jab on the 9th from about 10ft in front of the peanut gallery:oops: .

Jarro
2nd May 2006, 07:26 AM
30 putts including a 3 jab on the 9th from about 10ft in front of the peanut gallery:oops: .

totally acceptable if Blake is in the crowd.

that guy is a serial pest.

Jono
2nd May 2006, 07:39 AM
36 Points - not sure what I had off the stick due to two wipes.

10 Fairways
13 GIR
4 three jabs including one for a Par :(
Not sure how many putts due to the pickups but plenty....

14 Points on the back (our first)
22 on the Front (our second)

Judging by your score and GIR, you would have had about 38 putts ...

I don't know whether this is a good thing for you or not, but I read somewhere that 13-14 GIR is about PGA TOUR level. 8)

amanda
3rd May 2006, 02:34 PM
Played in the 2nd round of the WGNSW medal at my club today (best 3 scores of 6 stroke events). Shot 96/75 for best score of the day :)

However - it wasn't always looking so rosy - I shot +18 for the first 9 holes :oops: and then a fantastic +5 for the back 9 :-D

BrisWesty
3rd May 2006, 04:18 PM
Nice comeback Amanda.
ISG has a thread on biggest difference between 9s (but you're nowhere near winning). Thommo & I have gone pretty well on there though, but we're still well & truly shaded!

BrisWesty
5th May 2006, 06:46 PM
Not a comp game today. Had an 86 (15 over) (incl 4 lost balls) at Caboolture today. Played first 5 (1 over) and last 5 holes (3 over) very well, less said about the middle 9 holes the better.
Down to 13.3hcp now.

Had to pull out of monthly medal tomorrow. Mrs BW is up the coast running a scrapbooking camp and I couldn't get a babysitter. My name was down in the same foursome as the club pro, so I was looking forward to that.

jimandr
6th May 2006, 05:57 PM
A very emotional game today at Macarthur Grange with Grunt, Connico and Virgil Tracy. Either tears of joy or tears of frustration in my 32 points.

However, the big news is a personal best on the 7th. First time in 35 years odd of golf that I recorded an eagle by hitting the green in two and holing the putt. To advise how significant this is: I think I've had 5 previous eagles, they have all been chip-ins or (once) hole out from the fairway. I doubt if I've hit more than 20 par 5's in two in my entire life.

I also hit a 4 iron to one foot on 17 for a tap in birdie, but also 5 three-putt greens, and three other misses under 4 feet.

Fairways = 5 of 12
Greens in Reg = 9 of 18
Putts = 36, one eagle, one birdie, five thee-putts.
Up and Down = 2 of 6
Sand Saves = 0 of 2
2 penalty shots.

Grunt
6th May 2006, 06:14 PM
Mac Grange 6/5 - 30 points

Hit my 2 best shots on the first to give myself a birdie & it went downhill from there. Played really eratically, short game was crap. Actually could have been way better if I can get some consistency in my short game. Would be great to blame the short game but if the approach shot did not miss the green so often then the short game would not to be as good as it is required to be at the moment. Drove the ball ok early and I think if I had not chipped so badly I would be in a better mood on the tee and hit better tee shots.

Davemason
6th May 2006, 06:27 PM
Played in our monthly metal had a net 72 but could have been a lot better To many three putts on the day :oops:
And my way ward driving on the last couple of holes

BrisWesty
6th May 2006, 07:19 PM
Played monthly medal today at Caboolture with 6 & 5 year olds in tow. Mrs BW was away, couldn't get a babysitter, went out to put my name in for next week, found out they had a spare cart, asked the girls "would you like to play golf with daddy today and go in a cart?"
"Yeaaaahh!"

Loaded up the cart with lots of water, sandwiches, rice biscuits, apples etc.

They had a ball. Replacing divots, raking bunkers, finding balls (some of which actually weren't in play), getting my ball out of the cup, running with the cart, helping me steer, marking the card (Isabelle knows her numbers). They only muttered a couple of times in my backswing.

Considering that was their first time to do 18 holes they were fantastic. My playing partners were really good about it too. They already want to go again. I might save that one up for when Mrs BW is in South Africa the next time (Sept/Oct) (or should I bring them along to the Ozgolf Champs?). They're already asleep before their normal bedtime. Absolutely knackered, the little darlings.

As for the golf, 90 (net 77), 6 fairways, 6 GIR, 35 putts. Nothing to write home about. I think I was treading on eggshells making sure the girls were behaving themselves. Triple bogey on the third last hole (7th), and a bogey on the last (9th) after losing a ball out of nowhere, that just refused to be found.

