PDA

View Full Version : Water damages a Bushnell Tour V3?

FuzzyJuzzy
24th December 2015, 10:05 PM
Gents,

I played Stonecutters in the rain on Tuesday and was pretty damn wet by the end of the round. Got home and unpacked everything from my bag to dry out. Then played again this morning and realised I'd left my Bush Tour V3 in my bag (and I didn't put it back in its carry case). Got it out to use it today and it wasn't working - the crosshairs weren't showing when I pressed the button. The lenses or whatever they're called seemed a little fogged up. It was working fine in the rain on Tuesday.
So just wondering, can water damage a rangefinder? I wouldn't have thought so, but I certainly couldn't get it to work today. It's only about four months old, and bought new from Golfbox; never had a problem with it.
Thanks in advance for your help lads. Appreciate it.

Ferrins
24th December 2015, 10:10 PM
Wouldn't happen to a Leupold.

Captain Nemo
24th December 2015, 10:12 PM
Battery?

Captain Nemo
24th December 2015, 10:15 PM
Says they are rainproof, but waterproof no...
http://bushnellgolf.com/Laser-Rangefinders/Tour-v3
Let it dry out, change the battery and see what happens...

benno_r
24th December 2015, 10:17 PM
Stick it in a jar full of uncooked rice for a few days.

So the olds wives tale goes.

PerryGroves
24th December 2015, 10:33 PM
Says they are rainproof, but waterproof no...
http://bushnellgolf.com/Laser-Rangefinders/Tour-v3
Let it dry out, change the battery and see what happens...

Mine has fogged up before, just left it and it was OK. They are reasonably resilient, reckon the Capt. is correct regarding the battery.

Dotty
25th December 2015, 06:50 AM
Playing twice a week, I got 4 months from original battery and 4 months from the replacement.

And they don't fade away. It's 100% working, then completely nothing.

FuzzyJuzzy
25th December 2015, 07:22 AM
Thanks Gents. Appreciate it.
I've got it airing out in the garage (with the battery compartment open). Will grab a new battery tomorrow or so and see if that does the trick. Cheers.
Great day to be at NSW GC this morning...if only:(.

davidw88
25th December 2015, 08:13 AM
put it in the rice will draw the moisture out.

mrbluu
25th December 2015, 08:35 AM
And they don't fade away. It's 100% working, then completely nothing.

+100000000

Jazz18
25th December 2015, 07:33 PM
Let us know how you get on please FJ. I'm curious to hear how you go getting it to work again.

Peppas
25th December 2015, 07:39 PM
Tried voodoo?

FuzzyJuzzy
25th December 2015, 08:01 PM
Let us know how you get on please FJ. I'm curious to hear how you go getting it to work again.Curious? So am I:). Will try a new battery, then if that doesn't work I'll try the rice voodoo. Will let you know if/when I get it working. Worst case I might be able to send it back to GolfBox...

Jazz18
25th December 2015, 08:31 PM
Curious? So am I:). Will try a new battery, then if that doesn't work I'll try the rice voodoo. Will let you know if/when I get it working. Worst case I might be able to send it back to GolfBox...

Thanks mate, good luck. Hope you can get it working again.

davidw88
26th December 2015, 07:29 AM
Id say if you haven't put it in the rice by now it wouldn't be worth trying as the water would of done the damage by now if that is the problem.

mrbluu
26th December 2015, 07:54 AM

FuzzyJuzzy
9th January 2016, 04:40 AM
Finally got around to getting another CR2 battery ($9 at Masters). Put it in my Tour V3 last night and it seems to be working like normal. So guess it was just a dead battery, not water damage. Hopefully it works like it should on the course this morning:).

Dotty
9th January 2016, 05:30 AM
Stick it in a jar full of uncooked rice for a few days.

So the olds wives tale goes.
I read about an interesting twist to this last week.

Store all the small silica gel pouches that come with shoes, electronic gear, etc. in an airtight container.

Use these instead of rice for drying out damp electronic gear, as they absorb something like 10x their weight in moisture.

3Puttpete
9th January 2016, 11:59 AM