Guys, looking at getting a new buggy.

Is there a lot of difference between the following,

Click gear
Optima with 360 front wheel
Triumph with 360 front wheel

Cheers

Jazz18
25th December 2015, 08:30 PM
I've had 2 of the three. Clicgear definitely seems to be the most popular. It is very solid construction and will probably sell easily if you ever want to get rid of it. It has good compartments and functionality and of course folds to a good smallish size when you get the hang of it. If you get one, make sure someone shows you how to fold it up or you watch the video. It can be tricky if you don't know what you're doing. Well, it was for me when I first got it.

The triumph (from Drummond's I'm guessing) is a great buggy too. Not as popular but they have lots of different models and styles. Perhaps not quite as hefty feeling as the Clicgear but definitely still quality and lighter weight for the equivalent. The swivel front wheel is definitely an advantage on the Triumph buggies and you could probably find an equivalent Triumph cheaper than the Clicgear and it will have the swivelling wheel. Don't pay ticket price on these. There would likely be a bigger margin on these for the store than for a Clicgear so they should be able to do you a good deal on one of these.

Even though I am a huge fan of the swivelling front wheel on the triumph I had, I kept my Clicgear as it has the brake on the handle. Most of the triumph buggies have a foot brake and a level to lock the swivelling front wheel on the handle. I much prefer the brake on the handle which was the deciding factor for me in the end. Foot brakes drive me mental while I'm playing.

Long reply I know but hope it helps.

Hatchman
25th December 2015, 10:30 PM
The Triumph are a big pile of sh!t. Worst golf purchase I've made. Unstable and heavy to push/pull.
I should have bought a clicgear. Went back to my old faith full first edition Smoothy.

callawayboy
26th December 2015, 10:16 AM
Consider a Walkinshaw swivel as well..I had a clicgear and hated the thing LOL

dM.
26th December 2015, 10:58 AM
Clicgear 3.5, dont' bother with anything else.

Dotty
26th December 2015, 12:36 PM
Bagboy C3.

Holds a standbag better than a Clicgear and easier to use. Also lacks ghey aftermarket accessories like seats, adjustable umbrella holder, etc.

I had a Triswivel before that, but would only recommend it to those that enjoy the handling of an overloaded shopping trolley being pushed up and down ramps.

olddogmike
26th December 2015, 01:26 PM
I use a Rovic, and my wife has a Click gear, both take staff bags with no trouble, fold small for transit and super stable.

Ferrins
26th December 2015, 02:01 PM
Have sold my three Clicgears and bought a Smoothy Rovic. Also use a Big Wheels.

AlexMc
26th December 2015, 05:15 PM
Have sold my three Clicgears and bought a Smoothy Rovic. Also use a Big Wheels. Do you have a Riksha buggy Ferrins? What is it like to use? Always been a bit curious...My Clicgear is just about stuffed after 6 years. Been a great buggy but they are everywhere and wouldn't mind something different.

Ferrins
26th December 2015, 05:36 PM
Mine is a Big Wheel but is identical to the Riksha. They are easier to push and pull plus you can use the wheel as a seat. Any size bag fits but not as compact for storage. Downside is you look like a knob.😀

BenM
26th December 2015, 05:38 PM
The Big Wheel buggies are good, very easy to push and pull particularly over soft / sandy ground. It's what they hire out at Barnbougle so I never take my own buggy up there.

Archi
26th December 2015, 08:53 PM
Consider a Walkinshaw swivel as well..I had a clicgear and hated the thing LOL

+ 1 for the Walkenshaw - awesome buggy
Only One button to fold it down too

BenM
26th December 2015, 09:15 PM
I had a Walkinshaw before my Clicgear, found it horribly unstable and flimsily constructed. Replacing it with the Clicgear was the best thing I ever did, it's taken the punishment and loved it.

rowey
27th December 2015, 05:18 PM
I do like the look of the Walkinshaw buggies, they seem a bit wider in the wheel base than the Triumph.
The 360 front wheel is very handy, something the Clicgear doesn't have.

Will have to see what they are like to push.

Cheers

dowdsy
27th December 2015, 07:41 PM
I have a smoothy micro suspension and its rubbish, front wheel keeps falling out and if you get on a slight hill on the side it just falls over if you haven't got hold of it tight.

Jazz18
29th December 2015, 08:53 AM
I do like the look of the Walkinshaw buggies, they seem a bit wider in the wheel base than the Triumph.
The 360 front wheel is very handy, something the Clicgear doesn't have.

Will have to see what they are like to push.

Cheers

I thought the Walkinshaw buggies felt flimsy in the shop when I looked at them.

The Rovic by clicgear now has a swivelling front wheel model. That looks quite good.

Daves
29th December 2015, 04:45 PM
I have a smoothy micro suspension and its rubbish, front wheel keeps falling out and if you get on a slight hill on the side it just falls over if you haven't got hold of it tight.

You haven't got the front wheel locked in properly, if it keeps falling out. Tipping over is one of the downsides of the suspension buggies, though it isn't a regular occurrence for me.

dowdsy
29th December 2015, 10:55 PM
Got it locked in ok its just the lever is not tight on the lock and comes loose over bumpy ground, pain in the arse usually when I am having a bad day.

PeteyD
29th December 2015, 11:04 PM
Flip n Go from GCO. Currently $160 delivered too. Great value. Sit a staff bag better than the clicgears do.

Coldtopper
30th December 2015, 07:11 AM
39108 Do you use one of these steering nobs Ben M interested in your opinion ?

BenM
30th December 2015, 09:13 AM
No.

Lagerlover
30th December 2015, 09:31 AM
Best invention ever!!!

Steve57
31st December 2015, 10:46 AM
39108 Do you use one of these steering nobs Ben M interested in your opinion ?
I do and they are the best!

aussieashley
31st December 2015, 08:26 PM
39108 Do you use one of these steering nobs Ben M interested in your opinion ? I do and despite the jokes from playing partners, I like it. Easy to steer.I didn't buy mine, GCO just threw it in when I got my buggy.