PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland Tour Action

attycuz
16th December 2015, 11:34 AM
Hi everyone,

New to the forum and golf I guess. I used to play a little when I was younger but going to start up again. I'm 31 now think its time I learnt to play.

I went to the driving range the other day and hired some clubs, there was one club that just seemed to work for me, my shots were going straight and pretty consistent, but I have no idea what club it is. So was wondering if anyone can help...

I have attached a picture to try and help. So obviously its a Cleveland Tour Action however there are so many of them around and I cant seem to find a specific model or series number.

Anyone seen, used them before?

Thanks

Captain Nemo
16th December 2015, 12:55 PM
You could prob pickup some newer versions cheap?
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CLEVELAND-TOUR-ACTION-TA3-IRON-SET-4-PW-STIFF-STEEL-SHAFTS-RH-GOLF-CLUBS-IRONS-/281823486651?hash=item419dfd22bb:g:HH4AAOSw9mFWL-5D

Jazz18
17th December 2015, 05:20 PM
Hi everyone,

New to the forum and golf I guess. I used to play a little when I was younger but going to start up again. I'm 31 now think its time I learnt to play.

I went to the driving range the other day and hired some clubs, there was one club that just seemed to work for me, my shots were going straight and pretty consistent, but I have no idea what club it is. So was wondering if anyone can help...

I have attached a picture to try and help. So obviously its a Cleveland Tour Action however there are so many of them around and I cant seem to find a specific model or series number.

Anyone seen, used them before?

Thanks

Just be careful with kind of stuff. Some manufacturers make SMU's for specific retailers/buying organisations because then they get an exclusive and can't be price matched. This set doesn't look familiar as a normal off the rack retail version of this iron but I could be wrong. As Capt says, I'm sure there are plenty of similar cleveland irons out there that could be had for a very reasonable price. CG7's come to mind as something worth looking at. The other alternative is ask the shop where you hired them if you could buy them or if they know where they got them from.

attycuz
17th December 2015, 05:34 PM
Just be careful with kind of stuff. Some manufacturers make SMU's for specific retailers/buying organisations because then they get an exclusive and can't be price matched. This set doesn't look familiar as a normal off the rack retail version of this iron but I could be wrong. As Capt says, I'm sure there are plenty of similar cleveland irons out there that could be had for a very reasonable price. CG7's come to mind as something worth looking at. The other alternative is ask the shop where you hired them if you could buy them or if they know where they got them from.

Thank you for the advice.

I actually managed to find a set (just ebay and gumtree until I saw them) not sure if I over paid or not (let me know) but I'm pretty happy. Paid $400 for a full set.
5,6,7,8,9,P,S,Putter, 3w, 5w, 3i, Bag, Balls and Tees. Should be enough for me now haha. Now I just need to learn how to play :)

Matt 3 Jab
17th December 2015, 09:28 PM
Looks like the older TA6 or TA7. Like others have said its a prob a SMU for a big retailer.

If getting back into the game it's not the worst you could have bought

Godscountry
17th December 2015, 10:31 PM
Good on you mate. Hope you enjoy the journey. Don't get too attached to them, you will probably go through 6 sets in the next 2 years. Good luck

Hatchman
18th December 2015, 08:53 AM
Good on you mate. Hope you enjoy the journey. Don't get too attached to them, you will probably go through 6 sets in the next 2 years. Good luck

At least 6 if hanging around on the forum.

attycuz
18th December 2015, 09:03 AM
If i spend on here like I do on car parts im going to be in trouble with the misses. Think i'm going to have to create my own bank account haha

Jazz18
25th December 2015, 03:51 PM
If i spend on here like I do on car parts im going to be in trouble with the misses. Think i'm going to have to create my own bank account haha

Looks like you did ok with the set up you bought. Good idea to have separate golf money from the keeper of the cash. I take care of our finances mostly so I have a little more free reign :)