PDA

View Full Version : Event Registration - OZgolfer Feedback required

AndyP
29th April 2006, 11:28 PM
I have installed an Event Registration function onto the forum, and I'd like some feedback on it.
It's definitely not as good as the function we had on the old forum, but I would like to know if this new one is workable, as opposed to the current list cut and paste method.

The registration is done via the calendar instead of the thread. Have a look at the following for an example:
http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=39&day=2006-5-2

So to use it, the event organiser would need to create the event in the calendar and provide a link within a corresponding thread, so people can go and register their attendance, or remove their attendance.

Thoughts?

Meanwhile, I'll keep an eye out for a function that meets our demands better.

Jarro
30th April 2006, 04:05 AM
looks ok to me AndyP, if the masses like it ... lets go with it.

3oneday
30th April 2006, 07:54 AM
Seems pretty good actually, and no need for people not attending to regsiter their disinterest.

Grunt
30th April 2006, 08:05 AM
Would be heaps easier for someone trying to organise a game if there is something that gives them a straight out list. Good idea Andy.

AndyP
30th April 2006, 09:08 AM
It still has the drawback of not including OZgolfer guest's names, but they can be manually entered in calendar entry.

markTHEblake
30th April 2006, 07:19 PM
it was hard enough to get everyone to click 'register' when it was in the same thread.

good idea but in practice its likely a lot of people wont get around to doing i, and you will end up with two inconsistent lists of participants

AndyP
2nd May 2006, 11:21 PM
How about we give this a bit of a trial, and if the results are no good, then we trash it...

Jarro
3rd May 2006, 06:46 AM
yep, give it a run for a bit.

Although it doesn't look like there's many games planned for May so far :???:

AndyP
11th May 2006, 04:27 PM
I've done up a little how to guide for this in the 1st tee area.

http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4761

andylo
11th May 2006, 05:00 PM
I am actually with Blakey but give it a trial before trash it anyway

BrisVegas
14th May 2006, 01:09 PM
I am actually with Blakey but give it a trial before trash it anyway

I agree with Blake and Andylo... :shock:

Too much hassle, sorry. But by all means trial away. I'm done organising golf games.

AndyP
14th May 2006, 02:42 PM
The registration function can't do anything about actually getting people to turn up after they register.

AndyP
1st August 2006, 03:38 PM
Well, I think this function is now officially a flop. There are lots of cut and paste lists around now, I've noticed.
Unfortunately, I haven't seen anything better.

I'm done organising golf games.
That's in May. Classic!

Grunt
1st August 2006, 03:51 PM
I quite liked it, but I guess others did not. So is the calander is canned?

poidda
1st August 2006, 03:53 PM
I've been developing a site that might be of use here. Give me a little while longer to tweek it and i'll be after some feedback.

Pete

AndyP
1st August 2006, 03:56 PM
I quite liked it, but I guess others did not. So is the calander is canned?
The calendar will always be there.

The registration function is still there for now.

poidda, what sort of site are you talking about?

poidda
1st August 2006, 04:03 PM
The idea is to replicate the members signon sheet for weekend competitions at clubs.
in a nut shell, admin of the course can add comps with tee-off times and then members can add their name to these comps/times.

as i said, it aint quite finished yet, and i will be after a "test" club.

pete

AndyP
19th October 2006, 11:03 PM
The Event Registration function has been uninstalled.