The start of second generation BrisWesty golfers perhaps?

Moe Norman
6th May 2006, 07:24 PM
2 ball ambrose event at Brisbane Golf Club. Me and my partner (off 13) shot 65 Gross for a 60 Net and won the day easily!

As I suspected, I'm a good ambrose partner as I just putt first all day to give my partner a read and then they hole it. If it wasn't for a rediculous double bogey on 13 it could have been so much better.

Both finding water off the tee in a 2 ball ambrose isn't reccomended!

Jarro
7th May 2006, 02:39 PM
Nudgee South (par 70)... 77 off the stick.

5 Fwys
9 G.I.R's
33 putts.

hit the ball OK today, ironplay was a lot better than at pacific on monday.

Eag's
7th May 2006, 03:37 PM
Nudgee South (par 70)... 77 off the stick.

5 Fwys
9 G.I.R's
33 putts.

hit the ball OK today, ironplay was a lot better than at pacific on monday.

Nice shooting Mark :smt023

Jarro
7th May 2006, 03:47 PM
thanks Richard 8)

I think it was the company ;)

BrisVegas
7th May 2006, 07:12 PM
Played St Lucia today at 5:55am with some old mates of mine from school. We played from the "tips" and had a good day once the same came out. The first two holes were a bit of a hit and hope in the dark.

Had 79 with a heap of Up & Downs. Struggling with the irons still. Hitting everything too high and short.

Jono
7th May 2006, 07:43 PM
Played St Lucia today at 5:55am with some old mates of mine from school. We played from the "tips" and had a good day once the same came out. The first two holes were a bit of a hit and hope in the dark.

Had 79 with a heap of Up & Downs. Struggling with the irons still. Hitting everything too high and short.

5:55 !!!! :shock: That's dedication ... 8)

Have you viewed the "Confessions of a former flipper" DVD yet? That and watching the Gary Edwin video has helped me hit down with the irons more and get a more boring trajectory ... well, sometimes anyway ... :lol:

goughy
7th May 2006, 08:02 PM
Geeze jono, don't you know anything about serious golf.

In woomba, a social golfer can forget about getting onto a course before 3pm saturdays and about 1pm sundays. When my BIL and I would play, we'd tee off before the morning comp. But wanting to play 18 holes, we'd have to be teeing off the second nine at least half an hour before the comp or we'd be asked to leave.

It was nothing to be standing on the 1st and 4.15am (summer of course) waiting for just the slightest hint of light to tee off in.

When jaster and I were playing before work a lot (about 1.5 years now) I think we've done this too. 18 holes and at work by 8am. It was nothing for us to be at the course by 5.30am 2, maybe 3 mornings a week. And I'd be getting to work about 7am. Bugger if we weren't tired by the time night hit tho.

Good to see the dedication Vegas. Nothing like teeing up, hitting, and feeling like you hit a slice so walking down the right of the fairway.

BrisVegas
7th May 2006, 08:13 PM
Good to see the dedication Vegas. Nothing like teeing up, hitting, and feeling like you hit a slice so walking down the right of the fairway.

What the?? At that time of the morning, in the cold.... Nothing but tight draws man... Gotta losen up a bit before hitting fades! :smt002

goughy
7th May 2006, 08:15 PM
Didn't say fade!!

senecio
10th May 2006, 08:25 PM
Bit of belated post, but I need to get my share my Saturday round out of the system.

Specifics first:

5 over 76 for a nett 68 in a monthly medal. :-D

Now you think I'd be happy with that, please read on.

3-put double bogey on the 1st, followed by 7 straight regulation pars. Hit my first pull-hook of the 9th tee for my second double and finish the front nine at 4 over. Not too bad I thought.

Start the back nine with 3 pars, before hitting my first push-slice off the 13th tee OOB. Smacked the next drive down the middle and hit 6 iron to 15 feet and sank the put for a nice bogey 5 after playing 3 from the tee.

Made par on 14 and followed it with two birdies and a par on 17. Standing on the 18th I'm sitting on 3 over before hitting my second pull-hook drive of the day and and go on to record another double bogey.#-o

5-over with 3 doubles.

This is one frustrating game we choose to play. :x

Ryan

Eag's
10th May 2006, 09:33 PM
Nice shooting Ryan :smt023
Yes, this bloody game can really mess with your mind at times :smt087