PDA

View Full Version : Irish Open

Jarro
26th July 2004, 09:19 AM
http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,10248175-23213,00.html

Fishman Dan
26th July 2004, 09:26 AM
Shame about Lonard - i was hoping he'd pick this up and we'd see a revival. Perhaps he needs to duke it out on the Euro Tour for a while?

Seems like the local tour wasn't good enough for him, but the step up to the PGA Tour was too much.

AndyP
26th July 2004, 09:50 AM
Good to see another Aussie winning. We're taking over. :twisted:

Hopefully this is the "start" of Rumford's successful career.

Jarro
26th July 2004, 09:55 AM
Rumford been knocking on the door for a while now.

What was that tounament he won here in Aus :? Played awesome in that 8)

Hopefully now he'll kick on.

McMw
26th July 2004, 09:58 AM
I stayed up till 2am to watch it!!! :D

Nothing better to see a fellow member win one!!! :D

200K pounds plus, invitation to the NEC, first "official" tour win, huge jump in the rankings...what's not to love abt Ireland!!! :lol:

think I'm gonna start looking for a broom stick 2ball!!!
and to think the last time I saw and had a chat with him at RP, he was using a SCOTTY!!!! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Golfgirl
26th July 2004, 04:31 PM
200K pounds plus, invitation to the NEC, first "official" tour win, huge jump in the rankings...what's not to love abt Ireland!!!

Yep - there's not much to not love about that win.... I caught a replay of it this afternoon - he was making some good putts, and what about that chip in?? :shock:

Shame that Lonard fell off the pace, but I think he did well regardless....

McMw
26th July 2004, 04:38 PM
looks like he's settled in nicely...

when he got his tour card, he mentioned (in an article) that he had to bulk up so that his body can handle the cold weather in Europe...and it looked like he did...

same swing and preshot routine as I can remembered watching him play at RP...

this guy spent soo much time at the chipping green after school, it's great to see him collect a "biggish" tourney...

during the post-round interview, he was told he was the first aussie to win on tour in abt 12 mths...
had me raking my memory as to who was the last one...
I believe it would be Adam Scott...

gazgolf1
26th July 2004, 05:30 PM
Rumford with a long putter. :shock:

I thought he was supposed to be freakishly good with a short putter.

McMw
26th July 2004, 05:32 PM
he was...... :wink:
he's one who spent more time working on his chipping and putting than he does on his long game... :shock:

guess he's even better with the broomie!!! :D
and knocking in 8 birds yesterday, and missed a dolly, it must have been working allright last night!!! :lol:

Jarro
26th July 2004, 05:45 PM
Mau,

i know he's Titleist sponsored .....but what gear is he using :?:

McMw
26th July 2004, 06:10 PM
titleist everything except the putter...
he was using a custom scotty (not PP or SS) the last time I saw him...

when I chatted with him the last time (yonks ago), titleist just sent him gears from the states (or thru aschunet australia)...

then last year, his clubs were stolen or lost in transit, so he went over to titleist to get geared up...so that's prob the first time he's been to the states...

funny how he's also used the NC Voodoo... :wink:

defn the 983k driver, 980f fairway, and titleist blades were wat I saw last night... :D

jaster
26th July 2004, 06:35 PM
What a fantastic WIN!!! Always liked Brett from when he was an amateur and showed so much promise, IMO always looked more the professional than Dresses Baddly ;)

Loved the look of the 2ball long, makes me want to get my MID extended another 5 inches, problem is the lie angle would be too flat...hmmm then again ;)

nick
26th July 2004, 06:45 PM
I think Rumford either uses 680's or 670's, and he does have a K and a 980F.

Did anyone see Petie Lonard hitting that three wood, the shaft is like 40 inches long! He still smashes it though, great shot into 18, would have been nice to see him hole that.

His stroke isn't looking great (Lonard's), very quick and short, I would love to see him give the belly putter a try, mind you, his stomach muscles would probably snap the shafts, the man is huge! When I followed him at the ANZ championship, he just smashes the ball with his forearms, and LONG!

Anyway, I really like Rumford, he has a really good set-up, a few swing faults which he can struggle with (did anyone see his shot on 15? Not the chip in, the tee shot, massive duff), but he has a really solid short game, but he only hit 4 fairways in his last round, he was missing fairways with irons, but just knocking it on the green and holing the putt, or chipping in.

On a side-note, how is that putter Paddy Harrington is using? Huge thing, interesting looking though, and I wonder whether Wilson will release it, they need to do a lot more marketing on their clubs, because they are under-rated.

Nick

McMw
27th July 2004, 10:04 AM
swing fault or no swing fault, I don't care...
it's a heck of a lot better than mine...plus with 200Kpounds+ in his bank acc, I don't think he cares too... :wink:

I was intrigued with Paddy's equipment too...
looks like Wilson is bringing back their old W/S badge...YEAH!!!

and what was that UGLY POS putter he was using??? doubt very much it's a wilson...for a mmt, I thought it was the Mac Burrows putter!!! :lol:

nick
27th July 2004, 02:29 PM
Nah, the putter that Paddy is using is a Wilson prototype, according to BSG.

Nick